Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    The only thing which seems to be missing are 100-hour red crystals -- Demon's Ruin, Devil's Ruin, etc. Will they continue dropping in Devil Assault -- or anywhere?
    I can see them leaving those as is being they are special named augment drops.

This looks fantastic. Thanks for all the effort done on it.
    Captains Crew, Ghallanda
    Tweakfoo (Monk, 7th Life) | Tweakbot (Wizard, 8th Life) | Tweakit (Bladeforged Fighter Mutt, 16th Life, Completionist)

Community Member

Nice system. Yellow augments seem a bit weak though.

The only real big issue I have with it is that it creates legacy items, for example items with a yellow slot that have GFL slotted (same for resistance4, and old Toughness in blue, if the new HP isn't toughness-like). It seems unfair that new players will never ever be able to get these.
    And I don't like the headache of the coming month in which I will have to figure out which item to slot how, because now it will be set in stone forever. I'll need to run cannith challenges like crazy to get multiples of the good items to slot in every possible combination that won't be possible later. I'll have to get lucky on an epic belt of mroranon because it's now or never for a GFL variant. Etc.

I don't mind change, if from u17 on all items would have to be reslotted i wouldn't complain at all, I like to adept. But I really dislike creating non-obsolete legacy items. (reminds of the Enduring Conviction fail :-/)

So. Even though I cringe to think of the inelegance of having hit points in both yellow and blue, I feel this is outweighed and I ask for you to either:
    -put the HP line in yellow (of course make it false life), and keep 20 Toughness HP in blue at level20.
    -make the blue HP-line toughness, and add Greater False Life to the yellow table at level20.

Also consider keeping resistance and protection in yellow, and giving blue something else, something new and exciting, there was no need for a shuffle. Honestly, the yellow augments can use an improvement anyway, what you propose now is pretty weak and I can't see anyone putting anything but colorless stuff in there.

Question: Blue Augments slots in this new system are listed as only being found on "Armor, Robes, Outfits, Shields, or other off-hand items."

There are a number of epic accessory items (Epic Cloak of Flames, Epic Spare Hand, etc.) that currently have the old Blue Augment slots. Will these slots remain Blue when placed in a Stone of Change, or will they be converted to Yellow (boo!!) or Green (yay!!)?
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Existing guild augment slots and the guild augment vendors will remain, but new items won’t have guild augment slots after Update 17.
    Could you make one small Quality of Life improvement for those of us who plan to continue using the old guild augment slots?

Increase the cost and duration of guild augment crystals by 4. We'll pay the same amount per hour of use, but we'll have to make fewer annoying trips to a Stone of Change.
    My Trade List
    My build: The Jack of Fists, Monk 12 / Ranger 6 / Rogue 2, melee generalist
    My toon: Agthorr on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by thunir View Post
    Updates to new U15/16 Epic Equipment?

Something like
    Epic Colorless
    Epic Hard Yellow
    Epic Elite Colorless and Green slot?

Also in the Cormyrian Crafting Arms and Equiptment/Cloaks?
    It would be EXTREMELY awesome if we could update the U14-16 equipment with augment slots.

Maybe make it a trade-in option at the PDK vendor: X number of commendations of Y variety will put an appropriate augment slot on a piece of Forgotten Realms named loot.
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

Got a serious concern here, first I assume the augments go into ingredient bags correct? Second, is anything going to be done to help us handle the insane quantity of those augments?

If I counted correctly, there's 287 augments in your list, +3 named ones you mentioned, that's a LOT of stuff going into our green bags, which are already full to the brink of explosion. My main has 7 large green bags in his inventory at all time, and he would need 4 more for those augments. Any chance we can get larger bags in game? Cause the BtC bags from the store just don't cut it for me.

Hero

Assuming Tolero's augment list is complete, several currently augments are not available in the new system:

Toughness
    Greater False Life
    +7 Enhancement Bonus (Weapons)

Also, in the new augment system is the "+Spell Point" augment classified the same as Wizardry? Or will Wizardry items and Spell Point Augments stack with each other?
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    Additional query on top of the bit about what color they'll end up: is the difference between small and large guild slots being removed, and will the augments purchasable from the vendors be the same, or a different type of bonus as otherwise gathered?
    Sorry, I just realized I skipped ahead of the conversation to when you realize you just invalidated new guilds getting renown enough to unlock the guild vendors, since in a year or so, there likely wont be a whole lot of guild-slotted items up for grabs, and the most obvious solution would be to convert the vendors to selling the new augments.

You have thought of that, right?

Community Member

Agree with previous poster that YELLOW slot needs Greater False Life alternative.

Thanks for listening ^

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    I can see them leaving those as is being they are special named augment drops.
    I was thinking that, yeah. Or at least DA will still drop SOME named gems to maintain it's niche as "the dungeon that has unique augments"

Default Bags! Augment Bags I say!

All I'm wondering is where are we going to carry all these new Augments?

Sounds like we'll be collecting tons of em, at 5% chance per chest.

Are we getting a new Augment bags? I'd hate to mix them up in ingredient bags or god forbid, just have them not bag-able!!!!

So give me Augment Bags, I say, in U17 before anything else.

Community Member

d0000000000000000000m!!!!!!!

I kid, this looks good.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    I don't quite understand why they are phasing out guild slots from dropping, but leaving the guild augment vendors in the game still.
    easy. Guild slots on random loot was always a small chance. So dropping that chance to zero has only a small impact on the current user community. LOTS of people and characters have guild slotted items they are currently using and benefiting from, and those require routine replenishment (every 6 hours...). Removing those supplies would basically just PO all those players for very very little game benefit. At small and medium guild levels, having those slots can be a nice boost to power/HP for example, on a par with some of the Ship bonuses, and both help support guild reasons for being.

I do think however, that killing the whole guild slots from dropping will over time remove one perk of being in a guild and they should consider this aspect of the proposed changes very carefully.
    Sarlona - Stormreach Requisition Company (SRC):Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8; Hennako-Human Cleric20; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15;more

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    Nope, it just means those medium and large slots just became a LOT more valuable since they won't be available anymore.

Huh... /runs off to corner the market before anyone else thinks of it.
    Yep! So glad I held onto my medium and large slot items.

Overall I like where this is going, and plenty of room for expansion. Good work guys!

Community Member

yeah, double post, I know, but really, when i look at it again yellow augments seem HORRIBLE.
    Look at the ML24 options.

-At level 24, noone is going to care for greater focus. If you made this major focus, it would be interesting. It is so easy to get either +2 spell focus mastery (orb, ada dragon cloak), or the relevant +2 added as an afterthought on a ML24+ spellpower stick.

-Resist 35, why not even superior? making it 10-15-20-25-30-35-40 wouldn't be overpowered on any level.

-And Archmagi. I guess with GS not being a given anymore you need your wizardry somewhere, so yeah this will actually be convenient for someone.

Basically only 3 options, of which I consider only the last one realistic, yet not something you can't get anywhere else.

If you want yellow to be the utility slot you'll need to come up with something better than underwater action. Maybe recombine stuff, at ML24 give both +10 poison and +10 resist. UA+FF. Fear+Blindness immunity. things like that.
    Or be a bit creative and add, uhm, delving-boots-FOM. Or immunity to those now-common slow effects on your attack speed. Death ward instead of deathblock.
    But better yet, move resist and protection back to yellow and give blue something else, for both balance and backwardcompatibilty reasons.

Looks Nice.

Though as someone said, some things are missing.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

The Hatchery

Why would you need to carry all +200 variants? Surely you won't need the ML12 versions all the time.

But I do support at least bumping the largest bag obtainable in-game up to extra large (150 items), because I have multiple large bags myself and it is hassle to juggle them around characters.

It's getting a little obvious that you're trying to sell bags; that colossal bag is really tempting.

Will the drop rates of epic scrolls, seals and shards be adjusted at all, due to the changes?

Quote Originally Posted by RoelHeeswijk View Post
    yeah, double post, I know, but really, when i look at it again yellow augments seem HORRIBLE.
    Look at the ML24 options.

-At level 24, noone is going to care for greater focus. If you made this major focus, it would be interesting. It is so easy to get either +2 spell focus mastery (orb, ada dragon cloak), or the relevant +2 added as an afterthought on a ML24+ spellpower stick.

-Resist 35, why not even superior? making it 10-15-20-25-30-35-40 wouldn't be overpowered on any level.

-And Archmagi. I guess with GS not being a given anymore you need your wizardry somewhere, so yeah this will actually be convenient for someone.

Basically only 3 options, of which I consider only the last one realistic, yet not something you can't get anywhere else.

If you want yellow to be the utility slot you'll need to come up with something better than underwater action. Maybe recombine stuff, at ML24 give both +10 poison and +10 resist. UA+FF. Fear+Blindness immunity. things like that.
    Or be a bit creative and add, uhm, delving-boots-FOM. Or immunity to those now-common slow effects on your attack speed. Death ward instead of deathblock.
    But better yet, move resist and protection back to yellow and give blue something else, for both balance and backwardcompatibilty reasons.
    My understanding is that augment slots aren't suppose to be a top-tier ability, it's for fitting in a necessary gear attribute that you don't prioritize high enough to dedicate an actual piece of gear to. If you're a DC caster you should get an item with a primary focus on DCs (caster stick with major focus on it, like staff of the necromancer or twilight). The slot would be for a secondary goal of the character, like a necromancy focused PM that also wants to do some enchantment.

That said I agree that they yellow slots are weak. HP (of the false life variety) should be moved from blue to yellow, and some other randomish qualties should be added (I mentioned melee alacity before, deathblock is another good one, 20% blurry should be added, I don't know about FoM as that's a rare quality on any item and to strong for a slot)
    Last edited by Dolphious; 01-14-2013 at 03:43 PM.
    Gildus, Yhvain, Sabathiel, Einion

Cannith, GOCI
    Be Chill, have fun

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast