Default Fred Feat Swap Broken?

Is there an issue with Fred for artificers?

TR'd to an arti about 2 weeks ago, and I haven't been able to swap feats since. It only displays the last feat I acquired.

I tried searching the forums, but haven't found anything recent.

I have a ticket in, but wanted to query the unwashed and huddled masses...

Thanks,

-dean

It's a very old, longstanding bug. It can happen to anyone, but seems to hit TRs/LRs more frequently. Only way to fix is to TR/LR again and pray that a) it fixes fred b) it doesn't do something like wipe out your EDs.

GMs will at best tell you to LR. They will not fix it.

ok, thanks...

i do remember it being an issue ages ago. guess it was never fixed.

to add insult to injury, i was going to use a heart to lesser reincarnate and after i spoke to kruz and typed in my toon's name to confirm, it consumed my lesser heart and gave me a bunch of error messages.

i logged out and no reincarnate button.

logged back in and no heart... checked a vendor to see if i could "buy back" - as if i destroyed it - and no dice.

i am... sad.

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

Quote Originally Posted by dean.rys View Post
    to add insult to injury, i was going to use a heart to lesser reincarnate and after i spoke to kruz and typed in my toon's name to confirm, it consumed my lesser heart and gave me a bunch of error messages.

i logged out and no reincarnate button.

logged back in and no heart... checked a vendor to see if i could "buy back" - as if i destroyed it - and no dice.

i am... sad.
    The game might have done you a favor. LRing has the slim possibility of wiping out all your epic destiny xp. So if you have ED xp, you are just playing Russian Roulette with it when you LR. TRing does not run this risk, but LRing does.

Sorry you lost your heart though.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer

That sucks.

My mostly uninformed guess is that there is extended data about your character that is stored separately from the core data of your character, and that extended data includes what feats you took when. This extended data can sometimes somehow become corrupt, resulting in Fred not working. And when this data is corrupt, it can cause Bad Things (TM) with LRs. Which is really dumb because the GMs tell you to LR to fix it.

But that's just a guess.