Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by mystafyi View Post
    while its nice to see 2 melee duo the raid, it does nulify anyone stating it was only completed so quickly due to mana pots.

casual and mediocrity ftw i guess
    Actually no... No melee was done except when double rainbow (which we both twist in) proc'd flesh-to-stone or any other incap. Then one of us would charge up ki and Fury eternals. Otherwise, strictly ranged...

Compare full parties of 12 on EE, EH to our run which was

- eNormal!
    - scaled down to 2 toons
    - both the same build Monkcher in Fury,
    - well geared, properly feated and enhanced,
    - lots of previous experience running together and communicating in raids
    - both practiced soloers (Shataan much more than me, after all he's solo'd all soloable raids).

Bottom line, these builds are well-suited for short-manning the raid. They don't consume resources, other than scrolls (and supreme ability pots in the case of Lamannia). It was easier to coordinate killing times with Adrenalines (not to mention less chance of accidental party over-DPS'ing in last moments of the prep phase). We both have extra run speed (big advantage in there), sprint boost and abundant step for more urgent situations, high saves, improved evasion, Improved precise shot, etc... And we're used to playing together and/or soloing stuff.

Having been in the EE completion as well, I can assure you it wasn't easy. There is zero chance we'd complete without the resource consumption. So the duo completion doesn't nullify anything. Not only was the EE completion done in a reasonable time due to mana pots, but it was done PERIOD due to mana pots. As the raid stands now, it will be quite some time before we see a pot-free EE completion, and it would be a major accomplishment.
    Sicks and Tymn on Orien.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Teth or somebody should solo it quick - that may convince the devs to upgrade teh difficulty, but probably not.
    Done.

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=52

Quote Originally Posted by MattiG View Post
    Actually no... No melee was done except when double rainbow (which we both twist in) proc'd flesh-to-stone or any other incap. Then one of us would charge up ki and Fury eternals. Otherwise, strictly ranged...

Compare full parties of 12 on EE, EH to our run which was

- eNormal!
    - scaled down to 2 toons
    - both the same build Monkcher in Fury,
    - well geared, properly feated and enhanced,
    - lots of previous experience running together and communicating in raids
    - both practiced soloers (Shataan much more than me, after all he's solo'd all soloable raids).
    Since when do raids scale?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Since when do raids scale?
    They don't

Wow... Talk about laboring under misapprehensions! When U14 came out, I checked out several of the newly available epic difficulties and falsely assumed they were easier than their heroic versions due to scaling (was soloing, late night, no one on). I realize most everything on eN and eH is much easier than EE and many higher level Heroic Elites, but I felt like scaling was making a difference just going from solo to party in the same eN run on a few occasions. That must have been my own cognitive bias. Shame on me for not testing it objectively. Retracted!
    Sicks and Tymn on Orien.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaatan View Post
    Oh well, it was almost mathematical you could do it . Anyway Welldone!
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    - Add some SP regeneration mechanic. We are fighting eight bosses (11 with optional hard mode), a crystal with a lot of HP, and truly deadly trash.
    That's the hallmark of the Reaver raid that sets it apart from all other raids (except the terrifically slow Shroud regen.) I would be disappointed if it were not included in the raid in some fashion.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Community Member

Is there a thread which shows the epic raid equipment?

Storm

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

As some of you have noted, the Stormreaver's AI is currently broken. He is more fun to battle when he attacks back!

Also, there is a thread for the Raid Loot: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=405028

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MattiG View Post
    It was easier to coordinate killing times with Adrenalines (not to mention less chance of accidental party over-DPS'ing in last moments of the prep phase).
    Did I hear that correctly? Adrenaline is working on ranged again?
    Cannith, Slicing Blow. Vilenna (18/1/1 Clonkard), Marvala (20 monk), Phrenia (19/1 rogue/fighter), Malchara (12/6/2 AA), Denaria (18/2 ...wonk?)

Community Member

Yes Adrenaline works on ranged (on live too currently).

I've read that to access the raid, you head into the same area as The Reaver's Fate and talk to the Stormreaver, but when I go inside, the Stormreaver immediately aggros on me and I can't talk to him.

I've done The Reaver's Fate on Live, must I repeat it on Lamannia before I can access the raid?

Is this another one of those technical raids that less than 1% of people will ever run?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Is this another one of those technical raids that less than 1% of people will ever run?

Nope. Will there be a learning curve? Sure.

This raid is more about aggro management and group timing than anything, similar in theory to Shroud Part II.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by 20FootCezanne View Post
    I've read that to access the raid, you head into the same area as The Reaver's Fate and talk to the Stormreaver, but when I go inside, the Stormreaver immediately aggros on me and I can't talk to him.

I've done The Reaver's Fate on Live, must I repeat it on Lamannia before I can access the raid?
    It appears you have to reflag (I had to as well). I had to do Madstone, PoP,cabal and Tor on epic (no dragons), to gain access to the raid.

Once you have access, the Stormreaver bestows the quest in the Gianthold (he is standing at the bottom of the ramp) and when you click on the door, you will have 2 quest options, The Reaver's Fate and The Fall of Truth.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    I hope not. It's not that hard to grasp but it requires communication. It's adrenaline fun from start to end. No more piking.

11 guildies and friends who are all end game players multi trs/geared out/twisted out entered & released after 2-3 painful hours. With the storm reaver active and no ranged toons in our group it was a impossible joke, personally on wizard I had over 150 store potions 20 odd deaths each. Incoming damage is stupidly high, some lightning strikes hit me for 1500-2000 damage no toon has that kind of hp and mitigation to take that kind of incoming damage + throw in trash and breath/claw/tail attacks and fireballs from the truthful one. Stormreaver was spanking me constantly for 250-400 a swing and frying the party with random lightning strikes continually one shotting anyone who didnt have improved evasion or 1500hp.
    Im gonna guess and say the party would of consumed over 400 store sp potions 3 fvs 1cleric 1wizard rest were a tank and monks for dps.
    I drank over 30 sp potions to help get the truthful one to 40% hp while others also drank and dotted while all dps ranged him 1 person kiting the reaver. What does he have 5m or something? Everything had way too much hp they need to come down 25-50%. In its current state I do not see it being completed on live without burning 100s and 100s of potions or just a full party of ranged toons that can out run whatever they are kiting but still expect your pot consumption to be stupid high & spend well over 2hours of your time being constantly active. Need to add some kind of break points or dialog whatever to allow people time to get up get a drink move about etc can't force them to sit for hours on end dealing with over inflated hp.
    Currently you need to have improved evasion 800+ hp and full ranged capability or don't even bother entering on EE. It will become another lob pre motu where afew select guilds/channels get runs completed and the rest of the server gets to only do en/eh.
    Officer of Renowned

Thelanis

(Click here too check us out)

Polverizing The Wise, Dotting The Cleanser, Polarities The Undying, Sosage The Killer, Shootin The piercer & many more holders of items.

Default Level 1 end rewards?

If it has already been mentioned then disregard. I only got the choice of level 1 end rewards from Brawnpits after completing the "Fall of Truth"
    Originally Posted by grodon9999
    "I'm beginning to think a lot of people play this game because it's cheaper than paying for a Dominatrix."
    Disciplines Disciples - 24 Alts on Khyber and counting

u must be blooded to be able to run this?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123