Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Since it was still missing.
    Note the last line of the flavor text.

Thelanis -- Wulverine + [Funkaholic, Funkatronic, Funkarific]

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wulverine View Post
    The last line as well as the description for Halcyon Mind really indicates that Madstone should be gone from these boots. I have mixed feelings but am leaning strongly towards the notion that these are amazing for rangers, pally, rogues, arty, and some builds for divines.
    Thanks for sharing the screeny.

Crapnuggets, another must-have.

Anyone know how far the SP stacks?
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

if my ranger needed sp i could see the usefulness of these boots, but without the madstone rage, my barb and fighters see no point in getting the upgraded version.

Good luck +3, dodge 4%, heavy fort.

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    Good luck +3, dodge 4%, heavy fort.
    I'm assuming those are the stats for the Idol of Fortune?
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

I guess melees got skunked on their epic madstones.
    Nerdrage/Endgame ~ Sarlona
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkForte View Post
    I guess melees got skunked on their epic madstones.
    But did you catch those mediocre Two-Handers that they gained?

Devs, Can we get a re-roll on the loot?

Edit:

I came back to be a bit more constructive, instead of just leaving my snide comments.

It would have been much nicer if the Devs had split the Madstone Boots into two different boots: One for Casters and One for Melees. It seems the Devs didn't remember the last time they tried to turn the Madstone Boots into caster item and the uproar that happened. In fact, it slipped their mind so long, it appears that it's with this update they finally fixed the shaken effect when the changed the boots to their previous state. (Very passive-aggressive of yall Devs, you know.)

Anyway, the Devs should have made two boots.
    One set for casters that Halcyon Mind, Dex +8, Striding 30%, Potency 80 and exceptional/insightful/whatever Con +3.
    Another set for melees that has Con +8, exceptional/insightful/whatever Dex+3, Striding 30%, Potency 80 and something with Madstone Rage. Maybe have the Madstone Rage with 3 to 5 clickies. Maybe the Madstone Rage is only a single clicky, but has double duration. Maybe something else, but something that would satisify melees since Epic Madstone Boots was the item that I'd say 90% of melees were really hoping to get.
    Last edited by oradafu; 01-22-2013 at 07:10 AM.

Default /reroll

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatisthisidonteven...
    This has to be THE most anticipated epic item from GH (alongside dragon armors) and this is what we get? Why would they remove THE defining characteristics of an item?
    There better be a full-brutard-mode mutation, or there's going to be madstone rage IRL.
    I really hope I'm missing something, like an undisclosed altar recipe.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTheHoon View Post
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatisthisidonteven...
    This has to be THE most anticipated epic item from GH (alongside dragon armors) and this is what we get? Why would they remove THE defining characteristics of an item?
    There better be a full-brutard-mode mutation, or there's going to be madstone rage IRL.
    I really hope I'm missing something, like an undisclosed altar recipe.
    I think, and hope, that the description hides a hidden effect, like Madstone. If not, I stand on my position that this boots are disappointing and lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    I think, and hope, that the description hides a hidden effect, like Madstone. If not, I stand on my position that this boots are disappointing and lacking.
    I know I'm basing my DooM on description, but the description is pretty ominous and not in a good way.
    My jimmies are rustled.

That's the EN version, innit? Anyone got a read on the EE one from the upgrade vendor, or is that just slots?

EDIT: nm, found it on the wiki (dur dee dur). Just slots.
    Brenna and Tzanna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

That sucks... Terrible move for the Halcyon boots. Well, I guess I don't need to farm the raid for any items on my kensai monk.

The description states that it no longer possesses the side effects of Madstone.
    Sarkiki - Orexis - Pallikaria - Epithymia - Musouka - Empnefsi | Cannith Server

Yea, these boots and the skybreaker have me very confused.

Feather, comment?
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Musouka View Post
    That sucks... Terrible move for the Halcyon boots. Well, I guess I don't need to farm the raid for any items on my kensai monk.

The description states that it no longer possesses the side effects of Madstone.
    Well it says that it no longer possesses the dangerous side effects of Madstone, perhaps the inability to cast spells could be considered a dangerous side effect and that's what was removed. I know, I'm grasping at straws here.

The decent thing would be, for the person who has them, to fully test them and see whether:
    1) there is a hidden effect on the boots and if there is
    2) what is the hidden effect.

I was hoping for either an extended time on the madstone rage, or a better version of madstone rage. I would've even accepted the madstone rage clicky and effect being exactly the same, but increasing the dex bonus to 8 and adding augment slots.
    Sarkiki - Orexis - Pallikaria - Epithymia - Musouka - Empnefsi | Cannith Server

Community Member

that's all envy.
    Halcyon Boot are a good CASTER item. (better than the blue armor, even with the new implement)
    I really want them, and i really hope that they will not be changed in the future
    If there is a good melee item i don't cry because is useless for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyxxx View Post
    that's all envy.
    Halcyon Boot are a good CASTER item. (better than the blue armor, even with the new implement)
    I really want them, and i really hope that they will not be changed in the future
    You've missed the point, have you? It would have been absolutely fine, if these boots were to be added as anything else but heavily implied epic "spiritual successor" of one of the most notorious melee items in the game.
    It's like epic Torc losing transform kinetic energy and granting +5d6 stacking light damage on melee attacks. It's a severe exaggeration, but it conveys the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyxxx View Post
    that's all envy.
    So you wouldn't raise a storm if they added the madstone effect to the Torc?

People are complaining because the boots were a highly sought melee item. Most of us here were rather excited at the idea of an epic version. How awesome would these boots be for those of us who have used madstone even into epic levels. Instead, they've completely changed them, those who were anxious about them have been left disappointed. Its rather rude of you to call it envy. As to my first question, even if you wouldn't, I would raise a storm. The Torc is a caster item and them changing it to be a melee item would leave casters, rightfully, disappointed.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast