Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    Not necessarily, if it drops on EN with the evasion property.
    hell it drops in heroic normal with the evasion property...

the rune arms don't have craftable on it
    missed or on purpose?
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    missed or on purpose?
    Most likely on purpose. None of the rune arms from Menace and U16 got craftability, either.

But at least these new ones got augment slots.

I think Cannith crafting is headed for a big overhaul, so they're no longer bothering.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    missed or on purpose?
    Past dev response has been that Cannith crafting and epic augment system don't play well together. May be the same case for the new system.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Glenalth View Post
    Past dev response has been that Cannith crafting and epic augment system don't play well together. May be the same case for the new system.
    Nope, they work fine together.
    That's why when you find a random-treasure item with a slot, you can disjunct it and craft on it, and it keeps the slot.

Cannith Crafting and named items do not play nicely with each-other, however. Craftable named items were an experimental idea in Update 11 and 12, and one which did not work out. It requires a large amount of effort for each item, and introduced a great many bugs. We've learned our lesson since then- Craftable on named items just isn't feasible or sustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    That's why when you find a random-treasure item with a slot, you can disjunct it and craft on it, and it keeps the slot.

Cannith Crafting and named items do not play nicely with each-other, however. Craftable named items were an experimental idea in Update 11 and 12, and one which did not work out. It requires a large amount of effort for each item, and introduced a great many bugs. We've learned our lesson since then- Craftable on named items just isn't feasible or sustainable.
    So no new craftable rune-arms, then? That's too bad. One of the reasons I've never replaced my Lucid Dreams is that it's hard to compete with the crafting slot (still haven't found a better way to fit Major Kinetic Lore on an arti, and Superior Kinetic Lore is basically impossible).

Plus, who can't help but love Pinchy the Quori? He's so CUUUUUTE!
    Last edited by dejafu; 01-21-2013 at 03:28 PM.
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

Ok, that makes sense since all the items in question before were named items. I think the post I'm thinking about was in response to having an epic augment that would add +X Craftable to an item.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Community Member bradleyforrest's Avatar

Since we're talking about the Cannith Crafting again, when is it going to be brought up to date? As it stands, it's largely only useful for low level characters. It would be nice to be able to make items that a 20+ character would care about.

Quote Originally Posted by bradleyforrest View Post
    Since we're talking about the Cannith Crafting again, when is it going to be brought up to date? As it stands, it's largely only useful for low level characters. It would be nice to be able to make items that a 20+ character would care about.
    I'm afraid I don't have any specific information on upcoming changes to Cannith Crafting. It's not a project I'm personally involved with, so I can't speak with regard to it.

I'm afraid I don't have any specific information on upcoming changes to Cannith Crafting. It's not a project I'm personally involved with, so I can't speak with regard to it.
    But there at least are upcoming changes and it is a project someone is working on?

It's a shame about named+CC, it would be nice to have an awesome item for dedicated crafters, but I completely understand.

Community Member bradleyforrest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTheHoon View Post
    But there at least are upcoming changes and it is a project someone is working on?

It's a shame about named+CC, it would be nice to have an awesome item for dedicated crafters, but I completely understand.
    What Bruce said. I know that a lot of resources went into it, and a lot of us have leveled crafting characters only to be left underwhelmed with what we can do with it.

that's a shame
    customizable rune arms have always been fun to mess around with
    that and the ability to mastercraft it for lower ML =\
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Community Member

I misspoke in regards to Manacles of Ceaseless Toil EH version. They are ML 24 Str 8 Con 8, Remove Exhaustion 3x a day. I don't do screenshots though.. sorry :/

Community Member

No one care I know, but what about the new rewards for the low level quest lines, Shan to kar, threnal, delera, catacombs....?

I'm actually quite curious about them

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Lauraliane View Post
    No one care I know, but what about the new rewards for the low level quest lines, Shan to kar, threnal, delera, catacombs....?

I'm actually quite curious about them
    This thread is for new items you want the one with changed items. (Not organized though so you have to do some digging)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    This thread is for new items you want the one with changed items. (Not organized though so you have to do some digging)
    Pretty sure half the stuff (or more) on page 1 existed before u17.. just in non-epic form.

Community Member

Added the boots to raid loot.

If they haven't the madstone proc (or something kinda better) they are kinda disappointing imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    Added the boots to raid loot.

If they haven't the madstone proc (or something kinda better) they are kinda disappointing imho.
    Why would you want the Madstone proc on a caster item?

Depending on how the temporary spellpoints stack, it could very well be the best item of the lot. With the Madstone proc it would barely be better than the ML 14 version. 2sp per time you are hit is almost a second stacking Torc, albeit with the time limit on the SP it can't be abused the way the Torc can. It's still way, way better than Concordant Opposition which is generally considered good.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Why would you want the Madstone proc on a caster item?

Depending on how the temporary spellpoints stack, it could very well be the best item of the lot. With the Madstone proc it would barely be better than the ML 14 version. 2sp per time you are hit is almost a second stacking Torc, albeit with the time limit on the SP it can't be abused the way the Torc can. It's still way, way better than Concordant Opposition which is generally considered good.
    You seriously want to wear that item in an EE? 6 SP regened with the proc are most likely = death with 3x 150+ dmg per hit (without a crit). For this same reason, Torc isn't best in slot anymore. Even the arrows in an EE are dangerous when doing 40+ dmg per hit but faster.

And also, Co-op isn't good at all. Too low proc, if there was something better to put on my Goggles I'd get rid of it right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    You seriously want to wear that item in an EE? 6 SP regened with the proc are most likely = death with 3x 150+ dmg per hit (without a crit). For this same reason, Torc isn't best in slot anymore. Even the arrows in an EE are dangerous when doing 40+ dmg per hit but faster.

And also, Co-op isn't good at all. Too low proc, if there was something better to put on my Goggles I'd get rid of it right away.
    It also says temporary spell points which makes it even worse. If you get hit twice in a row you still only get 2 sp, unless you cast a spell right inbetween.
    In your typical "torcing up" scenario they will be utterly useless.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast