Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Makkuroi View Post
    Im also looking for a better bow but dont know which one, Im not raiding that much recently and named bows from quests dont look that hot.
    The Roadwatch Bow out of the Highroad quest Rest Stop is not a bad choice for a named bow and is not too difficult to acquire. You can even farm the chest as it is quite near the entrance of the quest. With the battle engineer bonus, deadly weapons, along with destiny abilities that add to crit's and (w)'s you can do a fair bit of damage with it.
    Persius, Equus, Maeric, Khaaldun, Robotcoupe
    The Exploration Society ~ Thelanis

Community Member

Hmm I didnt think roadwatch was too convincing, only 0.5w better than a Cormyrian challenge bow, and only absolute law as damage mod... otoh, getting a good cormyrian is quite a gamble.
    Zeugen der Dreizehn, Thelanis:
    Makkuroi, chain TR: currently drow pure caster warlock
    PLs: Completionist; 3xWiz, Sor; 2x Pal, Brd, Monk EPLs: 3x CotQ,Brc,DS,EW,EC 1xFH,PLD ; IPLs: 2x BF; 3x PDK, SDK

Quote Originally Posted by Makkuroi View Post
    Hmm I didnt think roadwatch was too convincing, only 0.5w better than a Cormyrian challenge bow, and only absolute law as damage mod... otoh, getting a good cormyrian is quite a gamble.
    Well, there aren't too many other bows to chose from Don't overlook heartseeker on the Roadwatch, it's not great but when you are critting, you will get a good deal of damage from that. The tortured livewood bow is the same base damage but is less useful in my opinion. I guess you could craft a Cannith Elemental Longbow of Earth if you are in to challenges. Named bow's are sadly lacking in this game.

Community Member Son_of_the_South's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTFM View Post
    gave up farming for it. it is really nice at low levels always wanted one.
    Keep at it :-)

Took me a while (ransacked 2 characters) and it s along way to run to get out there. There are some rares on the way that are worthwhile too, Scorchtusk for the wraps; use against slimes and Dulse for Greatbow of the Scrag; which i haven't used as much as repeaters are better at this level, but i have to say, for twink gear, it's awesome.

I was still using it at level 9 for certain level 7 (running everything on elite) quests. Obviously not ideal for undead (I crafted a Holy Undead bane staff for this, could also use a Maul but i liked the Air centered bonus at these levels).

Now im using a GA mostly and waiting for the MINII GA to become avail but that spear just kicks ass early on.

Community Member

Must have been a lot of players reading this thread in the last few weeks. Today I have played in two pugs so far and each had three different juggernaught builds.
    Before today I was still seeing a lot of them but lately it has just gone silly.

I would never say 'nerf them'. But geesh... one whiff of potential power and its like flies to poo...

Founder

Default level sequence for ranger version

I have probably looked at this thread a hundred times and just noticed something on the first page for the ranger version.

the leveling summary under the planner shows:

AMMRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

but the planner shows the sequence for the first 6 levels as:

AMMARR

I don't know that it really makes any difference for feat selections, you would end up the same after 6 levels. but wondering if the planner version, with the second Artie level taken at 4 might be a little better for allocating skill points into the rogue skill areas?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jakedamus View Post
    Must have been a lot of players reading this thread in the last few weeks. Today I have played in two pugs so far and each had three different juggernaught builds.
    Before today I was still seeing a lot of them but lately it has just gone silly.

I would never say 'nerf them'. But geesh... one whiff of potential power and its like flies to poo...
    for me, jugg isnt so much about power (maybe lack of gear and full destinies) but about versatility, survivability and soloability. It takes a while to solo even EN epic GH (in non-maxed destinies) but since I got lucky with caster items (torc and bauble without farming for them) my jugg can keep going forever. With trapskills, high saves, and evasion, he can deal with any situation. UMD gives access to teleport which I sorely miss on divine lives. A caster could run the same content much faster, but has problems with traps and running out of spellpoints.

Im keeping my jugg at cap for farming and PDK favor, while my caster is TRing through different caster lives.
    PLs: Completionist; 3xWiz, Sor; 2x Pal, Brd, Monk EPLs: 3x CotQ,Brc,DS,EW,EC 1xFH,PLD ; IPLs: 2x BF; 3x PDK, SDK

Default Challenges

I nearly have all the gear, saving for some GS clickies, pinion and the challenges items (belt & ring).
    I tried soloing for the ring of the stalker but it was very hard and took a LOOONG time.
    Looking at both items I see that I need Extraplanar mining (labor/ dragon). Kobold island shortcuts and Rushmore's mansion.
    I know you can change items into the other version at a 2.1 rate. but what is the best method to farm these, or solo perhaps? Video's or other tips are appreciated.

On a sidenote. I noticed the ranger version of this build has leftover enhancement points. I just fill in the blank with whatever, but just a heads up.
    Living in the Twilight, Under the Moon

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Is there a bladeforged version of this mad insance OP build?

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Is there a bladeforged version of this mad insance OP build?
    Well u can just use the 32 point Paladin version, but honestly doesnt make alot sense, youre probably better off with someclass combo that doesnt feature reconstruct. Maybe a pally monk ranger with dualwield or something like that for the bladeforged.

As a side note, just Trd today again with Haek into Juggernaut after grabbing 3rd ranger and another rogue life, hope this is the last time if have to TR :P

Cya
    Haek N' Slay (©ompletionist Juggernaut / Zeus Life 61 of 61)My Toon is better than your toon.Mitis Mors - Thelanis

i'm strongly considering TRing my wf barb into this build so i can start playing him instead of leaving him parked because of the amp issues. this will be his final life tho and i don't want to go with something that will become outdated a year from now. how does this build project for longevity in that regard?
    madizm | avania | sickcide | seleenious | sicklecell

Quote Originally Posted by Roland_D'Arabel View Post
    The Roadwatch Bow out of the Highroad quest Rest Stop is not a bad choice for a named bow and is not too difficult to acquire. You can even farm the chest as it is quite near the entrance of the quest. With the battle engineer bonus, deadly weapons, along with destiny abilities that add to crit's and (w)'s you can do a fair bit of damage with it.
    Right now, I own an ee version of it, but rarely use it. It is supreme for meat bags but it fails in Giant Hold.

I was lucky to pull a decent random gen bow (+6 Caustic of Divine Light). Without it, I was seriously considering crafting myself a Lit2 bow and get along with that till Pinion arrives, either chest or reward.

Bottom line: So not impressed by Roadwatch.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Quote Originally Posted by konexion View Post
    i'm strongly considering TRing my wf barb into this build so i can start playing him instead of leaving him parked because of the amp issues. this will be his final life tho and i don't want to go with something that will become outdated a year from now. how does this build project for longevity in that regard?
    Well lets look at the build, its getting a massive boost with next Update, and tbh i dont know a way to nerf it except nerfing almost everything in this game ^^

I just trd into it again as "last" life because i dont think it will lose power anytime in the next 1-2 years. Other builds might become viable as well, but the Juggernaut stays a beast.
    Haek N' Slay (©ompletionist Juggernaut / Zeus Life 61 of 61)My Toon is better than your toon.Mitis Mors - Thelanis

Community Member

Default ty

Thanx for this lovely build haek...I got ribo to lvl 25 jugg and i love it...traps ,crazy dps, more incoming boost now with new pass, ranged and melee atsm, great self heal, it was everything i could dream of..U're great

Quote Originally Posted by Lurzifer View Post
    Well lets look at the build, its getting a massive boost with next Update, and tbh i dont know a way to nerf it except nerfing almost everything in this game ^^
    Just curious what is coming in the next update that you see as a massive boost?

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Right now, I own an ee version of it, but rarely use it. It is supreme for meat bags but it fails in Giant Hold.

I was lucky to pull a decent random gen bow (+6 Caustic of Divine Light). Without it, I was seriously considering crafting myself a Lit2 bow and get along with that till Pinion arrives, either chest or reward.

Bottom line: So not impressed by Roadwatch.
    Yeah, I know what you are saying. I've been using a similar random loot gen bow mostly and just recently got lucky pulling a Cormyrian bow with maladroit, hemorrhaging, coruscating and incineration. With many shot, incineration seems to proc a lot.

Community Member

Default Enhancement pass

Has anyone thought about how the enhancement pass will effect the build?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elvster View Post
    Five posts up... by the guy who started the thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Lurzifer View Post

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elvster View Post
    hmm at least the weapon attachment and repair amp from warforged are definitely a plus (+0.5w, +15% repair healing), not exactly sure about other stuff, for example pally defensive stance, or low lvl arcane archer stuff if doing the ranger variant. Arti stuff didnt seem too convincing to me but maybe i overlooked something.

I wonder if the monk defensive stance from shintao (-offhand procs, +PRR) works when not centered, or works with power attack...
    Last edited by Makkuroi; 07-24-2013 at 11:13 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roland_D'Arabel View Post
    Just curious what is coming in the next update that you see as a massive boost?
    New pass is almost here and I wanted to ask if the tier 2 trees could be taken with just 2 levels of Monk/Ranger.

The question is mainly would Deepwood sniper tier 2, and Shintao Monk tier 2 abilities be so easily accessible on Juggs?

Deepwood gives Second damage boost, tendon cut, mark of the hunter, horizon shot.

Shintao defensive strikes, iron skin, smite, elemental ki strikes, conditiong.

Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast