Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 760 of 988
  1. #741
    Community Member Arnez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Trying to make a centered pally version. Is I know popular opinion was to dump concentration since we'll pick up quicken- does that have an effect if I'm trying to make a centered jug?

  2. #742
    Community Member Lurzifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnez View Post
    Trying to make a centered pally version. Is I know popular opinion was to dump concentration since we'll pick up quicken- does that have an effect if I'm trying to make a centered jug?
    As a monk u need the ki to execute the monk strikes and the abilities, with only 2 monk levels u have only access to the 1d6 elemental bonus damages which are frankly quite bad in endgame.
    Therefore theres no need for any concentration

    The Centered boni u will receive are mainly the dodge, some AC and the Stat bonus from Stance. IF youre using Villager set the set bonus is interesting in some stances.
    Haek N' Slay (©ompletionist Juggernaut / Zeus Life 61 of 61)My Toon is better than your toon.Mitis Mors - Thelanis

  3. #743
    Community Member Lurzifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubbinns View Post
    New pass is almost here and I wanted to ask if the tier 2 trees could be taken with just 2 levels of Monk/Ranger.

    The question is mainly would Deepwood sniper tier 2, and Shintao Monk tier 2 abilities be so easily accessible on Juggs?

    Deepwood gives Second damage boost, tendon cut, mark of the hunter, horizon shot.

    Shintao defensive strikes, iron skin, smite, elemental ki strikes, conditiong.
    With my current knowledge of the enhancements Ninja Spy and Tempest are looking the best with a total of +6% dodge and 2d6 extra sneak attacks. With the new feat slot on 28 and the exchange from mithral body to dodge, juggernauts will be able to sustain a dodge of 18-25% easily which combined with constant displacement is huge in endgame.

    Thats only one aspect of the buff juggs will gain, the battle engineer has some nice things packed too, making 2wf bastard sword juggs possible and more.

    I am looking forward to post screenshots of reconstruct hitting for 800+
    Haek N' Slay (©ompletionist Juggernaut / Zeus Life 61 of 61)My Toon is better than your toon.Mitis Mors - Thelanis

  4. #744
    Founder
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,330

    Default

    Well with 2 monk you will still be able to pick up level 18 stances and strikes which I think are significant enough to want (3 feats though). I think the best juggernaut will have shintao 2 for defensive strikes with a staff unless they nerf it (which they should). Who doesn't want 50 prr for 8 ap and 15 more from grandmaster? That strike will do 16 base plus 2d6 acid on crits. Plus you get access to the other 3 level 18 strikes without spending any ap.... Staff builds for the win? You could consider ditching the 2 ranger/paladin and take at least 1 rogue for the 15% perm attack speed.

  5. #745
    Community Member Lurzifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Ditching the ranger or ranged would totally destroy the versatility the Juggernaut brings to the table in favor of some gain in the melee department. Managing the feats is always a question of preference, going twf, focussing on Thf line, gaining more dodge/PRR/whatever. In the end it is a question of your playstyle, but i know one thing for sure: Manyshot is a must have if u can afford the feats.

    I had a lot of thoughts on how to evolve and create new ways to play the build, i even tested several versions with lesser hearts for a couple weeks some months back, but in the end its all sub-par to what the current juggernaut brings to the table, and limiting yourself to the staff option, without unarmed (feats + stunning fist) zen archery or the ability to switch to whatever weapon u want is something i will never do again. Without options your limited, the juggernaut isnt :P
    Haek N' Slay (©ompletionist Juggernaut / Zeus Life 61 of 61)My Toon is better than your toon.Mitis Mors - Thelanis

  6. #746
    Community Member Lurzifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    637

    Default



    Be careful of rolling couple 1`s vs Rusties
    Haek N' Slay (©ompletionist Juggernaut / Zeus Life 61 of 61)My Toon is better than your toon.Mitis Mors - Thelanis

  7. #747
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Athens,Greece
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Bad! Bad red-dish rust monsters!! :P

  8. #748
    The Hatchery zwiebelring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lurzifer View Post
    Ditching the ranger or ranged would totally destroy the versatility the Juggernaut brings to the table in favor of some gain in the melee department. Managing the feats is always a question of preference, going twf, focussing on Thf line, gaining more dodge/PRR/whatever. In the end it is a question of your playstyle, but i know one thing for sure: Manyshot is a must have if u can afford the feats.

    I had a lot of thoughts on how to evolve and create new ways to play the build, i even tested several versions with lesser hearts for a couple weeks some months back, but in the end its all sub-par to what the current juggernaut brings to the table, and limiting yourself to the staff option, without unarmed (feats + stunning fist) zen archery or the ability to switch to whatever weapon u want is something i will never do again. Without options your limited, the juggernaut isnt :P
    I am playing the pally version right now. I will, however, TR into Rgr version. So far, the pal just bumps your saves to *immune to anything except nat. 1 on ehard* and *almost immune in epic elite*. I might have more versatility with 2 Rgr atm., but so far I am fine with as it is.

    For having notably more defense I gladly sacrifice some options without losing too much.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

  9. #749
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    I'm starting to (attempt) solo EE's on my own version of a juggernaut (gimped by me, of course), and I'm wondering: What tips would you have for a nub like me?

    Was playing around yesterday, got 3/4 through a quest, rolled a one on stun and died - tried three more times, died three more times, due to various rolls of one. What am I doing wrong? :\

  10. #750
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maddong View Post
    You could consider ditching the 2 ranger/paladin and take at least 1 rogue for the 15% perm attack speed.
    I am not too verse on the whole stacking thing but this wont stack with the Haste Boost Enhancement =/ ? (While I was on Lamannia someone told me that it's totally not worth to take the 15% staff speed line but I just dont remember the reason)

    If anything I'd ditch them for 1 level of Druid.
    Beguile at rank 3 - Whenever you attack or cast on a critter. 50% chance to beguile them 0-3 times for 0-9 seconds: -2% attack speed, -2 spell power. This can stack up to 25 times.
    Last edited by Hajutze; 07-30-2013 at 01:44 AM.

  11. #751
    Community Member Lurzifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    I'm starting to (attempt) solo EE's on my own version of a juggernaut (gimped by me, of course), and I'm wondering: What tips would you have for a nub like me?

    Was playing around yesterday, got 3/4 through a quest, rolled a one on stun and died - tried three more times, died three more times, due to various rolls of one. What am I doing wrong? :\
    Stop rolling 1`s :P

    Seriously though it depends on what quests u are running. When youre new to the EE department soloing i would start with stuff like snitch, claw, last stand, lord of dust and try to get those right and learn how to mitigate incoming damage, which mobs to focus on and how to manage SP etc. Its a quite flat learning curve as a most of the time melee soloing EEs.

    Use your ranged abilities like Fusilade and Manyshot against mobs with disabling abilities like stun, stompor rust monsters :P

    For soloing Epic Elites make sure to be over 750-800 HP, have displacement constantly up, make use of the boosts from LD (Soloing without Blitz sucks :P), use superior mending potions from house J for difficult encounters, try to up your reconstruction spellpower. In Standard gear my reconstruct hits me currently for 516 hp and crits with 13% of the time for 1062.

    In the end soloing EEs comes down to a bit luck sometimes and good preparation.
    Haek N' Slay (©ompletionist Juggernaut / Zeus Life 61 of 61)My Toon is better than your toon.Mitis Mors - Thelanis

  12. #752
    Community Member Zeronic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Question and an addition.
    First of , many people seem to forget the gloves of titan grip. For 1 min you get a +6 psionic bonus to str which is a big + for damage .
    And for my question. Someone asked my why I took 2 monk, to wich I replied it was for the evasion. Yet with mythril body you become unbalanced, losing the AC, the acces to stanced etc.
    Why not take rogue and get some extra sneak attack damage? You will lose way of the clever monker (some haggle and 2 energy resistance) and 1 wisdom but for some extra sneak attack this isn't a bad trade. Or am I missing something with monk?
    Living in the Twilight, Under the Moon

  13. #753
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Since I am not playing a Jug nor I am 100% familiar with it I might be wrong but.

    2 feats + being centered while pew pewing + some dodge I think ?

  14. #754
    Community Member Zeronic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Mythril body makes you uncentered regardless of weapon. Forgot about the 2% dodge chance though. Does it really matter?
    Living in the Twilight, Under the Moon

  15. #755
    Community Member Lurzifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeronic View Post
    Mythril body makes you uncentered regardless of weapon. Forgot about the 2% dodge chance though. Does it really matter?
    You are uncentered yes, but still u can use the evasion and of course the two monk bonus feats which are crucial.

    Being centered or not is a preference anyway and by the looks of the next update i will probably go back to being centered on my Juggernaut, but more infos about that when i can play around with it on live server
    Haek N' Slay (©ompletionist Juggernaut / Zeus Life 61 of 61)My Toon is better than your toon.Mitis Mors - Thelanis

  16. #756
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeronic View Post
    Mythril body makes you uncentered regardless of weapon. Forgot about the 2% dodge chance though. Does it really matter?
    Mithril body gives prr, which is good.
    2 monk gives 2 feats and evasion.
    For me, 2 feats is worth more than 2 rogue.

    Small damage increase versus two feats? Each to their own.

    As for soloing EE, I was in fury (due to the constant portals and such)

    Oh well, just more practice, I guess.
    Darnit, was hoping for some obvious easy button I missed. (Shiradi aside, of course)

  17. #757
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    175

    Default

    2 questions
    - How do you take zen archery on the paladin build with only 12 wisdom ?
    - Is it viable to go for TWF instead of THF ? (I know it wont be as good, that's why I used viable)

  18. #758
    Community Member Lurzifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hajutze View Post
    2 questions
    - How do you take zen archery on the paladin build with only 12 wisdom ?
    - Is it viable to go for TWF instead of THF ? (I know it wont be as good, that's why I used viable)
    Tomes count towards the requirements, if you would still end up short on wisdom just put more points into at start.

    TWF can be viable but will always be behind THF on a Juggernaut, i tried it once with Forester Brush hooks, which are basically all DR breaking Khopesh Kamas very nice weapons but extremly hard to get 2 on EE. In the End the low attack range was my biggest point in going back to thf, the damage was lower but i was always 2wf on Haek. Twf versus giants is the biggest <3<3<3 in this game :P

    With next Update the Dualwielding Bastard Sword looks interesting and its on of those things i will try out, nothing beats dual nightmares versus trash. Two EE versions of the PoP Bastard sword can be very effective against fire non-resistant mobs.
    Haek N' Slay (©ompletionist Juggernaut / Zeus Life 61 of 61)My Toon is better than your toon.Mitis Mors - Thelanis

  19. #759
    Community Member NaturalHazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,866

    Default

    [QUOTE=Lurzifer;5054873] Twf versus giants is the biggest <3<3<3 in this game :P


    Yes is hell annoying esp 2wf vs giants and little bits of lag. 2hf ftw!!!

  20. #760
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lurzifer View Post
    Tomes count towards the requirements, if you would still end up short on wisdom just put more points into at start.

    TWF can be viable but will always be behind THF on a Juggernaut, i tried it once with Forester Brush hooks, which are basically all DR breaking Khopesh Kamas very nice weapons but extremly hard to get 2 on EE. In the End the low attack range was my biggest point in going back to thf, the damage was lower but i was always 2wf on Haek. Twf versus giants is the biggest <3<3<3 in this game :P

    With next Update the Dualwielding Bastard Sword looks interesting and its on of those things i will try out, nothing beats dual nightmares versus trash. Two EE versions of the PoP Bastard sword can be very effective against fire non-resistant mobs.
    As far as I can tell it's 12 AFTER the +3 tome so I guess you'll have to put a point in WIS while leveling

    The TWF is because I was planning on doing a similar build to the Juggernaut .. you know .. without being juggernaut (or artificer at all xD) but since the idea behind them is practically the same, the TWF performance should be similar.

Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload