Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Same problem with every other epic explorere area I explained a dozen times:

Utterly trivial and thus boring for any decently skilled/geared character due to lack of difficulty settings. Both my bbn and sorc 1 shot nearly every enemy and it felt very underwealming.

You obviously have profiles for all the non named enemies here for hard and elite.. Why not add the difficulties so you can appeal to a wider audiance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraki View Post
    First, I would like to say that I had a good time in the outside area. Killed 3 dragons, collected shrunken heads and got some nifty augments to play with.

The only complaint I have is the Stormsworn Earthcaller (Knockdown sworn KnockdownCaller).

Their ability list appears to be:
    1. Rock Throw* - *Now with Severe stunning blow!
    2. Stomp
    3. Cometfall
    4. Greater Command

That sounds just like Glabrezu AI (minus the Greater Command... haven't seen a Glabrezu cast that yet).

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    So, the brothers Grim encounter was both entertaining and surprising. Also, is there a chance for the dragon encounters out there to drop flawless dragon scales?
    GAAAHHH! I KNEW I shouldn't have read this thread. OK, no more spoilers for me... la la la not listening to y'all!

I LIKE those two, though

But then when I dropped back into non-epic gianthold,
    How did you do that? I didn't see any option to go to regular gianthold, only the epic wilderness.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    You obviously have profiles for all the non named enemies here for hard and elite.. Why not add the difficulties so you can appeal to a wider audiance.
    We absolutely explored this at the same time we targeted supporting Heroic/Epic variants in Wilderness. The short answer is, the game code that handles difficulty is much more intertwined with lots of other game systems, making it a high risk task, and we are trying to keep a focus on game health right now (aka fewer bugs).

Populating monsters is also an unfortunately long handed task. It's difficult to predict when something will be a huge task or right there at your finger tips.

In the end I think we were fortunate that creating the portal with Epic for wilderness and Heroic was an isolated and accessible system to tamper with.
    ---------------
    follow me on Twitter @producerglin

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    We absolutely explored this at the same time we targeted supporting Heroic/Epic variants in Wilderness. The short answer is, the game code that handles difficulty is much more intertwined with lots of other game systems, making it a high risk task, and we are trying to keep a focus on game health right now (aka fewer bugs).

Populating monsters is also an unfortunately long handed task. It's difficult to predict when something will be a huge task or right there at your finger tips.

In the end I think we were fortunate that creating the portal with Epic for wilderness and Heroic was an isolated and accessible system to tamper with.
    One tech-note on that: Did spot a few of the epic explorer red-names in the heroic explorer areas when I was gathering testing-mats. They went down in about 3 hits. Did not note encounters bleeding over.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    How did you do that? I didn't see any option to go to regular gianthold, only the epic wilderness.
    I meant the wilderness, which unfortunately has a similar name to the town.

Community Member

My own experience with the explorer zone on my 25 monk is the giants may have a few too many hit points but personally I find a bigger issue is the excessively large aggro radius giants have, I mean I go to attack a group and spawns that are so far away, in fact some that haven't even -rendered- on my screen yet come stompin in to lay a gang beating on me and Albus. Often leaves me as a soul stone due to stun spam just because of how many there are at times.

I meant the wilderness, which unfortunately has a similar name to the town.
    That's also what I meant. I saw no option or ability to travel to the mid-teen version.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    That's also what I meant. I saw no option or ability to travel to the mid-teen version.
    The Heroic Version of the Wilderness is available through a tab choice when you click on the "door" to the Wilderness. If you click on the "Heroic" tab (above the normal spot for Casual/Normal/Hard/Elite), you can access the Heroic Wilderness.

The Heroic Version of the Wilderness is available through a tab choice when you click on the "door" to the Wilderness. If you click on the "Heroic" tab (above the normal spot for Casual/Normal/Hard/Elite), you can access the Heroic Wilderness.
    Ok, this option is showing up now, but it absolutely was not showing up before. No way I would have missed it, as I was specifically looking for it.

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

You are not Crazy! Thank you for bringing this to my attention. It looks like those tabs sometimes wander off. I will have to track it down!

Also, Druuhl is being stingy. I've let the Devs know that he is missing his chest. We also know that the Giants' AI is a little broken (sometimes more than a little...)

One more thing: The Ancient Giant Totems are for Brawnpit's Encounter.
    Last edited by SqueakofDoom; 01-21-2013 at 11:45 AM.

Community Member

I have had mixed experiences in this area. All of the below are solo (not hireling, actually solo)

My bardbarian does okay solo but has to take long breaks to heal up.

A pally I rolled with suboptimal gear and capped EDs rolls through this like it's Korthos.

My Shiradai, Dual Rainbow does pretty well as long as I take it easy. It is easy to aggro too much with him though.

My Enchant/Archy WF (Magister) lands maybe 50% of his charms.. He does okay but has to down an excessive amount of pots. I think there is a problem though since on Live BEFORE TRing (wiz past life) he had a 43 save on his enchants.. NOW.. he is Magister capped and fully twisted and is only hitting 43.. WITH Epic feats, Enchant mastery, and tons of other goodies. I will have to investigate further to find out why that is but 43 is simply not enough.

I have a TWF rogue I will attempt to run through here but I honestly think it will not be pretty. I accept that that particular build tends to be more support and party dependent (unlike a capped archmage WF).

EDIT: Surprisingly my rogue didn't do too badly here solo. He regens approx 60ish HP every minute or so, which helps. The only thing that gets him is the crazy groups where 3 or 4 giants turns into 15ish.
    Last edited by 4tonmantis; 01-21-2013 at 10:31 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by terrenceknight1 View Post
    My own experience with the explorer zone on my 25 monk is the giants may have a few too many hit points but personally I find a bigger issue is the excessively large aggro radius giants have, I mean I go to attack a group and spawns that are so far away, in fact some that haven't even -rendered- on my screen yet come stompin in to lay a gang beating on me and Albus. Often leaves me as a soul stone due to stun spam just because of how many there are at times.
    This, I noticed that you start off fighting 5 giants and by the end have 15+ on you. My stronger builds are fine with this but a more stealth-dependent build or a slightly gimp character will find himself zerged by giants and ground into ingredients for bread fairly quickly.

Community Member

Default Help with Truth Words 7 & 8

I've rolled through Epic GH twice and cannot find the Truthful One's Words 7 & 8 anywhere. I've found all the others, including all the Stormreaver ones. Does anyone know where they are? They must be somewhat close to each other.

Im against any old quest chain or quest , that is too be made into a epic .
    Kahzadoom~Xzr~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~DoomTusk~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by die View Post
    I've read this 15 times now and still don't know what you are saying.
    ----------------------
    Hiyoshimaru

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by die View Post
    Firstly, this is the first epic zone of an old zone that isn't just "up the difficulty." They actually changed some things around story wise.

Secondly, what does this have to do with the explorer zone?

seems to me there is just too many giants in this area, they activate slow but they act like ants and when you fight one giant soon there is 10 more running from all around to help him, also their push around with club effect makes it hard to fight them when there is more than one. i think its a good reason to a change of this effect from current on attack, to some kind of critical attack effect or special attack that appears once per longer period of time. or removeal of it at all same as the skeleton giants. it just makes giant fights frustrating instead of fun.
    "If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong."
    — Groucho Marx

Default Truthful One's tenth teaching

I've searched all over gianthold explorer area with a friend and we haven't found Truthful One''s tenth teaching explorer. Does it even exist and if it does where is it located. We've found all the other explorer locations except this one. Any help would be appreciated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast