Default Monk changes and sugestions on DC calculations

As some dc calculations are corrected I got few suggestions for fixes in other monk abilities , which some of those maybe are considered even buged.

Everything is nothing now is calculated as the rest ki spells of grandmaster of flowers. Now the dc is calculated 10+ char lvl + Wisdom modifier. Imo that is a welcome fix .It gives monks a reason to invest in wisdom as it should be .

My suggestions:

1) Touch of Death : Touch of death is calculated 10+ Monk level+ wisdom modifier. So it doesn't consider at all the Grandmaster of flower levels which is a +5 . I would not suggest of course to change the formula to consider character levels because it will ruin the class balance compared to multiclass. But instead grandmaster of flower should be considered as a monk lvl and raise the dcs , as it is for arcane and divine spell casting EDs. Imo this is considered a bug and should be corrected . (bug reported)

2)Quivering Palm : Quivering Palm has a different calculation on formula . If i m not mistaken is Monk level + wisdom modifier .The dc as it is , is low for epic content . Again as aforementioned it doesn't add the grandmaster of flower levels thus missing +5 dc . Imo grandmaster levels should be at least considered in that calculation . I would suggest also not to use the same formula with the +10 but instead add the exceptional combat tactics bonuses which atm reach the most +6 and you got to wear an item to improve it, so its not overpowering. (not bug reported)

As a conclusion if you do the aforementioned fixes on Grandmaster of Flower ED will affect and correct all monk abilities of dark and light monk with only 1 fix .
    Last edited by Deamus; 01-18-2013 at 06:00 AM.
    One Monk To Gimp Them All
    Europe Devourer Beta Player
    Arise Founder
    Daemus, Daemons, Daemonicus Thelanis Server

Any developer feedback would be great!

First of all do you consider these bugs or WAI ? imo they are bugs.

Thanks in advance.
    One Monk To Gimp Them All
    Europe Devourer Beta Player
    Arise Founder
    Daemus, Daemons, Daemonicus Thelanis Server

/signed pls

I dont have a problem with the fix to EiN, but pls fix all monk tactics to count GMoF or fix GMoF to adding monk levels if you have them.

Or at least tell us that with the enhancement revamp this will happen.

Ninja edit:

Quivering palm: DC 10 + half monk level + full wis mod
    Kukan-do: DC 10 + monk level + full charisma mod
    Smite tainted creature: DC 10 + monk level + full wis mod
    Tomb of jade: DC 10 + monk level + full wis mod
    Dismissing Strike: DC 10 + monk level + full wis mod
    Jade Strike: DC 10 + monk level + full wis mod
    Last edited by Henky; 01-19-2013 at 08:37 AM.
    Thelanis - Officer of Reinos Olvidados: Henkyh, Neghi, Konokka, Kufei, Bartolomew, Rovinh, Artinata

Community Member

A typical monk DC on quivering Palm will be mid 30s, which is completely pointless in EE content. I took it off my bar at 20.

Touch of Death missing the 5 means it is mid 40s for most monks which guarantees 50% damage in EE since it is against fort and I mostly miss FoD with a 55-60 DC in EE so even giving it the 5 isn't going to get it landing all that much.

With the number of undead and death warded mobs in EE right now, both abilities are a bit sketchy even if they got a massive bump to their DCs.

But that isn't all. Monk finishers such as Touch of Despair or Pain Touch have the same problem and simply will not land no matter what a monk does in EE content.

Shining Star of course is worse and has a similarly abysmal DC to Quivering Palm, usually mid 30s.

Having DCs 20 points behind a typical mob's save bonus is pretty ridiculous. But following Turbine's motto, if it ain't working don't break it, things like this which have loooong been broken get no attention, while GMoF DC instead gets busted. Wheee.

Even if they "fix" the DCs with an extra 5 or 6 they're still going to be relatively unreliable, and running in fire stance is not exactly going to be helping anything.
    Last edited by oweieie; 01-19-2013 at 04:35 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Henky View Post
    I dont have a problem with the fix to EiN, but pls fix all monk tactics to count GMoF or fix GMoF to adding monk levels if you have them.
    Adding GMoF to DC isn't the solution. GMoF isn't even vaguely the best destiny for the majority of monks. Locking monks into that destiny in order to use any ability they have that distinguishes them from being really bad fighters would be a huge mistake. It should simply count epic levels as being monk levels for DC or at least count combat mastery items.