Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 59
  1. #21

    Default

    How's that different from live?
    You know a lot of live players who throw back 100 store potions per raid?
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

  2. #22
    The Hatchery sirgog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    Keep in mind that a lot of players had recieved good loot the day before and taken advantage of the free leveling in the harbor so they had all destinies unlocked and was geared to the hilt.

    I think that some of the success comes from the fact that there was no limit to resources including the gear itself. That's not going to be the norm on live.
    I was on Migrane (on Khyber), not powered up by devs in any way. First life spellsinger in gear that was mostly close to best in slot at the 20 cap but hasn't changed much since except for my healing gear. (I was in one of my two best destinies, Draconic Incarnation, and got a lot of use of DI abilities)

    Really coordination was much more important than gear in the raid, and the group we had, while not used to playing with each other, were coordinated. It's much less of a gear check than EE VON6 and much more of a skill tester. A relatively ungeared character piloted by a player with good situational awareness is much better than a max-geared toon played by someone with only mediocre skill (where in say EE VON6 the exact opposite is true, the encounter is a hitpoint/healing/DPS check).
    Last edited by sirgog; 01-19-2013 at 01:11 AM.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

    I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

  3. #23
    Community Member Ginarrbrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    Keep in mind that a lot of players had recieved good loot the day before and taken advantage of the free leveling in the harbor so they had all destinies unlocked and was geared to the hilt.

    I think that some of the success comes from the fact that there was no limit to resources including the gear itself. That's not going to be the norm on live.
    This is a good point. I mean, the devs were throwing dozens of eSoS's, eRoSS's, +5 tomes, etc. on the ground for ppl to pick up. So that certainly helped. The devs wanted to be able to receive feedback from all difficulties. I have no illusions that we'll be treated so nicely when it hits live.

    But what it comes down to, and Sirgog touched on this, is that the raid requires communication and teamwork -- things that the game needs more of, in my opinion.
    ~ *Nikibrik* - The Prime Healer (All EDs Capped) | Brogburt - The Warlord (All EDs Capped) | Kallistie - The Arch Necromancer | Capricio - The Lore-keeper | Thorbim - The Outlaw ~
    Thelanis ~ <The True Path>

  4. #24
    Community Member MattiG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post

    Really coordination was much more important than gear in the raid, and the group we had, while not used to playing with each other, were coordinated. It's much less of a gear check than EE VON6 and much more of a skill tester. A relatively ungeared character piloted by a player with good situational awareness is much better than a max-geared toon played by someone with only mediocre skill (where in say EE VON6 the exact opposite is true, the encounter is a hitpoint/healing/DPS check).
    This is well-said and does an excellent job of distilling "requirements" and advantages. It was the people behind the keyboard, rather than their toons' attributes, that were the more critical reason for success.

    Cohesion, communication, and abilty to adapt to newly acquired information, etc...

    Your leadership deserves a lot of credit here as well. It made for a sort of "round table" experience where every idea or insight got due process (even the bad ones like body blocking the dragons... Sorr!). The group did a great job adapting to all that stuff on the fly without losing composure.

    on a side note, even if we'd wiped, it would have still been the most fun I've had in game in a long time. It was an honor and privelege to be a part of such a good group of people. A heartfelt thanks to each party member! And thanks to devs as well!
    Sicks and Tymn on Orien.

  5. #25
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,592

    Default

    I admit I haven't read anything, I don't want spoilers but I have one question:

    Is there any kind of running/wilderness to get to the Raid? Please tell me no.

  6. #26
    Community Member Beruria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    13

    Default

    No Wilderness you just drop down from the Normal Reavers Fate raid instance to the basement.

  7. #27
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beruria View Post
    No Wilderness you just drop down from the Normal Reavers Fate raid instance to the basement.
    Awesome. Can't want to see it live.

  8. #28
    The Hatchery sirgog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    I admit I haven't read anything, I don't want spoilers but I have one question:

    Is there any kind of running/wilderness to get to the Raid? Please tell me no.
    Yeah you enter via the same entrance as Reaver's Fate, walk up and talk to the Reaver, and there is an absolutely epic cut scene. At least it will be epic the first eleven times, after which it will be like TOD's equally epic the first time 'kill me now is it over' cut scene.

    The Reaver meant to trap the Truthful One, and so ol' Truthy responds by setting off HIS trap while Brawnpits watches (poor guy gets locked out by the anti-reentry barrier).
    Last edited by sirgog; 01-19-2013 at 04:47 AM.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

    I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

  9. #29
    Time Bandit & Hero SirShen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    EE is not easy - was in a group with a dev and she gave us 1000000 hp and we still died alot.
    2k lighting damage with one hit is OTT. Even with dev help she had to recall all of us to redo it on EN. Also i hate the death timer in EE WHY o WHY do they need 1.30min timer before you can get a raise. Its hard enough. After seeing it i know i wont be doing that raid on EE.

    I enjoyed the raid on EN, yes you do need a leader to tell you what to attack so you know what you are doing or it can be mad with all players running around. I feel sorry for the healers in that raid.

    I have to say i love the dragons. Looking forward to doing this on live on EN.

  10. #30
    Community Member Zerkul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pompei
    Posts
    1,310

    Default My biggest concern.

    Melee and Healer wise the raid is ok.

    Arcane DPS though is probably not viable here because on EE the various encounters are quite long... Arcanes on lamannia chain chugged major mnemonic potions using the free TP grant by "Sir Pointsalot" and the discount (90%) present on them in the store, so they were basically free endless mana.

    I don't know if that's the case, but that raid (for the length) might use a shrine somewhere.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

  11. #31
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,592

    Default

    What was the lenght of the raid on EN, EH and EE? I think time is a big concern in every raid (2+ hours EE CitW is simply ridicolous imho).

  12. #32
    Community Member Zerkul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pompei
    Posts
    1,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    What was the lenght of the raid on EN, EH and EE? I think time is a big concern in every raid (2+ hours EE CitW is simply ridicolous imho).
    The raid basically it's a very long almost uninterrupted fight. Probably with right coordination in a flawless run could last around 15-20 minutes (not sure though), but in our run it lasted something like 1 hour because we didn't know at start what to do and because we had to recover from various deaths (with death timer raise-lock-out).

    I also run out of the 200 silver flame pots i had into the inventory in there for different reasons, trying to resist as much as possible.

    EDIT: What i fear is that on an EE run with my sorcerer, using no maximize and empower, mana will not last till end (given i got bauble + epic ring of spellstoring) unless you decide to gimp that much your DPS to become almost irrelevant... for example usin' dots without metas (very poor DPS) or going pew pew with SLAs. At that point personally i'd take a monkarcher rather than a sorcerer for DPS.

    EDIT: Probably the only kind of longlasting decent DPS here would be a Shiradi Champion force spec.
    Last edited by Zerkul; 01-19-2013 at 07:39 AM.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

  13. #33
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zerkul View Post
    The raid basically it's a very long almost uninterrupted fight. Probably with right coordination in a flawless run could last around 15-20 minutes (not sure though), but in our run it lasted something like 1 hour because we didn't know at start what to do and because we had to recover from various deaths (with death timer raise-lock-out).

    I also run out of the 200 silver flame pots i had into the inventory in there for different reasons, trying to resist as much as possible.
    Your run was on EE right?

  14. #34
    The Hatchery sirgog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    What was the lenght of the raid on EN, EH and EE? I think time is a big concern in every raid (2+ hours EE CitW is simply ridicolous imho).
    Our EE completion took 54 minutes by the in-game quest timer (which is generally 5 minutes under).

    We started promptly, but had several recovery phases where we were not DPSing anything after near wipes. 44 deaths and each one takes someone out of the party for 120 seconds, with practice and a better understanding of both raid mechanics and gear expectations for characters there'll be a lot less deaths than that. (e.g. neither of our tanky types had Primal armor which is mandatory IMO).


    Our EH run was quicker, maybe 40 min, and will be farmable in 20 I expect in time. We didn't know what we were doing and didn't even realise the pairing of giants and dragons at first.

    In other words - expect similar completion times to Epic Lord of Blades, not Caught in the Web (which the group I run it with that has it 'on farm' on Khyber still takes 80 minutes for an EH 5-6 chest run).
    I don't have a zerging problem.

    I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

  15. #35
    Community Member Zerkul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pompei
    Posts
    1,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    Your run was on EE right?
    Yes, i was in Shade's party: we wiped at end because we didn't destroy crystal immediately.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

  16. #36
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MattiG View Post
    It's definitely soloable, already duo'd, although the dracolich ate us. Fortunately, a double rainbow proc killed it shortly thereafter.

    while its nice to see 2 melee duo the raid, it does nulify anyone stating it was only completed so quickly due to mana pots.

    casual and mediocrity ftw i guess

  17. #37
    Community Member Gleep_Wurp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    862

    Default ran it twice

    and freaking loved it.great job i really hope it works live and the pugs can swing it.
    again freaking loved it.

  18. #38
    Community Member Grosbeak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    7,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gleep_Wurp View Post
    and freaking loved it.great job i really hope it works live and the pugs can swing it.
    again freaking loved it.
    /signed

    I'm looking forward to running this raid constantly when it hits live. Still needs some tweaking to be sure, but boy was it fun.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

  19. #39

    Default

    - The three paired dragons:
    These have moderately dangerous melee attacks and a devastating breath.
    The breath attacks deal moderate amounts of damage and inflict a debuff that causes you to take a -50 Reflex save penalty and double incoming damage of their particular element. In other words, you do not want to be hit twice by it.
    The breath weapons do more than this. After our first run ended in complete butchery, I looked through the combat log, and the breath of confusion in addition to applying the reflex penalty also gave a long message about badger-men and other gibberish, and as a consequence my spell cooldown timers were being increased. Being dead, I couldn't say by how much, but I bet the other dragon breaths have some other tertiary effect as well.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

  20. #40
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    At Turbine HQ suggesting what to nerf next.
    Posts
    1,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    The breath weapons do more than this. After our first run ended in complete butchery, I looked through the combat log, and the breath of confusion in addition to applying the reflex penalty also gave a long message about badger-men and other gibberish, and as a consequence my spell cooldown timers were being increased. Being dead, I couldn't say by how much, but I bet the other dragon breaths have some other tertiary effect as well.
    After running this quite a few times on en, few in a group, and a few solo, i can conform the breath of confusion does double cooldowns of all spells for about 15 secs or so on a failed save. And for what its worth I failed my save on a dc check of 79 reflex last night in ee

    Edit: Btw the reflex penalty gradually is increased the more stacks of charge you have on you, its not a flat -50 right off the bat
    Last edited by xTethx; 01-19-2013 at 11:17 AM.
    Teth - Revenants

    Babysittin Francine so he dont die 24/7. I used to be good at this game.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload