Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by btolson View Post
    I suggest divorcing most augments from this tiering paradigm, and instead set their ML to be that of the lowest level the effect can appear in the random loot tables, plus some constant factor (+2 or +3). Thus, +6 Wisdom augment augments would have an ML of 13 or 14, +30 HP augments would have an ML of 12 or 13, etc. I am uncertain exactly what level +7 enhancement ability scores, +1 exceptional ability scores, and +2 insight ability scores become available in the random loot tables, but they certainly do not occur before epic levels so those augments might be fine as they currently stand.
    Agreed, though oddly the tier 3 ML16 spyglass from cove has +1 exceptional int.

Great post overall, I love your suggestions and the coherent overall vision you put forth. It saddens me that it will fall on deaf ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Artos_Fabril View Post
    Granted.

EE should be ML 25 and +120 Radiance/Devotion.
    Ohhhhhhhhh yea that is awesome. Perfect. Just what I wanted.

Proof that FoS doesn't hate melee divines.
    Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
    Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor Barb 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 15 - Splatsplat DoS 18/2
    Quote Originally Posted by Auran82 View Post
    Numot talks enough for like 10 people. So yeah, 13 people in that channel.

Default Transform Kinetic Energy + Concordant Opposition

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    Not rare, but takes over a 100 completions. Wrong #1

Making Conc-Opp for toons never in quest. Wrong #2.
    Except for TR twink, you have to run the quest, at a minimum you need the Shards of Power.

If you're going to back up your examples with facts, you sorta want to have to facts be true...

I for one am still hunting a Seal for my quiver, and don't even get me started on epicifying Sands gear... Yes, there IS gear in the game that is still rare and special.
    Your remarks are correct, but I can only imagine stingy/elitist/wrongheaded arguments for wanting to keep TKE/concopp on such select pieces of equipment.

I think the spirit of Seph's point here is that we have items that are now more than twice the enchantment value of torcs and concopp accessories/weapons (discounting upgraded Tovens) and there's still zero new slots to put TKE in except a single high level runearm and zero new spots for concopp.

I personally have five out of the twelve torcs I intend to farm. It's not very fun farming them. It makes sense to me to have some other avenues to add them to your equipment to increase player fun/satisfaction via diversity.
    Character Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Agreed, though oddly the tier 3 ML16 spyglass from cove has +1 exceptional int.

Great post overall, I love your suggestions and the coherent overall vision you put forth. It saddens me that it will fall on deaf ears.
    Named items do tend to violate the dev's general loot guidelines. I think as long as the system is based on where effects first become available in the random loot-gen tables (even if named items may offer it much sooner) then it would work well.

And thanks. You seem to be the only one who noticed my post :/

Default +1

Quote Originally Posted by btolson View Post
    In terms of end-game benefits, I think the new augment system is mostly fine. I agree with many others that yellow augments seem weak, and that the loss of a toughness augment is a fairly big deal.

(...snip...)

This should go a long way towards making the augment system relevant throughout all levels of play. Otherwise, there is little point to adding augments to non-epic items outside of the few strongly-competitive effects I mentioned above, and most of the development time spent reworking old, non-epic items to have augment slots will amount to nothing more than a waste.
    Well-stated. I share these concerns.
    Character Compendium

Default Mix and match augment slots (legacy)

Again I have to ask: if we have two slots and use only one with the old system, will we be able to use the other slot in the new augment system?

Ex: red dragonscale armor, blue slot: toughness, colorless slot: new system

This weighs fairly heavily on those that want to start slotting legacy augments (like toughness, or so it appears, if toughness is never reintroduced).
    Character Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by Khellendros13 View Post
    Ohhhhhhhhh yea that is awesome. Perfect. Just what I wanted.

Proof that FoS doesn't hate melee divines.
    Heh, you couldn't stand to give up the Helm of Frost, but trinket slot is cool for you?

You know there's someone else who actually has a good trinket who is going to post that this is proof that FoS DOES hate melee divines.
    Last edited by Thrudh; 01-16-2013 at 07:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Quote Originally Posted by SealedInSong View Post
    Again I have to ask: if we have two slots and use only one with the old system, will we be able to use the other slot in the new augment system?

This weighs fairly heavily on those that want to start slotting legacy augments (like toughness, or so it appears, if toughness is never reintroduced).
    +1

This also relates to something such as an Epic Stalker ring w/ GFL slotted in the yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by SealedInSong View Post

From the OP:
    Please keep in mind that the old style Epic Augment Crystals will no longer be available after Update 17, and they do not function in the new slots.

To convert an old Epic item to use the new slots, place the item you would like to convert into the Altar of Epic Rituals along with 50 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments. This performs the “Cleansing Ritual”, which updates items to the new Augment Slots.

This converts the augment slots on the item to the new system. They retain their colors and can accept the new augments, but can no longer use Epic Augment Crystals from before Update 17. This process will remove all currently slotted Epic Augments in the item, and may also remove other modifications, such as Stone of Change recipes.

You aren’t forced to update old Epic items. If you are happy with your current item, you do not need to use the Cleansing Ritual to update your item.
    Looks fairly clear to me: the pre-u17 items have 'old' slots that only accept the 'old' crystals. Your current t3 Stalker ring (say) has old slots and so can't take any new crystals. If you want it to, you have to upgrade it. The upgrade process removes the existing augments, and gives you a fresh t3 ring [this however hasn't been explicitly confirmed, but it wouldn't make sense if it reverted back to t1, as you can't even slot anything into that].

So for people with 1 slot of 2 filled on existing items, the choice I think is to fully slot it now before u17 and never touch it epic-crafting wise after that, or to wait, upgrade (and lose the slotted crystal) and then slot with new crystals.

I've just made a batch of t3 cannith items for my main toon, and based on this thread I'm leaving most of them alone til u17. The one question mark in my mind though is whether to slot GFL into a yellow slot; I'd take 30hp in a yellow slot over 35hp in a blue slot anyday based on the sneak preview we've been shown.
    Last edited by Loriac; 01-16-2013 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    Not rare, but takes over a 100 completions. Wrong #1

Making Conc-Opp for toons never in quest. Wrong #2.
    Except for TR twink, you have to run the quest, at a minimum you need the Shards of Power.

If you're going to back up your examples with facts, you sorta want to have to facts be true...
    His facts are true:

He said the torc requires over 100 runs for some people, which is true.

You also don't need to run shroud to get shards even on a first life.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    His facts are true:

He said the torc requires over 100 runs for some people, which is true.

You also don't need to run shroud to get shards even on a first life.
    100 runs for some people seems pretty rare to me.

Yes, there are other places to get shards, but at such a low drop rate as to make them even more rare...

whatever, why am I arguing this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Heh, you couldn't stand to give up the Helm of Frost, but trinket slot is cool for you?

You know there's someone else who actually has a good trinket who is going to post that this is proof that FoS DOES hate melee divines.
    Oh I can give up the Helm of Frost easy enough, but for a Helm the really only gives spellpower?

With Seeker on the awesome Epic Ring of the Stalker, Holy Symbol of Llolth was my answer for full powered Divine Punishments without swapping weapons every 10 seconds. Now I can have devotion along with +2insight to any stat in that same slot. Works for me.
    Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
    Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor Barb 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 15 - Splatsplat DoS 18/2
    Quote Originally Posted by Auran82 View Post
    Numot talks enough for like 10 people. So yeah, 13 people in that channel.

Default Saw that

Quote Originally Posted by Loriac View Post
    From the OP:
    (...snip...) The one question mark in my mind though is whether to slot GFL into a yellow slot; I'd take 30hp in a yellow slot over 35hp in a blue slot anyday based on the sneak preview we've been shown.
    but given propensities for odd/misleading/completely wrong statements in-game and out-of-game, if it's their intention to let you use a colorless slot slot the new way while a yellow retains an old augment, etc etc I'd like to hear it from them.

But yes, salient text
    Character Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by Zorth View Post
    How do we do it?

What backpack menu do you speak of?

How do we user friendly do this?

So far I do not see a way.

How do we open a menu in our backpack?

Not sure why you chose to break the game, but it worked from the get go. The problem came when you thought to justify your jobs and break something that was not broken and now you have created more code as to create more bugs in the future. BARF!
    Activate the crystal by double-clicking or by selecting the crystal and selecting "use" from the orb menu or keyboard.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Angry Say NO to Guild Nerf !!!!

Thread TLDR

Disclosure, our guild has just this week made level 70.

Mostly the new system looks good with one huge exception - the breaking of the Guild augment system. Various arguments have been made (at least as far as page 8)saying this is OK. And they are wrong!

The Guild augment system is not unbalanced, or unfair. ANYONE can join a Guild. ANYONE can obtain a Guild slot item. ANYONE can benefit from the stacking bonuses. There is no power vacuum, there are no Have's and Have-Not's. This is personal choice, just like choosing Feats - you might as well remove Power Attack because it gives an unfair stacking damage bonus for those who chose it!

What next, are you going to remove Ship Amenities too?

And what about rare Named Items - they cause more of a power issue since they are (mostly) not trade-able.

If you really want to fix this (perceived) power discrepancy, then INCREASE the drop-rate of Guild Slot items. Make them more readily available.

This will also support your statement that you want to increase choice and flexibility. Players will be able to choose between items with a small stacking bonus or items with a wider range of larger but non-stacking bonuses.
    Last edited by visibleman; 01-17-2013 at 07:02 AM.
    Argonessen: Breyard, Kayuss, Breymer, Vilar, Zhanmadao
    Guild: Fellowship of the Shrine
    Disclaimer: All my posts are in the official DnD language of Common. Common is not a standardised language, so if you think you see a spelling mistake - you are wrong!

Is there any thought to allowing Guild augment slots to be converted to the new system (similar to the conversion of current Epic augments)?

I'd rather have the new augment type on some of my current "Guild augment" items.

PS. Yes I'm in a guild. Just like the new augment system better.
    Select one of the fabulous signatures from the list of your characters below!
    You have no characters
    Then what game was I playing last night

Community Member

Wow very nice!

This will solve a lot of the issue with the current itemisation, that especially prevents to wear "flavorful" item because we need to fill our slot with +Stats, Striding and Fortification.

Finally I will be able to wear something else than Striding boots, Ogre Power Gloves and Belt of Fortitification and instead really consider all the nice flavorful unique items.

That being said, in order to make those worthwile, I think the +stats level requirement are too high, especially since they are enhancements bonus. If I can wear a +6 Strength item at level 9 easily, I should be able to slot a +6 Str augment around the same level (three level later at worst maybe), but as it is now that's level 20 for a +6 which is overkill.

Striding prerequisite might be a bit high also, I would put 30% around level 15 instead of level 20.

Typically fortification augments are fine as far as required level are concerned.

Thanks for this!
    Last edited by Lauraliane; 01-17-2013 at 02:57 PM.

Default In regards to 1-8 augment cost

That'd be the stuff you can buy using tokens - you know the so called low cost stuff. Like ML 8 heavy fort etc.

I hope 20 tokens is a place holder here. 'Cause tokens are BTA - the relics are unbound. So anyone can buy themselves to ML 12+ augments - the augments out of the twelve traders are bought with tokens and kind of costly.

Also - will there be a ML 1 - 8 trader anywhere else? I mean how would a beginner be able to slot ML 1 - 8 augments if they need to use tokens - something you can only get through running epic stuff? I'd hope this would change so for ML 1-8 stuff you can use plats - say in the marketplace. If you figure getting feather falling using plat is to good, then move it to ML 12 for relics.

Just trying to make sense out of what seems somewhat arbitrary.

Community Member

I'm a bit disappointed with the options for Yellow slots. As characters can have 1 or 2 weapons (red), 1 or 2 armour/shield (blue), and 10 accessories (yellow), there needs to be more useful or interesting yellow options. A lot more. Or more colourless options.

Geoff.

I have a question for the devs. I recall watching a video update with Tolero and Feather of Sun discussing this new system some weeks ago, where Feather said the reason why epic items from MotU and newer content (Druid chain, High Road) don't have augment slots because of that new system. I don't recall if Feather gave specific reasons why, but that's not relevant right now. Now that the system is being introduced in the next update, what will happen with existing epic items from MotU/Druid/High Road chains that never had augment slots? Will they get updated with augment slots (new pulls get augs, older items can be updated to the new version via 50 siberys shards), or will they remain augmentless?

Sorry if this has been asked previously, but I did not see a dev response regarding that anywhere.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast