Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 139
  1. #41
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arminius View Post
    This thread is depressing.

    The quest is called Coalescence Chamber, right, but there is more than one chamber. The quest isn't called ChamberS. Please make the quest one room, we step forward to trigger, cast an ice storm, wait 14 seconds, collect loot.

    Actually, stepping forward is too hard. Please just give single room with chest in it, at arm's length. Actually, chests require a separate step to open them. Please invent a loot bucket instead, so we don't have to go to the trouble to open the lid. Oh, and don't make us run to the quest, pls put door in Harbor. No, better, please put door on Guild ship. But the door is a separate step, so please skip that step and please put chest on Guild ship. Kthxbai.

    I'm going to make a thread about Detour. It is ok, but too long and too many fights. It would be more rational and straightforward if the, you know, detour was removed. Please get on that asap.

    I guess you'd have to rename it, what, Road? Hey, just the price of progress.
    Dont forget Time Sync of the Damned.

    All these keystrokes needed to log in are time consuming, they should be removed.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  2. #42
    Community Member Orratti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    lol Too funny OP. Three pages already as well.

  3. #43
    Community Member squishwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,264

    Default

    Coal Chamber is tedious.

    As a matter of fact, I ran it not too long ago with one of my toons in a PUG. I said to them, "In virtually every group I've been in here, by the time we're two-thirds of they way into the quest, the group is completely scattered." Sure enough, about at that mark, we had three groups of people running around, with only one group of them knowing exactly where they were, and where they needed to go next.

    Plus, with one shrine and lots of potential respawns, it is the true test of any wizzy or sorc to be able to run that on elite even with a group, and still have SP for the boss fight.

    Which is why removing it from Shroud flagging would be totally insane. I mean, I hate running CC. But removing it from raid flagging would be a crime. Just like removing Crucible from flagging in Gianthold is kinda dumb (I hate that one too). They require the group to actually work together and communicate.

    And yeah, they need to fix the camera thing with the ledges. That's actually the worst thing about that quest.
    Antipan, Pandargon, Pandolin, Panifin, Panmorgan, Pangrael, and all other things "pan-ed"...

  4. #44
    Community Member MarQuileth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bennum View Post
    Gee I would happy if they just put stairs on the sides of the shafts. They can keep the big jumps by fragmenting the staircase but I hate falling by trying to step forward jumping and bouncing off a wall most.
    Can I get an escalator...my toon has a bum knee. Was in PvP a while back and some cocky monk gave me the "hurts don't it" line from Roadhouse...its never fully recovered. And now with the Winter Festival weather...man it aches!!!

    Seriously tho...this quest doesn't need to be changed.

  5. #45
    Community Member DrunkenBuddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aedra1 View Post
    When I first started playing, I hated coal chamber with a passion, now it's my favorite of the flagging quests. Sleeping dust on the other hand is annoying.
    This. I forced myself to solo it on my arcane. I did the same with the Pit. Now neither are an issue. The only problem really with coal is the jumping and ledge animation camera angles. The mobs certainly aren't an issue. Finger/banish or otherwise kill the casters as soon as possible, and with acid resistance, the archers damage is negligible. Trolls? Same as any other troll quest, web and firewall.

    Now Sleeping Dust on the other hand...always a potential nightmare to pug.
    Originally Posted by Eladrin
    I often word things in ways that cause the most speculation and panic, because I'm capricious and mean.
    Argo: Cydia - Ariasa

  6. #46
    Community Member Gizeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    819

    Default

    You don't like Coalescence Chamber, so it has to go.

    I don't like keeping NPCs alive, so I guess Ritual Sacrifice has to go.

    Others have already said they don't like Let Sleeping Dust Lie, so it has go as well.

    C'mon guys, we merely need two more players to dislike Rainbow in the Dark and Running With the Devils, so that we can finally run the Shroud without having to flag for it!

  7. #47
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarQuileth View Post
    Can I get an escalator...my toon has a bum knee. Was in PvP a while back and some cocky monk gave me the "hurts don't it" line from Roadhouse...its never fully recovered. And now with the Winter Festival weather...man it aches!!!

    Seriously tho...this quest doesn't need to be changed.
    So you were an adventurer till you took an arrow to the knee is what you're saying.

  8. #48
    The Hatchery Hutoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cannith
    Posts
    491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firepants View Post
    DDO is a game, games should be challenging but fun.
    I would say AND, but I agree with the sentiment.


    Quote Originally Posted by Firepants View Post
    Coal chamber is neither
    I have enjoyed Coalescence Chamber every time I've run it, and that would be many. Subjective point is subjective.

    Quote Originally Posted by Firepants View Post
    it's just an insipid waste of time that is required if you ever wanna do greensteel crafting or run shroud.
    Can't be a waste if it gives you the awesomeness of both Shroud AND greensteel - sounds totally worth it to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Firepants View Post
    Please get rid of this **** quest
    What? I like this quest! Why would you get rid of it. What a waste, and how unfair!

    Quote Originally Posted by Firepants View Post
    can whoever came up with it.
    Give them a raise I say. And "thanks to them", whoever they are.

    Quote Originally Posted by Firepants View Post
    It's horrible
    I disagree.
    AUREON/ KEEPER 2006-2009 | CANNITH 2010 -
    Anaplian, Csimian, Tengram, Hackworth, Memenah, Helekye, Nabberfleish
    Brotherhood of the Wolf

  9. #49
    Community Member MsEricka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg Canada
    Posts
    3,069

    Default

    /not signed

    A challenging quest that can be completed by almost any class solo and easily done in a group. Sure it has some physics issues, but fix those and it's gold (or platinum).

  10. #50
    Community Member MarQuileth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    So you were an adventurer till you took an arrow to the knee is what you're saying.
    Was actually a reference to the movie Roadhouse...Sam Elliot line he said after he kicked someone in the knee...
    Last edited by MarQuileth; 01-17-2013 at 02:01 PM.

  11. #51
    Community Member fco-karatekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Texas Hill Country
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MsEricka View Post
    /not signed

    A challenging quest that can be completed by almost any class solo and easily done in a group. Sure it has some physics issues, but fix those and it's gold (or platinum).
    Yah, I seriously believe these (and the falling that comes with them until the player memorizes the glitchy spots) lead to players hating this quest - but they attribute the hatred to something other than the glitchy broken physics.

    Someone take a nail file to the invisible edges and I think it'd be fine.

    The only one in the flagging chain I loathe is the "reverse protect the idiot" spider one. I find Rainbow just annoying (not enough to really hate), but the rest are fine solo or in a (clueful) pug. I tend to like Rit Sac more than most players, but I am also a fan of Running with the Devils solo (tho pugs can be stressful if they don't know what the eladrin are and how to prepare for engaging them).

  12. #52
    Community Member fco-karatekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Texas Hill Country
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarQuileth View Post
    Was actually a reference to the movie Roadhouse...Sam Elliot line he said after he kicked someone in the knee...
    Note to Devs: hire Sam Elliott as a Ranger NPC voiceover in future content. Dude's got a killer voice.

  13. #53
    Hero nibel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    3,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gizeh View Post
    C'mon guys, we merely need two more players to dislike Rainbow in the Dark and Running With the Devils, so that we can finally run the Shroud without having to flag for it!
    I hate Rainbow with all my guts. On a caster, it is not that bad because the light scepter is actually half-decent. On a melee, I have to choose between doing damage or seeing the path. Most people that actually zerg through Rainbow are those FvS with their personal light source.

    But I don't want to completelly remove them. I have other idea of how Vale/Shroud mats should be handled. For flagging everything is fine because you can just run on casual and get things done.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

    I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

  14. #54
    Community Member azrael4h's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skara Brae
    Posts
    2,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    They haven't. Yet.

    However, it's on Lamania preview right now.
    CURSE YOU REED RICH... I mean... TURBINE!
    It was the night before Hogswatch....

    Optimus Prime/Grimlock 2016 Because in diplomacy, sending in the Dinobots is the only answer.

  15. #55
    Community Member Singular's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danzig138 View Post
    * Raid flagging should not be any more difficult or onerous than any other quests. Yet, so many quests in the game are clearly designed with a balance that accounts for green steel items, so those items shouldn't be as difficult to get as they are, or all the other quests should be rebalanced. Frankly, my preference would be to remove green steel from the game entirely.
    Why shouldn't raid flagging be more difficult than other quests?

  16. #56
    Community Member Singular's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,792

    Talking Don't worry guys!

    With update 17, there will be elevators for the Coalescence Chamber that you can use for only 50 TP! Cheap!

    And if you have a feather fall item, you don't have to pay for the ride down!

    Yaaaaaaaay easy button!!!

    Woohooo *_*

  17. #57
    Community Member Jay203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,122

    Default

    quests that needs to be removed:
    Hold for Reinforcements
    Gladewatch Outpost
    Protect Baudry's Interests
    Stand Your Ground

    i think you can see the pattern....
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

  18. #58
    Community Member Dendrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    971

    Default

    If Coal Chamber were 1/2 the length and some of the overhangs were removed so that tall characters didn't get pushed off as easily it would be fine.

    The idea is great. Just 60mins in the quest is too long.

  19. #59
    Founder Firepants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Yidland
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Nope, it's gotta go. All other arguments are irrelevant.

  20. #60
    Community Member FranOhmsford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Posts
    9,177

    Default

    1. The Argument that Doing Quests like Coal Chamber and Crucible prepare you for the Raids!

    Shroud, Reaver's Fate {and Tor} are Nothing like these quests {and I personally find them much much easier - I know for a fact I've run Shroud many more times than I've run Coal!}

    2. The Argument that I {not me obviously} can run Coal Chamber in 20 mins {Crucible in 10}!

    I don't believe you - It would take me longer than this to run through these dungeons with no mobs and all doors open!

    I've been in a few groups for Coal Chamber now and the quickest completion has been around the 50 minute mark {I Never lead this quest}!
    Crucible I'm not sure but don't think I've ever been in a completion of less than 30-40 minutes! {Again I always ask for a guide}.

    3. The Argument that Rit Sac is too easy!

    What?
    Seriously now - RwtD was much much easier before the Spellpower changes!
    Rainbow is much easier as long as the group stays together!
    Dust is an easy quest if you don't get griefers!

    My list for Vale Flagging = Rainbow, Rit Sac, Coal, Dust, Devils even now!
    The reason I have this order is so I actually have a group for Coal - Do Dust first and People mysteriously disappear!

    And which Vale Quests get farmed? In my experience - Rainbow and Devils!
    NOT Rit Sac!

    4. Mario Skills!

    This is DDO! Dungeons & Dragons Online!
    I'll accept that Mario Skill quests are here to stay BUT requiring them for Flagging Quests - Heck No!

    5. The Argument that removing "Difficult" Quests makes it so anyone can get into Raids {Going back to Argument 1 a bit here}!

    Ever since I joined DDO the accepted answer to which packs should I buy in General chat and here on the forums has been:
    Vale of Twilight
    Gianthold
    Delera's
    Some people advocate Delera's first, Others advocate Vale and GH only!

    No-One says Sands, No-One says Carnival, Very few say VoN {Though this is catching up now and has overtaken Amrath as #4!}.

    There's no learning experience in Delera's!
    Whereas Carnival has two of the most difficult Quests below Lvl 12!

    Wiz King, Chains and OoB are in my personal opinion MUCH harder flagging quests than PoP and Madstone!
    {Crucible is out on it's own}!
    As for the Pre-Raids - ADQ1 10 - 0 Tor!
    Having found it inordinately difficult to actually get into an ADQ 2 - Done it exactly once - Was over in 30 seconds, Never even got to swing my sword {was on my Pally} I can't really say anything about it vs Reaver's!

    Oh and Sands Slayer is in my opinion Superb! GH Slayer is Empty!

    If you want people to learn the game I'd suggest changing that list to:
    Carnival
    Sands
    VoN
    Orchard {Got to add this in}!

    Only then should you advocate getting Vale - When you know people have earned the right {in your opinion}!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload