Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

I wouldn't mind if it was a bit shorter, however the jumping is not an issue for me.

As far as 'mario' skills go, they are still nothing compared to a true arcade style game, not even close. This game needs a bit of twitch or it will get boring .. just say 'no' to everything determined by a boring dice roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    There's a cloak in sands with ff as well, I do mean scrolls, which are sold in the market, umd 20, if you don't have umd angers step has it as a clicky. There are multiple options. Though honestly with how much xp is available at low level, I'm shocked anyone argues for doing vale pre 18.
    If there is a group for vale quests I do it pre 18.
    Dont feel like carrying anger step just for cc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    If there is a group for vale quests I do it pre 18.
    Dont feel like carrying anger step just for cc.
    It's fine if you don't feel like carrying it, but don't complain that it's a quest design problem when you just don't want to carry the right items to fix your problem. Besides me another person gave you a list of ways to solve your gearing problem.

It's fine if you don't feel like carrying it, but don't complain that it's a quest design problem when you just don't want to carry the right items to fix your problem. Besides me another person gave you a list of ways to solve your gearing problem.
    Lol,so its my fault because I bounce of the wall?

There are just a few points where you can bounce. Once you learn which ones they are, you can avoid bouncing easily.

Always have ff on my boots so when I put ff on I lose 30% striding.
    This complaint is your gear problem.

The geometry is glitched, however, considering many can do the quest without bouncing, yes.

Drinking the One-Eared Bugbear out of ale.

Lets just install one of these

on korthos island that takes people directly to level 25 in eveningstar, with full favour, max elite streak, and full sets of EE gear. That way noone ever needs to complain about having difficulty with any of the quests ever again. OP, I hope you were trolling and not serious, otherwise I have even less faith in the future of ddo, seeing as the devs already pandered to the lowest common denominator by removing crucible.

Hmmm.....I just chimed in...first look at this thread so sorry for any reiterations made by other repliers.....

Well......this quest is great......true it is not so casual friendly....but we are talking about a raid where for TR's and even people who are done TR'ing...items that are very effective still in end game.....I do not see why the path to GS should be easy.

This is a p2p area......it's insanely powerful.......and it is bound to a whole raid schematic.

I am sorry......

/but totally unsigned in quadruplicate

Such power should not be given easily...and btw OP...this quest used to be way way way way way way harder.

I love this quest as is...I loved this quest the way it was before too.....but then I love The Pit as well.

Don't change it devs please...I consider this quest a classic....let the people afraid of a challenge have to struggle thru it.......or give them a "setting below casual I want it free" difficulty.

I truly believe this quest makes new players better...and experienced players willing to lead them thru it great.

Scratt for president!!!!

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

The trick if anything is to stay on the centre side rather than the wall side of the platforms as you head up. Means you hit your head and get propelled off far less often.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Quote Originally Posted by stretchcore View Post
    Lets just install one of these

on korthos island that takes people directly to level 25 in eveningstar, with full favour, max elite streak, and full sets of EE gear. That way noone ever needs to complain about having difficulty with any of the quests ever again. OP, I hope you were trolling and not serious, otherwise I have even less faith in the future of ddo, seeing as the devs already pandered to the lowest common denominator by removing crucible.
    They'll probably sell completionist soon just to pander farther.

I haven't read all 5 pages, but to the OP, I like Coelescence Chamber (even on my caster) and would not want to see it removed. It is a tad long, but otherwise I think it's a good, fun challenge. This is just a quest where it's helpful to learn some of the tricks to make the run smoother. To be honest, even though I've run this a ton of times I still keep a map from DDO Wiki open while running it, because I think it's a tad too long and I want to avoid any wasted time getting turned around, or going the wrong way. With that issue resolved, I enjoy this quest. So...

/Not signed.
    Aryk Stoutheart, Paladin - Sarlona
    Rindyl Twirliblade, Elven Swashbuckler - Sarlona
    Vyyndar Stoutheart, Vanguard Paladin - Argo

The geometry is glitched, however, considering many can do the quest without bouncing, yes.

Thats like saying its my fault if air eles knock me around,I should range them.

/not signed

for practically every reason why people aren't getting behind this.

Sad to see Memnir's posts like that...
    Sarkiki - Orexis - Pallikaria - Epithymia - Musouka - Empnefsi | Cannith Server

Sure the quest can a huge PITA, but there is no reason why it should go.

I absolutely hated that quest the first time I ran it. I was sweating and cussing at my monitor.

BUT..............that is one of the quests that makes this game such an enjoyment for me. It isn't an easy button quest.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

Should not be a flagging quest. This game does Mario really poorly. The physics are really bad. You can stand on invisible pixels. Bounce off walls. Hit your head on invisible ledges. and the quest itself is really boring even if you dont fall.

Cool Someone said MARIO!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePrincipal View Post
    Should not be a flagging quest. This game does Mario really poorly. The physics are really bad. You can stand on invisible pixels. Bounce off walls. Hit your head on invisible ledges. and the quest itself is really boring even if you dont fall.
    Where is Mario I heard his name I'll get him this time and his strange dinosaur friend too!!!!!!

What's that...oh we were just commenting on Mario's ability to jump and land on things without falling into a black hole pit to his death. Well then...Your right this isn't Mario and Turbine is not Nintendo and no one can match my evil genius when it comes to how to challenge players. Start easy with giant platforms and then add swiming and lava in at later points followed by ever shrinking platforms and various baddies and traps to make landing on that 1x1 square even harder. Yes it's a brilliant plan even Dracula in castlevania and mother brain in Metroid tried it. Lets not forget Dr. Robotnik and that blue spiny haired creature he fought too whatever his name was.

The point is Velah, the abbot, the netherese, Lollth and all the other baddies here just can't quite make a dungeon like me the King of the Koopa's the one and only the soon to be ruler of the entire mushroom kingdom Bowser!

Bowserkoopa,

In an attempt to say something related to the thread again possibly, no I don't think this should be removed as a flagging quest and replaced with Acid Wit or Mired in Kobolds. Also bad guys rule.

Keeper of Keenbean's Heart

I'm one of those strange people that actually likes Coal Chamber.

I like to Solo it........

I like to run it with guildies or in channel....

That being said

I will not pug it and would not have an issue if it wasnt a flagging quest for shroud.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Firepants View Post
    I know it's easy, that doesn't make it any less cruddy of a quest. It's just a dumb, tedious, bland, slog through some ugly caverns replete with horrible ramps that you can't jump too high on for fear of having to start form the stupid bottom again. It's junk.

It's the type of scenario that would have your players walking out the door if you ran it in a real life D&D game.
    You're not arguing for the removal of a 'cruddy quest'. You're arguing for the removal of a quest that doesn't fit your playstyle.
    Your sentiments are understandable, but that's hardly a valid reason for the quest to be removed, or even changed.
    Lots of us not only love it, but can clear it quickly; Though, the same is true for Pit and Crucible as well, of course.

..noone really likes Spies, unless they're masochists. ;P

And even that last one, I wouldn't have changed. Uniqueness is good.

On the flip side, challenging quests being prerequisites for something else can be a problem, and I can't fault the devs, or players, for desiring to change that [ala the crucible flagging drop].

So that may be an option; Say, Shroud flagging becomes [any 3 of the 5 quests run, plus the existing favor requirements, meaning you could just run on elite for the total you need, if you want to skip a quest].
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Community Member EnjoyTheJourney's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    There are just a few points where you can bounce. Once you learn which ones they are, you can avoid bouncing easily.
    Knowing when to jump and how high, and when not to jump, is not a skill challenge. It's a memory challenge and an unfortunate metaphor for what it's like to make mission progression dependent on Mario skills.

Why challenge players to remember esoteric tricks like exactly when to jump and how high, and when not to jump? I don't see what's fun about that.

Given that some like the quest, I'd not be in favor of removing it from the game. Given the nature of the quest and that a lot of players find it to be an unpleasant chore, I'd be happy to see CC dropped as a flagging quest for Shroud.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast