Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphious View Post
    You make it sound like they're being sold for a few K plat... they cost 30 epic tokens. It would have to be a pretty rare drop to be more trouble to get than 30 raid tokens...

Even in the "good old days" of 10 min big top runs it took a fair amount of time both in game, and even more so in RL due to lock out timers to buld up those tokens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Retrodark View Post
    Yeah, but if you are already sitting on a stack of tokens, why would you want to grind for something you can already get now? Also you can still get about 1 token every 10 minutes via challenges.
    Aggreed - that ended a long time ago with the challenges.. Even though I never actually did trade in for the challenge mats I'm sitting at about 100 tokens from just running epics.. No idea how many I would have if I used my mats for anything else than tr items and xp pots

What I am trying to say is - I am very tired of farming one quest for 1 item.
    If the amount of time it takes to get is the same - I for one would prefer it to be spend on the entire range of epics or level relevant quests - than just one midlevel quest as it seems to be aimed at from the dev post.

At least with the tokens you can do a bunch of different quests to collect them.

Default Named Augments

I think that Named augmets should be littered throughout all ranges of quests as random drops and end rewards. The Augments have a wide range of possibliities that will make them coveted. It can be so simple as a standard red augment type like Spell Power, that in the random named drop is a yellow augment. Would very powerful for slotting and its something that is make or break.

Toughness I can can kind of see how you dont what it a buy one because we still have to have it lvl 25 let alone 12. However, this is an opprotunity to manipulate the perception of the DDO community and solve the lower level problem. Make regular Toughness as it is now available at at ML 20 like it is now. Then you can add your ML 12 in the necro area as a name drop. Heck do that will all sorts, a normal ML 25 is a rare named drop at ML 18. So you see you no longer have the pretty much free ML 12 toughness slot on all sorts of things, and you have made the community happy. It doesnt change much since a lot of gear at epics has toughness already, but you set the initial perception as a high level and it is later viewed as a tweek gear bonus when you insablish your intent.

Now of course you will have your awesome Named augments that have multipule things, Good & Silver/Adamantine Damage Type and the like that will be hunted down like crack.

I should also put in that random elements are also a great avenue of approach. Random is the basis of D&D and almost all video games, thats why our weapons do XdX damage not X. Known values with those that have mathmatical powers are very bland. I can then calculate how much HP something has and/or how long it will take to kill, etc. Random numbers are the way of replicating events as they would happen in real life because not everything is always known. Yes its random if we get the item, but we know the effects...now the augments will give some variety, but its will be simple as "Do have silver or good on you eSOS, or did you get the one thats both" answeres "Good"...

I think that there should be random chances for add ons to both augments and raid loot, that would be awesome. Now it would be, "Oh you have good or silver on that thing?" answeres, "Good, mine got metaline as a random add" reaction, "HOLY S&*^ MAN that rocks!!!"

And even more funny stuff too, guy links his eSOS, "Is that corrosion +60?" answers, "Yea...I dont know man, it just happened". Now to be clear these should be add ons and very rare.

Secondly, with augments and raid loot....BTA. If its challenge related they can be BTC but only if the mats are BTA.

This is a group game, and its a group game with limited healing and other factors that bottle neck parties into needed certain classes. Lucky for us you have made playing said classes blow in many cases *roll eyes*. So now if you want to improve the atmoshere for new players that dont have a big guild, you need to increase how often raids or whatever are run.

"But how does that increase the rate of runs Seager?", Im glad you asked. Take CitW, if I am on and I see a group needing a cleric, I dont join, why? Well I dont need anything from there on him and I wait with my healer to help my guildies if Im going to do santa claus time, does that make me a bad person...wait dont answer, I dont care.

Now lets say that the items are BTA. Now I will join, I dont have to wait for a fill and I can pass whatever I get to the person that needs it, or put it up for roll.
    So the raid doesnt wait for another hour, less ppl get made and close their accounts (bit extreme, but whatever)

"But I dont like it when a cleric rolls on a Greataxe even though it is BTA, he might be lying and only wanting it to collect" ...My answer is suck it up Sally. Does it suck, sure maybe, but the only loot your entitled is your own, getting others is a bonus if you dont like it cry about it to your mom or something because she is probably the only one that will at least pretend to care.

/End Rant
    Seager, Seagar, Jayrixx, Dezaray, Guiled, Glorysong

Proud Officer of Hand of the Black Tower
    Khyber Server

Community Member

Default hi

hi dear feather

what about adding 1 blue augment slot on the mantle of threnal :P ? (please please)
    and an augment slot on voice of the master too :P ?

Quote Originally Posted by nayozz View Post
    hi dear feather

what about adding 1 blue augment slot on the mantle of threnal :P ? (please please)
    and an augment slot on voice of the master too :P ?
    I am inclined to think this is a foolish request since its not likely to happen.

However I can help but /sign because it would be so awesome, lol

Good idea mate
    Seager, Seagar, Jayrixx, Dezaray, Guiled, Glorysong

Proud Officer of Hand of the Black Tower
    Khyber Server

it may have already been brought up but i remember seeing in tolero's op about the new augments that there are 3 named augments comming with u17 now i have only been on lama land on and off and only have come across the globe of blood augment anyone happen to know anything about the other 2 named augments?

edit:"Update 17 also introduces the first three “Named” Augments, which drop in specific locations inside certain quests. Named Augments can do special and wondrous things." from tolero's op
    Last edited by DemonStorm333; 02-14-2013 at 09:55 AM.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war

Quote Originally Posted by DemonStorm333 View Post
    it may have already been brought up but i remember seeing in tolero's op about the new augments that there are 3 named augments comming with u17 now i have only been on lama land on and off and only have come across the globe of blood augment anyone happen to know anything about the other 2 named augments?

edit:"Update 17 also introduces the first three “Named” Augments, which drop in specific locations inside certain quests. Named Augments can do special and wondrous things." from tolero's op
    Epic globe (+1 ex stats), heroic globe (+3 stats?), and draconic soul gem (Yellow, 30pt Fire, Cold, Electric, and Acid resist).
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Glenalth View Post
    Epic globe (+1 ex stats), heroic globe (+3 stats?), and draconic soul gem (Yellow, 30pt Fire, Cold, Electric, and Acid resist).
    Saw ss of the draconic soul but haven't seen one for the heroic globe??
    Demons run when a good man goes to war

Community Member

named augments for various sets like the dragon touched sets or tod sets would be very nice for some future point

ps anyone don vod to see if those items get augments

i think the 3 dif parrying attributes would be nice on augments

perhaps a eldrich -soverighn augmetns whihc u combne with that type of rune then put in a augment slot to get that particular ability

Would be nice if we could get the new named pre- and suf-fixes as augments.

Would be even better if we are able to craft these augments our self.

A Sapphire of Spell Agility that lower arcane spell failure does not stack with itself if on other equipment. It would be something that would make sense to be stackable if put on a shield as well ;\
    I love you Abbot♥

2017 DDO Players Council Arkantios's Avatar

Probably already said this but im too lazy to actually read all hundred and some comments so.....healing amp augments? 10/15/20% even?
    XxMazexX the Rogue SneakATank.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678