+20 Electric Resistance
    +20 Sonic Resistance
    +75 Spell Points
    Proof Against Poison +6
    Proof Against Disease +6
    !!!Deathblock!!!
    Striding 20%

*snip*
    OMG, finally a deathblock augment - I love you devs!
    Argonessen (mains):
    Myriellah (Stargazer II), Xryn (Pale Master), Ryaleen (Air Savant), Mayeena (Assassin)
    Leader and founder of the ShadowThieves guild

My feedback on the entire issue at hand, in random thought order.

A) I don't think anything should be done to guild slots that people have worked for over the last few years. Long term play deserves some reward, and the reward here is for a pretty minor twink.

B) Over all, I like the new system and it seems smarter.

C) I would like to understand exactly what will happen to epic tokens at some point, and if that system will also go away, or be altered. I have to admit, I have never cared much for that system- and I have never once upgraded an item to Epic via the non-event routs. (I TR a huge amount however...)

D) I really disliked how the Winter Games "bug" destroyed existing low level buffs for Cold Damage, so giving people options on how they want to keep their stuff seems the best course of action.

E) FEEDBACK for the new system- As someone who plays Casters and healers only now- I seriously think you need to toss the Melee a bone here, and DOUBLE the amount of additional damage they are doing at the min levels you have listed.

As always, just my two copper.

muffinverbotten
    Now Diving in Lava, with the Lava Divers.

AKA, Cb,Cg,Cj,Cl,Co,Cp,Cq,Cr,Cs,Ct,Cw,Cx,Cz and...Edvard. All the other C's were taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    The goal is to provide you with more options to help you slot bonuses that you were unable to fit on your gear, not to provide stacking bonuses that become the new must-haves. We'd prefer to avoid stacking bonuses for this reason.
    So does this mean things like icy games crafting will be wiped as and added into the augment slot system... these provide stacking bonusses.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    So does this mean things like icy games crafting will be wiped as and added into the augment slot system... these provide stacking bonusses.
    Ice Games bonuses do not stack on top of standard item bonuses, they stack beside them.
    You can't make a Frost + Festival Icy Burst + Festival Frosy + Festival Frost Touch.
    Adding Festival Glaciation +66 to a Glaciation +48 item doesn't give you Glaciation 114.

Community Member

Edit: Posted to wrong thread

Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    so basically you're just combining guild augments and epic augments and adding more of what used to be "crystal of devils ruin" that do stuff in more than just red slots.

It's cool. It's not the revelation it might have been, and I think adding to the enhancement level and therefore lowering the quality of lootgen that has it is a HUGE mistake.

Lootgen now in some rare cases is on par with some of the better raid loot. Making it so there's a 5% of that exceptionally rare lootgen generating the same as now but with an augment slot is awesome, but not what you're planning.

I would beg you to NOT do that, and just make the augment slot a really lucky pull on the right piece of loot. It makes looting chests fun and worthwhile which keeps people running content.
    this!
    Khyber: Pinel ip!140+ / Laerak 120 / Sibeli 80 / Kaeral 100 / Gilmara 60 - Crafter 150/145/145

Community Member

Please put healing amp / health onto YELLOW augments as its currently super weak for melee characters and at least everyone likes health and healing amp ^

ML16: 10% healing amp (in line with dragontouched armor)
    ML20: 20% healing amp (in line with TOD ring/greensteel crafting)
    ML24: 30% healing amp (in line with some ML20 epic items)
    Last edited by Dace; 01-22-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Community Member

are astral shards used in these recipes for augments? because i hope not.
    removing guild slots, really, after making it so guilds can balloon up with the new renown system and then you take away their guild slots?

Everything augmented should be stackable!
    We are all lost travelers, on a journey to find that which we do not know, but it is not a prize we seek, but the road that must be taken, it is that inside us that drives us forward into the unknown.

Community Member

Some missing properties for augment slots in my opinion:

Exceptional fort. at all lvls.
    Deathblock at lvl12
    Superior False Life at lvl24
    Superior Resistances at lvl24
    Metalline at lvl24
    Aligned at lvl24
    Dodge at all levels
    Heightened Awareness at all levels
    Some property to increase MDB at all levels
    Keen for red slot at lvl4

and most importantly

Guards on accessories. Such as minor guards for lvl4, lesser guards for lvl8, normal guards for lvl12 greater guards for lvl16, low proc guards at lvl20 (like on greensteel), maybe powerful versions of guards at lvl24 (like greater incineration guard). Even equalivent of what you did for weapons would be a good choice for some people.

You can start adding guard effects at lvl8 and put low proc ones at lvl24 IF you think greater versions of low proc guards are overpowered. I am thinking this for yellow slots.

Low proc greensteel effects on weapons at lvl20 and above. We should be able to add lightning strike , disintegration to lvl20+ weapons in my opinion. lvl24 would be more suitable for these. At lvl20 we should be able to add something like Cloudburst instead of Lightning Strike, Sunburst instead of Incineration,etc

Anyway, these are what i *hope* for the updated augment slots at the moment.

"Red Augment Slots can hold Colorless or Red Augments. Red Augment Slots can only be found on Weapons, Shields, or other hand-held items."
    "Blue Augment Slots can hold Colorless or Blue Augments. Blue Augment Slots can only be found in Armor, Robes, Outfits, Shields, or other off-hand items."

Does this mean that a runearm will get red or blue augment slots? After all it IS a handheld item.
    Also instead of the +2 Insight bonus to Stat, make them an Exceptional bonus instead.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    "Red Augment Slots can hold Colorless or Red Augments. Red Augment Slots can only be found on Weapons, Shields, or other hand-held items."
    "Blue Augment Slots can hold Colorless or Blue Augments. Blue Augment Slots can only be found in Armor, Robes, Outfits, Shields, or other off-hand items."

Does this mean that a runearm will get red or blue augment slots? After all it IS a handheld item.
    All Rune Arms are "Named Items" (i.e. there are no randomly generated Rune Arms). As named items, Turbine can do whatever the **** they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    Also instead of the +2 Insight bonus to Stat, make them an Exceptional bonus instead.
    Unlikely. As FoS stated, the intent is to provide more diversity options, not additional stacking options.
    Inferus Sus Thelanis; Primary Bodies:
    Adamantbody, Brassbody, Carbonbody, Ironbody, Uraniumbody
    Body Designer: Bodybuilder 20 Artificer

So if we have epic items now with empty slots...

We could slot them now using epic tokens...

...or we could wait and then upgrade them to new system. Can we then buy (similar) augments using epic tokens and use these augments in the new slots or do we have to use the new augments purchased via (epic) giant-hold relics?

I have a bunch of epic tokens and if they are to have little use in the new system it would be handy to know beforehand.
    Ghallanda (Ex-Keeper, Ex-Boldrei, Ex-Beta). Mad-1 Leo (Rog), Oaksfist (Rgr/Rog), Booted (Brd), Dawnsinger (Ftr), Preying-1 (Fvs), Gibbery (Rog/Rgr), Sloped (Pal), Bugged (Wiz)

Allow some useful effects for the yellow slots, at least False Life.

Default in my sickbed

Currently in bed with flu, so have actually waded through all 19 pages of this.

Overall, thanks devs', it looks really exciting.
    I don't actually care if yellow slots should have snooze plus 1 or making dinner plus3 ,or whatever. It's all good.
    Whether guild slots come or go is something of a red herring, if you have them, then you will still have them. If you don,t have them, well, sorry, but tough.
    It's not "unfair" to new players, just the way it is.

What I do find irksome though is the (total?) lack of practical considerations.

The only things most people didn't like about the guild slot system was the 5 hour timer and the inabiity to overwrite augments.

Asfar as I can work out nothing will change......we will still have to refresh guild augs every 5 hours which is pretty poor/stupid.

practical problem number 2:
    Inventory/bag space. Something MUST be done about this. A free large bag per toon? We need some love on this.

Practical problem number 3:,
    Not being able to identify slotted items on the AH. This truly sucks.....and blows.
    Why CAN'T a slotted item have an (S) next it as has been suggested ? Any real reason? Or just laziness/sloppyness.

Don't get me wrong,,I am truly excited at the prospect of U17. But I would totaly thrilled if you included the above, as it is, I see a lot of time sorting bags, and standing around at the ah, which frankly, is totally rubbish.
    Last edited by Uma-Quixote; 01-28-2013 at 08:05 AM.
    "Im-plo-sion: For when you just absolutely HAVE to kill every M*****-F***** in the room".
    (Samuel L Jackson)
    Alts: Mercilless, Relenttless, Maliciouss: The Silence sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by Uma-Quixote View Post
    The only things most people didn't like about the guild slot system was the 5 hour timer and the inabiity to overwrite augments.

Asfar as I can work out nothing will change......we will still have to refresh guild augs every 5 hours which is pretty poor/stupid.
    I can hear FoS saying something to the extent of, "Why would you want us to improve on an old system when we have this new system?" (As he said something similar about upgrading old epic items vs. getting newer items...)

practical problem number 2:
    Inventory/bag space. Something MUST be done about this. A free large bag per toon? We need some love on this.
    This is why I'd been hoping that they would have extended the Cannith crafting potential on named items similar to how you can get crafting potential on the Cannith Challenge loot. No new ingredients, no new system to familiarize yourself with... but alas, it is what it is.

Practical problem number 3:,
    Not being able to identify slotted items on the AH. This truly sucks.....and blows.
    Why CAN'T a slotted item have an (S) next it as has been suggested ? Any real reason? Or just laziness/sloppyness.
    Least with guild augment slots you could sift through the AH faster on an unguilded toon.
    --

One practical consideration you may have missed, is that many named items got updated/revised -- all in all that is great. Unfortunately there are many named items (possibly the majority of them) that have had their min level increased. Often it is just 1-2 levels, but 4 levels isn't unheard of. There is even (atleast) one item that had no min level, but is now ML:8 ... (Fernian Wraps)

This presents a potential problem for lower levels... those good items we used at level 2 may now be ML:4, and the ML:4 items we used to enjoy may very well be ML:8...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    it will go on and on and on to level 999

Community Member

Default missing red augment

Long time reader, first time poster *grin*
    I *think* I am going to like the changes to the augment system, but one thing I see missing in the red augment line is the DR breaking Crystal augment that is currently available as a red augment. There are very few ways to break DR Crystal and I think it would be nice to see it added to the red line, maybe at lvl 16 or lvl 20 or somewhere in that range.
    I also agree that the yellow line needs more to it or many yellow slots will just never get slotted with anything.
    Last edited by Kyrryl; 02-09-2013 at 08:27 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrryl View Post
    Long time reader, first time poster *grin*
    I *think* I am going to like the changes to the augment system, but one thing I see missing in the red augment line is the DR breaking Crystal augment that is currently available as a red augment. There are very few ways to break DR Crystal and I think it would be nice to see it added to the red line, maybe at lvl 16 or lvl 20 or somewhere in that range.
    I also agree that the yellow line needs more to it or many yellow slots will just never get slotted with anything.
    There are over a dozen variants that are colourless and any of these will fit into a yellow slot so they wont go to waste after all. Colourless will go into any slot.

If an existing epic item has a slot that does not conform to the following color scheme:

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    • Colorless Augment Slots can only hold Colorless Augments. Colorless Augment Slots can be found in any type of item.
    • Red Augment Slots can hold Colorless or Red Augments. Red Augment Slots can only be found on Weapons, Shields, or other hand-held items.
    • Blue Augment Slots can hold Colorless or Blue Augments. Blue Augment Slots can only be found in Armor, Robes, Outfits, Shields, or other off-hand items.
    • Yellow Augment Slots can hold Colorless or Yellow Augments. Yellow Augment Slots can only be found on Accessory items. (Ring, Neck, Boots, Belt, Gloves, Eyewear, Helmet, Bracers, Cloak, Trinket)
    • Purple Augment Slots can hold Colorless, Blue, or Red Augments. Purple Augment Slots can only be found on named Weapons, Shields, or other hand-held items.
    • Orange Augment Slots can hold Colorless, Red, or Yellow Augments. Orange Augment Slots can only be found on named Weapons, Shields, or other hand-held items.
    • Green Augment Slots can hold Colorless, Blue, or Yellow Augments. Green Augment Slots can only be found on named Armor, Robes, Outfits, or Accessory items.
    Will it retain that same color slot if converted to the new system? I.e. if a belt has a blue slot now and I upgrade it, will it still have a blue slot?
    /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    If an existing epic item has a slot that does not conform to the following color scheme:

Will it retain that same color slot if converted to the new system? I.e. if a belt has a blue slot now and I upgrade it, will it still have a blue slot?
    Yes. Named items don't have to obey those rules; those are just for lootgen.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Yes. Named items don't have to obey those rules; those are just for lootgen.
    Cool. Thanks for the reply.

Next, what do we do with epic tokens under the new system? Do they still drop in dungeons? Can we buy the new augments with them?
    /sigh

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast