Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

What is so hard about having the Devil Assault augments converted to the new system when U17 goes live? It is the same effect.

Spellpower needs to have the option of Red OR Green slot IMO. Even colourless would not be over powered. Keeping spellpower to Red slot only further screws melee casters, by preventing DR breaking augments in Epic weapons.
    Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
    Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor Barb 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 15 - Splatsplat DoS 18/2
    Quote Originally Posted by Auran82 View Post
    Numot talks enough for like 10 people. So yeah, 13 people in that channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Khellendros13 View Post
    Spellpower needs to have the option of Red OR Green slot IMO. Even colourless would not be over powered. Keeping spellpower to Red slot only further screws melee casters, by preventing DR breaking augments in Epic weapons.
    I think you're not considering that: Named items can have any slots they want, casters can get non-augment based spell-power on non-weapon slots, and that making them colorless would mean being able to add 114 spell power for all elements to almost any build (although honestly, I think the utility of that is debatable, since they won't also have enhancements in every element)

Quote Originally Posted by Artos_Fabril View Post
    I think you're not considering that: Named items can have any slots they want, casters can get non-augment based spell-power on non-weapon slots, and that making them colorless would mean being able to add 114 spell power for all elements to almost any build (although honestly, I think the utility of that is debatable, since they won't also have enhancements in every element)
    ESoS has 1 red slot and 1 colourless slot. It can't have 114 spellpower and a DR breaking augment at the same time.

All I have ever wanted is to be able to melee with the same healing capacity as before the spellpower change. Having only Helm or Ring to put spellpower on is a joke. The chance to fix this is here.
    Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor Barb 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 15 - Splatsplat DoS 18/2

Community Member

yay!

yet another in a long line of unfinished systems added to this game. Based upon the past, it will never be finished.

Community Member

ESoS has 1 red slot and 1 colourless slot. It can't have 114 spellpower and a DR breaking augment at the same time.

All I have ever wanted is to be able to melee with the same healing capacity as before the spellpower change. Having only Helm or Ring to put spellpower on is a joke. The chance to fix this is here.
    You are assuming that they won't make a non-weapon item with a red, purple, or orange slot in it. Being as they are overhauling a lot of the old items with this update, as well as releasing new items for U17, there is still a chance that 1 or more of those will be non-weapons with a red, purple, or orange slot in it. Also, just because you can't do everything you want on your particular build does not mean that the system is broken, or that it needs to be "fixed". It is equally possible that the devs looked at this specific situation, realized the limitations, and decided that they are fine with that situation.

I intend to use three things:

- Epic Antique Greataxe (114 devotion)
    - eSOS (Good)
    - eSOS (114 Devotion)

Yes, that means making two eSOS's on one character unless the augments are so common you don't mind swapping them often.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Truely a shame that you have to gear around the single best weapon in the game. Or you could use a nightmare and a wizard's ward or any pre-MotU epic shield slotted with spellpower.

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    The point isn't that I've got a hard-on for Conc-Op, and I have Torcs. The issue is that The Shroud has been out for something like 5 years, and is level 17. It was pretty revolutionary when it came out, and is very popular, but it's NOT endgame, and really shouldn't be anymore. Honestly, stuff like the Torc could stand to get replicated on high level gear as well (other than the rune arm from LOB), but that's significantly more powerful than Conc-Op is.
    I agree that the Torq needs to be updated - but watering down its value by making it available through other means -- not happy about that.

the Torq is a very powerful item - combine it with Conc-Op and you can have an unstoppable blue-bar. Making this readily available is something I would personally want - but not for the game because it should be a rare and special thing that takes allot of effort to get - like an upgraded quiver of alacrity - a rare and special thing.

Mmm, yes, thank-you Sable/Alavatar, an oversight on my own part.

@Doubters of TB's conviction toward long-term projects

Vale, and just about every other module was a very long-term project and took them a lot of man hours and effort to finish, lots of time and articulation went into making each pack during the module era, it had to be challenging, offer something for every class, have loot that was intriguing or different, have a nice atmosphere that matched the emotional setting of the quest/raid..

Lots of time and labor to those, lots, Turbine CAN commit, just give them the opportunity to and stop doubting them.. Doubt is a horrible idea if you're trying to boost anyone's morale or gain co-operation.

Why is being able to put your healing power on a Helm or Ring a joke?

It gives you exactly what you want... The ability to melee with the best weapon AND have excellent healing capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    You are thinking to narrowly on this one. Sure it doesn't matter RIGHT NOW if you put a +7 int on a weapon or goggles, but if, say, in U18 or something, they release a new named item that has +8 int on it. Well, that +8 int won't be a big draw for that item because you could just put +7 int on ANYTHING else. Too much variety in gearing options leads to very bland gear. If you can get everything you want already, then how are the dev's supposed to make something new that you want, without invoking the dreaded power creep?
    Still doesn't make sense. If I'd want the extra +1 I'd want the extra +1. If it didn't matter to me it still wouldn't matter to me.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post

- eSOS (Good)
    - eSOS (114 Devotion)

Yes, that means making two eSOS's on one character unless the augments are so common you don't mind swapping them often.
    I'm sorry, I don't understand why you'd want to put spellpower on that sword instead of an extra damage slot?

Named items will be getting slots, does that mean Eveningstar Commendation Turn-Ins gear will get this too.?

Default Superior <spell type> Lore

Some great ideas here, I like the idea of healing amp in particular. I think it's great that you added striding as an option.

I would like to request spell lore:

Ice Lore
    Radiance Lore
    Healing Lore
    Repair Lore
    etc.

Those are rather hard to slot currently and we need more options.

And especially..

Laceration Lore

As far as I know you can only get this on (alchemical) weapons slot. That needs some more flexibility, pls.

Awesome job!

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post

- eSOS (Good)
    - eSOS (114 Devotion)

That is an idea. I have been wondering who to make another ESoS on.

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    You are assuming that they won't make a non-weapon item with a red, purple, or orange slot in it. Being as they are overhauling a lot of the old items with this update, as well as releasing new items for U17, there is still a chance that 1 or more of those will be non-weapons with a red, purple, or orange slot in it. Also, just because you can't do everything you want on your particular build does not mean that the system is broken, or that it needs to be "fixed". It is equally possible that the devs looked at this specific situation, realized the limitations, and decided that they are fine with that situation.
    You are assuming they will though.

Prior to the spellpower change, I wanted to use Epic Ring of the Stalker and a ToD ring with +2str or 20% healing amp, and Helm was Epic Helm of Frost. The spellpower change made me completely rework the gear, and I TR'd to Horc from WF so that 20% heal amp is not crucial now.

I am already adapting my build idea around the changes and nerfing, as are all the other WF divines.

This is a sneak peek, thus I expressed my feelings and what I would love to see as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Why is being able to put your healing power on a Helm or Ring a joke?

It gives you exactly what you want... The ability to melee with the best weapon AND have excellent healing capacity.
    As above, it screws with my gear plans. Not just me, but all melee divines. In fact, since the spellpower change, more and more melee divines have decided to just give up party/raid healing, from those I have spoken to. It is just too cumbersome to fit it in.

Maybe FoS wants anyone with a non standard Divine or Arcane to play selfishly, I don't know.

Look, I wont be soloing any EE quests with my build, while monk splashed divines will be. So I am already playing a less optimal build, even if I wield an ESoS. I am ok with that. I just want better options for getting spellpower on it.

Default looks alright but,,,

Not a fan at all of losing my guild slots options. My guild just hit 70 a few weeks back. This was our only incentive to really take renown over random loot to sell. It felt awesome finally unlocking the ability to use some stuff with large slots we had been hording for the past 2 years!

So i have to suggest that Turbine adds some new perk for hitting 70 with your guild. Something cool. Something to be proud of!
    Born to play, Forced to work !

Quote Originally Posted by badbob117 View Post
    Not a fan at all of losing my guild slots options. My guild just hit 70 a few weeks back. This was our only incentive to really take renown over random loot to sell. It felt awesome finally unlocking the ability to use some stuff with large slots we had been hording for the past 2 years!

So i have to suggest that Turbine adds some new perk for hitting 70 with your guild. Something cool. Something to be proud of!
    Read again. You aren't losing anything since you already have large guild items. Only new people are losing out on guild slots.

I'll probably stock up with 2500 health and mana augments before each update going forward, preparing for the inevitable "no more guild augment vendors" update. I suspect the stone of change recipes won't be changed when the vendors are removed.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't understand why you'd want to put spellpower on that sword instead of an extra damage slot?
    because losing ~5 elemental damage per hit is not so dramatic with Epic Destiny numbers, but 114 devotion frees an inventory slot.

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    I agree that the Torq needs to be updated - but watering down its value by making it available through other means -- not happy about that.

the Torq is a very powerful item - combine it with Conc-Op and you can have an unstoppable blue-bar. Making this readily available is something I would personally want - but not for the game because it should be a rare and special thing that takes allot of effort to get - like an upgraded quiver of alacrity - a rare and special thing.
    Except neither of those are rare and special to obtain. Sorry, but running a level 12 quest on level 18-25 characters isn't interesting, exciting, or challenging, and the fact that the Torc only shows up once in 100 completions for some people isn't a point in it's favor--it's just frustrating (and to head off any such comments: I got my 2 in under 40 runs each). Conc-Opp is even simpler, since you don't even actually need to run The Shroud more than once, and can make Conc-Opp stuff for toons that have never even been in the quest.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast