Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Khellendros13 View Post
    Prior to the spellpower change, I wanted to use Epic Ring of the Stalker and a ToD ring with +2str or 20% healing amp, and Helm was Epic Helm of Frost. The spellpower change made me completely rework the gear
    Welcome to DDO. Reshuffling gear every couple of years is an integral part of the game.

If you have to make hard decisions, then the devs are doing it right.

I am already adapting my build idea around the changes and nerfing, as are all the other WF divines.

This is a sneak peek, thus I expressed my feelings and what I would love to see as an option.
    That's fine, but you said devotion on a ring or a helm was a joke, like it was a terrible design decision, and it was impossible to make a good melee/healing build using those slots. I disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Just reviewing the new red slot goodness. Wonder if this changes folks' plans on Cannith gear for melee-casters to go martial on the last tier for an additional SP slot.

Honestly, it may make things like Garos' Malice useful / usable if for nothing more than a caster stick.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    Except neither of those are rare and special to obtain. Sorry, but running a level 12 quest on level 18-25 characters isn't interesting, exciting, or challenging, and the fact that the Torc only shows up once in 100 completions for some people isn't a point in it's favor--it's just frustrating (and to head off any such comments: I got my 2 in under 40 runs each). Conc-Opp is even simpler, since you don't even actually need to run The Shroud more than once, and can make Conc-Opp stuff for toons that have never even been in the quest.
    Not rare, but takes over a 100 completions. Wrong #1

Making Conc-Opp for toons never in quest. Wrong #2.
    Except for TR twink, you have to run the quest, at a minimum you need the Shards of Power.

If you're going to back up your examples with facts, you sorta want to have to facts be true...

I for one am still hunting a Seal for my quiver, and don't even get me started on epicifying Sands gear... Yes, there IS gear in the game that is still rare and special.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

If I understood correctly, guild slots will be turned into a new solt (player's decision).
    Does this mean that guild slots in a triket will be turned into a new slot (yellow? green?) no mather what type they are (tiny, medium, large)?

Quote Originally Posted by Pank View Post
    If I understood correctly, guild slots will be turned into a new solt (player's decision).
    Does this mean that guild slots in a triket will be turned into a new slot (yellow? green?) no mather what type they are (tiny, medium, large)?
    for what I know trinket are only named and cannot be random-gen, so they can't even have a guild augment slot (at least if u cannot buy one of the craftable one on DDO with a guild slot, not checked effectively).

If u're talking about actually named item they have a chance (hooray) to have a slot due to dev's rework on stuffs.

If u're talking about actually epic trinket they already have colorless,yellow,etc. slots and as stated in the OP every already slotted item will retain their slot after the rework.

wish that help ^^
    ALL HAIL TO ITS SQUISHY-MAJESTY SIR KNORR, LORD OF OOZES AND MASTER OF SLIME
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=386688

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilia View Post
    for what I know trinket are only named and cannot be random-gen, so they can't even have a guild augment slot (at least if u cannot buy one of the craftable one on DDO with a guild slot, not checked effectively).

If u're talking about actually named item they have a chance (hooray) to have a slot due to dev's rework on stuffs.

If u're talking about actually epic trinket they already have colorless,yellow,etc. slots and as stated in the OP every already slotted item will retain their slot after the rework.

wish that help ^^
    Thanks for the help, my bad I wrote trinket when I meant bracers (non English speaker and piking at work)
    More specifically I'd love to know what slot will have my Convalescent (20%) bracers of Superior Parrying with a Tiny Guild Slot.

Default Commendations for Augments?

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post

Augments are unbound and can be found 5% of the time from treasure chests.
    Lahar the Epic Trader in the Twelve sells some augments. Their costs in Epic Dungeon and Epic Raid tokens are lower than their previous costs.

Level 12, 16, 20, and 24 Augments will be found in the Ruins of Gianthold in exchange for Ancient Elven, Giant, and Dragon relics, and the epic versions thereof.

Will Gianthold be the main source of Augments (via relics)? I love Gianthold and I'm looking forward to epic GH. However I foresee some potential problems.

Dooooom! <I had to write it.>

Will it be like Menechtarun desert where only the flagging quests are epic? Then you have to run the main three for epic augments. The biggest issue in Gianthold is the difficulty of soloing the main three quests.

Crucible (maybe the best quest in the game) a big pain to solo due to the maze.
    Madstone annoying to protect giant while slaying mobs.
    POP - my hirelings always seem to walk into the electric barrier, even when I tell them to stand still and do nothing

Or, if all the quests are epic, I foresee a nauseating number of farm runs in the Troll Cave. Ugh. That will not be fun.

I guess it's natural that as new content comes out, people won't be motivated to go to Eveningstar any more. But I hope it doesn't become a 3BC too soon. Try to keep Forgotten Realms relevant as long as you can. Maybe you could help this by allowing us to convert Commendations to relics, then to augments.

Anyway...
    Please give us plenty of ways to farm Augments.

Default Double Post

Uh sorry but...

Which Augments will Lahar sell? Perhaps you mean some of the ones he sells now? Level 4 & 8? For epic tokens? Will he still sell toughness?

Please expand on this, Feather of Sun.

Centre of the Universe-ish, winterland version

Quote Originally Posted by Pank View Post
    Thanks for the help, my bad I wrote trinket when I meant bracers (non English speaker and piking at work)
    More specifically I'd love to know what slot will have my Convalescent (20%) bracers of Superior Parrying with a Tiny Guild Slot.
    From Tolero's OP

This system will replace the two existing augment systems- Epic Augments, and Guild Augments. Existing guild augment slots and the guild augment vendors will remain, but new items won’t have guild augment slots after Update 17.
    ---------------------------------------
    * Thelanis - Mercure *
    C.L.A.W. (Council of Law and War)
    ---------------------------------------

Default One thing missing...

...something I'd asked for a couple of months ago: a Yellow augment for Spell Resistance. It would seem to be a glaring omission from the list of other resistances available in that list.

Default my 2 cents

While I do like the changes to come there are of course issues that arise as a result.

Here is my own point in case from my main, currently a cleric but ultimately going to be a completionist melee class.

I plan my gear meticulously, I find having a goal helps the grind. My gear has a total of 9 epic slots. Thats 5 yellow, 3 Colorless and 1 Blue. My plan was to slot +2 luck into my blue slot. What with these changes Im thinking 14 PPR be better in that slot at cap. Yesterday I recrafted my Mroranon belt and slotted Greater False Life, I also crafted Fear Immunity on my Gem of Many Facets and on my Brauns Spirirts knowing that these options will no longer be available. Hoping like hell this never has to move again.

So with only 1 blue slot I am forced to drop +2 luck for the 14PPR. I am forced to slot Greater False Life on my Mroranon belt and hope I never have to change it.

The bad news is that I slotted two colorless and one yellow with +6 stat items not a week earlier and under new system looks to be they may become +7s. So all in all I calculate my immediate losses this week at around 80 or so tokens wasted on things that will be re crafted in a month or two.

So in review:

No Fear or Blindness Immunity on Epic slots anymore - EDIT Sorry the do level 8 ML yellow slot
    False life is now a blue slot and a enhancement bonus.

In other words we need to find place for the enhancements that no longer fit or make a legacy item that is set in stone.

Some challenges still to overcome with the new system I hope they will add to their weak sauce yellow list.
    Last edited by Hunta-EU; 01-16-2013 at 11:22 AM.
    aLiclan - Thelanis - Crony - Gimptalot - Shaista - Sonofhunta

Default New question

What about old Epic augments?

To convert an old Epic item to use the new slots, place the item you would like to convert into the Altar of Epic Rituals along with 50 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments. This performs the “Cleansing Ritual”, which updates items to the new Augment Slots.

This converts the augment slots on the item to the new system. They retain their colors and can accept the new augments, but can no longer use Epic Augment Crystals from before Update 17. This process will remove all currently slotted Epic Augments in the item, and may also remove other modifications, such as Stone of Change recipes.
    Do tier 3 (or 2) Cannith Challenge or Crystal Cove Items stay tier 3 when cleansed or do they revert to the "slotless" tier 1?
    Someone got it wrong. Everyone expected the Spanish Inquisition because they were required to give 30 days notice, by law.
    I can be found on Orien. My more active toons are Cilon, Solstone in Your Pack, and sometimes Acroyer.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hunta-EU View Post
    While I do like the changes to come there are of course issues that arise as a result.

Here is my own point in case from my main, currently a cleric but ultimately going to be a completionist melee class.

I plan my gear meticulously, I find having a goal helps the grind. My gear has a total of 9 epic slots. Thats 5 yellow, 3 Colorless and 1 Blue. My plan was to slot +2 luck into my blue slot. What with these changes Im thinking 14 PPR be better in that slot at cap. Yesterday I recrafted my Mroranon belt and slotted Greater False Life, I also crafted Fear Immunity on my Gem of Many Facets and on my Brauns Spirirts knowing that these options will no longer be available. Hoping like hell this never has to move again.

So with only 1 blue slot I am forced to drop +2 luck for the 14PPR. I am forced to slot Greater False Life on my Mroranon belt and hope I never have to change it.

The bad news is that I slotted two colorless and one yellow with +6 stat items not a week earlier and under new system looks to be they may become +7s. So all in all I calculate my immediate losses this week at around 80 or so tokens wasted on things that will be re crafted in a month or two.

So in review:

No Fear or Blindness Immunity on Epic slots anymore
    False life is now a blue slot and a enhancement bonus.

In other words we need to find place for the enhancements that no longer fit or make a legacy item that is set in stone.

Some challenges still to overcome with the new system I hope they will add to their weak sauce yellow list.
    well, fear and blindness immunity are still available in the new augment system, and greater false life is currently an enhancement bonus, so no real change there, except for the color of the augment I guess.

woops there they are at level 8 yellow augments blindness and fear my bad .

Guess we back to the gfl and blue slots issue.

Edited original post
    aLiclan - Thelanis - Crony - Gimptalot - Shaista - Sonofhunta

In terms of end-game benefits, I think the new augment system is mostly fine. I agree with many others that yellow augments seem weak, and that the loss of a toughness augment is a fairly big deal.

I don't think the system functions very well at low and mid levels, however, as most augments are simply not competitive enough with effects found on random loot-gen items to be worthwhile.

There are some exceptions to this: red augments are good (spellpower augments in particular are very competitive with same-level loot-gen items -- equivalent, in fact), some blue augments are similarly good (heavy fort, good luck) and some blues are perhaps too good (PRR).

Most other augments progress too slowly. +6 enhancement to ability scores are 9 levels behind loot-gen accessories (11 behind cannith crafting). Greater false life is 10 levels behind loot-gen armor. Elemental Resistance 30 is 9 levels behind loot-gen accessories. Striding 30% is 7 levels behind loot-gen accessories. The list goes on. I understand that augments are meant to shore up gear rather than replace it, but these level gaps are simply too extreme to create a system that is relevant at all levels of play.

This appears to be a consequence of the 4/8/12/16/20/24 tiering paradigm, forcing sparse effects to be spread too thin. This paradigm entered the game with Mabar items, I believe, and has entrenched itself in the game in many forms since then. I feel that while this tiering paradigm is mostly healthy for actual gear, it is too restrictive for the augment system.

I suggest divorcing most augments from this tiering paradigm, and instead set their ML to be that of the lowest level the effect can appear in the random loot tables, plus some constant factor (+2 or +3). Thus, +6 Wisdom augment augments would have an ML of 13 or 14, +30 HP augments would have an ML of 12 or 13, etc. I am uncertain exactly what level +7 enhancement ability scores, +1 exceptional ability scores, and +2 insight ability scores become available in the random loot tables, but they certainly do not occur before epic levels so those augments might be fine as they currently stand.

Setting the MLs of augments to work this way ensures that they are still subpar compared to the properties on gear of the same level, but close enough in power that they are still worth considering.

Without the tiering paradigm, there is also no reason to keep the newly-invented intermediate ranks of certain properties. For instance, +15 and +25 HP, permutations of False Life which have never existed before, can be done away with since you (devs) are no longer forcing yourselves to create +HP effects to fill tiering gaps. The same goes for +5, +15, and +25 resistance to each element. Some of the weapon damage augments can also go away (do we really need all of +1, +1d2, +1d3, +1d4, +1d6, +1d8, +1d10 of each elemental type cluttering the system and our bags? I think these can be pared down to just +1, +1d3, +1d6 and +1d10). PRR augments can be condensed and probably cap at a lower amount. +10 Spell Points can go away. There may be other augment groups that can be pared down as well.

This eases the burden on players trying to store augments as there are fewer distinct types, and makes specific augments easier to find as the augment loot tables shrink. Condensing the system a bit is a big pro, as it certainly feels vast and cumbersome right now (287 distinct augments?).

This should go a long way towards making the augment system relevant throughout all levels of play. Otherwise, there is little point to adding augments to non-epic items outside of the few strongly-competitive effects I mentioned above, and most of the development time spent reworking old, non-epic items to have augment slots will amount to nothing more than a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    The goal is to provide you with more options to help you slot bonuses that you were unable to fit on your gear, not to provide stacking bonuses that become the new must-haves. We'd prefer to avoid stacking bonuses for this reason.
    So then assuming that PRR doesnt stack if selected on seperate items like armor and shield...

Quote Originally Posted by Khellendros13 View Post
    ESoS has 1 red slot and 1 colourless slot. It can't have 114 spellpower and a DR breaking augment at the same time.

All I have ever wanted is to be able to melee with the same healing capacity as before the spellpower change. Having only Helm or Ring to put spellpower on is a joke. The chance to fix this is here.
    Granted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibor View Post
    From EN Feast or Famine, end chest

Shamanic Fetish, Trinket, min lvl 23, Devotion +108, Radiance +108, Colorless slot
    EE should be ML 25 and +120 Radiance/Devotion.

Add me to the list of people who like everything EXCEPT the change to Greater False Life now being a blue slot. There are WAY TOO FEW blue slot items. Keep it yellow.

If i buy epic augment crystals now, will i be able to slot them into "oldschool" epic items after u17, or will those recepies be disappearing? (Or to phrase is another way: will any unused epic augment crystals become useless, even it we have oldschool items to put them in?)

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    We like the fact it’s a choice as suppose to, “hell we just kill yonder dragon cause we’re OP”.
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I say we take off and nerf the whole game from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

How do we do it?

What backpack menu do you speak of?

How do we user friendly do this?

So far I do not see a way.

How do we open a menu in our backpack?

Not sure why you chose to break the game, but it worked from the get go. The problem came when you thought to justify your jobs and break something that was not broken and now you have created more code as to create more bugs in the future. BARF!
    Last edited by Zorth; 01-16-2013 at 06:19 PM.
    The Blood of the Red Dragon

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast