Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If you're doing crafting, and I assume you are if one of your heirlooms is crafted, you might want to make yourself a stench repeater of whatever. It's low hanging fruit. Try it and you'll see why I suggested it :P
    Not for everyone. But if you're looking for a fresh experience with a slower pace and tactical play, come check us out at www.mortalvoyage.us You might just like what you see...

Finished all quests, with the exception of Proof is in the Poison, on elite up to level 4. Going to go back for Proof after I level.

Took level 7 after finishing up the lower level quests and am excited for the necro series. Started by doing Tomb of the Crimson Heart elite. No major problems. I really could use a death block item though. Won't be too much longer before some of the mobs could potentially insta death me. Going to go back to tangleroot for the deathward clickie.

Can't wait for level 8 when I get searing light. Could really use the undead direct damage.

Quote Originally Posted by wonkey View Post
    If you're doing crafting, and I assume you are if one of your heirlooms is crafted, you might want to make yourself a stench repeater of whatever. It's low hanging fruit. Try it and you'll see why I suggested it :P
    Thanks wonkey, I'll definitely check it out. Can use all the help I can get .

Last night I worked my way through the necro 1 series all the way to the Bloody Crypt, which I would be attempting on elite. I did a little crafting in preparation for the vampire Salasso. I couldn't break his silver dr so I was worried I wouldn't be able to take him down. So, I crafted a few stacks of holy bolts to up my damage a bit. After 75 mins I had managed to pew pew pew my way to Salasso. Having no access to ah or vendors I'm still lacking many basic items, such as something to cure or prevent blindness as you can see in my video encounter with the vampire boss. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9TEE5nnOo0. I definitely made a lot of saves though during my encounter which helped quite a bit.

Things have been going well so far, but I'm foreseeing a problem soon, where my repeating crossbow damage will not be enough to take down mobs relatively quickly in the next few levels to come, and I will still be a few levels away from getting bladebarrier and many of the other offensive casting abililties of the divine. I'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.
    Last edited by chappyglass; 02-11-2013 at 02:54 PM.

Hey Chappy, it's been an interesting read so far.

What's the latest update?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urist View Post
    You know that there's a "walk" key, right?
    The only reason I don't use it more is because the walking animations, whatever race you are, look like you've got a rod up your rear. (could work for a Paladin, though )

Default New Solo PD hero after a long break

Starting a new solo Pd toon to take on the evils of Eberron. Started a Divine Disciple(light damage cleric). Might throw in some paladin later. We'll see how the new changes to paladin class might benefit my build. Build is going strong so far. Moving through harbor elites without too much trouble. Will probably post some vids later of some of the more challenging quests.

Default Level 6 now, working on level 4 elite quests

Finished up all level 3 quests on elite last night and took level 6. 5 cleric/1 rogue now.

Everything is going well so far. Only problem has been running out of sp a little early sometimes.
    Oh and since I'm only using what gear I've found I'm still lacking a lot of basics like search and disable items for trapping.

Going to make my way though all the level 4 quests on elite now.

Arrow Gameplay videos of some solo Permadeath runs

Storehouse Secret: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_089...jDZKig_zEYWfye

Butchers' Path: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daJF...EYWfye&index=2

Freshen the Air: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov28...EYWfye&index=3

Pretty happy with how things have been going so far. Light damage is respectable for the level I'm at. Holy smite gives some decent
    Aoe damage. Rogue skillls are a little lacking and very under geared so finding traps is still a big problem. Still Level 6 and moving through
    level 4 elite quests.

Default Death of my Divine Disciple

Well my hero died in a run of The Depths of Darkness. I ventured down a corridor i don't usually go and saw a nice shiny treasure chest at the other end. I knew it was a bad idea to go for it but i did anyways. Only took a few steps and was engulfed in an inferno of fire. With no evasion my guy didn't stand a chance.

Default Starting a new hero to take on the evils of Eberron.

I'll be making a battle cleric to start and picking up the divine disciple line later. Thinking 2rogue/3pally/15 cleric. The hope is that with good trapping and saves, with evasion I won't have a repeat of my last death and will survive long enough to pick enough cleric levels for the Divine Disciple light magic to get powerful.

Good luck in your PD project. I've enjoyed following your adventures so far and I look forward to future updates.

I think a battle cleric is a good option, but I'd be concerned that the clerics' poor saves will limit the usefulness of evasion. What about 18 fvs/2 monk, or if you're set on trapping 17 fvs/1 rogue(or art.)/2 monk?

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleTimb View Post
    Good luck in your PD project. I've enjoyed following your adventures so far and I look forward to future updates.

I think a battle cleric is a good option, but I'd be concerned that the clerics' poor saves will limit the usefulness of evasion. What about 18 fvs/2 monk, or if you're set on trapping 17 fvs/1 rogue(or art.)/2 monk?
    Thanks Purple Timb, glad your enjoying it. It's a super fun and challenging experience for me. 18fvs/2 monk is definitely on my list of builds I'd like to try as well. Handwraps, good stunning fist, and spell dc's sounds good to me! I'd probably have to pick up some trapping skills as well for this style of play. Thanks for the suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by chappyglass View Post
    Thanks Purple Timb, glad your enjoying it. It's a super fun and challenging experience for me. 18fvs/2 monk is definitely on my list of builds I'd like to try as well. Handwraps, good stunning fist, and spell dc's sounds good to me! I'd probably have to pick up some trapping skills as well for this style of play. Thanks for the suggestion
    Handwraps and stunning fist do sound fun, but I recommend two monk for the feats and evasion alone. I was actually thinking of something uncentered, such as elf dual wielding scimitars or human with dual khopeshes. I guess that's what I think of as the favored soul equivalent of a battle cleric.

As for trapping, 1 rogue will get you there, hence the 17/2/1 option I mentioned. However, my thought was with evasion and high saves you could pretty much ignore most traps and walk right through them. Now that I say that though I realize that you only have to roll a single '1' on a saving throw to die in an elite trap, so maybe that's not the best of advice. :-)

Default 3 Cleric/2 Rogue/2Pally going strong

Had a great weekend of playing my new solo pd toon. Pretty nice dps with power attack/cleave/great cleave. Evasion and nice saves from paladin has made this character very survivable. Tried farming a bit for the chieftan's spear quarterstaff and Arlyn's staff as well with no luck. Both would be a nice upgrade from the Pillar of Light staff I got as a reward for the Catacomb's chain. Over the last few days I've managed to finish all quests level 4 and under on elite and am more than half way through all the level 5's.

Still need to do the Carnival chain. It has always been the greatest challenge for me to complete with bravery bonus solo. We'll see how it goes

Default Favor High Point

Earned over 750 favor so far. Most earned so far in this project. I'm enjoying the build and think it has the versatility and survivability for this project.

Default Death of my Divine Acrobat

After cruising through A Small Problem and The Snitch with relative ease my pd hero met his end in Partycrashers. This has always been a real stopper quest for me in this style of play. Died in the large room with the giant while trying to take down one of the illusiary symbols with the spike around it. Thought my saves would were enough to get though it but apparently not...

Well the build was strong and I will start another character soon with a similar build I think. Quarterstaff build with cleave, great cleave seems fairly good at low levels. Might drop the pally levels and pick up more cleric for better heals early on.

Default Question

As someone who regularly plays solo with this style but due to non-vip status at normal, how much of a difference would it be to play at Hard vs Elite. I've done Hard and Elite lower level quests [under lvl 7/8] with a static group and found that quests varied considerably in their difficulty - regardless of either label. Usually the difficulty with the mobs isn't the issue but the trap damage and end boss. I'd think Hard would give the best of both worlds - a challenge vs. instant death. I feel that instant death should be a result of a fail [rolling a 1 on a save] rather than a percentage you came up short in - if that makes any sense. Is Hard difficulty that much easier than Elite for solo play?

Quote Originally Posted by zefjoe View Post
    As someone who regularly plays solo with this style but due to non-vip status at normal, how much of a difference would it be to play at Hard vs Elite. I've done Hard and Elite lower level quests [under lvl 7/8] with a static group and found that quests varied considerably in their difficulty - regardless of either label. Usually the difficulty with the mobs isn't the issue but the trap damage and end boss. I'd think Hard would give the best of both worlds - a challenge vs. instant death. I feel that instant death should be a result of a fail [rolling a 1 on a save] rather than a percentage you came up short in - if that makes any sense. Is Hard difficulty that much easier than Elite for solo play?
    Hard would still be a great challenge. Like you mentioned the main difference would be the trap damage. Most of my solo pd toons have died in traps lol. Up until now i've always incorportated some trapping skills to help deal with them but with the changes to heavy armor im working on a high mrr and prr build that can take an elite trap hit and keep going.

Let me know how it goes for you. It would be fun to hear about your solo pd adventures

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12