Default Opinions over Delara's Loot

Regarding Delara's Loot (Disclaimer: I have not logged into Lamaland, just saw the pics):

• Skeleton Key is still subpar. Before U14, it at least was equal to ML 7 random loot (however on a trinket). Now, a random ML 7 Open Lock item is +10, and have 5% chance to also have a yellow slot. I think the OL bonus on it should be at least +10 (so it becomes a "guaranteed BtA loot"), or with other bonus that makes it desirable (eg, it dont use tools for opening locks only).
    • Sigil of Stormreach is on the same situation, except worse. A randomly generated Diplomacy +5 item is ML 3 (or no ML if RR or BtA). It does have a green slot, but unless you use a blue augment on it, e come back to the chance of generating a ML 3 Diplo +5 item with a yellow slot. I think you should up Diplomacy to +10, or add more social skills. maybe Diplo/Intimidate/Bluff/Perform +7.
    • Trapsmith's Toolbelt is a good item, but using the wrong skills. Add Search or Open Lock for it, for he same reasons mentioned above (no one cares about Repair currently). Or add the suggestion on the Skeleton Key and allow it to disable traps (and only traps) without consuming Tools.
    • Headsman's Hood goes on the same train. Snce it is basically a intimidate raiser, up it to +10, or add more stuff for it.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Indeed, random lootgen should not be better than the corresponding named items. (mostly the +7 skill vs +10 skill)

Community Member

I like obsidian dagger or boneshard flute. 114 spell power in two elements of your choice on a one handed weapon? Why not?

Striding 30% on Hellfire Cloak? Why not! And you have another green slot for your customization pleasures.

Slotting an item with a 24 augment will raise the min lvl to 24, so its better to get a high lvl item with 2 slots and other lvl 24 stats. Not sure if there is random loot with 2 slots but even good high lvl random loot with 1 slot would be better.

Makkuroi: Caster TR (4th life: human FVS/Monk in progress)--Makkutank: Juggernaut copy (3rd life: WF Arti/Monk/Pal in progress)--Bringthem Backalive: Divine Caster, former main (2nd life: human lvl 24 FVS)--Makkuros - craftbot (human lvl 20 artificer)--

Community Member

Sure, we have not seen everything yet. but these are incredibly easy to get and BtA as a bonus. Though depending depending on the availability/price of augments, they might be not so cheap in the end.

Adding to the list of "you can get a random loot with equal or better stats and the same slots with lower ML":

From Cult of Six - Phantasmic Masque (Nullification 60 helm, Colorless slot, ML 9. Same as random gen), Poison Ring (Con +3, Yellow Slot, ML 9, you can find a Con +5 random loot at ML 9), Shrunken Head (Resistance +3, Yellow Slot, ML 9. You can find a Resistance +5 random loot at ML 9).

From Threnal - Asbestos Boots (Fire resist 30, Reflex -2, Yellow Slot, ML 9. You can find a plain resist 30 on other slots, without drawbacks), Domus' Cuirass (+5 Battle Breastplate, Blue Slot, ML 8. Same as lootgen), Glacial Casque (Glaciation 54, Green Slot, ML 9. While the green slot is not found on random loot, a ML 9 glaciation helm would be +60)
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Personally I find augments on anything below level 10 useless since you can't craft perfect items for those levels and you're bound to change items so often. On the other hand they'll be more useful after level 10 when you start using items for more levels. Like the Skiver.

Now it'll come with an augment slot, making it possible to keep boosting spell power such as radiance until you find something that can replace it.

Post Epic the augment system will be a lot of hit and miss - might be okay to slot ML 8 heavy fort, underwater breathing and feather falling, but you won't use it for stat boosts since you'll find regular stat boosts items at a lower ML (or can craft them) then you can slot them.

Is the Epic Voice of The Master coming in U17?
    No longer reading the Forums.

The hellfire cloak is one interesting standout to me. I'd have to get into the augment system a bit more, but it could be a good leveling cloak with the 2 slots if the slots are worth filling as you level up and until you get a better crafted or doubleslot cloak. Many of the others seem at best to be about as useful as they were before, mainly because of the min level increase. A single slot, especially colorless or yellow doesn't seem to add enough to justify a 2 level increase really.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by MnaSidhe View Post
    Is the Epic Voice of The Master coming in U17?
    Yes. It provides 10,000% boost to heroic XP - ML 20.

Quote Originally Posted by zobo View Post
    Yes. It provides 10,000% boost to heroic XP - ML 20.
    I was thinking 10% bonus. ML 25. Good for destiny farming only.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

My opinions?

Silverflame Hauberk: Much improved over the previous version. Better than random loot. Comes with two slots and a better devotion bonus to match its ML. Good job.

Skeleton Key: Worthless. Open Lock goes on a swap item. Random loot has a better bonus to boot. Put Disable Device +7 on it too and you might have something worthwhile simply as an inventory slot saver for those who know their trapping skills are already on par. As is, it can function as a sub-par Open Lock item and your feather fall or underwater action item too. I don't know what you are planning to do with skill augments in the future (as was hinted in Tolero's sneak peak), but if what you have done with augment slots right now is any indication, it will still allow this to be merely a convenience item at best. Only the clueless and new players who haven't actually found an Open Lock item will take this item (and even new players can probably find better stuff on this list).

Sigil of Stormreach: It comes with a pre-slotted green slot that allows you to bypass the ML restriction on a +2 Cha slot for 1 level. Still pretty unimpressive. I don't see a use for this item at all, not even a niche use. Hardly anyone cares about Diplomacy in this level range anyway. And if they do, it is only as a swappable item.

Black Lace Blindfold: The truth is, no one needs both Spot and Listen. And hardly anyone takes Listen unless they have skill points to burn and Spot is not a class skill (pretty much only Barbarians and them rarely). Listen is practically a worthless skill considering Spot is so much better. So having both on the same item isn't saving you anything. On any toon that I want to have a good Spot, I would rather have random Spot goggles than this. The empty slot isn't really giving it anything aside from letting you negate that Dex penalty if it bothers you.

Rusted Shirt: It's okay if this is your first toon ever and all you can use is light armor and you haven't figured out how to get +2 Con on a belt, ring, or amulet. But this really isn't much better than random chainmail that pops with a colorless slot. So overall, I think it a pretty pointless item.

Docent of the Tomb: I can see some warforged using this as leveling gear for a level or two.

Delara's Vestment: All sorcerers will want this, even as only leveling gear. Crafters can do slightly better Charisma (sans the armor bonus), but you have to have a fairly impressive crafting level to get something like that. The armor bonus is negligible since arcane casters really don't rely on armor to avoid hits, but not bad to throw in. Excellent piece.

Trapsmith's Toolkit: Please stop pretending like Repair is a skill anyone cares about. It hasn't been relevant in years (and even when it was relevant it wasn't THAT relevant). Unless you have a skill pass you are planning to come out with that somehow makes Repair add to your reconstruct spell power or something, this is a pretty worthless piece of equipment. It's only use is as a subpar convenience item which can slot feather fall or underwater action if you don't mind upping the ML to 8.

Wighthide Armor: Melee DPS druids, rare as they are, might like it.

Switchblade Boots: Bluff isn't that important at level 7, but at least it is better than a random loot item that spawned a slot.

Hellfire Cloak: This looks okay. But personally, I have little use for it, as does anyone who has access to an airship (resists are usually the first thing to pick up). Still, I can see some potential with the flexibility it has with the two slots.

Serpentbranch: This looks decent if you don't have a Silver Longbow. Note the 1.25 damage dice (still only translates to an extra 1.125 damage per hit, but noteworthy). Also decent if you are a bardcher or some similar archer build that could use the augment slow for spell power. 1.5 damage dice would make this a good item that could compete with the Silver Longbow.

Headman's Hood: The fear clickie is still pointless. Adding a green slot is decent, but if you are an Intimidate build you probably want to skip this for an optimum Intimidate item. Then again, having maximum Intimidate isn't that crucial at level 7, so this might be useful.

Sparkstriker: I have yet to see someone who even uses picks ever since they changed the helpless condition to not being an automatic critical. Still, the 1.25 damage dice and the fact that this is about as good a pick as anyone could imagine for its level makes it worth considering. Maybe there are TWF builds still using picks out there who will find this neat.

Obsidian Dagger: Good leveling gear for Palemasters. Otherwise, I don't see it as useful for anyone else. But at least it has a niche in a popular wizard style.

Devotion: They got rid of the completely superfluous Flametouched Iron Threaded, gave it a better enhancement bonus (+3 vs +1) and improved the devotion spell power. Good leveling gear for clonks.

Boneshard Flute: I can easily see bards using this frequently. The two slots gives it a lot of versatility. And since Command Undead is a no-save against certain undead the clickie is actually occasionally useful.

Wrath of Siberys: Great shield and much improved over its previous version. I can actually see trappers keeping this around for the morale bonus alone (those that either don't want to bother with keeping track of heroism pots or have not acquired a planar gird). Not that the morale bonus is as good as a heroism pot. But the +1 is better than nothing and isn't plat down the drain like pots are. It is also nice for tank builds to boost saves in a way that isn't resistance. The slot just gives it greater versatility. The blinding portion is still pretty pointless, although I assume that means this is also an everbright item (but I could be wrong). If so, it is probably immune to rust monster damage which is handy. This is a nice item.

Voice of the Master: Keep being awesome. No need for a change here and none was expected.