Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

It's additive, and it should be. I know it's confusing that some +% bonuses stack multiplicatively but here's the difference.

Values that are given as a %, and have a d100 rolled against, stack additively. Dodge and fortification come to mind immediately. Values that are given as a %, and are multiplied by a base value to give a result, stack multiplicatively. Healing amp works this way, and "spell damage +%" used to work this way. Now it's no longer a %, it's just "Spell power", and it's additive, for balance purposes.

Now the only question is if Armor-Piercing equipment values should stack like dodge or only the highest value should take effect.

Default Hm

Quote Originally Posted by Nibor View Post
    It's additive, and it should be. I know it's confusing that some +% bonuses stack multiplicatively but here's the difference.

Values that are given as a %, and have a d100 rolled against, stack additively. Dodge and fortification come to mind immediately. Values that are given as a %, and are multiplied by a base value to give a result, stack multiplicatively. Healing amp works this way, and "spell damage +%" used to work this way. Now it's no longer a %, it's just "Spell power", and it's additive, for balance purposes.

Now the only question is if Armor-Piercing equipment values should stack like dodge or only the highest value should take effect.
    I think I understand what you're saying but for the case of fortification, since the value can be greater than 100, what's an example of you rolling against a monster with say, 160% fort?
    Character Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by Nibor View Post

Well spoken and well explained, +1.

To further add to the confusion, some abilities will stack if equipped on both a weapon and a gear slot. Deception works this way as well as conc opp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are not working with the aliens to send messages that are picked up by your microwaved meatloaf dinner. At least I don't think so...
    Proud member of Tyrs Paladium

Default Deception stacking?

Quote Originally Posted by bhgiant View Post
    Well spoken and well explained, +1.

To further add to the confusion, some abilities will stack if equipped on both a weapon and a gear slot. Deception works this way as well as conc opp.
    Will improved and regular deception on weapon and non-weapon stack? Or does it matter?

Edit: DDOwiki states that it doesn't matter. Interesting
    Last edited by SealedInSong; 01-25-2013 at 04:26 AM.
    Character Compendium

Feather, could you put Improved Decpetion back on the Ring?
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Quote Originally Posted by SealedInSong View Post
    I think I understand what you're saying but for the case of fortification, since the value can be greater than 100, what's an example of you rolling against a monster with say, 160% fort?
    I would say it works somewhat like:

If 1d100 + fortification bypass greater than target's fortification then roll the crit/sneak attack.

So, while it says %, maybe it should simply not be displayed as a percentage...
    R.I.P. Devourer - 20-Aug-2010 11:00 GMT(+1 DST)
    (World Broadcast): World broadcast: 'Farewell to all our loyal players and thank you for your time in Eberron. We wish you all the best for your future adventures. Please log out now as the servers are now going down. Many thanks, Codemasters Online.'

Quote Originally Posted by Lifespawn View Post
    we used to have this thing where they told us about upcoming things before they happened and kept us from guessing at everything hmmm man i miss that
    Yeah...it was like some Developers who would tell us about their Activities on a Weekly basis or something. That DOES ring a bell.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Yeah...it was like some Developers who would tell us about their Activities on a Weekly basis or something. That DOES ring a bell.
    i think everyone loved it and we even had a snazzy acronym for it or something

it really helped get our thoughts on things before too much work was put into something that was very sub par like ML is supposed to.

Btw how did this stuff come out of ML without the people that are supposedly there saying what is this junk?
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Sony... and yes um... SONY... urk...tough to say that company's name after so much previous bad blood. Sony just added a by month, 6-month roadmap calendar to their MMO Planetside 2. Each feature set is broken down and has threaded comments as well as YES/NO votes.

***. Who knew an MMO could have a 6 month roadmap.

Wouldn't mind a similar model for Turbine games. Or at least a 2 or 3 module out DDO roadmap.

Also, I do miss the weekly dev activities post from the first few (years) of this game. Though I don't miss the mostly constant schedule slips they used to have on those releases. Though the multi-year slip of completed PRE's/enhancement redo is annoying.

And while this rambling seems off topic, I'd like to note that... ladies and gentlemen of this supposed forum, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Skybreaker. Skybreaker is a Greatsword from the planet Kashyyyk. But Skybreaker lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

Community Member

Halcyon Boots - First of all I cried when I saw these.

Here is an idea that might fit with the flavor/lore of these boots...
    In the description of the Halcyon Boots, it says something to the effect that something has been added to them to suppress the Madstone Effect. That's fine, but...

Now add a different set of boots to the tables that hasn't had the orbs or whatever added, and preserves the Madstone Effect. Remove the Halcyon Mind and replace it with Madstone Dementia, or some such. Or even just keep the original Madstone Rage the same, and give it a 3/day clickie instead of 1/day.
    Khyber Server -- New Aundair

Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    Feather, could you put Improved Decpetion back on the Ring?
    That would be great!
    The Nak Abides - Ascent - Argonnessen
    Tanak Arcarius (TR) ~ Xanak the Irregular (TR) ~ Sanak the Streak (TR)
    Ganak Goblinjuicer (TR) ~ Panak (TR) ~ Wanak Ryuha (TR) ~ Vanak Ahriman (TR)
    Manak Bloodscreamer (TR) ~ Qanak the Absolute (TR) ~ Kanak (TR) ~ Fanak Voltaic(TR)

I've glanced at the new epic raid items for the storm reaver and I must say that while some are very nice for most of them I can't see what's so epic about them. This said while keeping the original raid items in mind and comparing these new epic raid items to other epic raid items.

So let's pick two items up and look at what the cons and pros are, I'm doing this as up until now I've only glanced at the items and did not do a full comparison.

Tenderizer:
    1.0[1d10) 19-20x2, Bludgeoning, Adamantine, Impact, +5 Enhancement Bonus,
    Stunning +10, Bleed, Maladroit, U: (Spikes, Bone Breaking).

Braisingstar:
    2.50[2d6] 19-20x2, Bludgeoning and Piercing, +7 Enhancement Bonus,
    Blazing, Stunning +10, Superior Ribcracker, Red Augment Slot, U1: (+8 Enhancement Bonus), U2: (Conflagrating).

What looks better for the Tenderizer?
    - Stat damage
    - Untyped + piercing damage (8*19/20=7.6 DPSwing)

What looks better for the Braisingstar?
    - Both the dice and the weapon, 2.50[2d6]
    - Basic crit range of 19-20? (Not sure about this one)
    - No upgrade needed for Piercing damage
    - Higher Enhancement bonus
    - Untyped crit damage (45.5*2/20=4.55 DPSwing)
    - Fire damage added

Conclusion:
    Either the name of Braisingstar is wrong (Eg: BraisingSUN) or it should have Force damage added, I'd say keep the name remove the fire type damages and replace them with the force typed damages (like Arcane Detonation) as it would be more in line with it's theme.
    Superior Ribcracker looks cool but it is not that good on this weapon, Mangling is in place here.
    The Braisingstar is a better weapon then it's little brother Tenderizer in a raw damage type of way.
    I'm missing something like Devastation on the Braisingstar to do some stat damage as well.
    Last edited by LightBear; 01-29-2013 at 03:26 AM.

Baseline - the items are bad.. (hopefully the content is not rehashed with more hp and saves.)

Redesign the items and everyone will be happier..

The mob has spoken..

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    ladies and gentlemen of this supposed forum, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Skybreaker. Skybreaker is a Greatsword from the planet Kashyyyk. But Skybreaker lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!
    LOL. Chewbacca defence FTW.

Compared Cloudburst to Skybreaker (the weapons not the effects) and it looks like Skybreaker does 7 more damage per swing if you look at the effects. Not that much for 10 levels difference, the good thing is that's a more evened out damage. So on the Skybreaker you'll have the feeling that you actually are doing some damage every swing and with the Cloudburst you'll get that divine intervention thingy going every now and then.

Again the Skybreaker is better in a raw damage type of way.

Community Member

hoenstly i dont now how ddo is still around, they want to make money but give no incentive of buying it, this loot is ****!

Community Member

Default Sorry to call you out Shade, but ummm...

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Yea it's like they simply don't care anymore. Constantly releasing complete garbage taht doesn't compete with weapons they released 2-3+ years ago. And they probably wonder why there is so little interest in the new epic raid, bleh.

Just utterly baffling and incredibly poor design that the best two handed weapon for the latest epic raid boss is a freaking ml8/12 triple pos all these years later still. Even a slash version since they somehow forgot to give a freakin epic skeleton dragon any DR/Blunt.

The greatsword they made doesn't even come close to epic antique/esos/ml8 triple pos or even the garbage they put into the lolthraid. It's just unacceptable bad on all counts.

Tried of trying to help with such horrible loot desing tho, so at this point I think i'm just gonna give up on this game ever improving past this broken design.
    Since when is 14d6 +2d3 on crit with extra damage less then 15d6 on crit with no extra damage? yeah and the fact that it drops fully assembled and there is no grinding for scrolls, shards, and seals seems pretty nice. poor man's eSoS? what's that you say? it's also silver? awesome!
    Last edited by Grayda; 03-06-2013 at 02:06 PM.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112