Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I really like Coal Chamber and would never want it removed.

Crucible is another matter- I like the quest, but don't appreciate needing so many people to do, since people burn by these levels so fast, it is hard to find friends in my right level range.... If they could redesign to be completed with 2 people I would be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by psteen1 View Post

Crucible is another matter- I like the quest, but don't appreciate needing so many people to do, since people burn by these levels so fast, it is hard to find friends in my right level range.... If they could redesign to be completed with 2 people I would be happy.
    1 only need 1 guy at lever and other taking crests in the maze

the wheels over the maza can be done by a single player, pull lever to see the number of turns and have time enough to jump to the wheels and turn em

my best times coal 30, crucible 20, both w/o breakables/conquest

and i agree, the worst part are the ledges and how they toss you away/down XDDD

btw they should remove too the relics, reduce reaver's quests to lvl 15 normal adn 17 elite (lets say a -10 in mobs cr), and remove sigil from flagging abbott, also nerf fleshmaker traps(more? yeah rofl) and number of mobs in gops waves, and of course, remove the "need to stay near to acolyte" in inferno to cross to inferno side

oh, almost forgot it, nerf rwtd mobs, enlighten rainbow(so u only need the staff at the puzzle, which can be removed too) make spiders from ritual immune to damage, and do paetus from ritual immune too; and nerf amrath quests(but double the xp)

think i've all the possible complains at high lvls (they could nerf in the flesh end fight too) to make this game so easy than suck, then when 99% of population has all gear, completionists, etc ddo would die cause there's no challenge and need to play ddo(cause the new content is small and use to work after 2 months from releasing date)

why is so hard to accept that there're some tricky quests? i hate em much, but if they weren't there... why should i want to pug? or even play? i mean is like playing a snes game with cheats, where's the fun? if someone wants to "own everybody" should play offline games, where total diff is choosen by the player, that doesnt mean he/she can complete the game in a row w/o checking a guide, must say, tricky parts are in every game XD

sorry but 1 raid must be tougher to step in(since you only need to flag 1 time) than completing a chain, cause loot (at lvl) will be far better in the raid, and effort=reward
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

On normal and solo with hire (must say with hire otherwise im not actually soloing ) i can zerg Coal on my melee in 20 minutes with no invis. Thats stopping only for orange DA to kill and the traps dont hurt much. Its funny that the hire teleports to me because i run so fast and far ahead. When he ports to me, he throws a heal just in time before im already too far away. This also includes not stopping to get the key, not shrining and doing this at level. I know the quest like the back of hand, but i still dont use the jets and go the back track way either.

Not all can do this and some can do it quicker. Just saying it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    On normal and solo with hire (must say with hire otherwise im not actually soloing ) i can zerg Coal on my melee in 20 minutes with no invis. Thats stopping only for orange DA to kill and the traps dont hurt much. Its funny that the hire teleports to me because i run so fast and far ahead. When he ports to me, he throws a heal just in time before im already too far away. This also includes not stopping to get the key, not shrining and doing this at level. I know the quest like the back of hand, but i still dont use the jets and go the back track way either.

Not all can do this and some can do it quicker. Just saying it is possible.
    Now time yourself on Elite with a full party - Everyone in Party must get End Chest for Pie!

I'd be perfectly happy btw to run this one quest on Normal {or even Casual if Pie was guaranteed on that difficulty} BUT Bravery has made this non-viable.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Firepants View Post
    DDO is a game, games should be challenging but fun. Coal chamber is neither, it's just an insipid waste of time that is required if you ever wanna do greensteel crafting or run shroud. Please get rid of this **** quest and can whoever came up with it. It's horrible.
    No. Coal Chamber is fine, once you've learnt you can't just run in a straight line like every other quest. Learn the quest, don't ruin other people's fun because you can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    I'd be perfectly happy btw to run this one quest on Normal {or even Casual if Pie was guaranteed on that difficulty} BUT Bravery has made this non-viable.
    Run it at 19 or higher and you won't break streak, if you pre ordered the expansion, you could run it at 18 with the panther and it won't break streak.

/not signed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    I just don't think it's right to make fun of DDO's NPCs. Infractions for everyone!

If it requires more than 2 people, does that mean my guildie and I are exploiting when we duo it?
    Heatherx Rgr12/Arti6/Rog2 (PL: 3 Wiz; 1 FvS; 2 Sor; 1 Clr; 1 Arti; 1 Rog)
    Toryen Warchanter 22 ~ Treslyn Cleric 24 ~ Lohikaerme Druid 23 ~ Khenshii Monk 20

Heroes of Light and Darkness ~ Argonnessen

I think all they need to do is drop Bat and scorpion respawn or probably even the Trogs.

Community Member

/not signed I enjoy the quest and do feel it is quite fun. Leave as is.

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Now time yourself on Elite with a full party - Everyone in Party must get End Chest for Pie!

the groups ive been in, some experienced vets/TRs and some straight new players, the longest on elite its taken is 1:15. average time is :45. never been in a group that didnt care about full xp, unless no trapper, which included killing bats till conquest.

quite a few times ive joined groups where i became the guide. i would set the pace according to party makeup and experience. typically still get done around :45.

what i often do is join a group running elite. almost never does the group want to go back and run hard/norm, which is fine because i can solo it the way i want to on those difficulties. about 1 1/2 years a go i used to solo run Coal and RWTD on norm in :45 once everyday for several months for ingredients.

The Coalescence Chamber and the Pit are the only two quests in ddo that I dread playing. In Coal Chamber, any one with a jump spell cast on them will suffer the "pong" effect. Jump up, hit the steps above and float down sideways. When playing my cleric, a wizard kept buffing me with the jump spell and it was the worst gameplay I ever experienced. While the quest itself is fine, it's climbing those pesky steps that's the problem.

OH for goodness sake,

ok im honestly not sure if the op was sarcasm or serious:

if sarcasm:
    carefull.... they cant always tell, and this is dificult to judge.

if serious:
    sod off, ye whiney beggars already had your way with crucible. go play helo kitty hug a carebear online.

NO CHALLENGE NO FUN.

Epic elites are not the only thing that shuld be challenging.
    Challenge is acheived best by methods other than turning all stats uo to 11. The crucible, the pit, coal chamber, ADQ(part 1 at lvl), enter the kobold, water works (at lvl), koby assault (at lvl), Threnal, Abbot, titan - these all challenge people at lvl without the need to turn it up to 11.

awkward terain is one of the best ways to acheive challenge as it punishes poor player skill rather than requiring X gear/build to overcome.
    Ex Euro player from devourer: Charaters on orien(Officer of Under Estimated & Nightfox): Wrothgar, Cobolt, Shadeweaver, TheMetal, Metaphysical, Allfred, Razortusk and many more.
    stuff by me: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...02#post4938302

The first time I ran Coal the game felt so immersive - what being underground would be like. I hate the quest, but I really like it, too.

Super not signed!

Get your jump on.

Unless you were the character doing the 'action' Crucible was 3/4 waiting for someone else to do something. I actually fell asleep at the keyboard as someone went swimming the last time I did the quest on a Paladin. Crucible had to go and good riddance to it. It was easilly replaced as there are other quests in Gianthold.

The Chamber is completly different because it's simply 'annoying' with the shafts and the jumping, and falling and respawning and dispelling mobs. But if you take your time and persevere, whatever your character is, you can make it it to the top of that spiral and use the Banishment spell or a Banishing weapon for the win - no matter what you are you can do something.

I think that due to the length of the quest with all the backtracking involved that one shrine in there is too little and is too problematic on elite [in comparison to multiple shrines in similar-length quests]. I've not played a caster in there but I have observed casters either running on empty before the end boss because they used the shrine first time around or they're empty for too long before reaching it the 2nd time around and instead have an abundance of mana after the end boss. This issue doesn't exist in Rainbow as the shrine is pretty well placed at about halfway and the other Vale quests have more than one shrine so maybe it just needs to be moved to a point more halfway along the quest "path".

As for removing Coalescence Chamber altogether as well as it's designers? Eh no.
    /NOT Signed
    Last edited by Karadon_II; 01-18-2013 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Spelling failure at 4AM
    Karadon, Paladin [5] Mar - Jul 2006 - Aureon [EU]
    Karadon, Paladin [20] Feb 2010 - June 2012 - Orien
    Karadon, Paladin [20] June 2012 - July 2013 - Orien [TR1]
    Karadon, Paladin [16] July 2013 - Present - Orien [TR2]

Quote Originally Posted by kilagan800 View Post
    The Coalescence Chamber and the Pit are the only two quests in ddo that I dread playing.
    I just finished a tomb of the tormented run... shudder...
    Someone got it wrong. Everyone expected the Spanish Inquisition because they were required to give 30 days notice, by law.
    I can be found on Orien. My more active toons are Cilon, Solstone in Your Pack, and sometimes Acroyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Karadon_II View Post
    Unless you were the character doing the 'action' Crucible was 3/4 waiting for someone else to do something.
    Excellent point.
    Someone got it wrong. Everyone expected the Spanish Inquisition because they were required to give 30 days notice, by law.
    I can be found on Orien. My more active toons are Cilon, Solstone in Your Pack, and sometimes Acroyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Karadon_II View Post
    Unless you were the character doing the 'action' Crucible was 3/4 waiting for someone else to do something. I actually fell asleep at the keyboard as someone went swimming the last time I did the quest on a Paladin. Crucible had to go and good riddance to it. It was easilly replaced as there are other quests in Gianthold.

The Chamber is completly different because it's simply 'annoying' with the shafts and the jumping, and falling and respawning and dispelling mobs. But if you take your time and persevere, whatever your character is, you can make it it to the top of that spiral and use the Banishment spell or a Banishing weapon for the win - no matter what you are you can do something.

I think that due to the length of the quest with all the backtracking involved that one shrine in there is too little and is too problematic on elite [in comparison to multiple shrines in similar-length quests]. I've not played a caster in there but I have observed casters either running on empty before the end boss because they used the shrine first time around or they're empty for too long before reaching it the 2nd time around and instead have an abundance of mana after the end boss. This issue doesn't exist in Rainbow as the shrine is pretty well placed at about halfway and the other Vale quests have more than one shrine so maybe it just needs to be moved to a point more halfway along the quest "path".

As for removing Coalescence Chamber altogether as well as it's designers? Eh no.
    /NOT Signed
    think of the shrine in Coal as a way thats good for teaching mana conservation. if the group is halfway decent and the caster doesnt blow his sp on every little thing, than 1 shrine is enough. its amazing what groups can do too when the healer runs out of mana or how the fighting changes when the caster runs out of sp. sometimes groups mesh well enough to make it through fine, while others struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSpacePony View Post
    I just finished a tomb of the tormented run... shudder...
    now thats a quest that relies mainly on one person, the guy that does the rat maze.

not sure why people say 3/4 of the quest is done by 1 player. i stay pretty active in Crucible. i dont run straight to H valve, i help get the crests. theres still fighting along the way to the maze and other parts where normally evasion solo. usually the evasion isnt the one with the lowest wisdom either. the barb or fighter may be the one solving the riddle to find the horn in the room. evasion doesnt solo the endfight typically either.

the only part i feel like im piking is the swim part. sometimes im grouped with an experienced swimmer and it takes just a couple minutes.

the whole point of the quest is to test skills. doesnt always have to be evasion, just easier that way.

Don't know if someone already pointed this out, but Crucible could be soloed (i mean no hireling) some updates ago on a monk with abundant step or a fvs with wings, maybe they changed it in the last updates though.

Anyway, you can still run it with just a hire to pull levers in the maze.

The part with wheels is easy to solo, with haste going you got more than enough time to set all the wheels by yourself.

Then there's the swimming part and the myth that you need someone with evasion and uber reflexes If you do it the right way you won't hit spikes even once; anyway, if you make some mistakes, you can still use pots to refill hp underwater and hitting spikes on elite solo won't kill you (unless you got less than 200 hp at lvl 14-16, but in that case you shouldn't be in an elite quest at lvl 14-16, unless you are piking )

Instead of complaining about quests, go in there on normal and solo them some times; you'll find out that you will be able to run them blindfolded and you will probably love them (personally done this with the pit, tomb of the tormented, crucible, coalescence chamber and every other quest that is not just run ahead and kill everything, i can assure you it works fine )
    Cannith: Hazrael--Nyal--Thalax

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast