Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default add unslotted flag

Since these new slots will only appear on gear post-U17, I suggest marking items that don't get a slot (the other 95%) as unslotted, and adding a recipe to the epic alter:

pre-U17 item + something (plat, dragonshards, etc) = 5% chance for appropriate colored slot / 95% unslotted
    Recipe can only be tried once on pre-U17 items, never on post-U17 items.

With a 10k plat cost, you could probably hear the whoosh of all the plat disappearing. (Obligatory conspiracy theory: this recipe will be available but only with a store-bought item, and can be tried as many times as you can pay for)

And I completely admit this is a selfish suggestion, but I'm drooling over the possibility of adding a red slot to my holy burst icy burst of mangling/mauling weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    ummm no on the Con-Op - if you want Con-Op build it or run ADQ the 100 times it takes to get a Torq.
    The point isn't that I've got a hard-on for Conc-Op, and I have Torcs. The issue is that The Shroud has been out for something like 5 years, and is level 17. It was pretty revolutionary when it came out, and is very popular, but it's NOT endgame, and really shouldn't be anymore. Honestly, stuff like the Torc could stand to get replicated on high level gear as well (other than the rune arm from LOB), but that's significantly more powerful than Conc-Op is.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Will spell power items also confer / create a related implement bonus?

Compatible with Cannith Crafting - I take it this means the slot is like a guild slot and remains after disjunction, not that you can do anything with Cannith shards in slots, etc. or does it mean you will be able to use Cannith crafting to create augments from shards?
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    Forgotten Realms quests need to drop Epic Dungeon Fragments, Epic Dungeon tokens and Epic Raid tokens. It's ridiculous they don't.
    Agreed.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar

Will slotted items be weaker than non slotted items?
    There have been some theories that the slots will cause random items to be weaker than other items with the slot adding to the ML of the item not just on crafted items.
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    So... are you saying that things like Pure Good, Acid Burst, Thaumaturge, etc can't be searched for? Or even things like Adamantine, Mithril, or Guard items cannot be looked up specifically? Because if not, then I'm exploiting something like hell each time I use the AH. I mean, all those things would be specific mutations to my mind.

I'm not really surprised that it won't break trend with the current system - I just don't really understand the why, I guess. Not asking or expecting a chapter-and-verse breakdown of the reasons, mind you. You say it cannot work at this time, and I believe you. Just that this something that I can't quite grasp in my limited understanding of the way DDO works under the hood.
    The explanation is easy. AH searches work by doing simple text searches. You enter some search terms, and you'll only see results if the search terms appear in the name of the item. So if there is a "named" weapon that happens to have pure good as one of its mutations, then it will not appear in the results.

You can't search for race-restricted items now, because race restrictions are not reflected in any way in the name of the item.

You can't search for guild-slotted items now, because guild slots are not reflected in any way in the name of the item.

Given the way the searches work currently, the only way it would allow you to search for augment-slotted items is if that was somehow incorporated into the name. What would that look like? => "+4 Proof Against Poison (+6) Blue Augmentable Adamantine Tower Shield of Improved Bashing"

So... are you saying that things like Pure Good, Acid Burst, Thaumaturge, etc can't be searched for? Or even things like Adamantine, Mithril, or Guard items cannot be looked up specifically? Because if not, then I'm exploiting something like hell each time I use the AH. I mean, all those things would be specific mutations to my mind.

I'm not really surprised that it won't break trend with the current system - I just don't really understand the why, I guess. Not asking or expecting a chapter-and-verse breakdown of the reasons, mind you. You say it cannot work at this time, and I believe you. Just that this something that I can't quite grasp in my limited understanding of the way DDO works under the hood.
    Currently you can only search by partial match of item names. Searching for "Adamantine" for instance will return random loot-gen items that have it in their name, but won't return any named items that have the property. Searching for "Superior Fire Lore" will return items with that exact suffix, but not any named items with it nor loot-gen items with relevant multi-property affixes such as "Fire Mastery".

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    [/LIST]
    Neither of these effects where available on epic augment slots, but they would be a good idea to include. They said they'd include more augment slots as time goes on.

Any word on that?

There will be a vendor.

You buy augments with tokens.
    they will finish all pre's as time goes on....... now i know they are planning the enhancment revamp soon® if it doesn't get pushed back another 5 times but look how long we've had to wait for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

We already know two of the the named augments... The epic and normal globe of imperial blood. I'd be willing to bet the other one is something like 30 fire, cold, acid, and electric resist on the same slot since those are the 'dragon' elements.
    [REDACTED]

Any chance "while you're in there" that you could add threat modification bonuses into the augments list? Given how often the wrong "bonus" can be a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    We like the fact it’s a choice as suppose to, “hell we just kill yonder dragon cause we’re OP”.
    I say we take off and nerf the whole game from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Default Yes

Quote Originally Posted by RoelHeeswijk View Post
    Nice system. Yellow augments seem a bit weak though.

The only real big issue I have with it is that it creates legacy items, for example items with a yellow slot that have GFL slotted (same for resistance4, and old Toughness in blue, if the new HP isn't toughness-like). It seems unfair that new players will never ever be able to get these.
    And I don't like the headache of the coming month in which I will have to figure out which item to slot how, because now it will be set in stone forever. I'll need to run cannith challenges like crazy to get multiples of the good items to slot in every possible combination that won't be possible later. I'll have to get lucky on an epic belt of mroranon because it's now or never for a GFL variant. Etc.

I don't mind change, if from u17 on all items would have to be reslotted i wouldn't complain at all, I like to adept. But I really dislike creating non-obsolete legacy items. (reminds of the Enduring Conviction fail :-/)

So. Even though I cringe to think of the inelegance of having hit points in both yellow and blue, I feel this is outweighed and I ask for you to either:
    -put the HP line in yellow (of course make it false life), and keep 20 Toughness HP in blue at level20.
    -make the blue HP-line toughness, and add Greater False Life to the yellow table at level20.

Also consider keeping resistance and protection in yellow, and giving blue something else, something new and exciting, there was no need for a shuffle. Honestly, the yellow augments can use an improvement anyway, what you propose now is pretty weak and I can't see anyone putting anything but colorless stuff in there.
    All good ideas. +1
    Character Compendium

Are guilds getting a new reward in replacement for this loss?

Quote Originally Posted by Curate2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by btolson View Post
    Well, that clears it up a bit.
    I've just never thought of it in those terms, I suppose.

+'s for the clarity.

I'm OK with the guild slot loot being removed from random drops [as it means that in order to use it you're being forced into a guild] but not removed from obtaining them in future. They should be replaced with either:

[a] a new set of House K guild vendors that sell blank craftable weapons/equipment with the guild slots in place [unlock each different slot vendor at the same level to use the slot - e.g. guild level 45 for medium slotted blank equipment]

[b] make guild slot equipment available in the DDO store with the other guild-related stuff.
    Karadon, Paladin [5] Mar - Jul 2006 - Aureon [EU]
    Karadon, Paladin [20] Feb 2010 - June 2012 - Orien
    Karadon, Paladin [20] June 2012 - July 2013 - Orien [TR1]
    Karadon, Paladin [16] July 2013 - Present - Orien [TR2]

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    The goal is to provide you with more options to help you slot bonuses that you were unable to fit on your gear, not to provide stacking bonuses that become the new must-haves. We'd prefer to avoid stacking bonuses for this reason.
    I like that there's a vision behind it, and I couldn't agree more. I take back some of my earlier suggestions for augments.

But there are still plenty abilities that can be considered common enough that it would make sense to fit them in your gear with slotting (and which would not be that exciting as named augment), like blurry, ghostly, diversion/incite, seeker6, toughness, conc-opp, and arguably flat DR and healing amps. If you want to strengthen/diversify the yellow augments.
    Last edited by RoelHeeswijk; 01-14-2013 at 08:39 PM.

OMG they are nerfing all new hagglers by eliminating guild slots!

Heh
    Star Firefall
    20 Rogue Assasin
    Currently on life 42 of 42 (Final Life!)

Default Guild augments become permanent

Is it just me or does it seem like the best compromise for everyone involved to just have guild augments keep dropping as they are and have them permanent until swapped out?

This way, people that own them can still use them without the pain of temporary buffs or losing their investment.
    New players can use them and not be left behind by legacy items.
    FeatherofSun will not have to deal with the temporary buffs item buffs he said he wanted to avoid.

As someone (Durnak?) pointed out, it would just make it all the more heartening and DDO-investment-inspiring when you pull some nice item with a new slot and a guild slot of some sort.

It also just seems weird to have vendors for items that no longer drop.

I think guild slot items are a wonderful incentive for people to take pride in building their guild and getting some compensation for it other than ship buffs.
    Character Compendium

He means you can't search for a mutation like 'Phlebotomizing' and see the following results:

- +2 Cosmic Handwraps of Phlebotomizing
    - Ivy Wraps, EE
    - Forester's Brush Hook, EH
    - +7 Holy Scimitar of Mangling

All of those items have the Phlebotomizing mutation. Only one of them has it in the name, and so only one of them will show up in the search.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post

Is anything being done with epic tokens? Are they going to become worthless for anything but purchasing True Hearts of Wood?

Please include some Greensteel effects as special named augments, such as:

• Concordant Opposition
    • Metalline (Mineral)

I can echo the question and suggestion. I found the level 24 augment options for a melee/ranged combatant extremely weak (1d10 of a specific damage type isn't going to have me running to slot anything sadly), but Metalline a rare drop from any epic chest would be worth forcing some items up to that level.

Timed slotted effects to add in to complement the double DR ones that are temporarily being removed could be a short timer (20-30 hours) of:
    [LIST][*]Slicing Winds[*]Lightning Strike[*]Disintegration[*]Corrosive Salt[*]Crushing Wave[*]Trap the Soul (to name a few).

I would definitely not have those augments purchasable via the augment vendor (and please not the DDO Store).

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post

Slotting any augment also increases the slotted item’s minimum level to the level of the slotted augment for as long as that augment is slotted, unless the item’s minimum level is already equal or higher.
    I'm not sure if someone beat me to this question, but:

If you slot an armor or weapon and the augment jumps the weapon to 20/24 or the Armor to where the tier type would change (skirmish leather to the next rung up as an example).

Would the weapon gain +1W for the duration the slot is present?

Would the armor gain the base armor class and PRR of what the minimum level category immediately at or below it would grant?

I admit this is a question that would highly benefit some items in a potentially excessive way (why farm the shard/seal/scroll for SoS if you can slip a nice ML 20/24 augment in..assuming it gains a slot in it's original form).

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast