Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Oh also Melicat got the top-tier Gauntlets of Immortality on our EE run. Devotion 120, Superior Healing Lore, yellow slot, colorless slot, some regen effect that was better than Greater Regeneration but still sucked and something else I don't remember (+turning maybe?)
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

The system of dropping fully upgraded loot on elite and partly upgraded loot on hard is a very good decision. I also like the comm drop rate. I figured out that to upgrade the CITW weapons I already have on ONE character on the live server, I need another 74 comms and now there is another tier. I was dreading the need for comms to upgrade Gianthold weapons as well. Perhaps change the drop rate on comms in CITW to match? Pretty please? :P
    Tenfour-Dominican-Bashdem-Spielbergo of Orien

Community Member

Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed that the Dreampiercer doesn't have either an expanded crit range or a higher crit multipler. Personally, I would go with an expanded crit range so that its Life Stealing is on par with the Sacrificial Dagger, but not as good as the Nightmare.

Also disappointed that it's another quarterstaff strictly for STR and not DEX. This disappointment will probably fade quickly when (if) the Enhancement changes come for Acrobats. Until then, its just another quarterstaff for STR Acrobats builds while Dex Acrobats builds get a total of 3 or 4(?) quarterstaves.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Note that items drop as 'Attuned to Heroism' on EN, 'Attuned to Heroism: Tier 1' on EH and 'Attuned to Heroism: Tier 2' on EE. (If you get one of the lower tier base items you can upgrade it via comms in Gianthold).
    Yea basically you save comms/relics on higher difficulties.
    Last edited by Rogann; 01-18-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Note that items drop as 'Attuned to Heroism' on EN, 'Attuned to Heroism: Tier 1' on EH and 'Attuned to Heroism: Tier 2' on EE. (If you get one of the lower tier base items you can upgrade it via comms in Gianthold).
    ah thanks for the clarification. i didn't notice that.

EDIT: oh and regarding your comment about the gauntlets, here they are:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by Ginarrbrik; 01-18-2013 at 09:23 PM.
    ~ *Nikibrik* - The Prime Healer (All EDs Capped) | Brogburt - The Warlord (All EDs Capped) | Kallistie - The Arch Necromancer | Capricio - The Lore-keeper | Thorbim - The Outlaw ~
    Thelanis ~ <The True Path>

Would be interested to know how the regen effect on those gloves interacts with other regen effects, such as Wholeness of Body, the Druid Vigor spells, Improved/Greater Regeneration, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibor View Post
    Would be interested to know how the regen effect on those gloves interacts with other regen effects, such as Wholeness of Body, the Druid Vigor spells, Improved/Greater Regeneration, etc.
    my guess would be that they stack. don't know why not. but i could be wrong. it's a minor detail though.
    ~ *Nikibrik* - The Prime Healer (All EDs Capped) | Brogburt - The Warlord (All EDs Capped) | Kallistie - The Arch Necromancer | Capricio - The Lore-keeper | Thorbim - The Outlaw ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ginarrbrik View Post
    my guess would be that they stack. don't know why not. but i could be wrong. it's a minor detail though.
    Agreed, it's so little HP that you will never notice it except if incapped.

Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar

Agreed, it's so little HP that you will never notice it except if incapped.
    I accually think they will not stack. My druid has a regeneration item and it doesn't stack with vigor and i think this will be overridden by lesser vigor and overide any greater regeneration item.
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

Quote Originally Posted by Book_O_Dragons View Post
    I accually think they will not stack. My druid has a regeneration item and it doesn't stack with vigor and i think this will be overridden by lesser vigor and overide any greater regeneration item.
    It's because devs love to copy/paste effects. I also would bet they copy/pasted regeneration yet again and it won't stack.

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    It's because devs love to copy/paste effects. I also would bet they copy/pasted regeneration yet again and it won't stack.
    Except its 2-4 every 15 seconds. To my knowledge, no other item has that. Regeneration is 1 hp every minute. We'll just have to wait and see I guess because like I said, it's such a minor detail it's not even worth worrying about. I'm just so glad there's finally a good dedicated healer item to raid for.
    Last edited by Ginarrbrik; 01-19-2013 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jitty View Post
    This looks good. Can I suggest that rather than greater spell pen IX as an upgrade, it become arcane augmentation? This would make it pair up nicely with the blue dragon scale armor that has greater spell pen IX on it already. This would make the blue scale, the blue helm, and the tablecloth a great combo.
    Can I suggest No! I am salivating for that on my melee caster divine so I dont have to be shoehorned into that armour. And why suggest arcane aug rather than spell aug? Not every divine is heal focussed only.
    Terebinthia, Terebynthia, Tereana, Tereaina, Tereanna, Terebyte, Terechan, Terebinthis
    The Hand of the Black Tower, Khyber.
    Cupcakes welcomed.

has anyone gotten ee madstones boots? im really anticipating thos
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Damn you forum folk...damn you all!!

I guess whoever is designing our THF weapons still hasn't learned what a critical multipliers and threat range are and their importance to DPS.

Please, run your weapons through barrage to make sure they're at least kinda competitive for your run of the mill THFer...
    Nerdrage/Endgame ~ Sarlona
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkForte View Post
    I guess whoever is designing our THF weapons still hasn't learned what a critical multipliers and threat range are and their importance to DPS.

Please, run your weapons through barrage to make sure they're at least kinda competitive for your run of the mill THFer...
    Yea it's like they simply don't care anymore. Constantly releasing complete garbage taht doesn't compete with weapons they released 2-3+ years ago. And they probably wonder why there is so little interest in the new epic raid, bleh.

Just utterly baffling and incredibly poor design that the best two handed weapon for the latest epic raid boss is a freaking ml8/12 triple pos all these years later still. Even a slash version since they somehow forgot to give a freakin epic skeleton dragon any DR/Blunt.

The greatsword they made doesn't even come close to epic antique/esos/ml8 triple pos or even the garbage they put into the lolthraid. It's just unacceptable bad on all counts.

Tried of trying to help with such horrible loot desing tho, so at this point I think i'm just gonna give up on this game ever improving past this broken design.

So far only that necklace good for my barb.
    I just hope boots dont disappoint.

Community Member

I love the fact that there aren't only weapons, like CitW. It appeals to more people and make them run this raid.

Item by item power level thoughts:

Firstly, can we PLEASE change the description of 'Attuned to Heroism' to either state that the EN version is Tier 0, or that the EN is Tier 1, EH is Tier 2 and EE is Tier 3? The current system of 'Attuned, Attuned Tier 1, Attuned Tier 2' will confuse people and has already confused many on the forums and in-game.

Ring of Deceit:

Undeniable best-in-slot for hagglebots

But on a serious note, best in slot for anyone that cares about actively using the aggrodump skills (Bluff, Diplo) or for a swapin item to use for Fascinate. If you get the EE version (or level it up with heroic commendations), slots make it better still as it becomes your +2 Insightful Cha item and your +1 Exceptional Cha item as well.

Verdict - Solid niche item that only one toon in twenty will want, but that one toon will love it.

Brasingstar:

Doesn't do enough damage, and doesn't have enough unique utility to make it a worthwhile item otherwise.
    Even assuming the uncommon feat choice of Imp Crit: Blugeoning and the EE version, this weapon is far behind the DPS output of the Epic Elite Swailing Blade, which has a superior crit profile and isn't used except by hybrid characters that benefit from both its melee stats and its spell damage amplification effects.

Verdict: Weak, borderline useless, especially in a world where Stunning 10 is available on non-weapons.

Suggestion: Add Greater Incineration (5% on-hit proc, 200+8d20) to all versions.

Madstone Aegis:

The shield-bashing oriented tower shield.
    The 'Shield Bashing 20%' mutation is believed by players to have no effect as (to the best of our testing) the occurrence of a shield bash is limited by the once-per-five-seconds rule. This undermines some of the item's power.
    Secondly, (flavour wise) this was supposedly used to block a dragon's attacks - it doesn't offer any defense against the most fearsome attacks of the dragons in this raid.
    Finally it's missing PRR, but as that is a blue slot option I don't see this as a problem, unless you decide the 14 PRR augment is too strong to let onto the live servers. If you make that call (and I think there's good cause to do so), then this shield should have a PRR bonus, maybe instead of the blue slot.

Verdict: A bit lacking.

Suggestion: Add Primal (10 Insightful resist all and 10% elemental absorb all) to all versions.

Rebellion:

Firstly a flavor point. 'Rebellion' implies open dissent, not the secretive dissent you'd expect to see in a Chaotic Good rogue (the most likely alignment to stir dissension). 'Treason' was a good name for a Rogue weapon as it implies subtlety - Rebellion does not, IMHO.
    On the item, I'm not well placed to judge this item as I have no rogue type characters and so don't really know the importance of Improved Deception. My gut feeling is that it is quite lackluster in damage and might even need Phlebotomizing to bring it up to the ballpark of Balizarde or Agony, but this is not an expert opinion.

Verdict: Hard to say.

Suggestion: Run a test - give a rogue invincibility on your internal test servers and time how long it takes them to kill the Heroic Elite Stormreaver (176k HP, 75-80% Fortification) with dualwielded Rebellions, and run the test again with mainhand Balizarde and offhand Agony, all weapons tier 3.
    If, as I suspect, Rebellion is quite a bit behind, give it Phlebotomizing on all tiers. If I'm wrong, laugh at me and mail my ingame characters festival twigs.
    Also reconsider the name if you want it to feel rogue-like.
    Edit: Tid12 suggested a +Assassinate DC mutation like Epic Midnight's Greetings which I could get right behind. This would suit a name like 'Discord'.

Pendant of the Stormreaver:

Fantastic balance of offense and defense on one item. Reminds me of the Cormyrian Redscale armor in this sense. Arguably one of the most powerful items in the raid for any character that specializes in melee and expects to be swung at and hit with electricity damage.

Verdict: Good item a lot of people will seek out. Best on a tanky melee but good on a DPS melee too.

Skybreaker:

Note to Feather: High base damage does NOT make up for poor critical profiles.
    Even against mobs with no resistance to electricity this is generally worse than a Lit 2 falchion, much less a good high level lootgen item or Drow weapon (unless the 'The Reaver's Resolve' mutation has a hidden effect). Note that the Skybreaker mutation is not as powerful as you seem to think - it's only a little more damage than 'Obscenity' is without the level drain.

Verdict: About as useful as a dead cat nailed to your wall.

Suggestion: Either expand the critical profile, or add even more gobs of elemental damage. Thematically I'd rather the latter on this weapon - an 'Epic Lightning Strike' mutation that is like the normal Lightning Strike but has a 4% proc rate instead of 1.5% would make this weapon useful on low-Str characters that dabble in melee. Even more than that would be needed to make this appeal to THF toons that specialize in melee like barbarians, it's that weak at present.

Dreampiercer:

This, on the other hand, is a very solid weapon in the (rare) hands of a character that can use all of its pieces. Clonks that ever cast Greater Command will love this, and it will be situationally useful for some other melee toons against Demons, Devils and even some orange nameds (for the level drain).

Verdict: Situationally powerful.

Gauntlets of Immortality:

Very strong in spite of the regeneration effect being super-weak and the turning effect being worthless above EH. Any effect that doesn't provide at least 20hp per 6 seconds is flavor only, but the item will still be hotly sought after without any changes.

Verdict: Probably best-in-slot for every divine that doesn't melee enough to justify 30% healing amp gloves (i.e. most of them).

Stormreaver's Tablecloth:

Probably weaker all-around than the Adamantine Cloak of the Dragon, but a bit more versatile so a solid enough item.

Verdict: A bit better than meh.

Overall:

Basically all the non-weapon items are good, many of the weapons are lacking, and once more, a high base damage on its own does not make a poor crit profile weapon worth using (let alone good).
    Last edited by sirgog; 01-19-2013 at 08:11 AM.

Community Member

I have one big disappointment:

There is not really a Rogue's Weapon (Rebellion is weak at the moment) and yet again there is no other item with Assassinate +DC.

Every other tactic (I know Assassinate isn't but let me put it in that category at the moment) can go up to +10 on NON-WEAPONS (<- Important part) while rogues are FORCED to use the same EMG from Update 9 (?) with just a +2 DC. Not even a +3 or +4.

Give that Rebellion a +3 Assassinate DC. This will make it much more appealing. Or, if you don't want to put it on the Rebellion, put the +3 DC on a Named Blue Augment in this Raid/BackStabber's Gloves and give another d8/Expanded crit range of damage to the Rebellion. Sneak Attack +5 is mostly useless to everyone, since most of us have them on another item.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkForte View Post

I have to agree and expand upon it even more with a single item. I think I'll go step by step with the Epic Dreamspitter/Dreampiercer from what I can see from the ML 24 version. Just want to point out that I look at all melee quarterstaves as if they are designed with an Acrobat in mind.

* Base Damage Rating: 21.53 (Quarterstaves have always been weaker DPS-wise than other items, so I guess I shouldn't be expecting much more than this)

* Damage: 2.50[1d10] + 7 Pierce, Bludgeon, Good, Magic and Crystal (1d10 is much better than the average quarterstaff, which is usually just a 1d6)

* Critical Roll: 20/X2 (This is where I first really start having problems with the weapon. Since quarterstaves are the weakest THF base damage weapon along with the worst possible crit threat range and multiplier, the current end game staves should have at least two of those things expanded, if not all three. The base damage is higher as stated, so that's good. So that means the threat range should be increased some or the multiplier should be increase. Either 19-20/X2 or 20/X3 would seem acceptable for an end game raid quarterstaff.)

* Attack/Damage Mod: STR (Dex Acrobats are stuck with 3 or 4 staves in the game, until the Enhancements are released. Ugh.)

* Greater Good (Okay, so 2 to 12 Greater Good damage to non-good mobs, which replaced 2 to 12 Holy damage to evil mobs and 1d6 Force Damage and 1d10 Force Burst Damage on all mobs. So the Dreampiercer actually lost sources of damage against all mobs if you have an Unsurpressed Dreamspitter. From what I read Supreme Good is part of the upgraded version. Still 3 to 18 Supreme Good damage doesn't make up for the lose of the Force Burst Damage of an Unsurpressed Dreamspitter. Force Burst needs to be added back onto the staff.)

* Greater Outsider Bane (No change at all compared to the ML 14 version. No Epic Bane? No Evil Outsider Slayer? Seriously, Epic Bane and Slayer effects should be added to end game gear by now. So far it's only available for the Ancient Vulkoorim Dagger.)

* Life Stealing (No change compared to the ML 14 version. This is why the Threat Range needs to be increased. With the Threat Range increased to 19-20, it will be on par with the easy to get one-handed ML 21 Sacrificial Dagger.)

* Major Enchantment Focus (This adds +1 DC compared to the ML 14 version. Since I'm looking at the item from a melee POV, this means nothing to me, but does show an inprovement over heroic version.)

* Empty Red Slot (Slots are always nice since players can customize the item a bit to their need.)

So my conclusion is that this item is actually subpar to what it should be, as a ML 24 raid quarterstaff. As stated above, the Threat Range should really be increased. The Life Stealing is what made the heroic version unique, but now that it's available on multiple items, extending the threat range seems appropriate. Let's look at it compared to the one-handed ML 23 Nightmare. The Nightmare does alot more outright damage and the Life Stealing can go off 4 times as often (or 8 times as often if dual wielding Nightmares since it isn't exclusive).

Additionally, the Force Burst should be added back onto the staff. I'd even argue that Force Blast might be appropriate if neither the Threat Range nor the Crit Multiplier are increased.

The Greater Outsider Bane should be replaced with Epic Bane. Or add Evil Outsider Slayer to the staff. At a minimum, give it Extra Damage vs Evil Outsiders, like the Epic Ancient Vulkoorim Dagger has for Giants.

Finally, the item is missing the uniqueness that the original one had. Since the item was used against the Quori, I have two suggestions. First maybe some kind of Defense against the Quori, like a Demonic +5 Will Save. Second, maybe on Critical hits, the staff can stun mobs with a Will Save roll instead of a Fort Save. This would be thematically appropriate since the staff was used to strike "down the spirit, rather than the flesh."

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast