Default Threnal cannot be completed

I was curious to see what changes had been made to Threnal loot, so I did a quick run through. Unfortunately the last quest "The Gate Chamber" refuses to complete. I kill the 5 giants inside and just...nothing happens. Have tried 3 times now with the same result. First was loading directly in from the previous dungeon, the others were after resetting and coming in from the Threnal wilderness.

Additionally, Chieftain Bergthrym just stays on the stairs and doesn't move or attack. This is probably related...there's some flag for his death that's not being triggered because he just sits there like a lump.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Thank you for the information! I have let the Devs know that "The Gate Chamber" cannot be completed (and that Chieftain Bergthrym is unresponsive).

I would like it to be fixed as well, if for no other reason than to see if the Screaming Amethyst Arrows became something that was actually useful...
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Community Member

Please fix the flagging mechanic while you guys are rooting around there. I hate having to repeat the first two series of chains more than once because the third chain refuses to reset properly. This tends to happen about 50% of the time when running the pack after the first time.

Like Matuse, I was curious to see what Threnal's new stuff had, but couldn't access the last chain because the chain didn't reset properly. I can sit through the 3 babysitting quests once a run, but twice just irrates me to no end. So please fix the mechanics for this chain.

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    Please fix the flagging mechanic while you guys are rooting around there. I hate having to repeat the first two series of chains more than once because the third chain refuses to reset properly. This tends to happen about 50% of the time when running the pack after the first time.

They've said a few times that this and necro flagging, are ridiculously hard to fix without breaking a bunch of other stuff. I don't pretend to understand why exactly but I take them at their word - they know we want this, but I don't think they can give you joy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge