Community Member

Default A question about named items and player level.

I'm having terrible luck when it comes to getting Rune Arms in quests and I was thinking that I don't really understand hw quest end rewards relate to character level.

As an example - If I want to farm The Devourer's Hunger which is ML:7, do I need to be at or around level 7 to ensure that the item appears as a reward at the end of the quest? Or can I keep going back to the quest and farming it at higher levels?

Community Member

You can come back.

Community Member

Awesome. Thanks.

For what I know toon's lv doesn't influence at all loot %.
    So better for u to use a high lv toon to zerg out the quest quickly and get more chances in less time
    ALL HAIL TO ITS SQUISHY-MAJESTY SIR KNORR, LORD OF OOZES AND MASTER OF SLIME
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=386688

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

AFAIK, neither your char lvl nor the quest's difficulty setting has any bearing on drop rates for most gear. The only exceptions are the new named gear in U15 & U16, which is scaled based on quest difficulty.

Also remember if you've got a shared bank, any BtA gear (inc. most Rune Arms) can be farmed with any char & passed via the shared bank. So if you're getting Ransack and/or you stop making XP, you can always switch to an alt, so at least you're getting something for all your farming.

If your character is substantially below the level of the quest, then normal loot will not appear and you get appropriate-for-your-level drops instead.

I pulled one of my level 4 bank mule characters into a level 12 quest on elite, and he was pulling masterwork weapons out of the chests.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

I got the dstinct impression from a very small amount of anecdotal experience that if you're being power-leveled you won't get named gear in chests. The anecdote:

My level 15 challenge farmer monk occasionally blows through siegebreaker on normal for renown and slaying arrows*. He typically ends up selling a metric ton of named gear, particularly garmens of equilibrium. Often there are multiple garments per run.

A capped guildie was getting ready to tr into a monk life so I joined him on a siegebreaker run to try and pull the garments for him. Since he was 20 my 15 was getting powerleveled, and that run is the only run where I never got a single named item in any chest.

*My experience is that slaying arrows for crafting drop most often in level 13 quests, meaning 14 casual, 13 normal, 12 hard or 11 elite.

If the runearm you want is an end reward for a heroic quest, run the chain that drops it three times. It will always be there on the third run.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.