Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Default Epic Gianthold - Raid Loot

This thread is for discussing the Loot from the Epic Gianthold Raid: The Fall of Truth

Fully upgraded (Heroic) Tenderizer vs Braisingstar (Epic Tenderizer)

Attuned Teir 1 Aegis:

Attuned Teir 2 Pendant:

Last edited by Rogann; 01-18-2013 at 07:28 PM.

Item by item power level thoughts:

Firstly, can we PLEASE change the description of 'Attuned to Heroism' to either state that the EN version is Tier 0, or that the EN is Tier 1, EH is Tier 2 and EE is Tier 3? The current system of 'Attuned, Attuned Tier 1, Attuned Tier 2' will confuse people and has already confused many on the forums and in-game.

Ring of Deceit:

Undeniable best-in-slot for hagglebots

But on a serious note, best in slot for anyone that cares about actively using the aggrodump skills (Bluff, Diplo) or for a swapin item to use for Fascinate. If you get the EE version (or level it up with heroic commendations), slots make it better still as it becomes your +2 Insightful Cha item and your +1 Exceptional Cha item as well.

Verdict - Solid niche item that only one toon in twenty will want, but that one toon will love it.

Brasingstar:

Doesn't do enough damage, and doesn't have enough unique utility to make it a worthwhile item otherwise.
    Even assuming the uncommon feat choice of Imp Crit: Blugeoning and the EE version, this weapon is far behind the DPS output of the Epic Elite Swailing Blade, which has a superior crit profile and isn't used except by hybrid characters that benefit from both its melee stats and its spell damage amplification effects.

Verdict: Weak, borderline useless, especially in a world where Stunning 10 is available on non-weapons.

Suggestion: Add Greater Incineration (5% on-hit proc, 200+8d20) to all versions.

Madstone Aegis:

The shield-bashing oriented tower shield.
    The 'Shield Bashing 20%' mutation is believed by players to have no effect as (to the best of our testing) the occurrence of a shield bash is limited by the once-per-five-seconds rule. This undermines some of the item's power.
    Secondly, (flavour wise) this was supposedly used to block a dragon's attacks - it doesn't offer any defense against the most fearsome attacks of the dragons in this raid.
    Finally it's missing PRR, but as that is a blue slot option I don't see this as a problem, unless you decide the 14 PRR augment is too strong to let onto the live servers. If you make that call (and I think there's good cause to do so), then this shield should have a PRR bonus, maybe instead of the blue slot.

Verdict: A bit lacking.

Suggestion: Add Primal (10 Insightful resist all and 10% elemental absorb all) to all versions.

Rebellion:

Firstly a flavor point. 'Rebellion' implies open dissent, not the secretive dissent you'd expect to see in a Chaotic Good rogue (the most likely alignment to stir dissension). 'Treason' was a good name for a Rogue weapon as it implies subtlety - Rebellion does not, IMHO.
    On the item, I'm not well placed to judge this item as I have no rogue type characters and so don't really know the importance of Improved Deception. My gut feeling is that it is quite lackluster in damage and might even need Phlebotomizing to bring it up to the ballpark of Balizarde or Agony, but this is not an expert opinion.

Verdict: Hard to say.

Suggestion: Run a test - give a rogue invincibility on your internal test servers and time how long it takes them to kill the Heroic Elite Stormreaver (176k HP, 75-80% Fortification) with dualwielded Rebellions, and run the test again with mainhand Balizarde and offhand Agony, all weapons tier 3.
    If, as I suspect, Rebellion is quite a bit behind, give it Phlebotomizing on all tiers. If I'm wrong, laugh at me and mail my ingame characters festival twigs.
    Also reconsider the name if you want it to feel rogue-like.
    Edit: Tid12 suggested a +Assassinate DC mutation like Epic Midnight's Greetings which I could get right behind. This would suit a name like 'Discord'.

Pendant of the Stormreaver:

Fantastic balance of offense and defense on one item. Reminds me of the Cormyrian Redscale armor in this sense. Arguably one of the most powerful items in the raid for any character that specializes in melee and expects to be swung at and hit with electricity damage.

Verdict: Good item a lot of people will seek out. Best on a tanky melee but good on a DPS melee too.

Skybreaker:

Note to Feather: High base damage does NOT make up for poor critical profiles.
    Even against mobs with no resistance to electricity this is generally worse than a Lit 2 falchion, much less a good high level lootgen item or Drow weapon (unless the 'The Reaver's Resolve' mutation has a hidden effect). Note that the Skybreaker mutation is not as powerful as you seem to think - it's only a little more damage than 'Obscenity' is without the level drain.

Verdict: About as useful as a dead cat nailed to your wall.

Suggestion: Either expand the critical profile, or add even more gobs of elemental damage. Thematically I'd rather the latter on this weapon - an 'Epic Lightning Strike' mutation that is like the normal Lightning Strike but has a 4% proc rate instead of 1.5% would make this weapon useful on low-Str characters that dabble in melee. Even more than that would be needed to make this appeal to THF toons that specialize in melee like barbarians, it's that weak at present.

Dreampiercer:

This, on the other hand, is a very solid weapon in the (rare) hands of a character that can use all of its pieces. Clonks that ever cast Greater Command will love this, and it will be situationally useful for some other melee toons against Demons, Devils and even some orange nameds (for the level drain).

Verdict: Situationally powerful.

Gauntlets of Immortality:

Very strong in spite of the regeneration effect being super-weak and the turning effect being worthless above EH. Any effect that doesn't provide at least 20hp per 6 seconds is flavor only, but the item will still be hotly sought after without any changes.

Verdict: Probably best-in-slot for every divine that doesn't melee enough to justify 30% healing amp gloves (i.e. most of them).

Stormreaver's Tablecloth:

Probably weaker all-around than the Adamantine Cloak of the Dragon, but a bit more versatile so a solid enough item.

Verdict: A bit better than meh.

Overall:

Basically all the non-weapon items are good, many of the weapons are lacking, and once more, a high base damage on its own does not make a poor crit profile weapon worth using (let alone good).
    Last edited by sirgog; 01-19-2013 at 08:11 AM.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Gauntlets of Immortality:

Very strong in spite of the regeneration effect being super-weak and the turning effect being worthless above EH. Any effect that doesn't provide at least 20hp per 6 seconds is flavor only, but the item will still be hotly sought after without any changes.

Verdict: Probably best-in-slot for every divine that doesn't melee enough to justify 30% healing amp gloves (i.e. most of them).
    I would say they need to change up what eternal faith does all together. Eternal faith currently boosts Turn Undead specifically. Perhaps the ability should boost Turn Undead, as well as any other ability that expends a Turn Undead, like a Radiant Servant's Aura and Burst, Divine Cleansing, Divine Healing, Divine Light, Divine Might, and Divine Vitality. This would at least give a little incentive for people to actually look for for Eternal Faith items.
    Sarkiki - Orexis - Pallikaria - Epithymia - Musouka - Empnefsi | Cannith Server

Madstone Aegis

Just a minor thing Feather, but shouldn't this be 40% spell failure? Just like crystal type shields receive -10% spell failure when crafted at the Cannith raids?

Also if it's supposed to be used for blocking dragon attacks (as per description), primal or elemental prefix might be a good fit for it.

Ring of Deceit

Anyone seen if this still holds its hidden effect or if its perhaps even been upgraded to something better like anathema?
    The Tarcane Death knight; a solo friendly plate wearing (0% spell failure) arcane knight.

Community Member
    Last edited by Viisari; 01-18-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Community Member

Pendant of the Stormreaver is awesome!

edit:
    4.75 dmg

edit:
    Madstone Aegis is crystal, good for druids then?

Loincloth is good too, though I like the Ghost-walker for my sorc more.
    Last edited by HalfORCastrator; 01-18-2013 at 06:35 PM.
    ME BARB, ME SMA-ok I stand here with pretty blue lines around me. ok I take damage. ok bye.

Edit: Bah! Just noticed I didn't have Extended Item Descriptions.
    Last edited by Alavatar; 01-18-2013 at 06:50 PM.
    Inferus Sus Thelanis; Primary Bodies:
    Adamantbody, Brassbody, Carbonbody, Ironbody, Uraniumbody
    Body Designer: Bodybuilder 20 Artificer

I like that short sword a LOT.

looks good so far

little disappointed that the pendant is melee only. I'd be tempted to put that on my arti otherwise
    Shadowsteel [TR train wreck]

I'm really curious what the heroism upgrades do.
    Also, thanks for adding charisma to that cloak, it makes me quite happy to see that arcane gear isn't all int int int.
    Edit: Also, YAY for a desired Divine item from a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Saravis View Post
    I'm really curious what the heroism upgrades do.
    Also, thanks for adding charisma to that cloak, it makes me quite happy to see that arcane gear isn't all int int int.
    Edit: Also, YAY for a desired Divine item from a raid.
    All upgrades mostly give extra augment slots. Some teirs give +7 too +8 upgrade(sheilds and weapons).

Quote Originally Posted by Ginarrbrik View Post
    at the Stormreaver monument in Gianthold (it's been moved slightly north, though), you can use 5 commendations of heroism, 6 restored dragon relics, 6 restored giant relics, and 6 restored elven relics to upgrade each item that drops in the raid to tier 2 and then again to tier 3 (7 comms/9 resto drag/9 resto giant/9 resto elf). just click on the Stormreaver monument to view all the recipes. this is similar to the system of upgrading CitW loot. all items drops at "Attuned to Heroism: Tier 1" and there is no difference between what difficulty you loot it on.

Here's the list of upgrades:

Pendant of the Stormreaver - Tier 2 adds an Empty Yellow Augment Slot, Tier 3 upgrades to Sovereign (50) Electrical Resistance.

Skybreaker - Tier 2 upgrades to +8 Enhancement Bonus, Tier 3 adds an Empty Red Augment Slot.

Dreampiercer - Tier 2 upgrades to +8 Enhancement Bonus, Tier 3 upgrades to Supreme Good.

Gauntlets of Immortality - Tier 2 adds an Empty Yellow Augment Slot, Tier 3 adds an Empty Colorless Augment Slot.

Idol of Fortune - Tier 2 adds an Empty Yellow Augment Slot, Tier 3 upgrades to Good Luck +3.

Halcyon Boots - Tier 2 adds an Empty Yellow Augment Slot, Tier 3 adds an Empty Green Augment Slot.

Madstone Aegis - Tier 2 upgrades to +8 Enhancement Bonus, Tier 3 adds an Empty Blue Augment Slot.

Ring of Deceit - Tier 2 adds an Empty Yellow Augment Slot, Tier 3 adds an Empty Colorless Augment Slot.

Stormreaver's Tablecloth - Tier 2 adds Yellow Augment Slot, Tier 3 adds Greater Spell Penetration IX.

Braisingstar - Tier 2 upgrades to +8 Enhancement Bonus, Tier 3 upgrades to Conflagrating.

Rebellion - Tier 2 upgrades to +8 Enhancement Bonus, Tier 3 upgrades to 20% Armor Piercing.

Ventilated Armbands - Tier 2 adds Yellow Augment Slot, Tier 3 adds Immunity to Air Elemental's Knockdown.
    Last edited by Rogann; 01-18-2013 at 07:36 PM.

Another 2 new items
    >>Officer of the DDOpl Guild<<>>Cannith<<
    Isioviel Jr'eness 17th: 9drd/9mnk/2ftr - the Completionist
    Finghin Al'Roeg 3rd life 16wiz/2mnk/2fvs .......Seljuck 3rd life 20pal

Quote Originally Posted by Seljuck View Post
    Another 2 new items
    Beat you to the punch! haha

Quote Originally Posted by Rogann View Post
    Beat you to the punch! haha
    U was just a little faster :P Stupid links ! :/ ;]
    >>Officer of the DDOpl Guild<<>>Cannith<<
    Isioviel Jr'eness 17th: 9drd/9mnk/2ftr - the Completionist
    Finghin Al'Roeg 3rd life 16wiz/2mnk/2fvs .......Seljuck 3rd life 20pal

anyone used the GS yet and know what reavers resolve does????

Quote Originally Posted by Xaxx View Post
    anyone used the GS yet and know what reavers resolve does????
    It looks like they mistakenly put the flavor text into an ability slot.

I'm curious as to what "The Reaver's Resolve" property on Skybreaker means...unless it's awesome, though, I'm a bit disappointed with that greatsword.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    I'm curious as to what "The Reaver's Resolve" property on Skybreaker means...unless it's awesome, though, I'm a bit disappointed with that greatsword.
    I was rather confused about that as well. Perhaps a set bonus paired with another item?

Default tablecloth

This looks good. Can I suggest that rather than greater spell pen IX as an upgrade, it become arcane augmentation? This would make it pair up nicely with the blue dragon scale armor that has greater spell pen IX on it already. This would make the blue scale, the blue helm, and the tablecloth a great combo.
    Tenfour-Dominican-Bashdem-Spielbergo of Orien

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast