Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Community Member

sorry if i was rude, but i'm not english and my language is poor
    the madstone base are still there
    the epic version is for caster
    if the developer erase the torch from the game it would be bad (i don't like too much the torch, it's too much randomic for me, but i understand the point) but if they do a new ipertorch for melee, that's would not a tragedy for me

the solution of splitting the boots in two pair is good, or they could add the halcyon effect at the blue armor

but its the same thing
    you want not to lose a good melee object
    i don't want to lose a good caster object that they put on my nose

ps. maybe if i was not so disappointed from the blue armor (the black is very good indeed) i would not so harsh in my first post

Community Member

Point and case is this we all know this was a cut and paste loot spread , Some stuff is good but the overall just makes me think Lazy !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    I think, and hope, that the description hides a hidden effect, like Madstone. If not, I stand on my position that this boots are disappointing and lacking.
    Yeah, it might be reasonable if there is still a madstone proc on hit effect and it just doesn't have the "anti-caster" effect when madstoned.

But if that was true why get rid of the clickie?

Yeah, I don't know.

Or maybe that gets added in the EH/EE versions?

I can go test it if you guys want. I took the screenie as i have the boots.
    I thought the description was pretty clear and thought it didn't need to be tested.

Wrunt also asked how far those temp SP stacked, which i can test as well i suppose. They only last for 1 minute per description so I think there might not be a limit.
    Thelanis -- Wulverine [Funkaholic, Funkatronic, Funkarific all retired for now...]

Quote Originally Posted by Wulverine View Post
    I can go test it if you guys want. I took the screenie as i have the boots.
    I thought the description was pretty clear and thought it didn't need to be tested.

Wrunt also asked how far those temp SP stacked, which i can test as well i suppose. They only last for 1 minute per description so I think there might not be a limit.
    Yeah, my thinking is they may make EE torcing much easier by giving you a lot of the SP you need to self-heal while torcing.

Edit: Obviously talking about torcing off ranged, not melee, in EE. :P
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Alright tested. I let the horde of spiders from the beginning of Trial by Fire hit me for what must have been a couple hundred times.
    There's no proc other than the 2SP per hit which strangely enough isn't shown in the combat log at all or visually above your character. You can see the 2SP constantly being added to your bluebar though.

There's no max to what it can stack for, i think, since at one point i had 2800SP out of my maximum of 1729 SP.
    I think the duration was actually a lot longer than 1 minute but the mechanic is definitely bugged in that it appears that whenever i would reconstruct myself the SP used for that are drawn from the base SP pool and not the temp SP pool.
    This wasnt shown in any way, until my Temp SP pool expired (after about 3mins i guess) and i suddenly had 400 out of 1729 SP.
    Thelanis -- Wulverine [Funkaholic, Funkatronic, Funkarific all retired for now...]

Alright tested. I let the horde of spiders from the beginning of Trial by Fire hit me for what must have been a couple hundred times.
    There's no proc other than the 2SP per hit which strangely enough isn't shown in the combat log at all or visually above your character. You can see the 2SP constantly being added to your bluebar though.

There's no max to what it can stack for, i think, since at one point i had 2800SP out of my maximum of 1729 SP.
    I think the duration was actually a lot longer than 1 minute but the mechanic is definitely bugged in that it appears that whenever i would reconstruct myself the SP used for that are drawn from the base SP pool and not the temp SP pool.
    This wasnt shown in any way, until my Temp SP pool expired (after about 3mins i guess) and i suddenly had 400 out of 1729 SP.
    Any chance you can try again and see if it'll let you spend more than your normal 1729 SP?
    Last edited by WruntJunior; 01-22-2013 at 04:08 PM.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Yeah I'm still on lama. It's more bugged than i thought. The reset of the temp SP seems to triggered by something i havent found out yet.

Edit: Looks like the temp SP is only "visually there" in your bar. It isnt being used and it can't be used right now.
    Tested by expending all my base SP until I had 12SP left from echos. Let temp SP proc up until i had a 100SP and couldnt cast reconstruct and even got the message about not having enough SP.
    Temp SP is also still being reset by something i cannot pinpoint. (think it might even have something to do with quest difficulty...)

All in all, pretty bugged out. And I can't be bothered to test much more. Devs really need to take a look at it.
    Last edited by Wulverine; 01-22-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyxxx View Post
    ps. maybe if i was not so disappointed from the blue armor (the black is very good indeed) i would not so harsh in my first post
    Must not be keeping up on it as much as you should, Feather had posted a day or so ago that Blue is getting Major Arcane Lore for its second upgrade. It is now the first and only source of major arcane lore on a single slot, so be happy.

Now, if they'd just show the same love towards melee, who were anxious about the boots.

Yeah I'm still on lama. It's more bugged than i thought. The reset of the temp SP seems to triggered by something i havent found out yet.

Edit: Looks like the temp SP is only "visually there" in your bar. It isnt being used and it can't be used right now.
    Tested by expending all my base SP until I had 12SP left from echos. Let temp SP proc up until i had a 100SP and couldnt cast reconstruct and even got the message about not having enough SP.
    Temp SP is also still being reset by something i cannot pinpoint. (think it might even have something to do with quest difficulty...)

All in all, pretty bugged out. And I can't be bothered to test much more. Devs really need to take a look at it.
    Great, so now they can "fix" it by removing the SP regen and putting madstone back. As much as I'd like to see an epic madstone effect, at this point I'd just be happy with regular madstone with the other epic enhancements to go with it. For what its worth, I'd take more clickies or a longer madstone as an upgrade.
    Last edited by Saravis; 01-22-2013 at 04:48 PM.

So instead of Epic Madstone Boots we get Epic Boots of Prince Raiyum-de II.
    GG&WP! Someone must be slapping their knees right now.

On a less hilarious note, my guess would be, that temporary SP shouldn't be stacking. It never has been for other similar items (life shield, demonic shield, concordant opposition's HP, ...).

It's not actually stacking, nor is it supposed to- the same temporary SP effect won't stack with itself any more than a Bodyfeeder or other Temporary HP proc will.

How it should essentially function: When you are hit in melee, your next spell costs 2 SP less, because you have 2 Temporary Spell Points which are being consumed as part of the casting cost.

It seems like there's a visual bug that can happen when you're attacked many times in very quick succession, however, which makes it look like it's stacking. I'm forwarding that to the appropriate people to get looked into. Thanks for bringing it up!

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    It's not actually stacking, nor is it supposed to- the same temporary SP effect won't stack with itself any more than a Bodyfeeder or other Temporary HP proc will.

How it should essentially function: When you are hit in melee, your next spell costs 2 SP less, because you have 2 Temporary Spell Points which are being consumed as part of the casting cost.

It seems like there's a visual bug that can happen when you're attacked many times in very quick succession, however, which makes it look like it's stacking. I'm forwarding that to the appropriate people to get looked into. Thanks for bringing it up!
    What... I don't... 2 spell points? Are you SERIOUS with some of this loot? Who do you think would ever even CARE about this?

"No, No, guys, I know you're upset about how much those boots SUCK now, but guess what?!?! They suck EVEN HARDER than you thought!"

Really, Feather... you need to reevaluate the loot in this update from the ground up. So much of it isn't even marginal, it's just vendor trash waiting to happen.
    AoK

Community Member

so the most it's possible to gain from this is 2 sp on each cast this just went from wow that could be really useful on a pally or ranger for regen without having to give up neck slot to wow this is useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

Community Member

When you are hit in melee, your next spell costs 2 SP less, because you have 2 Temporary Spell Points which are being consumed as part of the casting cost.
    and yet another design failure.

Quote Originally Posted by rimble View Post
    Right? This has W T F written in letters as big as Jupiter.
    AoK

The most be the worst epic boots in history. Sure, it got dex, potency and striding, but you can find those on other items, with less ML and that are more useful. The actual special effect is near worthless. 2 temp SP? On hit?

I mean you added a torc like ability (just as the torc - fine by me - another item with that option instead of torc) it would be 'nice' for a caster but then this is by most accounts regarded as a melee item and I'm sure most melee are now wondering how they got 'screwed'.

This to me is just like draconic hunger - a top tier destiny option that is near worthless because of its temporary mechanic.

Yeah, its the same bug whit druid wolf form enhacement Essence of the Shrike
    Last edited by Antiguo; 01-22-2013 at 05:40 PM.

Hummm, yeah 2 SP seems pretty lame.

that said, those boots do have: 30% striding, 8 dex, 80 potency, green slot, yellow slot on top of the 2 temp SP thing. That's not awful. I could see using them on my paladin if I slotted ghostly somewhere else (like bringing back my stalker ring), and I needed some more slots (which I do given all the FR gear I'm currently using).
    Gildus, Yhvain, Sabathiel, Einion

Cannith, GOCI
    Be Chill, have fun

Community Member

Feather can't catch a break!
    ME BARB, ME SMA-ok I stand here with pretty blue lines around me. ok I take damage. ok bye.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast