Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Wait . . . so LGA stuff is going away?

BOOOO!!!!!!!!
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Overall looks like a really good change.

I'll also echo that Yellow slots seem really weak, especially for non-blue bars. While Blue Slots seem very desirable (since some of old Yellow augments were moved to Blue). The biggest problem with that is you are more then likely to have more Yellow augents then Blue on nearly any set-up.

I'd like to see some of those old Yellow augments come back and perhaps add in a few other choices for Blue. As in at least consider moving GFL (or the new equivelent) back to Yellow, Give Blue back Toughness, Consider 150% Fort for lvl 24 Blue.

Otherwise, looks like a nice direction.
    Git off mah lawn!

If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

As mentioned in another thread; I am simply looking forward to the slots they add to older named items. I think this will be the key to success for the system. Adding augments to Sands or Delera items could really prolong their usefulness and generate more interest in acquiring them.

edit: I don't think the slots would change ML on named items
    -Anything is possible....if you don't understand the problem.
    -Better to be perceived a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.
    -Luck is simply a crossroads between circumstance and knowledge, both are things you can control.

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    The only thing which seems to be missing are 100-hour red crystals -- Demon's Ruin, Devil's Ruin, etc. Will they continue dropping in Devil Assault -- or anywhere?
    New versions of these couldn't make it into the initial launch of the system, due to time constraints.
    We wanted to remove anything that is temporary- as we've decided to change that aspect of the old system's design.

While these won't be in initially with Update 17, we do intend to add new versions of these augments in the future as named treasure, and without the temporary duration.

Community Member bradleyforrest's Avatar

The system seems nice, but I'm not a fan of losing guild augments dropping on loot. Time to start hoarding large slotted gear.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Existing guild augment slots and the guild augment vendors will remain, but new items won’t have guild augment slots after Update 17.
    This is a bad idea. Either keep guild augment drops or get rid of them all together. The proposed solution just creates a rift between old players who can benefit from stockpiled guild augment items and new players that can never get them. Given the stacking and no ML properties of guild augments they are undeniably better than the new system. To deny new players these items does them a disservice.

Lahar the Epic Trader in the Twelve sells some augments. Their costs in Epic Dungeon and Epic Raid tokens are lower than their previous costs.
    Can you please expand on what exactly "some augments" means. The last thing this game needs is more grind. I surely don't want to go through hundreds of chests hoping that the one augment I need drops. At the very least I would hope all the non-named >= level 20 augments are available.

We have decided the best way to make the transition to the new style of slots is to allow everyone to do it at their own pace.

Please keep in mind that the old style Epic Augment Crystals will no longer be available after Update 17, and they do not function in the new slots.
    Does this mean we can still slot old style augments after U17? As in, can we create the epic augment crystal now then slot it in a (unconverted) epic item after U17. Or do we have to create and slot the epic augments before U17?

Please note the following:
    • Most augment bonuses, unless otherwise specified, are an Enhancement Bonus.
    As others have asked. Do the HP bonuses provided by these augments stack with false life or toughness?

Quote Originally Posted by dejafu View Post
    Question: Blue Augments slots in this new system are listed as only being found on "Armor, Robes, Outfits, Shields, or other off-hand items."

There are a number of epic accessory items (Epic Cloak of Flames, Epic Spare Hand, etc.) that currently have the old Blue Augment slots. Will these slots remain Blue when placed in a Stone of Change, or will they be converted to Yellow (boo!!) or Green (yay!!)?
    The listed colors/equipment locations are with regard to randomly generated treasure, and are a general guideline. Named loot breaks the rules- it has whatever we decide to put on it.

For named gear that already has slots, its slots are retaining their current colors.

Quote Originally Posted by RoelHeeswijk View Post
    yeah, double post, I know, but really, when i look at it again yellow augments seem HORRIBLE.
    While I'm very enthusiastic about most of the changes, I'm starting to agree with this sentiment the more and more I look at it. Yellow slots got a lot of their best options removed and given to Blue without much to compensate (particularly for melees).

This is going to be a problem that will be especially aggravating since yellow slots will be by far the most common slots after colorless. Fewer options + more slots = a lot of empty slots.
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

The listed colors/equipment locations are with regard to randomly generated treasure, and are a general guideline. Named loot breaks the rules- it has whatever we decide to put on it.

For named gear that already has slots, its slots are retaining their current colors.
    Awesome, thanks Feather
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

Community Member

Thanks for the system you worked hard on feather !! looking forward to new things .

Be ready for the doomsayers that can't handle change !!

All in all, looks very interesting.

Questions:

1) What does the new augment HP bonus stack with and what does it not stack with? Edit: This has been answered, treated as a false life effect.
    2) You mention that augment slots have a +1 to +2 itemization cost. How does that work with caster stat sticks? Does that mean that if you would have got a +6 implement +120 element greater mastery stick, you instead get a +5/114/regular mastery/red slot, or a +4/120/greater/redslot? Will it be possible to find Meteoric/Mangling/Obscenity etc items with red slots or are we just not getting high enough loot levels to?
    3) Am I right in thinking we are going to be utterly flooded with augment crystals? Do they fit into ingredients bags?

And a comment. Please don't grandfather in advantages like stacking HP augments. Don't make newer players get stuck forever 20hp behind someone that's been playing as long as me. Either the 'guild' stacking 20hp is too powerful, in which case remove it from everyone, or it's not a problem, in which case make it available to old players and new players alike. (There's a precedent - this game did not grandfather in the benefits of the old stacking tomes but just gave everyone that had +3 or higher inherent bonuses from quaffing multiple +1 tomes a +2 bonus).
    Last edited by sirgog; 01-14-2013 at 05:22 PM.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member

4 points of intimidate is ONLY available via LGA. This change is not cool.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    All in all, looks very interesting.

Questions:

And a comment. Please don't grandfather in advantages like stacking HP augments. Don't make newer players get stuck forever 20hp behind someone that's been playing as long as me.
    Same questions here. And as much as I love my Large Augment gear, especially while TRing, I have to agree with the grandfathering comment as well. I will cry like a baby if (as I'm pretty sure is inevitable) these new augments do NOT stack the way guild crystals do, but at least the system will work the same for everyone, guilded or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

I should add that I'm not too keen on the whole "they drop randomly from chests." Just have a vendor where we trade tokens, plat, or whatever for them. I get that you're pushing for people to buy bags, but come on, there's not to be a less obnoxious way for you to nickel and dime us than flooding us with random junk to sort though.
    Gildus, Yhvain, Sabathiel, Einion

Cannith, GOCI
    Be Chill, have fun

Community Member

It has been asked many times but I will ask once again:

Do +35 HP, +200 SP, +15 PRR et similia stack with something? Are they unique bonuses?

One question, and I apologize if it's been asked already...

Will these new Augment Slots on randomly generated items be searchable on the AH, unlike the current Guild Augments?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphious View Post
    I should add that I'm not too keen on the whole "they drop randomly from chests." Just have a vendor where we trade tokens, plat, or whatever for them. I get that you're pushing for people to buy bags, but come on, there's not to be a less obnoxious way for you to nickel and dime us than flooding us with random junk to sort though.
    While I can see this getting annoying soon, I am all for it, especially if this is what allows them to start fading out the old legacy epic system, tokens and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    It has been asked many times but I will ask once again:

Do +35 HP, +200 SP, +15 PRR et similia stack with something? Are they unique bonuses?
    As noted in the original post, they are Enhancement bonuses. As bonuses of the same type do not stack, they will not stack with other Enhancement bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    One question, and I apologize if it's been asked already...

Will these new Augment Slots on randomly generated items be searchable on the AH, unlike the current Guild Augments?
    Unfortunately, the Auction House technology in DDO does not currently support the ability to search for specific mutations (effects) on an item. While we would like to enable this feature someday, it is not happening in the immediate future.

Yellow seems a bit lacking compared to live, if all current gear with Yellow stays the same.
    Last edited by SableShadow; 01-14-2013 at 05:22 PM.
    Brenna and Tzanna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

Devs - Thank you so much for giving us some stuff to digest! I've been checking the forums since the new year hit each day with the hope that some news is thrown our way.

As I'm considering the implications of this system, it looks pretty good so far, aside form the previously mentioned lackluster yellow list. A couple of immediate questions popped into my head:

1)Will Devil Assault continue to drop temporary augments for those of us that decide to keep some weapons with the old red augment slot?

2)My opinion of this system will depend enirely on how it improves my characters, which itself is tied entirely to how this system will manifest itself in endgame gear. I am very nervous about the potential injustice that you might do to endgame gear. Can you provide some reassurance about the kinds of slots that might appear on eveningstar named loot that would make them more appealing to me?

The special uber slots that have been referred to in the OP sound awesome. They have a lot of potential to provide incentive and longevity to some content.

Thanks for the info!
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast