Necklace: Stormreaver Necklace Disease slotted, Conc Opp 45 HP Greensteel
    Trinket: Planar Focus of Prowess 3 Str
    Cloak: Jeweled Cloak 7 Resistance & 7 Constitution slotted
    Belt: Epic Spare Hand 7 Wisdom & 35 HP slotted
    Ring: Seal of House Avithoul 2 Wisdom
    Ring: Ring of Master Artificer Globe & Good Luck slotted
    Boots: Threads of Falling Shadow
    Gloves: Nether Grasps
    Bracers: Ogre +8 of Superior Parrying (With slot if possible)
    Armor: Black Dragon Docent Heavy Fortification slotted

Weapons: Cleaver Tier 3 Reconstruction slotted, Esos Good slotted, Pinion Tier 3 1d10 Acid slotted, Triple Positive Greensteel Maul

Clickies: Greensteel Displacement, Divine Favor, Deathward, GH, Grease J

The Paladin Version can basically use the same Layout the only difference is the need of a charisma item, either Goggles with Charisma or slotted into the Necklace both work fine.

-------------------------------

going to be a while before I have a lot of that but helps to have something to shoot for. will most likely be going the ranger version and I didn't see anything boosting Charisma stats. am I missing something or do you throw a +7 into an extra clear slot, possibly the bracers?

or, based on the comment for gearing the Paladin version, are you not worried about a lower CHR score on the ranger? for the ranger side, the biggest benefit would be to increase UMD, and betting you would have a + item to swap in somewhere if really needed to hit a scroll use

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kendo View Post
    question about the gear layout you have listed on the first page

Gearlayout for Ranger Version:
    Goggles: Intrigate Field Optics 8 Int, Blindness & Fear Immunity slotted
    Helm: Black Dragon helm 3 Con, Deathblock & 14 PRR slotted
    Necklace: Stormreaver Necklace Disease slotted, Conc Opp 45 HP Greensteel
    Trinket: Planar Focus of Prowess 3 Str
    Cloak: Jeweled Cloak 7 Resistance & 7 Constitution slotted
    Belt: Epic Spare Hand 7 Wisdom & 35 HP slotted
    Ring: Seal of House Avithoul 2 Wisdom
    Ring: Ring of Master Artificer Globe & Good Luck slotted
    Boots: Threads of Falling Shadow
    Gloves: Nether Grasps
    Bracers: Ogre +8 of Superior Parrying (With slot if possible)
    Armor: Black Dragon Docent Heavy Fortification slotted

Weapons: Cleaver Tier 3 Reconstruction slotted, Esos Good slotted, Pinion Tier 3 1d10 Acid slotted, Triple Positive Greensteel Maul

Clickies: Greensteel Displacement, Divine Favor, Deathward, GH, Grease J

The Paladin Version can basically use the same Layout the only difference is the need of a charisma item, either Goggles with Charisma or slotted into the Necklace both work fine.

-------------------------------

going to be a while before I have a lot of that but helps to have something to shoot for. will most likely be going the ranger version and I didn't see anything boosting Charisma stats. am I missing something or do you throw a +7 into an extra clear slot, possibly the bracers?

or, based on the comment for gearing the Paladin version, are you not worried about a lower CHR score on the ranger? for the ranger side, the biggest benefit would be to increase UMD, and betting you would have a + item to swap in somewhere if really needed to hit a scroll use

thanks
    Another option is an ee ghostwaking cloak. I see that as an obvious upgrade to the jeweled cloak.
    Pound-For-Pound Forum Champ

Default Nice

I like the build and the videos of it... Do you need any certain past lives for the monk pally version.... Thinking about TRing into this build on my fourth life to get my arti life over... I cant wait to try it

Quote Originally Posted by aarona View Post
    I like the build and the videos of it... Do you need any certain past lives for the monk pally version.... Thinking about TRing into this build on my fourth life to get my arti life over... I cant wait to try it
    Not really. Nice to have though. I have a fairly well geared, and tomed up first life juggernaught pally version. Lot's of fun.
    Orien- Kelerak(completionist)/Cetus, Keleryn/Zeus, Kertha/Ice Bard, Kelerah/Barbarian
    ]

Community Member

I looked the videos, I read the whole thread, but I still don't understand how you guys manage to do so insane base damage ...

Can someone give me a math lesson ?

Thanks

Community Member

'edit' don't work for me, but I forgot one thing : please

Quote Originally Posted by otando View Post
    'edit' don't work for me, but I forgot one thing : please
    I do not know how many lives the OP has stacked but with 3 ranger and 3 monk lives that is +9 to base dmg for ranged and ad in completionist + the best gear and fully upgraded...
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

Community Member

Currently, I only do 2digit base damages ... so, I can hardly imagine how past-lives and gear could push me to 100's base damage ... but 300's ??

Feeling n00b and confused ...

Quote Originally Posted by otando View Post
    Currently, I only do 2digit base damages ... so, I can hardly imagine how past-lives and gear could push me to 100's base damage ... but 300's ??

Feeling n00b and confused ...
    That is stacked blitz dmg. Watch the EE ToR run that is FotW...

I am thinking about trying Juggernaught out on a Bladeforged - What would be the ideal starting stats for a 32 point build (sorry, but the OP doesn't really say what the stats should be for a 32, or even a 34, point build)?
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

Fernian Summer Carnival

Community Member

Default Got one question???

What is all the clickys i see you guys with in the vedios?? List all the gear please??

Quote Originally Posted by tenchu041 View Post
    What is all the clickys i see you guys with in the vedios?? List all the gear please??
    GS displacement clickies.

Community Member

Default Bladeforged Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Ziindarax View Post
    I am thinking about trying Juggernaught out on a Bladeforged - What would be the ideal starting stats for a 32 point build (sorry, but the OP doesn't really say what the stats should be for a 32, or even a 34, point build)?
    Well after several rerolls, found a Bladeforged build I like that might help.

Starting Stats:
    STR 15
    DEX 15
    CON 16
    INT 13
    WIS 6
    CHA 8

+3 Supreme tome at level 11
    1 level up in DEX for Improved Precise Shot, rest in STR.
    Class order: PAMMPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Feats:
    Point Blank Shot, Cleave, Toughness, Great Cleave, Weapon Focus: Ranged, Bow Strength, Improved Critical: Slashing, Rapid Shot, Precise Shot, Quicken Spell, Manyshot, Improved Critical: Ranged, Improved Precise Shot, Overwhelming Critical.

Could drop DEX to 14 and add level up in STR if not looking into IPS and get Mithral Body instead. Or add into CON with the level up for Epic Toughness or CHA for more saves.

P.S. starting with -2 DEX is a b****.
    I think you'll definitely need the investment in +3 tomes to make this work, and without TR/LR might not be worth it.

Community Member

As tempting as starting at 15 is, due to the dex penalty (and having to have level 1 as paladin), I don't think Bladeforged is the best option...

I have been (slowly) leveling up a first lifer doing the paladin version and I'm really enjoying it. I still question the "Mithral Body" feat at 9 though, I just can't see ever having enough AC for it to really matter? But I don't know what else might be better there, so I went with it.

Grabbing quicken spell around the same time you get flame turret really helps soloing your way through quests. It's a hard or next to impossible spell to get off if you get surrounded by enemies due to its long cast time, but a quickened flame turret can usually thin out a crowd very handily. At first I didn't think I needed quicken that early, figuring it was more for reconstruct and for casting while using tensers and such much later, but then I used my free LR and changed to quicken and things got MUCH easier, soloing.

The build overall is great, but it is a bit gear (and tome) intensive. I need str, dex, and int tomes still... and if I don't have the best search and disable gear for my level then it is hard to find and disable every trap due to relatively low int. Almost makes me think of replacing mithral body with Skill Focus: Search...

Still having a blast so far, though!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zoblefu View Post
    I still question the "Mithral Body" feat at 9 though, I just can't see ever having enough AC for it to really matter? But I don't know what else might be better there, so I went with it.
    Mithral Body is taken for the PRR bonus, not for AC.
    Last edited by Ceruleus; 05-29-2013 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoblefu View Post
    As tempting as starting at 15 is, due to the dex penalty (and having to have level 1 as paladin), I don't think Bladeforged is the best option...

I have been (slowly) leveling up a first lifer doing the paladin version and I'm really enjoying it. I still question the "Mithral Body" feat at 9 though, I just can't see ever having enough AC for it to really matter? But I don't know what else might be better there, so I went with it.

Grabbing quicken spell around the same time you get flame turret really helps soloing your way through quests. It's a hard or next to impossible spell to get off if you get surrounded by enemies due to its long cast time, but a quickened flame turret can usually thin out a crowd very handily. At first I didn't think I needed quicken that early, figuring it was more for reconstruct and for casting while using tensers and such much later, but then I used my free LR and changed to quicken and things got MUCH easier, soloing.

The build overall is great, but it is a bit gear (and tome) intensive. I need str, dex, and int tomes still... and if I don't have the best search and disable gear for my level then it is hard to find and disable every trap due to relatively low int. Almost makes me think of replacing mithral body with Skill Focus: Search...

Still having a blast so far, though!

Be that as it may, Bladeforged get Reconstruct as a SLA regardless of their class levels (thanks to their enhancement set up).

So that's not too bad.
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

Fernian Summer Carnival

This build seems Epic. No wait, it IS.
    I would love to play this, yet I only have a 2nd life (Sorc>Arti) Arti atm. Full repeater and finished gearing it so I don't think it is worth TRing that toon into this Juggernaut. So I would like to start from scratch for the ranger version, but I am not aiming for completionist. Which 2 past lives are worth the most for this build? (Was thinking Ranger/Fighter but feedback is appreciated. Any prejugger builds for this would be nice too ^_^).
    Also, most of it is actually very clear but I do have a couple of questions.
    First of all, I see feats and ED Twist with centered/ uncentered. But if you take mithril body you lose your centered position right? If not, what does influence it?
    Secondly, In the video's I see lots of gear that makes sense, Planar grid for GH, other clickies etc. Yet I see a full bar of GS Items( dunno which ones? Belts?) I assume via the text that those are also clickies, yet to me only displacements seems worth it to build a GS clicky item. What are the others, and, are they finished or only T2?
    Thirdly, besides the weapon / armor buffs, what spells do you take? I try to scroll everything so I can switch, yet still.
    Fourth, What +4 tomes are most neccecary for this build? I have acces to all +3 tomes so which ones should I aim for first?
    Last, but not the least. On the 2nd page you listed some tactics for leveling, but what do you do once done. It seems you usually open with manyshot. But what are your tactics in LD/Fury?
    Sorry for question bomb, but I rather ask questions here than play the build incorrectly.
    Living in the Twilight, Under the Moon

Quote Originally Posted by Zeronic View Post
    -snip-
    I'll reply with what info I know. +3 tomes are all you need, and you could make do with worse, but that's irrelevant - you've got +3s. http://ddowiki.com/page/The_Rare_Artificer_Scroll_List <-- Take everything on that list as a spell, and inscribe the rest at lv 1. (for all wizards/artis) As for combat, I didn't enjoy ranged, so I only used manyshot when 1) I could hit a bunch with IPS, because that gave nice numbers , 2) when I was in FoTW and wanted something dead (whatever that should be), 3) In Dreadnought, I'd drop manyshot, dmg boost, then activate blitz and get a few kills to give blitz some room incase I should get unlucky (which sucks).

In regards to GS clickies, not sure sorry.

Thanks for the reply, good answers. I have acces to all +3 tomes. Just wondered what the most wanted +4's were for this build. I saw dex, but it seems it doesn't really matter. As for spells, I do inscribe everything. I just wonder what people slot for everyday quests.
    Keep them answers coming!
    Living in the Twilight, Under the Moon

Quote Originally Posted by Zeronic View Post
    Thanks for the reply, good answers. I have acces to all +3 tomes. Just wondered what the most wanted +4's were for this build. I saw dex, but it seems it doesn't really matter. As for spells, I do inscribe everything. I just wonder what people slot for everyday quests.
    Keep them answers coming!
    You can't go wrong with +4's in Strength and Constitution.

As for spells: all weapon buffs, Resist energy, Armor of speed, Conjure Bolts, Reconstruct, Tenser's Transformation. For the main ones. Nice to have: Ablative Armor, Reinforce Construct, Stoneskin, Thundering Armor.
    Orien- Kelerak(completionist)/Cetus, Keleryn/Zeus, Kertha/Ice Bard, Kelerah/Barbarian
    ]

Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast