Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default What should be a set

OK not sure if this has been covered or not but the items below if you read the discriptions and look at the abilities are clearly a rogue set why not give it a set bonus if you use all three say for Sneak attack and ditch the true seeing on the compass and give it something else , I have no idea if anyone has really paid attention to the item description text but they all showed as though it should have been a set initialy but sets wern't out then this would be a good time to correct it on the lower level'd versions as well make so the level 13 gives +2 to Sneak Attack and the epic version +5

Giantcraft Siberys Compass - Trinket
    • ML25: Search +20, True Seeing, Empty Green Augment Slot(pre-slotted with resistance +7), Empty Yellow Augment Slot
    Gloves of Forgotten Craft - Gloves
    • ML24: Disable Device 20, Dexterity +8, Attack Bonus +4, Empty Green Augment Slot
    Empty Colorless Augment Slot
    • ML25: Disable Device 20, Dexterity +8, Attack Bonus +4, Empty Green Augment Slot
    , Empty Yellow Augment Slot
    Intricate Field Optics - Goggles
    • ML25: Spot +20, True Seeing, (one of: +8 or insightful +3 int or cha or wis), Empty Yellow Augment Slot, Empty Green Augment Slot

Kadagi
    3rd Life Rogue Khyber

Default Gianthold Tor - Hammer of the leaden clouds

The hammer of the leaden clouds looks good by design, but due to the lack of sonic spells those sonic spell effects are almost negligible. And from a melee damage point of few it's more likely a +7 wailing warhammer of stunning+10 with an additional half damage dice, which is not very impressive for an epic elite named item. Adding a red (or purple/orange) slot would make the item more customizable towards either casting or melee and boosting it enough for being an epic elite version. Otherwise adding a sonic based proc (cacophony or a 15d6 area sonic damage with save like electric storm) would fit in well too.
    Sarlona
    Belduros // Hazord // Cany // Tyor // Deyra // Yannec // Rawnah // Teyrah // Jaheyra

Quote Originally Posted by Belduroz View Post
    The hammer of the leaden clouds looks good by design, but due to the lack of sonic spells those sonic spell effects are almost negligible. And from a melee damage point of few it's more likely a +7 wailing warhammer of stunning+10 with an additional half damage dice, which is not very impressive for an epic elite named item. Adding a red (or purple/orange) slot would make the item more customizable towards either casting or melee and boosting it enough for being an epic elite version. Otherwise adding a sonic based proc (cacophony or a 15d6 area sonic damage with save like electric storm) would fit in well too.
    Cloudburst would fit well too.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Default Adamantine Knuckles in A Cabal for One

Except for ML, Hardness, and Durability, why are the EH and EE ones EXACTLY the same?

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Except for ML, Hardness, and Durability, why are the EH and EE ones EXACTLY the same?

Hidden die step increase?
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Glenalth View Post
    Unfortunately, one of the few remaining issues with handwraps that hasn't yet been ironed out is to get them to show their bonus damage dice (if any) in their tooltip.

While we would have liked to have been able to make this happen for Update 17, it regrettably was costed as below other priorities for our engineering team to work on.

It's in a queue of tasks to be implemented in future updates.

For the time being, handwraps are unable to show their additional damage dice. You'll need to equip the handwrap to see the amount by which your unarmed damage dice change.

And yes: The damage dice of those handwraps is based on the difficulty of the quest it was found in.

Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Unfortunately, one of the few remaining issues with handwraps that hasn't yet been ironed out is to get them to show their bonus damage dice (if any) in their tooltip.

While we would have liked to have been able to make this happen for Update 17, it regrettably was costed as below other priorities for our engineering team to work on.

For the time being, handwraps are unable to show their additional damage dice. You'll need to equip the handwrap to see the amount by which your unarmed damage dice change.

And yes: The damage dice of those handwraps is based on the difficulty of the quest it was found in.
    TY for the confirmation.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

It seems like you could work around it by just adding a named weapon effect that does absolutely nothing, but just says that it has increased dice. It might be annoying to have to clean up later, but at least people would know what things are supposed to do before equipping BoE items.
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Community Member bradleyforrest's Avatar

It seems like you could work around it by just adding a named weapon effect that does absolutely nothing, but just says that it has increased dice. It might be annoying to have to clean up later, but at least people would know what things are supposed to do before equipping BoE items.
    I was about to post that exact same thing. Seems like a perfectly reasonable workaround to me.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ormsbygore View Post
    <snip>

Just for a comparison:
    VoN Red Armor - (ML: 20) +8, 6 different effects, 2 slots
    Cormyrian Red/Green Armors - (ML: 23) +9, 6 different effects, no slots
    GH Black/Blue/White Armors - (ML: 25) +7, 4 different effects, 1 set bonus effect(requires second item), 1 slot

That comparison right there just doesn't add up...
    If nothing else, give them another +1 and another effect, to be on par with the existing epic dragonscale armors.
    I was thinking that the Epic Black Dragonscale Armor was fine, but the other two needed a boost. However now that I see the comparison with the other armors, I have to agree with you that all three armors need a boost. Like the Ebberon Red Dragonscale Armor, I think each of these armors should have the appropriate elemental damage that Eternal Fire gives. This would be a minor boost to each of the armors, but gives a difference to the Epic Ebberon Armors vs the Cormyrian Armors (which get the 20% Absorption) for possible future Dragonscale Armors.

Is it just me, or does a lot of the Epic GH loot look rather underwhelming?
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

A workaround would be to mention it in the flavor text - this has already been done for Epic Midnight Greetings, for example.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    Got to factor in those augment slots.

Lots of it looks bad until you think 'oh wait, that one is Devotion 114, and that one is Greater Enchantment Focus, and that one is +2 Insightful Con'.

Some is bad (Allegance) but a lot is much better.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Have you considered changing them to +3/+4/+5/+6/+7/+8 (n/h/e/EN/EH/EE) and keeping the dice constant? Will be easier for players to understand.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member

No actually, they are pretty good.

As sirgog said, you have to count Augments slots, they make things sooo much more interesting.

Of course there are items that need A LOT of improvement like the Greatsword from the raid or the epic blue scale but in the end I think this loot is better than MotU one.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Got to factor in those augment slots.

Lots of it looks bad until you think 'oh wait, that one is Devotion 114, and that one is Greater Enchantment Focus, and that one is +2 Insightful Con'.

Some is bad (Allegance) but a lot is much better.
    Allegiance was the real stand-out as being pretty bad when I was running down the list, but others seemed underwhelming, too. I like the idea of some of the better augment slot options, but I also would like to see more loot with, you know, unique effects and abilities.

Heck, with the way augments are changing, the devs should have a little more leeway in including some secondary effects on things that don't directly increase power, but provide versatility, more options, or just nifty effects. We've seen a lot of loot in the past year that is just +X stat, +Y stat (stacking), +Z stat (stacking), Common Effect.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Allegiance was the real stand-out as being pretty bad when I was running down the list, but others seemed underwhelming, too. I like the idea of some of the better augment slot options, but I also would like to see more loot with, you know, unique effects and abilities.
    Allegiance looks unimpressive, but as far as I can tell, it deals damage which is comparable to Balizarde, but only to Elves and with IC:Slash.

How OP would Allegiance be if it had something between Greater Elf Bane (+4 enh and 3d6) and Epic Elf Bane (+8 enh and 6d6), or the latter, actually?
    Last edited by karl_k0ch; 01-19-2013 at 08:00 AM.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Yeah I think it is underwhleming as well. There are some nice gear consolidation options and a few good items. Nothing really awesome though. It kind of reminds me of the epic desert gear without the epic spell storing ring.

Edit: In particular the weapons I think are weak.

they should improve the khopesh because it does too low dps.
    the hammer of the leaden clouds should grant at least warhammer proficiency so a bard/wizard/sorc can use it.
    The Great Axe should do more damage.
    The Bulwark should have some better dr or some feature on it that is great other then it does have +15 sheltering but you can slot in +14 sheltering so not thinking that is very good.
    I am not sure about the skyvault shield exactly might have some use.
    Last edited by maddmatt70; 01-19-2013 at 08:44 AM.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

The drop rate of named items from quests is abysmal. From data I've collected (thank you all that have contributed), it's about 10% to see a named item in the end-chest. Since each end-chest has 2-3 items, it's a 3-5% chance for a specific item to be in your name. Madstone Crater appears to be the exception and has a higher drop rate (double? Not enough data yet).

Named items from the room chests in PoP (like Dream Visor) will be near impossible to acquire due to the compounded randomness of where chests appear.
    Kobeyashi | Hamada | Ying

Community Member

Default Quivers

Regarding the quivers and slots. Honestly I would like to see these with Red, orange, or purple augment slots that only "activate" while holding a bow. If you look at it Bow users are the only weapon users that can not get 2 red slots due to current game mechanics.

For example
    Most 2handed weapons come with 2 slots.
    twf is pretty easy to figure out
    Artificer xbow users get thier rune arms
    Sword and board shields have them

::shrugs:: seems to make sense but I am not to sure about the coding of such things and before I get flamed for it honestly are xbow users known for thier quivers? No I don't think so LOL

Yes I saw the new bow but honestly I see no reason to ever even look for that bow as the shroud bows beat it and the alchemical bows beat shroud ect

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast