Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
    Community Member

Sorry I haven't been able to read through the whole thread, but anyway, here's what I have to say (even if it might have been said before):

Crucible is one of the few quests with a real D&D feel. Not only hack and slash. I won't insist on the story line here.

Yes, it's hard, but that's why I love it (and I still suck at it big time even if I've been playing on and off since the game went F2P, and probably ran it about 50 times). It's up to Turbine to decide the way it wants to take DDO. For me, it seems to be going farther and farther away from D&D and more towards your average MMO. I'll still run it every life at level on elite.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hafeal View Post
    (The Maze, down and up - I am not uber enough to solo the top wheels).

really? you cant pull a lever and run/jump to 2 or 3 wheels and turn them in approx 45 seconds? amazing.

ppl who say that the maze is a 1-man job are most likely always in a group that only has 1 person that knows what to do

the party is perfectly capable of splitting up to get the crests
    problem lies in a lot of people will get mauled if they go off on their own, that's why people stay together in there

also, for the swim... people are already whining when it requires one person to do the swim, imagine the uproar we'll get if it require the entire party to go in with them....

as for the agility trial, you can have multiple people go in to help break stuff for bonus while one person focuses on running to the horn...

trial of intuition... it's not the dev's fault if your group decided to do the stupid method of constantly opening a single door until you get it right... =_=
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius87 View Post
    Sorry I haven't been able to read through the whole thread, but anyway, here's what I have to say (even if it might have been said before):

Crucible is one of the few quests with a real D&D feel. Not only hack and slash. I won't insist on the story line here.

Yes, it's hard, but that's why I love it (and I still suck at it big time even if I've been playing on and off since the game went F2P, and probably ran it about 50 times). It's up to Turbine to decide the way it wants to take DDO. For me, it seems to be going farther and farther away from D&D and more towards your average MMO. I'll still run it every life at level on elite.
    this

just would change hard by tricky, it's not a hard quest in fact

what will be next? remove traps from game? more arcade looking like other "supposed" mmorpg
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    this

just would change hard by tricky, it's not a hard quest in fact

what will be next? remove traps from game? more arcade looking like other "supposed" mmorpg
    They're changing the flag, not the quest. Good call if you want more people to flag and play GH.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RumbIe View Post
    snip

SO TL: DR ; I hate crucible, I am glad they changed it to a quest where all you do is hold down forward, hack and slash, beat the end red names up, Ex1/Nx1/H until you are not got getting xp anymore, profit.

See how much time you could of saved? I personally don't like the change but crucible will still be run by those who know it and want that fantastic xp.
    Last edited by 1Soulless1; 01-25-2013 at 02:20 AM.

/not signed!

Crucible is a pita, and making it required for flag on Epic difficulty would have caused more problems than removing it from the flag. The only other quests that cause that much frustration when played at level are Running with the devils and A New Invasion (maybe The Pit as well, but that's different: not a flagging quest), but those you can play on lower difficulties and be done with them; Crucible still causes problems. Now imagine the swim on Epic Elite...

Only because a few people that comment a lot on the forums don't like the change, it doesn't mean we (or the devs for that matter) should listen to everything they say. Especially when the things they say are so subjective and biased that their posts become laughable.

My idea is, give a permanent once-in-a-lifetime kind of choice when the update hits live: those who choose for Crucible to stay in the flagging process will enjoy a mandatory Epic Elite swim (no Epic Hard for you hardcore gamers!), as they are such badass players, and the rest of us normal people with a life will have fun with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hafeal View Post
    Not true. The minute you take a tough quest, like this one, and make it 'non-flagging', the number of groups running it will plummet - and that affects all players. Rather than trying to address legitimate issues with the quest which might require more effort than essentially fixing text boxes, however, the devs decided to change an entire story line so that players could skip content. Wow. Most players are water and will follow the path of least resistance; there is little desire to explore all the quests or try something out of your comfort zone unless it is 'required.'
    You're right the groups for it will plummet because a lot of people just dont like it. There are some groups who will only run it once ever or some people will never run it. Yes it can be short manned, it can be done on casual. That still doesnt stop people from hating it. some might hate the maze. Some might have the swim, agility. Its not the actual quest itself is very hard. Its factors that get added up. Do they always get red alerts? Do they die a lot? Does sleet storm **** them off? or the soul howlers. Its certain things like that.

Veteran players forget that most of the base are casual. So when we remember most quests are easy or can be done without a divine etc. We forget that casual players might have a hard time keeping up with us. When they are only adding 10-15hrs a week while the rest of us play daily etc. Remember the forum population is very small compared to the real population of the game. most people don't respond here. Some only read changes. the real stuff is in the data Turbine collects. I can tell you by a lot of experiences listening to people when i group with them. There are a lot of people who hate Crucible.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Soulless1 View Post
    SO TL: DR ; I hate crucible, I am glad they changed it to a quest where all you do is hold down forward, hack and slash, beat the end red names up, Ex1/Nx1/H until you are not got getting xp anymore, profit.

See how much time you could of saved? I personally don't like the change but crucible will still be run by those who know it and want that fantastic xp.
    See here is one who doesn't like it. Its ok if he doesnt. Quest might not be hard maybe its some factor that really annoys the **** out of them. Point is for a lot of people this makes them happier. For the others who know the quest is simple it will still be ran. It really wasnt a hard quest at all. So whether its a flagging quest or not. People will still run it.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

My characters were either past GH levels or not close enough to run it frequently, so I am not too well versed in the dialog of that chain. I would like to know if the dialogs were altered to remove the need of that quest.

Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post

See here is one who doesn't like it. Its ok if he doesnt. Quest might not be hard maybe its some factor that really annoys the **** out of them. Point is for a lot of people this makes them happier. For the others who know the quest is simple it will still be ran. It really wasnt a hard quest at all. So whether its a flagging quest or not. People will still run it.
    I think you rolled a 1 on your sarcasm check.

Community Member

I hate the quest so much that I have not steped into gaint hold snice i ran and failed to compete with my first toon. I was just frustated, I am not on enough to run carp i dont like. I have two 20 + toons and two 18 lvl toons. Yes I would like to run the raid but there is somuch that I enjoy running or have thing I REALLY NEED that why bother with a quest that i hate? There are plenty of quest that as a first life first toon are hard but most are in such a way you just dont want to run the quest again.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    They're changing the flag, not the quest. Good call if you want more people to flag and play GH.
    I dont get the fuss either. If you want to run it, you still can.

There seems to be the mentality of "I went through serious pain to learn it and can now do it on elite in 18.5 minutes - so I think everyone should have to learn to do that too".

Some people need to spend more time having fun playing the game, rather than constantly looking over their shoulder to be sure that everyone else is doing what they say must be done.

We will probably still run it. Mostly because its a benchmark we use to see how our group dynamic is going (as TRs we end up with all sorts of builds each life). But Im not going to begrudge anyone who chooses to skip it.

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    Really this quest will hold you back. Hmm you can run it on normal or casual I find it hard to believe this would stop you from flagging for reaver. If it did wow I don't really Epic is for you. Though I guess Turbine really believes these people will not buy are get the pack if they have to do the crucible. These are the people spending money on the game? I find that hard to believe. To me I find funny they really believe this is cause no one buying are running Reaver? Here a idea put some really uber items in GH and watch the flock come. I think more people play to loot uber items then if they don't or do like one quest.

Let's change ADQ1 please I hate running out there every time I want to run ADQ2. I hate the quest. Thing Turbine should change this, it might stop people from buying the desert pack?

I find this whole topic funny, if people really don't buy the pack are play for one quest they do not enjoy. LMAO really, I don't care what Turbine does. Just want to point out the road you go down when change flaging quest because it to hard or peeps do not like it. Just open the door to more complaints to change other parts of the game some do not like. I really don't thing this helps sale Gh, but hey they have there beliefs.

Just ran Crucible for the very first time 48 hours ago (as of this post). And I can say with a resounding "Thank you Turbine!!!!" for removing this from the flagging.

Just for some background, I watched the Youtube video and it was the only reason I was able to complete this.

Maze - 3 levers to find 3 hidden sigil's. Not hard but very confusing and not intuitive at all. 6/10, w/out the video I would give it a 1.

Agility - I hate "Mario" style elements in DDO but after 10 or so failures I finally made it 9/10, my skill at jumping sucks so I only docked it 1.

Doors - DDO Wiki had a great write up. This must suck for Cleric's. Monks at least have evasion. 10/10, I actually enjoyed this after I read up on it.

Swim - Like the maze, this is not very intuitive. Many of the posts focused on this part as the "hick-up" in the quest. I would totally agree. 0/10, this is an element of DDO where you either know it or don't. It "glorifies" the extreme gamer, something that should NOT be part of DDO.

Wheel/Runes (Top of Maze)- If their was a trick to this, I couldn't find it on the forums or DDOWiki. I finally resorted to writing down one of the possible combinations and pulling the lever every 45 sec's until it came back to the one I wrote down. 0/10, but my opinion of this one may change. Oh, and those dang casters...there was an annoyance factor right there that could be done without.

Final Fight - Nice, simple, great write up on DDOWiki. 10/10

The Swim and Wheel/Runes (Top of Maze) ruin The Crucible. It's there for you folk's who like nostalgia but personally I am glad I will never have to set foot in that place again. XP farm away (Which I totally admit is great if you can do it fast).

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

I love Crucible. It's one of the few quests in the game that actually require thought and planning and coordination instead of just "run forward and swing your weapons".

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    Just ran Crucible for the very first time 48 hours ago (as of this post).
    Do you think all dungeons should be easy on your first attempt?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasparion View Post
    Do you think all dungeons should be easy on your first attempt?
    Well, of COURSE they should! Why offer any legitimate challenge to anyone at any time whatsoever, when you can simply stomp every quest in the game, on your own, on what used to be the hardest difficulty in the game, even without prior knowledge of the quest?

There are a couple exceptions left, but all the challenge will be sucked out of the Heroic side of the game soon enough. What was that quote by a dev that went "No challenge, no fun"?

MMO players these days clearly missed the memo.
    Science may be theory, but stupidity is proven.

I bet that running crucible on casual isn't even considered an option by those who are complaining about it..

BB is great, but it sadly makes elite the default difficulty, so people that aren't ready for it want to run it anyway, and if they fail, they cry for nerf cause it's too hard instead of running a difficulty that is better suited for them.
    Cannith: Hazrael--Nyal--Thalax

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by pHo3nix View Post
    I bet that running crucible on casual isn't even considered an option by those who are complaining about it..

BB is great, but it sadly makes elite the default difficulty, so people that aren't ready for it want to run it anyway, and if they fail, they cry for nerf cause it's too hard instead of running a difficulty that is better suited for them.
    Also ignores the option to run it at level 17 on Casual/Normal and not affect their BB.

We also must not forget that 1st lifers with terrible gear and builds still need Elite BB.

That said, none of this changes the fact that its not a big issue that Turbine is swapping the dungeons needed to key for Reavers Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Jasparion View Post
    Also ignores the option to run it at level 17 on Casual/Normal and not affect their BB.

We also must not forget that 1st lifers with terrible gear and builds still need Elite BB.

That said, none of this changes the fact that its not a big issue that Turbine is swapping the dungeons needed to key for Reavers Fate
    Every update there are some small/big changes to make the game easier; some of them wouldn't be that bad on their own, but considering it's the new trend of developing, they add up fast. And this is without even considering DDOstore easy buttons

The game is sadly going in this direction though, and i guess there's nothing that can stop this decline. Luckily i'm premium and got almost every AP,race and class; what i'm still missing i can get by farming tp on TR lives, so i'm not going to spend even 1 more euro on this game, but i can still play it till i have fun doing so
    Cannith: Hazrael--Nyal--Thalax

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast