Default Ranger Build and Evasion

1st Question
    I'm playing around with some Ranger Builds and some suggest taking 2 levels Monk or 2 levels Rogue for evasion. But my Question is: Does double (or even triple) Evasion in some way stack? The Ranger gets evasion at lvl 9 so lvl 2 of either monk or Rogue would be useless just for Evasion in my opinion.

2nd Question
    Im planning on a Ranger / Rogue Tempest 34pt build with ranger past life and the ability to Disarm Traps and open locks.

I have some nice Kopesh to use for Tempest. Right now he is a 28Pt build 18Ranger 1 Rogue 1 Fighter Tempest III build and i like him for being able to solo and self heal and support groups with some decent DPS ( I know its not top notch any more) and he will True resurrect soon .

So is Tempest III still worth taking? Or should i stop the Ranger levels at 14 (4th Level ranger Spells) an take more fighter levels (for Weapon Spec Kopesh). Right now i'm thinking about:
    14 Ranger - 4 Fighter - 2 Rogue - Starting with lvl 1 Rogue, the 2-5 Ranger, Fighter at Lvl6 (for getting required Tempest feats), Ranger until Lvl16 and the taking the Rest Fighter (and Weapon Spec Kopesh) with 1 Lvl Rogue to catch up for the missing Skill Points (from fighter Lvls) in Disarm & Search and Open
    (4 Fighter for Weapon Spec Kopesh)

Starting with (34Pt)
    Str 18 (Mainly for TWF DPS)
    Dex 14 (Need 13 for Tempest Feats)
    Con 14 (I Know its a bit low but where to take from?)
    Int 12 (for required Skill Points in Open Lock, Search, Disarm and UMD)
    Wis 10 ( need at least 14 to get Lvl 4 Spells - possible to Lower to 8 wheni use an +6 item later)
    Cha 8 ( no need for - exept UMD)

+2 Tomes for Stats available and already taken ( so they should apply at appropriate lvl when Resurecting)

Would this be a viable Build?

Well i can answer one question anyway. Multiple evasion feats in no way stack, so if you are planning to take at least 9 levels of ranger then splashing something else just to get evasion would probably be a waste. The only way i could see that possibly making sense is if you weren't going to hit the 9th level of ranger until the very end of the build and you wanted evasion sooner.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spacey2000 View Post
    I'm playing around with some Ranger Builds and some suggest taking 2 levels Monk or 2 levels Rogue for evasion. But my Question is: Does double (or even triple) Evasion in some way stack?
    No. The people telling you to take monk or rog 2 to get Evasion either (A) mean before you get it from rgr 9, (B) expect you to take no more than 8 rgr lvls for whatever reason, or (C) are idiots.

Tempest III isn't a big DPS boost, but I'm willing to bet it's more than what Weap Spec gets you. To my mind, if you're going for at least rgr 14, you might as well go for 15 to get a 2nd lvl 4 spell slot (CSW + FOM) and 4th FE. At which point, the question is what can you do with those last 3 lvls which would be better than Tempest III? I suppose you could do something quirky like rgr 15 / rog 3 / ftr 2: 1 more feat (2 if you count dropping T3 pre-req feat), +1 STR enh, +1D6 SA, and W&S Mastery I than what rgr 18 / rog 1 / ftr 1 gets you.

thx for your answers

Ok Weapon Spec is out.

So would be rgr 15 / rog 3 / ftr 2 better than a rgr 18 / rog 1 / ftr 1 ( Keeping in mind i play solo 1/2 the time, had no Problems with low or mid levels - so the build should be High Level usable (perhaps Epic - I have the pack, but didnt play it till now)

O well tempest III or 2 more feats? hmm which other feats would add more to the dps than tempest III?

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

You might want to check out this thread, where they're debating (among other things) whether Tempest III or Overwhelming Crit is better.