Community Member

Default Smites not regenerating?

I just got smite evil in the ED, but they don't regenerate as stated in the description. Am I missing something or is it WAI?

Community Member

Nope, they are not regenerating. And I have to assume it is not working as intended because the skill itself says that it will regenerate.

And it is still not working... *sigh*

just for clarification, I am a 20th lvl rogue w/ ED Unyielding Sentinel; I'm able to get smite evils, but in the description it does say they reginerate at the rate of 90 seconds. They don't, it does not work. Also, its very difficult to tell if there is actually extra dmg being applied when using my smite evil, lots like a normal attack to me w/ no damage bonus. I do see a visual effect, but not a big dmg amount like the "Contront any foe"

For me they regenerate on my paladin. Haven't tested with any other class yet.
    Proud officer of Spellbinders: http://spellbinders.shivtr.com/
    Lyrandar(EU)->Devourer(EU)->Cannith

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astarii View Post
    just for clarification, I am a 20th lvl rogue w/ ED Unyielding Sentinel; I'm able to get smite evils, but in the description it does say they reginerate at the rate of 90 seconds. They don't, it does not work. Also, its very difficult to tell if there is actually extra dmg being applied when using my smite evil, lots like a normal attack to me w/ no damage bonus. I do see a visual effect, but not a big dmg amount like the "Contront any foe"
    I suspect that, unfortunately, like lay on hands, smite evil is simply calculating damage based on your paladin level alone. The attack bonus is charisma based, but damage is just paladin levelx2 or something. So your additional damage is 0. (Woo.)

Community Member

i think you need to be good to use it

I have it on my cleric. confirm it does not regenerate. the smite attack animation works, and the attack is an arc attack like cleave. I have not seen big damage numbers however. so I assume it does not add extra damage, just extra to-hit.

Community Member

Doesn't work for me, and hasn't in few months. Smites don't recharge, I think I was getting the bonus to hit and damage. Not sure as I reset tree, a bunch. Will have to reset tree to take it again.

Lv 25, brb/ftr/rog, human, Ch. good, great sword.

I will chime in that the smites on the Exalted Angel, Smite the Wicked, which uses a timer and not charges, does work.