Default Does Lithe affect MDB for warforged in Mithral plating?

My guess is no, but a (robot) girl can dream...

Yes it does, its the main reason to take lithe on a warforged.

However: I'm in two minds about the usefulness of this. Even with Lithe III, you only have an MDB of 11 (assuming no other feats / class enhancements). If you've taken lithe, you're probably in shadowdancer, in which case you can easily exceed 11% dodge.

My main is an arti WF with lithe who is going to be mainly shadowdancer. I'm currently evaluating how useful the additional AC is vs. switching back to composite body and dropping lithe, with a focus on dodge instead.

But definitely, for any WF who uses mithral body, lithe is a great ability / twist.

Thanks for the info!

I assume you are getting high persistent dodge percents with shadow charges?? How many charges are you typically running with btw?

In any event, I still might want lithe as a shadowdancer even in composite plating due to the synergy of +6 reflex save and evasion.

J

Yes. It makes an excellent twist for my evasion tank.
    Scoobmx Scoobshot Arcscoob Beefscoob : Imperial Assassins : Argonnessen
    My Builds : Abbot Raid Manual : Weapon Damage Modeler : My Trades

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loriac View Post
    My main is an arti WF with lithe who is going to be mainly shadowdancer. I'm currently evaluating how useful the additional AC is vs. switching back to composite body and dropping lithe, with a focus on dodge instead.
    I suppose then the tradeoff is extra AC & PRR w/Mithril Body vs extra Dodge w/out.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    I suppose then the tradeoff is extra AC & PRR w/Mithril Body vs extra Dodge w/out.
    Plus a feat used that could be better spent elsewhere.

The PRR for WF is bugged, it gives lower values than the equivalent fleshie armors (which is highly ironic when you consider that WF are made of stone and wood which you'd think would be tougher than flesh and bone).

Other (fleshie) light armor users twisting in lithe can reach or almost reach the 25% dodge cap, whilst WF are stuck at 11 (plus maybe a couple more points if they have the feats to spend on raising MDB). With shadowdancer and a twist slot, hitting a dodge of 18 is fairly trivial:

7 (shadow charges) + 3 (bracers of wind) + 3 (unearthly reactions twisted in) + 2 (combat archery) + 3 (planar conflux of subterfuge) = 18

In mithral body, I can hit around AC60-65 at level 20, which is just about ok; however, I don't think I can get it much higher than that by level 25, which may mean that mobs hit 95% of the time regardless. So the tradeoff is likely to be 10PRR (assuming tensers or divine power, 7 otherwise) + a feat spent vs. 7% extra dodge chance. When looked at in that way, I'm not sure mithral body can be justified for a non-AC focused build.

I'm hoping that the enhancement pass makes WF in general more worthwhile, because at the moment the *only* (powergaming) reason for using the race is quickened reconstruct if you have arcane spells.