Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default sword and shield animation

char that uses sword and shield in u17 on lama moves left every 4th attack in chain (the all around swing with slight jump), at first it seems not much but autoattack use is out of question with it, as in 10 swings char will move too far for autoattack to stay active, and i know lot of ppl uses autoattack.

done some testing and it only happens with shield equiped, no such problem with 2 handed weapon or with just weapon and other hand free, as soon as shield is equipped char starts to move left.
    "If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong."
    — Groucho Marx

Using sunder or making the spin attack of the autoattack chain (4th attack to be clear) makes the character move and the screen to move as well.

EDIT: This is a VERY annyoing bug ... if you try to autoattack the training dummy you walk around it... Build-in dodge FTW!
    Last edited by Zerkul; 01-18-2013 at 08:36 AM.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

I have looked into this bug, and I am not seeing it. I have attempted to reproduce it with a dwarf fighter (lvl 24) with a dwarven war axe (Sever) and a tower shield as well as an elf paladin (lvl 20) with a scimitar and large shield. Could you let me know your character's Race, Class, Level, Main Hand Weapon, and Shield?

Thank you for your help!

It is Human Fighter SD.

While using axe and shield on the 4th attack of the animation chain you get something like an half sidestep and the screen moves.

I encountered a similar problem with FVS with Greatsword. During the last attack of the sequence it makes a little (very little) step backwards: you can check it in autoattack on the training dummy, after some attack chains you will not be able to hit it anymore (standing still).

EDIT: let me know if you need a video i can make one.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

human paladin dos, with both shield mastery feats and shield bash, lvl 25 with capped sentinel destiny, tried few longswords and warhammers, and EE bastion Shield, 1 other random tower shield, and 1 buckler. same effect with all of those.

EDIT: i confirm that similar thing happens for greatsword but to the back, its more subtle and bit less noticeable, but still is, does not happen for great axe, checked on greatsword and falchion, also tried 2 diffrent greataxes
    Last edited by bloodnose13; 01-18-2013 at 12:22 PM. Reason: patch to update
    — Groucho Marx

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Thank you for the additional information! It looks like Humans and Half-elves are affected by this bug.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Thank you for the additional information! It looks like Humans and Half-elves are affected by this bug.
    I just wanted to mention that I logged in last night and this is still happening in the latest build. (Human paladin)

seriously???

u17 went live today and that bug is still in it.....

Squeak somebody ignored you....

guess problem that does happen ONLY for 2 races does not need to be fixed.
    — Groucho Marx

I have looked into this bug, and I am not seeing it. I have attempted to reproduce it with a dwarf fighter (lvl 24) with a dwarven war axe (Sever) and a tower shield as well as an elf paladin (lvl 20) with a scimitar and large shield. Could you let me know your character's Race, Class, Level, Main Hand Weapon, and Shield?

Thank you for your help!
    Same issue on airship @ dummy, Bastion EH & E-Fang, human Ftr 24

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

Thank you for your help!
    Human lvl 24 Stalwart using bastion and chimeric fang

This bug made it through beta to live. Now we have tanks that move around while tanking. Please fix it.

Thanks,
    Z.

Community Member

Human, light armor, Kundarak Shield with either Khopeshf or B. Sword . . . I DO NOT have this bug. I also DO NOT have the THFing line or improved Shield bash.

Hoping that helps
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    Human, light armor, Kundarak Shield with either Khopeshf or B. Sword . . . I DO NOT have this bug. I also DO NOT have the THFing line or improved Shield bash.

Hoping that helps
    male or female character, as i asked around and it seems its only male chars that are affected.
    — Groucho Marx

Male Human with a THF weapon move slightly on 4th attack.
    Male Human Shield and Board with Tower Shield and D-Axe moves a lot on 4th attack making it impossible to stand and tank something.

Community Member

human fighter stalwart light armor wall of wood shield and shield bash...
    I have this bug and its really annyoing...

Shield bash is 20% base with 20% on the shield and 20% with the feat??
    I am not seeing anywhere close to these numbers with my shield bash..

V

so nearly a year............ and my chars still jump around when swinging weapons

so WHEN IT WILL BE FIXED!!!!!!!??????

please dont send me to known issues, becosue that does not FIX THE PROBLEM......
    — Groucho Marx

Can someone at turbine use 5 min of time and explain why this bug is not fixed?

silence about this is makeing it only worse.

please explain why you cant/ or dont want to/ or dont care to fix this ANNOYING BUG!!!!!

it only takes about 5 min to say SOMETHING.............

maybe saying that it affects PAID helf race too may make you to do something about it?
    — Groucho Marx

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by bloodnose13 View Post
    Can someone at turbine use 5 min of time and explain why this bug is not fixed?

silence about this is makeing it only worse.

please explain why you cant/ or dont want to/ or dont care to fix this ANNOYING BUG!!!!!

it only takes about 5 min to say SOMETHING.............

maybe saying that it affects PAID helf race too may make you to do something about it?
    Maybe they're waiting for the 1 year anniversary?

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Maybe they're waiting for the 1 year anniversary?
    hmmm maybe, maybe we will get a reward box again...

So turbine? will there be any answer? something constructive? or you intend to keep silent and wait for it all to blow over?

FIX THE BUG!!!!
    — Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by bloodnose13 View Post
    so nearly a year............ and my chars still jump around when swinging weapons

so WHEN IT WILL BE FIXED!!!!!!!??????

please dont send me to known issues, because that does not FIX THE PROBLEM......
    After a 7 month break, I return to find this isn't fixed. SAD 1 1/2 years and no fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast