Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default Please check my math...

    SO I just hit GMoF 5 with my monk. I switched to LD to twist in Legendary Tactics and started eyeing Sense Weakness in FoTW. I checked Wiki and it looks like I will need a total of 12 fate points to twist in a Tier 4 ability (Sense Weakness) and a Tier 1 ability (Legendary Tactics). I currently have 4 fate points thanks to a +2 Tome of Fate, so I will need 8 more. I will get 1 fate point for every 3 Destiny Levels, so to get 8 fate points I need 24 Destiny Levels. So it looks like I will need to work through 4 levels of LD, then 3 levels in Shiradi Champion, 3 in Primal avatar and 4 in FoTW. However, that only gives me 14 Destiny Levels. I would have 19 total Destiny Levels and 8 Fate Points. So then I have to get 4 levels of Shadowdancer, 4 levels of Fatesinger, and 3 of either Magister or Draconic Incarnation. Total would be 30 Destiny Levels and 10 Fate Points, and add the +2 from the Tome of Fate and...finally. Am I calculating this right?

    It took me 6 months to get to GMOF 5. At that rate and if my math is correct, I'll get the two twists I want sometime in 2016...wonderful. I sure hope DDO is still around in 3 years.

  2. #2
    Hero
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Andoris's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ghallanda
    Posts
    1,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valthanas View Post
    SO I just hit GMoF 5 with my monk. I switched to LD to twist in Legendary Tactics and started eyeing Sense Weakness in FoTW. I checked Wiki and it looks like I will need a total of 12 fate points to twist in a Tier 4 ability (Sense Weakness) and a Tier 1 ability (Legendary Tactics). I currently have 4 fate points thanks to a +2 Tome of Fate, so I will need 8 more. I will get 1 fate point for every 3 Destiny Levels, so to get 8 fate points I need 24 Destiny Levels. So it looks like I will need to work through 4 levels of LD, then 3 levels in Shiradi Champion, 3 in Primal avatar and 4 in FoTW. However, that only gives me 14 Destiny Levels. I would have 19 total Destiny Levels and 8 Fate Points. So then I have to get 4 levels of Shadowdancer, 4 levels of Fatesinger, and 3 of either Magister or Draconic Incarnation. Total would be 30 Destiny Levels and 10 Fate Points, and add the +2 from the Tome of Fate and...finally. Am I calculating this right?

    It took me 6 months to get to GMOF 5. At that rate and if my math is correct, I'll get the two twists I want sometime in 2016...wonderful. I sure hope DDO is still around in 3 years.
    Or wait for the next bonus epic xp weekend, buy a 30% xp pot or two and farm dun'ro'bore for 6-8 hours.

    I am sure your method will be a lot more fun... but dun'ro'bore is faster :-)

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quick update on this. It didnt take long at all to get to the max experience amount (to stop the repeat penalty). I got to that point by early February just by doing all the quests in Menace of the Underdark 3-4 times and the ones from the Shadow series. I stayed at 23 to avoid the repeat penalties on House of Rusted Blades (i.e. Dun RoBar) and then went to work. Once I was maxed experience I ran HoRB 5-6 times a day, for 5 days a week. It took me on average 50 runs to get from rank 0 to rank 4 in any Destiny and about 65 runs to get to Rank 5. I was shooting for twists on my monk of 4/2/1 of Sense Weakness, Lithe and Legendary Tactics so 18 total Fate Points was needed. I'm currently on the home stretch and working on Exhalted Angel to get my last fate point. So far I've reach Rank 4 in all Destinies and Rank 5 in GMoF, LD, FoTW and Shadow Dancer.

    When I initially started this grind, I had no idea how fast the experience comes with HoRB. With a 50% potion and being a VIP I was able to get around 29,000 experience per run. I included a couple slayer quests in the Underdark as well to help out (just killed everything on my way to the quest entrance). It is very boring doing the same quest over and over, but you cant beat 29,000 exp for 6 minutes of work (the 6 minutes includes the running back and forth and an occassional vendor dump) on Normal. I'm just glad my two other characters wont need 18 Fate points for their desired twists...I dont think I could run HoRB much more. And with the level cap going to 28 in the next few months, I'll have new content to look forward to with my fully twisted monk.

    Can something really be boring but fun at the same time?

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    216

    Default

    If you care for some advice regarding Rusted blades, if you skip looting the chest and just kill the boss (by ranging him from the SW corner) you can get runs done in ~2min.

    Also, are you actually running back to the quest to turn it in? Most people will just window farm it, since in the time it takes you to go turn it in and return, you've lost 1-2 runs (40-60k xp).
    Ceruleus ~ Nnomad ~ Nnia ~ Nnurgh ~ Cynnical
    Cannith

  5. #5

    Default

    Yeah, I generally wait for 20% epic bonus weekends, load up on the free house c 5% xp pots and toss up an lfm. Combined with voice of the master and 5% ship buff I get 23,535 per run, each run takes roughly 2:17. As in, I ring the belll every 137 seconds, sustained.

    Each hour I take a smoke break, stretch the legs, bio/drink, and replensish the xp ship buff. That means I get in 23 runs per hour, which is 541k xp per hour or 9k/minute sustained.

    Back in the day I used to solo Buying Time for 14.4k per 5:00 run, doing 10 per hour for 144k or 2.4k/min. Thankfully the devs nerfed that xp into the ground, since it was so clearly way too much! (It's worth 800/minute since the nerf.)

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nni View Post
    If you care for some advice regarding Rusted blades, if you skip looting the chest and just kill the boss (by ranging him from the SW corner) you can get runs done in ~2min.

    Also, are you actually running back to the quest to turn it in? Most people will just window farm it, since in the time it takes you to go turn it in and return, you've lost 1-2 runs (40-60k xp).
    I pretty much run solo, so unless there is a way to solo window farm (if there is I will feel real dumb) I have to hoof it back and forth.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valthanas View Post
    I pretty much run solo, so unless there is a way to solo window farm (if there is I will feel real dumb) I have to hoof it back and forth.
    In that case, Impossible Demands is better xp/minute than Rusted Blades, and VON3 is probably far better than either of them. Snitch might be better too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload