Default Returning player-Halfling TWF

Hi everyone,

I am returning to DDO after a long absence. I played for a bit right around when f2p started. I just started a halfling fighter using the whirlwind path. I'm rereading everything because it's been so long, but I was hoping to get some advice on how to spend the action points, and anything else that might be helpful.

Far beyond the ravens gate

from what ive heard the whirlwind attack isnt working as it should, so readeverything you can about it on the forums before you make your choices

You don't qualify for the Stalwart Defender Prestige Enhancement (PrE), so take the Kensei line. Your other major league enhancement as a fighter is Haste Boost.

Halfling-wise you can get 8 sneak attack damage, which is pretty nice, but because it requires the pretty useless sneak attack to-hit line as well, it gets very very pricey at 20 AP.

The two most important recent developments are Epic Destinies and the overhaul of the armor system. ED won't matter until you reach 20, and in general you benefit by trying out all the destinies anyway, so not a lot to say there except that it's awesome and ridiculously powerful. The armor system basically went from "to-hit - AC" to "to-hit / AC", split Dodge off into its own hit/miss resolution, and introduced the PRR mechanic which makes it so that when you are hit, you will not be hit as hard if you are wearing heavier armor (that you are proficient in). The net of all of this is that fighters generally shouldn't run around in pajamas anymore; heavy armor alone can provide non-negligible damage mitigation. An additional change is that instead of full plate is full plate is full plate, there are many new and exciting varieties. These changes are also reflected (cloudily) in named armors.