Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

When on a Craftable item, a Colorless Augment Slot adds +1 to the item’s total enhancement value. Red, Blue and Yellow slots add +2 to the item’s total enhancement value, and a Purple, Orange, and Green Augment Slot (if at some point they are available on an item which can be made Craftable) would add +3 to the item’s total enhancement value.
    Just HAVING a slot increases an items value? I can see using the slot increasing it, but just having it?

So, A new armor with a colorless slot basically would need a master craftsmanship shard to counteract it whether it's being used or not? If it has a colored slot, you're taxed for it whether you use it or not, now? A +1 Superior Stability armor with a blue slot and Master Craftsmanship I will be ML 15?

Will we see new Cannith Recipes for higher tier Master Craftsmanship shards?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    As noted in the original post, they are Enhancement bonuses. As bonuses of the same type do not stack, they will not stack with other Enhancement bonuses.
    Why not make those bonuses smaller but stacking? I mean IN ADDITION to what you have listed in the OP.

Like a +15 HP or +50 SP or +8 PRR. It would give us even more room for customization.

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    Why not make those bonuses smaller but stacking? I mean IN ADDITION to what you have listed in the OP.

Like a +15 HP or +50 SP or +8 PRR. It would give us even more room for customization.
    The goal is to provide you with more options to help you slot bonuses that you were unable to fit on your gear, not to provide stacking bonuses that become the new must-haves. We'd prefer to avoid stacking bonuses for this reason.

The goal is to provide you with more options to help you slot bonuses that you were unable to fit on your gear, not to provide stacking bonuses that become the new must-haves. We'd prefer to avoid stacking bonuses for this reason.
    Then eliminate all existing guild slots on equipment instead of allowing some people who have them now to have them forever.

Unless you take away the ability to slot guild crystals which means they will only be useful for about 6 hours after update 17 hits....please clarify. If you're point is to eliminate stacking bonuses, get rid of all of them, not some of them for new players and people who don't read the forums enough. Right?

No words can express how much I appreciate you guys doing this. This is not sarcasm, the game needed a reset on some things, it is now getting it.
    Was on Khyber, moved to Ghallanda

Nyess Malwyss Daireann Tylesia Shideh

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

It's well appreciated

BTW does the extra Ehn value apply before or after a gem is installed
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by WiseFreelancer View Post
    *cough* 114 spellpower on tier 3 martial alchemical weapons? As a caster FvS seeking Alchem Wis +2, yes, yes I think I will take that deal.
    Still happy with my Greater Spell Pen 9 paired with the +2 Wis, but a 114 spellpower augment in the OTHER hand sounds good.

Community Member

While the new system looks very good overall, there is the issue with legacy (guild augment) items. Creating legacy items in a multiplayer game like this is never a good idea, and one of the major problems I have had with DDO so far is that it rarely applies changes to items retroactively. This is even worse with guild augments because they can provide stacking bonuses that cannot be found anywhere else.

I strongly suggest converting all existing guild augment items to colorless augment slots, or removed entirely. Failing that, they should still be permitted to drop, but unifying the systems is a much better approach.

Also, there is still the unanswered question regarding +6 'Mastery' caster weapons. Currently, the +6 versions provide a major focus (or metamagic II) and have a total BPM of +16, while the +5's provide a greater focus and have a total BPM of +15.

So, the question is, does the shift from greater to major focus a result of the enhancement bonus on the weapon, or the base price modifier? So far, I have never seen a +17 BPM 'Mastery' one-handed weapon, but other +17 weapons & armor are possible - will we now be able to get +5 or +6 mastery weapons with augment slots at a +17 BPM now?
    Last edited by Muspellsheimr; 01-14-2013 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    Then eliminate all existing guild slots on equipment instead of allowing some people who have them now to have them forever.
    Starting to side and agree with this. You guys have done a good job of trying to eliminate the power vacuum. Guild slots, while small in comparison, is part of that.

While I appreciate and applaud not forcing us to switch to the new epic augment system on our items if we don't want to, the guild system is unique and creates an unfair advantage once U17 hits. I say eliminate it completely and don't allow it to linger, even if only till the next update.
    Was on Khyber, moved to Ghallanda

Nyess Malwyss Daireann Tylesia Shideh

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    Unless you take away the ability to slot guild crystals which means they will only be useful for about 6 hours after update 17 hits....please clarify. If you're point is to eliminate stacking bonuses, get rid of all of them, not some of them for new players and people who don't read the forums enough. Right?
    Their doing that to make it a smoother transition
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

I like it! Thank you for keeping power creep under control when possible.
    ~ Crate & Barrel Smashing, LLC ~
    ~Hydrode~ Sorc18/Pal2/Epic5 - Oaked FvS20/Epic5 - ~Guttts~ Bbn 5

This morning I was still pretty excited that our guild would soon be hitting 70. Now, not so much. *sigh*

The other changes I like for the most part, however. This is of course pending a more thorough reading.
    Heatherx (Completionist--honest, no stones)
    Toryen Warchanter 24 ~ Treslyn Cleric 26 ~ Lohikaerme Druid 24 ~ Khenshii Monk 28

Heroes of Light and Darkness ~ Argonnessen

silly question maybe. . .what other +spell point (not power) bonus is enhancement?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdragoon View Post
    silly question maybe. . .what other +spell point (not power) bonus is enhancement?
    Wizardry & Power (magi = wizardry IV, archmagi = wizardry VIII)

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    Any chance we can get larger bags in game? Cause the BtC bags from the store just don't cut it for me.
    Why were store bags ever BTC instead of BTA, anyway? Can you all fix that, and make it retroactive, please?

As noted in the original post, they are Enhancement bonuses. As bonuses of the same type do not stack, they will not stack with other Enhancement bonuses.
    Thus enforcing my point of its loss of desirability, Guild augments were desired because they were new bonusses that stacked...

Unfortunately, the Auction House technology in DDO does not currently support the ability to search for specific mutations (effects) on an item. While we would like to enable this feature someday, it is not happening in the immediate future.
    so something like
    +1 Augmented Maladroit quarterstaff of Banishing is not something you can code into items?
    Its already there with Silver, Cold Iron..... etc.....

You know you can do it!....

Edit: really... negative rep for this....negative rep cowards must love repping with anonymity.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 01-14-2013 at 05:54 PM.
    Jotmon -
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 17/15,RC 14/30), Jotlock(HC 38/42,EC 36/36,IC 15/15, RC 0/30)..
    and several once viable raiding alts dumped into the packmule stables..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Too bad I 'purchased' maximum character slots for my account, SSG has now chosen to cater the giveaway perks to benefit multiple freebie accounts instead of the paying customers.

Quote Originally Posted by tolero View Post

existing guild augment slots and the guild augment vendors will remain, but new items won’t have guild augment slots after update 17.
    please explain to me how this jives with feather saying they want to eliminate stacking bonuses??!1?!111

Community Member

We had guild slots, stacking bonuses, small thou.

Now we don't. I can't really understand this reason.

Here's another question:

Why are guild slots even an issue?

Just apply your augment system the way it is, minus the guild system removal.

So someone can get the super rare yellow slot AND large slot item with interesting affects, but so what? Is it that gamebreaking if a really hot item like that falls into someones lap? Consider that an extra couple months of sub money because that person is now really turned on by this game.

It seems trivial to me to just let the guild system remain, and adds a little more incentive (as it does now) to reaching higher guild levels, and doesn't remove the bling from my prized large slot items (for some of which I invested quite significant resources to acquire).
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Community Member

The most significant difference with this system is that it makes the alignment slots at level 8 and 12(I assume that's what's meant by "flag"). Not so good when the important dr breaking happens at 16+. There needs to be alignment bypass augments possible with 20+ augments.

Epic Sword of Shadow, for instance, loses a lot of wind out of its sails when it can't bypass good.

EDIT:
    Oh, and they took my suggestion regarding spellpower on red slots. Where "my" was probably thought of by other people, but I don't care.

EDIT:
    And another is heavy fort only slottable on lvl8 augments.
    Last edited by HalfORCastrator; 01-14-2013 at 04:44 PM.
    ME BARB, ME SMA-ok I stand here with pretty blue lines around me. ok I take damage. ok bye.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast