Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Hero

The d20 icon for augments is awesome. Nice way to fit that flavor into the game.

Augments need to go into a bag.

If I could only add one additional augment type into the game, it's Healing Amplification.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

I like the new augment system alot I just think there should be a few more things added. The 25% dodge cap is pretty irksome to me. That is where I would like to see a few more things added. The +2 MDB should be able to expand the dodge cap by 2. I would like to see the capabilities to slot in 1% and 2% and perhap even 3% dodge. I would also like the first +5% dodge item in an upcoming raid.

Healing amp is another item type which is in short supply. I would like 10% and 20% healing amp be able to be slotted in. Sadly tower rings are still attractive because you can slot 20% healing amp in them.

10% fortification is another nice option for slots I think.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Community Member

Agreed with everything said so far.

• Add 10, 20% Healing amp
    • Move GFL to Yellow slot again
    • Add Toughness again. Why you are making this named is silly imho.
    • Some extra fortification (10, 15% Exceptional) in the Yellow slot would be cool
    • Add 1% and 2% dodge Augments
    • Allow Augments to go into the bag

I'd like to chime in on the many calls for heal amp.

I agree heal amp should be added, but perhaps on named augments, and should come in smaller doses. Perhaps 5, 10, and 15%?
    Someone got it wrong. Everyone expected the Spanish Inquisition because they were required to give 30 days notice, by law.
    I can be found on Orien. My more active toons are Cilon, Solstone in Your Pack, and sometimes Acroyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSpacePony View Post
    I agree heal amp should be added, but perhaps on named augments, and should come in smaller doses. Perhaps 5, 10, and 15%?
    I see what you did there.

Nice try.

Community Member

I am confused.. Does this mean you still need a guild for augments?

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post

Nice try.
    A suggestion to maybe get some stacking healing amp off rare named augments?

Yea, what a crazy idea to actually give us something that stacks for a change.

I wish you would reply to more burning concerns, such as the meaning of the lore text on the skybreaker, and the overall crumminess of the weapon.

You shafted greatsword users in web, and now you're doing it in gianthold.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post

Nice try.
    We should really get 29% augments, that way it will be "just a little bit less than the best available"
    Gildus, Yhvain, Sabathiel, Einion

Cannith, GOCI
    Be Chill, have fun

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by Durnak View Post

You shafted greatsword users in web, and now you're doing it in gianthold.
    Greatsword?
    Go back to swinging the best weapon in game.
    Really shafted are dwarven axes users.

A suggestion to maybe get some stacking healing amp off rare named augments?

Yea, what a crazy idea to actually give us something that stacks for a change.
    For as long as healing amp has such sharp escalating returns, the absolute last thing the game needs is more stacking healing amp sources.

5% Amp would be better for every melee character than 20 absolutely stacking HP. 15% would be on par with 60 HP powerwise.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    For as long as healing amp has such sharp escalating returns, the absolute last thing the game needs is more stacking healing amp sources.

5% Amp would be better for every melee character than 20 absolutely stacking HP. 15% would be on par with 60 HP powerwise.
    Provided that you can fit it in. As things look now, you'll sacrifice dps, hp, or saves somewhere if you tack that on.

Edit: Also, healing amp and hitpoints aren't entirely interchangeable. They way you've put it, a million healing amp at 500 HP buys you tons of extra hitpoints and is therefore better than the alternative variant with higher hitpoints but less amp.

However, my experience suggests that a 500 hp toon will have a very tough time in EE content regardless of his healing amp, as compared to a 800, 900hp + character with say, a pair of 30% gloves.

The other variable at play is how hard MAY you get hit in any given quest. If you are getting tossed up into the spikes in EE web or have insufficient saves for lolths beams that may git for 400+, I'd take the hitpoints.
    Last edited by Durnak; 01-19-2013 at 05:56 PM.
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE

The Hatchery

Provided that you can fit it in. As things look now, you'll sacrifice dps, hp, or saves somewhere if you tack that on.

Edit: Also, healing amp and hitpoints aren't entirely interchangeable. They way you've put it, a million healing amp at 500 HP buys you tons of extra hitpoints and is therefore better than the alternative variant with higher hitpoints but less amp.

However, my experience suggests that a 500 hp toon will have a very tough time in EE content regardless of his healing amp, as compared to a 800, 900hp + character with say, a pair of 30% gloves.

The other variable at play is how hard MAY you get hit in any given quest. If you are getting tossed up into the spikes in EE web or have insufficient saves for lolths beams that may git for 400+, I'd take the hitpoints.
    There's only one single +HP augment slot. Fitting in both high healing amp and high HP is by no means a tall order.

The point is, adding new denominations for healing amp is not going to happen. Monks can easily get over 350% healing amp already, so they'd get massive benefits from more, smaller denominations of hamp, while people who have little healing amp will get very little benefit from new denominations. I forgot what the absolute maximum amount of healing amp is but I believe it's well over 600%, and only because it stacks multiplicatively.

It's just not going to happen.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    There's only one single +HP augment slot. Fitting in both high healing amp and high HP is by no means a tall order.

The point is, adding new denominations for healing amp is not going to happen. Monks can easily get over 350% healing amp already, so they'd get massive benefits from more, smaller denominations of hamp, while people who have little healing amp will get very little benefit from new denominations. I forgot what the absolute maximum amount of healing amp is but I believe it's well over 600%, and only because it stacks multiplicatively.

Then let us slot what we already got?

So, whoever has already 350% Hamp won't have any more or any less. Whoever can't fit it will benefit from those.

Everyone wins.

On the same end, losing Toughness as Augment is an everyone lose situation.

The one problem I have with the augments is that the DR-breaking augments have minimum levels. What is the point? Byeshk, for instance has a very low min level but isn't really useful until you start fighting mindflayers on level 13. Evil is only useful in a single quest, and possibly in PvP. As for Good, that has a TON of uses, starting at level 6 in the Chronoscope pack.

Please do not put minimum level requirements just for the sake of having them. I can get good-aligned weapons at pretty much any level, so in that instance the min level on Good is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post

Why are we even talking about this? I'm not explicitly asking for more stacking healing amp. As pointed out before me, we don't even have the options to place the ones we already have, let alone stacking ANYTHING. That was just the example off of which I question why feather doesn't give us anything that may be stacking at all with this new augment system.

The hitpoints are false life, the spellpoints are enhancement, yet he's removing all guild slots - which were stacking.
    YouTube Channel HERE

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Agree. Because of the way they multiply themselves, the more heal amp you have, the more valuable heal amp becomes.

They need to change the math there, so heal amp is aditive instead of multiplicative. And then give bonus type to heal amp equipments. Like what they did with Spellpower compared to the old spell damage rule. So that they can add 35~50% heal amp items, or more heal amp enhancements to high-HP classes without the fear that it will combo in itself to fully heal a raged barbarian with a cure light potion.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    They need to change the math there, so heal amp is aditive instead of multiplicative.
    Not going to happen.

6+ years and they still make this design mistake, time after time.

Heck, they just got done tweaking weapon damage to make it even easier to do.
    Brenna / Tzanna, The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent on Argo
    "As the party's resident trap expert ..." <dies with smug yet surprised expression on face>

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    Agree. Because of the way they multiply themselves, the more heal amp you have, the more valuable heal amp becomes.

They need to change the math there, so heal amp is aditive instead of multiplicative. And then give bonus type to heal amp equipments. Like what they did with Spellpower compared to the old spell damage rule. So that they can add 35~50% heal amp items, or more heal amp enhancements to high-HP classes without the fear that it will combo in itself to fully heal a raged barbarian with a cure light potion.
    Or just hard cap it to some amount if its much too much.

i wont be original but, maybe auguments could be tied into cannith crafting, basicaly one aug of each color could be craftable +3 or +5 letting players to craft on it and then add it to slottable item, it would give huge reason to craft again and at same time give much more possiblities with whole slot system.

as for current auguments, there are elemental damages 1d10 could you add alignment damages as well?
    Last edited by bloodnose13; 01-20-2013 at 11:43 AM. Reason: patch to update
    "If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong."
    — Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by bloodnose13 View Post
    i wont be original but, maybe auguments could be tied into cannith crafting, basicaly one aug of each color could be craftable +3 or +5 letting players to craft on it and then add it to slottable weapon, it would give huge reason to craft again and at same time give much more possiblities with whole slot system.

as for current auguments, there are elemental damages 1d10 could you add alignment damages as well?
    The dev response to this idea before was that the augment and Cannith crafting systems don't play well together.

An alternative path for similar results would be to add augments to the Cannith crafting recipes that mirror the abilities of some of the craftable shards. It would need to be kept to some of the lesser recipes as adding a greater bane or even holy for damage + alignment could throw power levels out of whack pretty easily. Lesser banes, elemental, elemental bursts, and a few of the weapon utility effects like crippling would make for some nice options.

It could also be a huge boon to Cannith crafting to include some of the basic augments in the crafting altars. Augment versions of the non-epic stats, spell power, proof against poison, resistance, skills (when available), and other effects could help fill out the crafting system and make it smoother for leveling at the high ends.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast