Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Community Member

Charoush's Inferno. Epic normal PoP. Is it just me, or is this room terrible if you dont have evasion? (on epic hard, that is. didnt pull it on that run)
    Last edited by Scarious; 01-28-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarious View Post
    Is it just me,
    Yes. Fire Shield: Cold is your friend.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    Yes. Fire Shield: Cold is your friend.
    That or:

Fire shield: Cold +
    Firestorm Greaves +
    10 - 15 - 20% GS Fire Absorption weapon (if you are a caster and serious about running EE quests with lots of spells)

make that room a joke basically.

Or, if you are so worried about elemental dmg, twist Elemental Absorption from Shiradi and cast it on yourself for another 15% damage reduction fire, cold, electric, acid and sonic.

Or, if you can wear Heavy Armor, Firebreak is pretty good against Fire damage.

Or you can twist Sigil of Energy Negation from Magister for a stacking 60 Fire resist.

Plenty of options

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    That or:

Firestorm Greaves +
    10 - 15 - 20% GS Fire Absorption weapon (if you are a caster and serious about running EE quests with lots of spells)

Or, if you are so worried about elemental dmg, twist Elemental Absorption from Shiradi and cast it on yourself for another 15% damage reduction fire, cold, electric, acid and sonic.

Or you can twist Sigil of Energy Negation from Magister for a stacking 60 Fire resist.

Plenty of options
    Fair enough. It just caught me off guard when I was soloing with a pocket healer every other room easily, then I get there and the eles are spamming 270 point DBFs (on a failed save, of course, my tank was making most of his saves). wait a minute, that sounds oddly familiar

Twisted in energy sheathe, much easier now.

Community Member

Anyone know if the Gauntlets of Immortality regen stacks with the other regen sources? I know I was annoyed when I found that the ED regen seemed to kill the greater regen from my greensteel.

That or:

Firestorm Greaves +

Plenty of options
    The is also Cannith challenge flame cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuel View Post
    Potency 80? Just about as good as it can possibly be while remaining something no one will use. Thanks for the consistency devs!
    Yeah seems like the Potency 80 / Greater Spell Pen IX combo is on a LOT of items -_-
    ~ *Nikibrik* - The Prime Healer (All EDs Capped) | Brogburt - The Warlord (All EDs Capped) | Kallistie - The Arch Necromancer | Capricio - The Lore-keeper | Thorbim - The Outlaw ~
    Thelanis ~ <The True Path>

Default Apparently, my toon died!

Well, here's the EE version of Arkat's Cord:

The first phrase doesn't make much grammatical sense to me. Perhaps it should read "Found by a foe in Gianthold,..." As it reads now, the belt was found by a "slain foe" (undead? foe who was slain and then resurrected?). Weird.

Anyway, that's my item. I hope someone uses it besides me.

(BTW...I suggested the flavor text change (TY for making that change) and I also suggested a change from Toughness to Exceptional Combat Mastery +5 for the EN/EH versions and Exceptional Combat Mastery +7 for the EE version but no dice I guess.)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    The first phrase doesn't make much grammatical sense to me. Perhaps it should read "Found by a foe in Gianthold,..." As it reads now, the belt was found by a "slain foe" (undead? foe who was slain and then resurrected?). Weird.
    It's grammatically correct, just bit confusing. To make it less confusing, it should be: "Found next to a slain foe..."

sounds fine to me :P
    "found by a slain foe"
    found by a foe that you killed
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Community Member

I would probably have phrased it "Found on a slain foe". Would be much cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikuryo View Post
    I would probably have phrased it "Found on a slain foe". Would be much cleaner.
    maybe
    though that would be kinda misleading in thinking the foe you killed was Arkat

i'm under the assumption that the foe killed Arkat and took the cord, you then killed the foe and found the cord
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    maybe
    though that would be kinda misleading in thinking the foe you killed was Arkat

i'm under the assumption that the foe killed Arkat and took the cord, you then killed the foe and found the cord
    That was my thinking as well.

Could we, perhaps, get some clarification FoS?

Edit: rest suggested the following...

I'd have said "Found ON a slain foe..."

and "...this cloth belt's ORIGINAL owner..."
    I think I like those changes best.
    Last edited by Arkat; 02-01-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    (BTW...I suggested the flavor text change (TY for making that change) and I also suggested a change from Toughness to Exceptional Combat Mastery +5 for the EN/EH versions and Exceptional Combat Mastery +7 for the EE version but no dice I guess.)
    Combat mastery would have been redundant with the spare hand so its understandable why the devs did not go for your suggestion. Lately the devs have been creating items that give people multiple gear layout options. What will make or break many of the new items is whether or not the rare augments end up being any good when update 18 comes out.

Hopefully rare augments will include things like healing amp, +8 stats, +3 insightful stats and other goodies. Then an item like your belt with its multiple slots becomes very good rather than the take it or leave it item it is currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Kielbasa View Post
    Combat mastery would have been redundant with the spare hand so its understandable why the devs did not go for your suggestion.
    Redundant, yes. But I believe there are other belts with Toughness on them (lootgen perhaps?) but I could be wrong about that.

My goal was to create a belt MOST Monks would want. Not really sure what I got will be.

Hopefully rare augments will include things like healing amp, +8 stats, +3 insightful stats and other goodies.
    +7 and +2 are the best augments currently on Lamannia unfortunately. I think Tolero posted the full range of what Augments will be available, at least for U17 anyway. +3 and +8 were not included in her post.

Then an item like your belt with its multiple slots becomes very good rather than the take it or leave it item it is currently.
    I never said I didn't like the slots...I do! My concern is its utility for Monks. Toughness is a very common power on many items. Toughness becomes WAY more redundant than Exceptional Combat Mastery. Not only that but the EE version would have something no other item has - Exceptional Combat Mastery +7.

Last edited by SableShadow; 02-02-2013 at 05:00 PM.
    Brenna / Tzanna, The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent on Argo
    "As the party's resident trap expert ..." <dies with smug yet surprised expression on face>

Last edited by SableShadow; 02-02-2013 at 05:16 PM.
    Ascent on Argo
    "As the party's resident trap expert ..." <dies with smug yet surprised expression on face>

Community Member

Where you got that cloak and the Ring?

And all the others that you posted.

Where you got that cloak and the Ring?

And all the others that you posted.
    Squeak has a script running over on Llama right now; it populates the AH over time, so I'm just spamming search and taking screenies.
    Posting anything that looks like it changed to me, or is new.

Edit: raid ring and boots are from last night
    Last edited by SableShadow; 02-02-2013 at 05:11 PM.
    Ascent on Argo

Community Member

Missing the location of:

The mountain's fist
    Ring of Shadows
    Jeweled cloak

And also:

Dream vision EE is the new best in slot for melees. +3 over ship buffs.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast