Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Epic Gianthold and TR xp

To me, this would seem like a particularly good time to raise the point about heroic completions counting for epic penalties.

There are currently 20 level 13 and 14 quests, 11 of them are Gianthold quests. Even if I'm running a full bravery streak, and only run a quest once per difficulty, in heroic, and again in epic levels to minimise repetition penalties, the chances are more than good that I'll want to go back and run some of these quests additional times for loot, xp, or fun.

This fun is going to be rather hampered by a 7th repetition experience penalty, after running these quests the bare minimum to get full bonuses whilst leveling.

Dev's PLEASE consider the following options
    - code epic quests to have separate repetition counters from their heroic versions
    - reset repetition counters when a character takes level 20
    - reset of XP repetition penalties on hitting 25
    - adjust the xp curve for TR's
    - reduce the xp requirements for TR's
    - increase the xp rewards in higher level quests
    - increase challenge xp back towards pre-nerf levels.
    Last edited by fTdOmen; 01-16-2013 at 09:53 PM.

/signed
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    - code epic quests to have separate repetition counters from their heroic versions
    /signed
    Nerdrage/Endgame ~ Sarlona
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!

This, or just a one-time reset of XP repetition penalties on hitting 25. Would solve everything really.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    This, or just a one-time reset of XP repetition penalties on hitting 25. Would solve everything really.
    I like this one!
    /signed

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

good idea, i'll add that to the op too.

- Change repeat xp to reset after, say, 7 days. (although no repeat of 1st time + bravery bonus) Make xp repeat penalties keep acrueing after reaching xp cap in compensation.

This would achieve a few things:
    1 - People wont be umming and ahhing over "if i do this now, i cant do it at epic"
    2 - People wont go hunting for ways to farm a quest 1000x in 1 minute, meaning dev time doesnt need to be wasted nerfing said quests
    3 - People who get "stuck in a rut" if they group with friends who are a level or two ahead will have a fall back of simply waiting a week if they truely fubar their legend life.
    4 - Optimal destiny levelling xp will become "stuff i've not done this week", rather than "quest i have set aside and kept in virginal state"

7 days is long enough to keep it from influencing TRing, so there is no "power creap" at the "pro" end of the scale. It should be about the right length of time for a casual first lifer to effectively reset between heroic and epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    We like the fact it’s a choice as suppose to, “hell we just kill yonder dragon cause we’re OP”.
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I say we take off and nerf the whole game from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

why heroics and epics arent separate, i dont know. we definitely need more non epic quest options to avoid repeat penalties, especially in the level 10-20 range. i can avoid heroic Carnival, but its going to be a pain in the rear when i have to limit/avoid Von and GH when there just isnt many other quests and also quests with decent xp. its quite tough for a 3+ TR. i shouldnt have to milk every drop of xp from other quests and theres only so much slayer i can handle.

Problem with this is you can't use those quests for leveling from 20-25 then. (Except first time bonuses). I wouldn't design the XP-system for optimal destiny farms at cap only. The reset could be an addition to the seperate counters of heroic and epic though.
    Bruyak ~ Razahe ~ Duzzared ~ Marwachine ~ Hukwaller
    Mitis Mors|Thelanis

/signed, this **** needs fixing. It's a major reason why I'm not in game much anymore.
    Real life is a worse grind than any MMO.
    Sarlona:
    Tirisha 25 FVS, Aierian 25 MNK, Girltank 18 FTR/ 2PALLY/5 EPIC, Seidra 25 SORC, Wikka 20 WIZ, Kylexi 20 PALLY, Stephony 20 Bard

I like the "ransack timer" system mentioned upthread. Essentially letting you run a quest once a day forever without penalty, but more than 7 times in 7 days (or whatever the ransack limit actually is) you then get ransacked on xp, say starting at -90% and gradually approaching zero at the same time the chest would actually be empty.

This is by far my preferred choice. It would kill the mind-numbing rusted blades farm, which I have used plenty but hate. A weekly VON3 xp ransack sounds way more fun and engaging, as you actually play the game (a little, anyway) instead of crouching on a bell in sneak mode. It would also self-correct the heroic vs epic completions issue by design.

My second (much less desired) vote would be to reset all repetition counters at 20, not 25. As stated, resetting at 25 means you still want to avoid VON3 and GH during heroic levels to make it quicker to get to 25. Right now, there should be enough xp to get from 20 to 25 doing a single eHard run of every epic quest, though you might need to do a few message-collections to help finish you off. With the introduction of eGH it will be much easier.

No matter what, something needs to be done now that GH is epic. That's a massive hole in leveling xp for legend builds if you can only run GH once on elite for bravery. Are we to run Attack on Stormreach 237 times to compensate?

If you could decouple the bravery streaks for heroic and epic at very least that would be super. As in, once on heroic elite for bravery and then a second time on epic hard for bravery.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Jesus Christ, you know that GH will be epic, and with amount of quests in game you can do everything just once (no penatlies but no 1st time bonus on epic) and still cap 3rd + life toon.
    YOU DON'T NEED TO FARM GH.

But anyway, I'll sing, because I still feel that repeating penatlies at acp are stupid.

so,

/signed

Community Member

Still love getting no XP on epic VoN 5 because I ran it like 4 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Jesus Christ, you know that GH will be epic, and with amount of quests in game you can do everything just once (no penatlies but no 1st time bonus on epic) and still cap 3rd + life toon.
    YOU DON'T NEED TO FARM GH.
    You cannot cap a third life TR by simply running everything once on elite. even with bravery + greater tomes and 30% pots, and voice, and 5% shrine.

For the record though, you do need to do hard + normal, or farm challenges, or farm slayers + challenges.

I'm not sure how you can argue with the logic 11/20 level 13/14 quests, and a one run per difficulty (which is required to cap a double tr, even with bravery)

Sure people could avoid using them for epic leveling, but not everyone has every pack, and this current system is very broken.

I'm not here to advocate farming something ad nauseum though, I just feel that a 7th repetition penalty at cap, for running a quest once per difficulty to level up is not fun, and is bad design.

Thanks for singing though

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamas View Post
    Problem with this is you can't use those quests for leveling from 20-25 then. (Except first time bonuses). I wouldn't design the XP-system for optimal destiny farms at cap only. The reset could be an addition to the seperate counters of heroic and epic though.
    You won't really come up with issues here.

The only quests that are good for both heroic and epic farming are VON3, Fathom the Depths, Claw of Vulkoor (maybe), Snitch (maybe) and Lords of Dust. (I may have forgotten one)

But 20-25 doesn't feel oppressive if you can run those quests once on each Epic difficulty without penalty.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

You cannot cap a third life TR by simply running everything once on elite. even with bravery + greater tomes and 30% pots, and voice, and 5% shrine.

For the record though, you do need to do hard + normal, or farm challenges, or farm slayers + challenges.

I'm not sure how you can argue with the logic 11/20 level 13/14 quests, and a one run per difficulty (which is required to cap a double tr, even with bravery)

Sure people could avoid using them for epic leveling, but not everyone has every pack, and this current system is very broken.

I'm not here to advocate farming something ad nauseum though, I just feel that a 7th repetition penalty at cap, for running a quest once per difficulty to level up is not fun, and is bad design.

Thanks for singing though
    Well, I never had to farm anything (except litany).

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Yeah, this really needs looking into. Mostly because it's annoying to have to stay away from certain quests while xp-levelling in order to get decent xp for ED-levelling. The point of having all these cool quests is surely that we can play them, not that we stay away from them.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Dev's PLEASE consider the following options
    - create a new tradable P2W DDO Store item so while LFM will go on dead we can have at least some fun reading #cannithtrade
    Proud member of Lotusfly's squelch list!

This is good.

/Signed

I agree with this.

I am a programmer (I can set the alarm on my cell phone)...so I know this is easy to do.

Ok...I may not be a programmer, but I do pay to play this game and I think this would be a nice thing to do.
    Bacab Warforged 18 Arty (Active) Hjealer Dwarven Battle Cleric 10CLR/1FTR
    Atropine Human 11 WIZ/1ROG (Active)
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast