Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Considering they're called Halcyon Boots I seriously doubt it'll proc anything resembling Madstone Rage.... you'd have better luck proccing a stuppor/daze effect since you're at peace.
    [REDACTED]

One of my favorite gear turned into blue bar item,so disappointing.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    Cool. As you say, waiting for the SS on this one for confirmation.

So it's an awesome item for one of the three Paladin prestige classes. So at least shield-and-board DoS paladins continue to get some love from the Devs. As for the other two prestige classes and THF paladins, Devs throw us a bone.
    Might be just me, but those boots look like they would be pretty nice on any sort of melee dps build with a blue bar, like melee ranger or bard as well as a paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    Might be just me, but those boots look like they would be pretty nice on any sort of melee dps build with a blue bar, like melee ranger or bard as well as a paladin.
    Madstone blocks casting, and a ranger that can't self-heal is nerfing itself severely. Same for bard, if you're gonna run madstoned, you'd be better off as a barbarian.

A DoS paladin would be immune to the Madstone, so he'd be able to keep up with his short-term buffs an cures, but would still get the effects from the sp proc, in my understanding.

I can see a niche use for this in a DPS divine in any place where healing is being done in rounds (such as when shroud was challenging, groups would have a divine heal a number of rounds, the other divine heal the next few), so that a healer that ran out of mana would DPS and get some sp back while at it. Maybe it would be nice for a PM that slaps on aura, for torcing on archers.
    Last edited by DarkForte; 01-19-2013 at 04:37 PM.
    Nerdrage/Endgame ~ Sarlona
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!

So it's an awesome item for one of the three Paladin prestige classes. So at least shield-and-board DoS paladins continue to get some love from the Devs. As for the other two prestige classes and THF paladins, Devs throw us a bone.
    Flawless White comes with a nice shield bonus, so you can hold a two hander and still have a shield bonus to your AC.
    Sarkiki - Orexis - Pallikaria - Epithymia - Musouka - Empnefsi | Cannith Server

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkForte View Post
    Madstone blocks casting, and a ranger that can't self-heal is nerfing itself severely. Same for bard, if you're gonna run madstoned, you'd be better off as a barbarian.

A DoS paladin would be immune to the Madstone, so he'd be able to keep up with his short-term buffs an cures, but would still get the effects from the sp proc, in my understanding.

I can see a niche use for this in a DPS divine in any place where healing is being done in rounds (such as when shroud was challenging, groups would have a divine heal a number of rounds, the other divine heal the next few), so that a healer that ran out of mana would DPS and get some sp back while at it. Maybe it would be nice for a PM that slaps on aura, for torcing on archers.
    It is pretty easy to switch defensive stance on and off when you need to heal.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Musouka View Post
    Flawless White comes with a nice shield bonus, so you can hold a two hander and still have a shield bonus to your AC.
    My commit about sword-and-board DoS paladins getting love while THF non-DoS paladins not getting love had more to do with DoS paladins getting benefits from both these new Epic Madstone (apparently) and the Divine Vengeance. There is no THF version of the Holy Avenger in the game and KoTC and HoTD continue to fall behind in DPS and other benefits to classes and the DoS. The comment had nothing about the inability to get a shield bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Jitty View Post
    This looks good. Can I suggest that rather than greater spell pen IX as an upgrade, it become arcane augmentation? This would make it pair up nicely with the blue dragon scale armor that has greater spell pen IX on it already. This would make the blue scale, the blue helm, and the tablecloth a great combo.
    I would say ...NO

This tablecloth looks liek a great item as is. Why ruin it with something easily found somewhere else and imply that people should use the cr***y bluescale armor. The tablecloth my caster will want as is. With that change, maybe not because the blue scale is so lacking and ill look for spell pen elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuel View Post
    I would say ...NO

This tablecloth looks liek a great item as is. Why ruin it with something easily found somewhere else and imply that people should use the cr***y bluescale armor. The tablecloth my caster will want as is. With that change, maybe not because the blue scale is so lacking and ill look for spell pen elsewhere.
    Arcane augmentation found easily elsewhere? Really? Wow can I have some of your loot?

Arcane agmentation:
    The staff of arcane power (two handed)
    LOB items

Greater spell pen IX:
    blue scale
    loot gen armor/robes
    loot gen shields
    loot gen weapons
    Tablecloth
    LOB items

I wasn't implying that you should use the blue scale armor. You inferred it.

Currently, you have one choice for arcane augmentation.

There is currently NO gear set up on live the live server that would get you max spell pen and max DC on an arcane. The closest you can get involves finding a loot gen one handed caster stick with +3 DC and +2 spell IX, and having a LOB one handed weapon with a top tier fire spirit. So if anything is trying to force a gear set up, its the lack of choice about arcane augmentation.

I could have suggested arcane augmentation on the blue scale, so why didn't I? Arcane lore works on all spells (arcane or divine boost). Spell pen works on all spells (arcane or divine boost). the Tablecloth has boosts to charisma and intel. Both of these are arcane's primary stats. Neither of these are divine's primary stats. I have both an arcane and a divine so the suggestion is not from greed with disregard for others wants. Of all my characters, my divine benifits the most from U17 by far. My arcane benifits the least, and my melees are somewhere in the middle. I am trying to make some suggestions to balance the scale.
    Last edited by Jitty; 01-20-2013 at 08:48 AM.
    Tenfour-Dominican-Bashdem-Spielbergo of Orien

Default Agreed--not noteworthy mods

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    The problem with this entire pack are the weapons in it. All need to be upgraded in some way shape or form. How about the Dreamspitter apply to all outsider not just evil outsiders? The Greatsword should do more damage. The rebellion is good, but could just use a slight bump. I was especially disappointed with the tenderizer. That weapon should be the first +15 stun item in the game in my opinion. That would fit with the weapon's traditional place in ddo. The shield is ho hum as well.
    Good suggestions. Even Stunning +12 or some kind of effect stacking with combat mastery (let's say a named "Braising" effect: +2 stun stacking) would put it on the map, but with the poor critical threat and a collection of average mods you can find on a Cormyrian weapon, it can't compete with Mornh.

Dreampiercer would have been the perfect place to put the Dream Vision modifier found on the Dream Visors, but instead just got a slight bump to its already slightly watered-down caster/melee effects. It doesn't even appear to have the ability to get force burst or holy on it likes its heroic counterpart--something that by and large helped acrobats (and future Henshin mystics) really consider this a viable DPS staff.
    Character Compendium

Default More lackluster mods

Quote Originally Posted by SableShadow View Post
    I like the idea of an upgrade to Treason, but at the moment it isn't even going to be replacing my eEnvenomed Blades in my inventory, and certainly not my eMidnight Greetings.
    Also agreed. Though Rebellion has some of the better stats of the lot, it really doesn't bring a lot to the table that other epic weapons (and off-hand items) don't already have. Sad.
    Character Compendium

Default Hardly immortal with these gauntlets

Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    As someone that's actually built and used a regen gearset, gotta say, I'd be more excited if that particular effect didn't eat the 30% amp slot. They only maintain even marginal viability due to the multipliers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Durnak View Post
    PS - Just another example of an awful item attribute decision - Gauntlets of immortality's regen effect - I'm sorta at a loss of words here, Are you serious? We have characters hovering around 1000 hp that zerg content. Do you think 15 seconds is worthwhile for 2-4 hp? Add a zero to those numbers and cut the time in half, then maye I'll sacrifice my precious gloves slot to actually wear that. I'm not even going to give myself an aneurysm talking about the uber heal and repair skills this is buffing.
    I was most excited and most disappointed by the gauntlets.

On the issue of gloves with 30% heal amp, I accept gear shuffles in this game, but these gauntlets hardly even call for that.

As Durnak pointed out, of my three divines, some of whom aren't even particularly well-geared (and one that is), none of them run with fewer than 700 hp even in a level 0 destiny, and in the hp-padding destinies two of them can break 1k with yugo pots only.

Any radiant servant worth their salt will already have an aura up hitting them for somewhere between 50-80 hp per tick. My bard may have been interested in these but the regeneration likely doesn't stack with/doesn't add much to Virtuoso vigor. Worse, most of my characters that don't have regeneration abilities already have a Pouch of Jerky which likely eclipses this regeneration effect.

The gauntlets would have been a perfect time to at least create a competitive (or dare we say best-in-slot) turning item, but these aren't even that. Eternal Faith is already craftable and found on a smattering of items that are already largely irrelevant to most Turn-acquiring characters because the ability and the item mod both together and separately are just too weak to use.

I understand that it's nice for any divine to have an off-hand superior healing casting stick equipped, but the item would seriously be better served even just having superior healing lore/120 devotion and something like "Immortal Faith" (eternal faith upgrade) or a mod that takes half of your healing or repair skill and makes THAT your 15 second healing tick.
    Character Compendium

Default Arcane augmentation somewhere

(snip...)Of all my characters, my divine benifits the most from U17 by far. My arcane benifits the least, and my melees are somewhere in the middle. I am trying to make some suggestions to balance the scale.
    Well-stated. Most if not all of these items suffer from not bringing anything new to our gearsets, not consolidating well enough, or just being plain not good enough to be considered.

Adding arcane aug somewhere would be good for consideration and consolidation.
    Character Compendium

Overall very unimpressed with the new loot.

Will not write a big evaluation as I feel it is pointless with current development.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post

Will not write a big evaluation as I feel it is pointless with current development.
    Pretty much.

Not sure why we should even continue providing our thoughts on this stuff when it isn't incorporated anyway.

The loot designer just doesn't do a good job. Really. I'm not a mean forum rage poster, just trying to call it as it is. I mean, the backscale most people agree got a decent treatment. The helms are very nice. BUT, a lot of the attributes on the new raid loot upgrades are simply bad.

Theres no way to soften up that feedback without sounding harsh. Forget about the skybreaker, who ever decided to make that weapon is either a) disconnected from what current two handed competition is or b) is intentionally giving us crappy two handers.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post

It is not worth it for this update's loots, but if you can make some nice suggestions/comments you can help craft future loot. I can see in some of the previous comments people made in earlier updates where incorporated in future updates. I think what I want for a take home point here for the devs is that the weapons are underpowered overall. Several could use a bump so in the future the devs should make the weapons a little bit more powerful. Some other coments would be: no crossbow, no real weapons for divines, no heavy pick, the two two handers are weak, etc. Suggestion: would be to put in update 18 or update 19 an xbow, divine weapon, heavy pick, and nice two hander. Make the weapons more inline with the rapier, bow, shortsword, etc. in CITW.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

Why not take the turning garbage off the gloves and add healing amp? Healing amp does benefit Clerics, especially with the aura going. I think 30% might be a bit much, but 20% would make this a much more alluring item.

That said.... thank you for making more body slot items with Devotion on them. Clonks thank you. Now, if you could only up the Devotion on the Epic Mask of Comedy.... perhaps not to 120, but where that item is now is a joke.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Arcane augmentation found easily elsewhere? Really? Wow can I have some of your loot?

Arcane agmentation:
    The staff of arcane power (two handed)
    LOB items

Greater spell pen IX:
    blue scale
    loot gen armor/robes
    loot gen shields
    loot gen weapons
    Tablecloth
    LOB items

I wasn't implying that you should use the blue scale armor. You inferred it.

Currently, you have one choice for arcane augmentation.

There is currently NO gear set up on live the live server that would get you max spell pen and max DC on an arcane. The closest you can get involves finding a loot gen one handed caster stick with +3 DC and +2 spell IX, and having a LOB one handed weapon with a top tier fire spirit. So if anything is trying to force a gear set up, its the lack of choice about arcane augmentation.

I could have suggested arcane augmentation on the blue scale, so why didn't I? Arcane lore works on all spells (arcane or divine boost). Spell pen works on all spells (arcane or divine boost). the Tablecloth has boosts to charisma and intel. Both of these are arcane's primary stats. Neither of these are divine's primary stats. I have both an arcane and a divine so the suggestion is not from greed with disregard for others wants. Of all my characters, my divine benifits the most from U17 by far. My arcane benifits the least, and my melees are somewhere in the middle. I am trying to make some suggestions to balance the scale.

the way i see it is:

1. arcane augmentation also comes on twilight and i think the wizard commendation turn ins

2. greater spell pen ix you need either
    a) lootgen armor or blue scale, both of which are seriously lacking in terms of what else they provide compared to mabar robes for pm, or shadowmail or greenscale for casters

or

b lootgen weapons/shields which are pretty rare and only usually applicable to a single element, such as +6 glaciation of necromantic mastery or such, or a lob item which is a grind

this is the only non armor non weapon slot item with greater spell pen 9, and imo, that is more important than arcane augmentation, which is easier to be a switch out item based on damage type, and which is usually irrelevant due to the caster level caps on many spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuel View Post
    ...such as +6 glaciation of necromantic mastery or such, or a lob item .
    That is the set up that I use for necromacy, and I have a different +6 loot gen for enchantment. Still looking for +6 caster sticks for other spell types.

True that arcane augmentation comes on the Twilight I overlooked that thanks for correcting that. You do realise that arcane augmentation not only increases damage of (a very few) spells, but also raises the caster level for spell penetration checks right? I've found it much more difficult to get a twilight on either of my characters that want one than it was to make a LOB item on my arcane.

I still think the point remains strong that it's easier to put greater spell pen IX into a arcane or divine set up than it is to fit arcane augemntation into an arcane set up.

Sorry to anybody reading this that is trying to gather feedback on raid loot, I've gone tangential and I'll stop now.
    Last edited by Jitty; 01-20-2013 at 10:50 PM.
    Tenfour-Dominican-Bashdem-Spielbergo of Orien

I am thinking it can help my emerald that twisted the coccoon... not only pallies get the benefit
    Khyber: Pinel ip!140+ / Laerak 120 / Sibeli 80 / Kaeral 100 / Gilmara 60 - Crafter 150/145/145

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast