Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 860 of 988
  1. #841
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_the_South View Post
    If you use the Epic Ring of the Master Artifice (Tier 3) how does this stack with a Recon Augment (thought they were both Equipment bonus?) Or do you use a 114 to supersede the 90?
    It doesnt stack, higher one is applied.

  2. #842
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Island, NZ
    Posts
    814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peng View Post
    Just hit level 20 on my unarmed juggernaut (2 ranger/2 monk/16 arti). Now that monk form feats are purchasable, I'm trying to decide how to use my lr: do I want to stick to unarmed like my last 3 lives, or switch to stout oak until I get a better quarterstaff.

    Main attractions for wraps:
    • I prefer them/am used to them
    • stun fist
    • holy burst ring
    • unarmed attack speed
    • I have not stockpiled q-staves like I have wraps
    • extra 10% off-hand chance and 15 prr from shintao


    Quartersaff:
    • no need to skimp on feats
    • no need for stun dc items/enhancements/ed twists
    • pulverizer/lightning mace in leg dreadnought
    • not bugged with tunnel vision
    • henshin quarterstaff enhancements


    Feats (7 heroic, 3 epic, 2 monk bonus, 4 arti bonus, 3 ranger/1 arti auto-grant):
    • rapid reload
    • bow str
    • twf
    • rapid shot
    • imp twf
    • gr twf
    • stun fist
    • pbs
    • manyshot
    • pa
    • imp crit ranged
    • imp crit blunt
    • quicken
    • precise shot
    • imp prec shot
    • cleave
    • gr cleave
    • zen archery
    • monk form x3
    • overwhelming crit
    • combat archery


    That's 3 more feats than I have. For quarterstaff I'd drop imp twf, greater twf, and stunning fist. Not sure what I'd drop to stay unarmed. I really want to stay unarmed though. My first thought was to drop grandmaster of forms, imp prec shot, and stunning fist, but stun fist is a large part of why I want to stay unarmed. Any suggestions?


    Definitely drop Grandmaster of forms, I am assuming an earth stance III build so Master will be sufficient.

    Theres not much choice for the other two feats I think I would lose Combat Archery (and pick up at lvl 27) and IPS, although IPS is nice I think it would definitely be the other feat I dropped.
    Those two feats seem to be the least necessary for the build, many of the others being prereqs the choices are limited, you lose a little bit of dps but sometimes you need to trade off to get the build you want.
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

  3. #843
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoasterHops View Post
    Definitely drop Grandmaster of forms, I am assuming an earth stance III build so Master will be sufficient.

    Theres not much choice for the other two feats I think I would lose Combat Archery (and pick up at lvl 27) and IPS, although IPS is nice I think it would definitely be the other feat I dropped.
    Those two feats seem to be the least necessary for the build, many of the others being prereqs the choices are limited, you lose a little bit of dps but sometimes you need to trade off to get the build you want.
    I'll probably do it like that, just as soon as I get a +4 int tome.

    Quote Originally Posted by CoasterHops
    ...I would lose Combat Archery (and pick up at lvl 27)...
    I was including lvl 27 feat. I guess I'll either take the form feats at 24 and 27, or great cleave and overhwelming crit at 24 and 27.

  4. #844
    Community Member Sehenry03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Keizer, Or
    Posts
    1,567

    Default

    Hi all. I am coming back to DDO next week after a year layoff. I will be TRing my monk who had a fighter past life already so I will be using a 36 pt build. I think I will be doing monk/ranger/arty. I currently have 2 old GS light II khopeshes. Would it be worth using those to lvl up with or should I get something else? I am really lost with U19 specs as I am still use to the old system. Will be trying to follow the build exactly. I will probably be lvling with a friend playing an assassin. Any special gear I should get for lvling purposes? Or any special things I need to know before I TR?

    Toons - Ziffin / Hirtz / Mheka / Duskh
    Guild - High Lords of Malkier
    Server - Sarlona

  5. #845
    Community Member SEMPER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Il
    Posts
    1,774

    Default

    Does someone have a feat breakdown for a centered version ? I looked around but I didn't see any thanks for any feedback. I'm already looking at changing one of my Jugg's to the twf version as that's what I wanted to do a long time ago but it didn't really fit ....
    SARLONA ~ BREY BRAY BRAI BREI BRAYZ DAVEE CEMPER CEMP SEMPER SAVALOT SAVURSELV MOTION
    Proud Officer of Quantum Entropy

  6. #846
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    14

    Default

    I don't really get what's going on in the first post... is the TWF version for 36 point builds (i see it has ranger). If so then is there an enhancement tree suggestion for the paladin version (for 34 point builds)? I assume it's THF still or is that thrown out?

  7. #847
    Community Member cave_diver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Freeway Mitting
    Posts
    457

    Default Love the build...now tr'ing into TWF version

    Finally got my 2 Nightmares, and am looking into TR'ing into a TWF version.

    Changed some feats around:


    Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 03.16.01
    DDO Character Planner Home Page
    
    Level 25 Lawful Neutral Warforged Male
    (2 Monk \ 2 Ranger \ 16 Artificer \ 5 Epic) 
    Hit Points: 370
    Spell Points: 1056 
    BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
    Fortitude: 16
    Reflex: 15
    Will: 14
    
                      Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (36 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 25)
    Strength             18                    29
    Dexterity            14                    19
    Constitution         16                    21
    Intelligence         13                    18
    Wisdom                8                    13
    Charisma              7                    12
    
    Tomes Used
    
    +5 Tome of Strength used at level 18
    +5 Tome of Dexterity used at level 18
    +5 Tome of Constitution used at level 18
    +5 Tome of Intelligence used at level 18
    +5 Tome of Wisdom used at level 18
    +5 Tome of Charisma used at level 18
    
    [B]                  
    Level 1 (Artificer)
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Barbarian
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Barbarian
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Fighter
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Fighter
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Paladin
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Paladin
    Feat: (Selected) Point Blank Shot
    
    
    Level 2 (Monk)
    Feat: (Monk Bonus) Power Attack
    
    
    Level 3 (Monk)
    Feat: (Selected) Cleave
    Feat: (Monk Bonus) Toughness
    
    
    Level 4 (Artificer)
    
    
    Level 5 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Undead
    
    
    Level 6 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Selected) Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Bastard Sword
    
    
    Level 7 (Artificer)
    
    
    Level 8 (Artificer)
    Feat: (Artificer Bonus) Precise Shot
    
    
    Level 9 (Artificer)
    Feat: (Selected) Great Cleave
    
    
    Level 10 (Artificer)
    
    
    Level 11 (Artificer)
    
    
    Level 12 (Artificer)
    Feat: (Artificer Bonus) Improved Critical: Ranged Weapons
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Two Weapon Fighting
    
    
    Level 13 (Artificer)
    
    
    Level 14 (Artificer)
    
    
    Level 15 (Artificer)
    Feat: (Selected) Greater Two Weapon Fighting
    
    
    Level 16 (Artificer)
    Feat: (Artificer Bonus) Quicken Spell
    
    
    Level 17 (Artificer)
    
    
    Level 18 (Artificer)
    Feat: (Selected) Manyshot
    
    
    Level 19 (Artificer)
    
    
    Level 20 (Artificer)
    Feat: (Artificer Bonus) Mithral Body
    
    
    Level 21 (Artificer)
    Feat: (Selected) Overwhelming Critical
    
    
    Level 22 (Artificer)
    
    
    Level 23 (Artificer)
    
    
    Level 24 (Artificer)
    Feat: (Selected) Stunning Blow
    
    
    Level 25 (Artificer)

    Basically dropping IPS for Mithral Armor, taking Epic DR at 27, and tactician & perfect two weapon fighting at 26 & 28.

    With 2 fighter past lives, tactician, legendary tactics, stunning 10 item & combat mastery 5 item along with +3 WF tactical abilities do you think Stunning Blow can be viable in EE's (maybe after a woowoo from a nightmare?)
    Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    I ran Where there is Smoke ELITE on a level 4, first life 28 hit point rogue, never TRd, no guild buffs, using a hireling cleric. One shotted two times at the first dog area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!
    Main toons on G-land: Home of Tesrali build 2.0

  8. #848
    2016 DDO Players Council Jeromio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Rusty Nail
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SEMPER View Post
    Does someone have a feat breakdown for a centered version ? I looked around but I didn't see any thanks for any feedback. I'm already looking at changing one of my Jugg's to the twf version as that's what I wanted to do a long time ago but it didn't really fit ....
    Not sure if there's any "standard" for the centred version...

    Here is how I did mine, not sure yet what to take at lvls 24 and 27.

    1 Art Point Blank Shot
    2 Mnk Power Attack (class)
    3 Mnk Cleave, Zen Archery (class)
    4 Art
    5 Rng Favored Enemy: Evil Outsider (class)
    6 Rng Adept of Forms
    7 Art
    8 Art Quicken (class)
    9 Art Manyshot
    10 Art
    11 Art
    12 Art Improved Critial: Ranged (class), Improved Critical: Bludgeoning
    13 Art
    14 Art
    15 Art Great Cleave
    16 Art Precise Shot (class)
    17 Art
    18 Art Master of Forms
    19 Art
    20 Art Improved Precise Shot (class)
    21 Epic Overwhelming Critical
    24 Epic Grandmaster of Forms or Extend or Precision or ...?
    27 Epic Grandmaster of Forms or Extend or Precision or ...?

    Notes: requires wisdom 12 for zen archery when taking lvl 3 if you LR/TR and have at least a +1 wis tome already eaten, else starting with wisdom 13. As usual, Impr Prec Shot requires dex 19.
    Last edited by Jeromio; 09-13-2013 at 07:48 AM.
    Proud officer of Spellbinders: http://spellbinders.shivtr.com/
    Lyrandar(EU)->Devourer(EU)->Cannith

  9. #849
    Community Member Nightmanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cave_diver View Post
    Finally got my 2 Nightmares, and am looking into TR'ing into a TWF version.

    Changed some feats around:


    Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 03.16.01
    DDO Character Planner Home Page
    
    Level 25 Lawful Neutral Warforged Male
    (2 Monk \ 2 Ranger \ 16 Artificer \ 5 Epic) 
    Hit Points: 370
    Spell Points: 1056 
    BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
    Fortitude: 16
    Reflex: 15
    Will: 14
    
                      Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (36 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 25)
    Strength             18                    29
    Dexterity            14                    19
    Constitution         16                    21
    Intelligence         13                    18
    Wisdom                8                    13
    Charisma              7                    12
    
    Tomes Used
    
    +5 Tome of Strength used at level 18
    +5 Tome of Dexterity used at level 18
    +5 Tome of Constitution used at level 18
    +5 Tome of Intelligence used at level 18
    +5 Tome of Wisdom used at level 18
    +5 Tome of Charisma used at level 18
    
    [B]                  
    Level 1 (Artificer)
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Barbarian
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Barbarian
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Fighter
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Fighter
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Paladin
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Paladin
    Feat: (Selected) Point Blank Shot
    
    
    Level 2 (Monk)
    Feat: (Monk Bonus) Power Attack
    
    
    Level 3 (Monk)
    Feat: (Selected) Cleave
    Feat: (Monk Bonus) Toughness
    
    
    Level 4 (Artificer)
    
    
    Level 5 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Undead
    
    
    Level 6 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Selected) Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Bastard Sword
    
    
    Level 7 (Artificer)
    
    
    Level 8 (Artificer)
    Feat: (Artificer Bonus) Precise Shot
    
    
    Level 9 (Artificer)
    Feat: (Selected) Great Cleave
    
    
    Level 10 (Artificer)
    
    
    Level 11 (Artificer)
    
    
    Level 12 (Artificer)
    Feat: (Artificer Bonus) Improved Critical: Ranged Weapons
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Two Weapon Fighting
    
    
    Level 13 (Artificer)
    
    
    Level 14 (Artificer)
    
    
    Level 15 (Artificer)
    Feat: (Selected) Greater Two Weapon Fighting
    
    
    Level 16 (Artificer)
    Feat: (Artificer Bonus) Quicken Spell
    
    
    Level 17 (Artificer)
    
    
    Level 18 (Artificer)
    Feat: (Selected) Manyshot
    
    
    Level 19 (Artificer)
    
    
    Level 20 (Artificer)
    Feat: (Artificer Bonus) Mithral Body
    
    
    Level 21 (Artificer)
    Feat: (Selected) Overwhelming Critical
    
    
    Level 22 (Artificer)
    
    
    Level 23 (Artificer)
    
    
    Level 24 (Artificer)
    Feat: (Selected) Stunning Blow
    
    
    Level 25 (Artificer)

    Basically dropping IPS for Mithral Armor, taking Epic DR at 27, and tactician & perfect two weapon fighting at 26 & 28.

    With 2 fighter past lives, tactician, legendary tactics, stunning 10 item & combat mastery 5 item along with +3 WF tactical abilities do you think Stunning Blow can be viable in EE's (maybe after a woowoo from a nightmare?)
    If you can reliably pull off a 72dc stun, you'll do fine in all content. The stipulation though, is you will absolutely not be able to stun the Beserkers and the Giants in the Storm Horns.

  10. #850
    Community Member EvilKitteh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Is there any way this build style could be reworked to fit a Bladeforged? Wondering how well they'd do with the reconstruct SLA.

  11. #851
    Community Member Trillea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    4,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKitteh View Post
    Is there any way this build style could be reworked to fit a Bladeforged? Wondering how well they'd do with the reconstruct SLA.
    Well the Bladeforged wouldn't have any of the past life feats (obv) and wouldn't be a 36 point build, but with some futzing around with feat order (having to take pally 1st kinda sux) it would be doable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

  12. #852
    Community Member Sehenry03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Keizer, Or
    Posts
    1,567

    Default

    What would be the best 2handed GS weapon to build for this guy for lvling purposes and TRing. Somehting I could use for most lives? I have been gone a year so not sure exactly what I should get. Axe or Maul or Greatsword or Falchion?

    Toons - Ziffin / Hirtz / Mheka / Duskh
    Guild - High Lords of Malkier
    Server - Sarlona

  13. #853
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sehenry03 View Post
    What would be the best 2handed GS weapon to build for this guy for lvling purposes and TRing. Somehting I could use for most lives? I have been gone a year so not sure exactly what I should get. Axe or Maul or Greatsword or Falchion?
    I've leveled up a couple Juggy lives, and I found a Triple Positive Maul to be the most useful. I have an unbound Shining Devastation (khopesh crit profile with high base weapon damage when cleaving is really nice) so I used that on my last life (and it outperformed my Lit2 Greataxe on my previous life if you have the proper Improved Critical feat).

    If you don't have access to a Shining Devastation, I think I would use a Triple Earth Falchion. I think it would be more useful than a Lit2 against the high hp content in the level 18+ content when soloing elites. It is cheaper than an Lit2 as well to make.

    If you are not soloing elites, or if you plan to just repeat vale content (due to new xp system) to get from level 18 to 20, a Lit2 is great if you already have one.
    The Silver Legion - Guild Medieval
    Arisan - Arisanna - Arisanto - Arisgard - Betatest
    Cannith

  14. #854
    Community Member Sehenry03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Keizer, Or
    Posts
    1,567

    Default

    Ok forgive my ignorance as I have made GS but I never really understood the triple positive or whatever. What would be the effects I would put on the Maul? And you would recommend a maul over a falchion then for lvling from 12 - 20?

    Toons - Ziffin / Hirtz / Mheka / Duskh
    Guild - High Lords of Malkier
    Server - Sarlona

  15. #855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sehenry03 View Post
    Ok forgive my ignorance as I have made GS but I never really understood the triple positive or whatever. What would be the effects I would put on the Maul? And you would recommend a maul over a falchion then for lvling from 12 - 20?
    For a jug, a triple positive maul will have:

    holy
    good burst
    good blast
    greater disruption
    Recipe Link

    For a fleshie I'd switch out good blast for 30% amp, but if all you ever do is reconstruct then the amp does no good.

  16. #856
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    good blast
    For a fleshie I'd switch out good blast for 30% amp, but if all you ever do is reconstruct then the amp does no good.
    I'd still use 30% heal amp personally. Good blast amounts to very little damage - this way you can recycle it to a fleshy life in the future.
    And for the occasional spot heal, heal amp will bring you around to normal. (ish.)

  17. #857

    Default

    Yep, you're probably right.

    Good blast does a pathetic amount especially because you likely won't take improved crit: bludgeon, meaning the good blast will only ever proc on a 20 for mauls. Greater Disruption also procs on 20s, so the good blast effect is relatively insignificant.

  18. #858
    Community Member Jacobius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    347

    Default Couple of questions

    I was thinking of TRing a toon into a Jugg.

    I don't have gear to do a centered build. I do have gear to do an uncentered THF (carnifex, lit2 falchion, cleaver, etc)
    Also have gear to do a TWF but it is all khopeshes no Nightmares or any good bastard swords for that matter.

    I was going to go with the THF uncentered but have seen some comments about it not being as good with the enhancement pass. Is it still worth doing the uncentered version? or should I try the TWF version with khopeshes?

  19. #859
    The Hatchery zwiebelring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,435

    Default

    I played the pally version, uncentered. I did not have any problems, in fact, that build stands and falls with endgame weaponry, mainly Pinion. Imho of course. My saves were deep into the 50s to early 60s. PRR was 50, with Epic DR 60. Worked for me. The question you have to answer to yourself is, if you want to solo ee. I did not want to and ehard stormhorns were challenging enough but once I triggered MB, I was in easy completion mode. If it is of interest to you, I even pulled my weight in ee Tor. And no, I don't own Pinion yet. I used ee Roadwatch + several random gen. bows.

    I saved without problems in ee gianthold content and still reliably in ehard to ee stormhorns.

    Well, in any way, I had many cha and tanky items from a former melee fvs life so I favored the pally version, therefor I had like 80% of items together. Cleaver came to me, because nobody else wanted it. In short, I worked with the stuff I already had. But if you don't mind the item grind at all, go for TWF.

    Items I had to gather:
    Black dragon scale stuff. Yet to pull a +3 insight CON helmet.

    Master Artificer ring. Superb universal item. Though, the new rings and in general ring options make this a tough decision. Guardian's ring gives 24 PRR, stacking with PF set, tendon Slice Dun'Robar still is fun, especially with Cleaver's limpchopchop. The new rings almost demand Tier 4 Cleaver for that red slot.

    I used the Jeweled Cloak to have PF set equipped constantly. I give a tiny rat's ass about DR breaking today. While blitzing, it does not matter, if a mob receives 30 dmg. less. Without blitz I just lived with the flaw.

    Improved Deception item. First idea was Seal of House Avithoul but the droprate is so frustratingly low that I kind of gave up on it. Used Backstabber's instead. Lost 2 STR that way since Nether's Grasp were first idea. But today even they are not mandatory any more since <ou can get OL skill boosts of +20 on random gen. loot, theoretically. But comparing the gain of 2 stacking STR with the power of a no save on a proc-on-hit cc ability....I think I amde the right choice.
    Last edited by zwiebelring; 09-20-2013 at 02:07 PM.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

  20. #860
    Community Member Panzermeyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Thelanis by way of Salt Lake City
    Posts
    709

    Default Dwarven Jugg

    I definitely like the build. I am considering converting my archer/caster Artie into a Melee Artie.

    I am gonna use the Pally/Monk/Artie version for my template. I like the better saves and I definitely plan on using it more as a melee build.

    I don't do warforged it's a personal choice don't worry to try and convince me otherwise. =)

    So I think I am gonna try this out with a Dwarf and use TWF Dwarven Axes or Rume Arm/Dwarven Axe with the THF line. Maybe I will do the 2 Ranger option for the free TWF.

    Will also likely go with Construct Essence for self healing. I have had that on my human pure arty and frankly I have been quite satisfied with my self healing. Even on EE.

    Any thoughts on any additional tweaks I might make as a Dwarf rather than WF?
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

    Main
    Jelara Shannara - Morning Lord Warlock
    (TR XXI - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x3, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR XII - Epic Completionist - ItR III - PDK x3)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)


Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload