Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamas View Post
    So like only 25% of all eSoS' will have a red slot? Sounds fun
    Was mostly referencing the eveningstar series that presently lack any, but fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    Please tell me the dropped Augments are NOT BTC unless they are raid quality.
    Good question. +1
    Inferus Sus Thelanis; Primary Bodies:
    Adamantbody, Brassbody, Carbonbody, Ironbody, Uraniumbody
    Body Designer: Bodybuilder 20 Artificer

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

First I'd like to say this looks awesome, I look forward to it and any other QoL Improvements you guys have coming to us but I just have a few things I'd like clarified.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Colorless Augment Slots take +1 of the item’s total enhancement value.
    Red, Blue, and Yellow Augment Slots take +2 of the item’s total enhancement value.
    Purple, Orange, and Green Augment Slots cannot be found on random treasure. They are found on named treasure only
    Which makes sense but when I put a augment into the slot does the Enh Value increase further?

To convert an old Epic item to use the new slots, place the item you would like to convert into the Altar of Epic Rituals along with 50 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments. This performs the “Cleansing Ritual”, which updates items to the new Augment Slots
    Can you do the same with guild slots since their also getting converted?

Augment Slots will appear in one of seven different colors: Colorless, Red, Blue, Yellow, Purple, Orange, Green
    Will there be anyway to convert say a yellow slot on a lootgen item (random or cannith ready) to a different color that is valid for that item ie. A Weapon could go from Colorless -> Red
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

it looks to work allong the same way cannith crafting SHOULD have worked without adding min level to the item.

I don't understand many of your complaints... the way I read it is the +<Augment Bonus> has a min level (of item) to slot that Random Item with that Augment, IT WILL NOT raise the random item by that many levels (listed above), the random item level will stay the same after the augment is added, as long as the item already was over the level of the augment.

20% of the time the item will generate with one or more empty augment slots. The item will be a bit weaker overall on its OTHER randomly generated stats because you will have the ability to customize it to your liking with augments (item stats + open slots = that random items adjusted min level). Once you slot augments into the item the level dosent change levels (because the level was already determined using the empty slot as a placeholder for an appropriate level augment).

It biggest problem I see is the 9 MILLION new items (augments) you will generate while you look for appropriate LEVEL items to put them in... In stats alone that is it? 6 stats * 9 levels of augment (+1 to +7, 2 different exceptional levels) = 54 possible DIFFERENT + STAT augments that can drop .... just on stats thats finding a place for up to 54 NEW items you dont want to throw away... never mind every level of every other augment that will be availible.. where are we going to put these? can augments be crafted?
    Last edited by Zzevel; 01-15-2013 at 05:28 PM.

So what exactly is happening to guild slots then? Are they going to be replaced with some other guild upgrade in the future or are they eventually going to be deleted from the game? I find it sad that guild bonuses are going away when they help provide a incentive for a person to be in a guild.
    Here's a riddle for you: What do you call people who play the game for only a day and apparently know everything?

Community Member

So, uh, yeah. Is it U17 yet?

Seriously, this system looks really good and I am seriously looking forward to playing with it in U17. Good job on this one Turbine, especially with the option to not convert epic items to the new system. Personally, all of my stuff will get converted, but giving us the option to do it or not is one of the best things about this system.

Also, thank you for the heads up on this, will have to re-install lamma land when U17 hits lamma so I can play around with it.

Community Member

*cough* 114 spellpower on tier 3 martial alchemical weapons? As a caster FvS seeking Alchem Wis +2, yes, yes I think I will take that deal.

Community Member

Any changes planned to the auction house to let us search for items that have augment slots?

Looks like a great improvement over the current epic slot system. Also nice or interesting to see it available at lvls other than 20.

It is interesting to see it's completely divorced from guild augments. No GL requirement etc. I don't think that's a bad thing, just interesting.
    Someone got it wrong. Everyone expected the Spanish Inquisition because they were required to give 30 days notice, by law.
    I can be found on Orien. My more active toons are Cilon, Solstone in Your Pack, and sometimes Acroyer.

The Guild Bonuses to skills have been eliminated? Presently you have the option of slotting a guild bonus to spot, or search into slotted goggles. Has this functionality been eliminated? I'm guessing because slotted benefits are enhancement bonuses, they would no longer stack with canith crafted gear. (so no more 'exceptional' Guild typed bonuses)

How compatible is this with Cannith crafting? Does disjuncting clear the slot?

Are they permanent like epic items or timed like guild augments?

By all appearances it looks as though I would have to use both slots on an ESOS in order to break dr in the same fashion that I could before with one augment slot (devil's ruin).

Is this accurate?
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    Was mostly referencing the eveningstar series that presently lack any, but fair point.
    I was wondering this myself. I'd love a blue slot in my terrorweb chitin breastplate.

Will we soon be able to collect and craft gems to put into those slots ?

Will spell power augments on a weapon grant Implement bonuses?

Edit: Also, are we going to be able to Cannith craft some of the augment crystals? (ex. +1 thru +6 Stat crystals)

Edit II: Why not just convert over the Guild Augment items and sell guild crystals that don't increase the ML of an item?
    Last edited by QuantumFX; 01-14-2013 at 02:35 PM.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasthug View Post
    I was wondering this myself. I'd love a blue slot in my terrorweb chitin breastplate.
    My expectation is that, based on FoS's quote below, that only Mod 9 (Sept. 2009 timeframe) and before named items are being modified.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    The Mad Lute gets a revamp in Update 17, along with a couple hundred of other named items from Module 9 and previous updates to the game.

The only raid with items that will be changed is Tempest's Spine, so don't feel like you need to stop playing raids until then. Some specific favorites that we felt people would be sensitive to changing are also not being altered- Carnifex, Docent of Defiance, Spell Storing Ring, Planar Gird, and similar.

Expect more details in a few weeks. Merry Chrismahannukwanzisolstifestivus.
    Inferus Sus Thelanis; Primary Bodies:
    Adamantbody, Brassbody, Carbonbody, Ironbody, Uraniumbody
    Body Designer: Bodybuilder 20 Artificer

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Initial thoughts, this is going to be a great boon for battleclerics, melee arcanes, cleric or wizzy arcane archers etc. as the ability to stick a nice high spellpower on the primary melee/ranged dps weapon will make a great difference - my own battlecleric is already grinning at the thought of 114 positive spellpower on an epic antique greataxe, and all those melee LoB FvS will be gunning for sticking that (or maybe light/alignment) on an eSoS...

Second thought, those unspecified named augments could be an interesting way to do raid or special loot.. instead of, say, the cloudburst greatsword, you could instead get, as an example, a "gem of the stormreaver" which would let you stick the cloudburst effect on any item you want which happens to have the right augment slot... that could be a really interesting approach towards making raid loot type effects which can effectively be used by any character regardless of their specific weapon preferences.
    Last edited by FuzzyDuck81; 01-14-2013 at 02:28 PM.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Looks pretty good.

What is with items that had like 1 blue and 1 colorless slot?
    Like when you already slotted the blue with an "old" enhancement llike heavy fortification, can you still apply a new effect to the colorless slot when it's still untouched or do you have to cleanse the whole item first?
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

At first glance it looks really good and basically what I was hoping/expecting.

Looks like there will be nothing that we could do with the old system that we can't do with the new one, so no rushing out to slot stuff and get grandfathered in. OK, so maybe there's some stacking stuff with old guild slots, but bleh, I'd rather have one of these slots than an old guild one. I hate rushing around to make something on some kind of deadline.

I can't wait to find out what slots all the FR epic stuff will get added to it! That's when the gear slotting puzzle will truly begin!

[edit]My only concern is actually that some of the blue slot stuff might be a bit too strong... +7 resistance for example is AFAIK the best available, and +14 PRR is actually better than either of the +PRR named items (12 on EE bastion, 9 on Adamantine cloak of the bear). I'd kind of prefer slots to remain "slightly less than the best from a top tier item property." 114 spellpower and +7 stats are good examples of the right balance.

[edit2] I'd like to see 10% melee alacity added to one of the lists, probably yellow. It's another one of those things I really like to slot, and isn't really that powerful (is less than haste, and doesn't stack with it), but can be a pain to slot.
    Last edited by Dolphious; 01-14-2013 at 02:34 PM.
    Gildus, Yhvain, Sabathiel, Einion

Cannith, GOCI
    Be Chill, have fun

Additional query on top of the bit about what color they'll end up: is the difference between small and large guild slots being removed, and will the augments purchasable from the vendors be the same, or a different type of bonus as otherwise gathered?

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast