Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default U17 Cleric Domains?

I was creating a cleric to try out the new lama and when in creation I came across an extra feat slot, my choices as human were Cleric of the Sovereign Host (Opens up Divine, Protection and Healing Domains) and Cleric of the Silver Flame (Divine, War, and Exorcism Domains).

Gonna create the character and see if it adds any spells to the list.

EDIT: No spells, enhancements, or domains effects in the current update build, it appear to be a placeholder for the enhancement pass.
    Last edited by TiranBlade; 01-17-2013 at 02:17 AM.

Argonnessen - Aruki 6 Monk (Main); Dayher 4 Artificer
    Canntih - Firryl 12 Fighter; Tiran 8 Fighter; Daher 4 Fighter/4 Monk

Lord of Blades Clerics get access to Divine, War and Artificer domains.

Edit: And even though it says nothing about it, the warforged cleric I rolled up is not getting the non-proficency penalty icon when using a greatsword.

Looks like a placeholder for the Enhancement revamp.

In an unrelated note it looks like they're working on making the higher tier dragonmarks into enhancments.
    Last edited by QuantumFX; 01-17-2013 at 02:18 AM.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

It does indeed look as if it is a place holder, and so far, I find it interesting. I like the concept of having at least some idea of what my character would follow without having to look at the current enhancement trees.

Dragonmarks getting moved to the enhancement tree still seems like an awesome idea to me!

Argonnessen - Aruki 6 Monk (Main); Dayher 4 Artificer
    Canntih - Firryl 12 Fighter; Tiran 8 Fighter; Daher 4 Fighter/4 Monk

Looks like elven clerics of the Undying Court get Divine, Protection, and Deathless.
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

Finally!

Is anyone else seeing free weapon proficencies? (ex. Silver Flame/Sov Host on non-elves, Scimitars on Elves)
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    Is anyone else seeing free weapon proficencies? (ex. Silver Flame/Sov Host on non-elves, Scimitars on Elves)
    Free martial proficiency longsword on a dwarf for sovereign host.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    a powerful ally able to play in any role that the group needs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonbLF-NMZg

I found this...

Healing Domain - For each action point spent in this tree, you gain 1 Light Spell Power and 15 Positive Energy Spell Power
    My guess has it that Domains will be done as Trees that a cleric can train instead of Radiant Servant/Warpriest/Whatever.
    [REDACTED]

after the edit a bit irrelevant and off-topic:
    while Dol Dorn's Champion does grant proficiency with long swords, the icons in the inventory and on the hot-bars stay yellow framed. at least for me.
    Last edited by sesobebo; 01-17-2013 at 05:08 AM. Reason: replaced the wrongness with the rightness

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

Oh, f**k yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Dwarf - Sovereign Host - Longsword
    Dwarf - Silver Flame - Longbow
    Half-Elf - Sovereign Host - Longsword
    Half-Elf - Undying Court - Scimitar
    Half-Orc - Sovereign Host - Longsword
    Half-Orc - Silver Flame - Longbow
    Warforged - Lord of Blades - Greatsword

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    Looks like a placeholder for the Enhancement revamp.
    Yes. These appear to have snuck out a little early, so there may still be some minor quirks. Each of the deity feats grant passive proficiency in their deity's favored weapon.

Other details are still subject to change / further development.

if clerics are gonna get domains PLEASE do the extra spell (if you have 3 domains only will have 1 total extra spell per lvl LOL) swappable, so there's more versatility, i don't like mass cure X wounds as example, i would take prolly any other spell
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Yes. These appear to have snuck out a little early, so there may still be some minor quirks. Each of the deity feats grant passive proficiency in their deity's favored weapon.

So, are we talking about Update 17 or further out in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    if clerics are gonna get domains PLEASE do the extra spell (if you have 3 domains only will have 1 total extra spell per lvl LOL) swappable, so there's more versatility, i don't like mass cure X wounds as example, i would take prolly any other spell
    i think those are there as an implementation of spontaneous casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post

Dude, can you even fathom how much profit will you get if (when) you get the enhacement pass done and working?

Every little bit of info slipped lately looks great.

Eladrin, we know your team is doing double time both working on the current enhancements and enhancementsNext with regards to anything you add to live plus keeping the code trees separate. We also know us community people went all ballistic with the MotU bugs and our wailingAndTeethGnashingAndCryingThatWeWillSmitePeo pleDueToBugs so you guys want to bake enhancementsNext for a much longer time. We understand... this is partially due to our outcry.

Regardless of the buggnashers... a lot of us would like to see the new enhancements hit sooner because no matter how much preparation, there's going to be bugs and there's going to be complaints and balance passes. Maybe the best way to push this through is to get Madfloyd or whoever's currently doing his producer job to open a poll/discussion with the community to let them know BIG&NEW&NEXT can come sooner if we're willing to deal with changesAndNotWorkingsAndBalancing in a larger chunk then if you bake the stuff another two to three to four modules internally.

I'd prefer the NEW NOW even if means some more OUCH than normal. At least your team could stop doing heroic changes doubletime and us players could have more say earlier in the design.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

That's not how Domains... or Spontaneous Spell Casting that clerics can do works. At base a Cleric and Wizard have the same spells known, but you'll notice a Cleric has one extra known at all levels save 9th. That's because to represent the ability to always sacrifice an existing spell for a 'Cure' spell turbine instead gave clerics an extra slot and auto prepped it with Cure. You're not losing anything by having that there. They also managed to stop foolish people from actually prepping Cure on a cleric when they never should.
    [REDACTED]

Quote Originally Posted by Matsu_Ieyasu View Post
    Dwarf - Sovereign Host - Longsword
    Dwarf - Silver Flame - Longbow
    Half-Elf - Sovereign Host - Longsword
    Half-Elf - Undying Court - Scimitar
    Half-Orc - Sovereign Host - Longsword
    Half-Orc - Silver Flame - Longbow
    Warforged - Lord of Blades - Greatsword
    So...junky weapon, incongruous weapon, junky weapon, good weapon, junky weapon, incongruous weapon, good weapon.

These need some adjusting, me thinks.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

That spell should only be for cure spells for domains they need to add another slot

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast