Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 390
  1. #181
    Community Member jakeelala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,205

    Default

    On a lvl 1 TR Sorc or FvS (or splash at above level 1) that 160 SP Goes A LONG WAY. Especially combined with an Ioun Stone at lvl 4 or 5 or whatever. It completely trivializes even the hardest at level elite content. Maybe that's the idea since the TR grind is so monotonous and obnoxious, but I doubt it. At end game, it's really not that important.

  2. #182
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    Oh yeah, found another thing to complain about! (This is the internet, is it not?)

    No heal amplification on any of the slots! Put 10% at lvl20 and 20% at level 24! Or better yet 10% at 16, 20% at 20, and 30% at 24! edit: Or better yet 10% at lvl12 and 20% at lvl16!

    Doooo eeeeeet for the kids(and adults).


    EDIT:
    And repair amp! Good time to introduce it before you nerf it.
    Last edited by HalfORCastrator; 01-14-2013 at 06:34 PM.
    ME BARB, ME SMA-ok I stand here with pretty blue lines around me. ok I take damage. ok bye.

  3. #183
    Community Member fyrst.grok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artos_Fabril View Post
    A) Color would be based on the type of item, not the tier, if converted to the new system. (red on wepons, blue on armor, etc)
    B) Because changing the slots over would super-power some existing items, and increase min-levels on Cannith crafted gear by 2 or 4 levels.
    C) Because if you get a permanent augment crystal from a guild vendor, and leave the guild, the crystal wouldn't stop working. Under the old system, it was the slot on the armor that determined if you could use it, the crystals were (probably) never coded with a guild level req.
    A.
    They already are, hence my suggestion.
    B.
    Not sure I follow this..
    C.
    It was a rough suggestion, but if possible the item could become unusable till the augment is removed, which shouldn't be hard. I may be wrong though.

  4. #184
    Community Member cipherdawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Will the Eveningstar Commendation gear get slots?

  5. #185
    Community Member Henky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alavatar View Post
    Is Greater False Life an Enhancement Bonus? Yes, also superior false life is enhancement

    Is Greater Elemental Energy an Enhancement Bonus? No

    Is Toughness an Enhancement Bonus? Not sure

    Is Wizardry or Archmagi an Enhancement Bonus? Yes

    Do you see the confusion we have? Yes
    Answer in red.

    You can check by yourself unequiping the item and equiping it again. In the General log you can check the type of almost every bonus you have. Elemental bonus from GS doesnt show in the general chat.

    To the devs:

    If we clean an item for the new slots... can we get at least 5 + 1D6 tokens per slot in return? Some slots cost 30 epic tokens and we are losing them.

  6. #186
    The Hatchery sirgog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,348

    Default

    One more thing to add. You overvalue AC bonuses (Protection 7, Natural Armor 6) and undervalue PRR and Resistance comparatively.

    Defensively specced melees will value 14 PRR at around twice the value of Natural Armor 7 (if they care about the latter at all). And with PRR's diminishing returns having less of an impact, other characters probably consider 14 PRR to be worth 80 hitpoints or so while the natural armor is likely of no value.



    Augments I think are conspicuous by their absence:

    - Toughness (blue, 16 or 20)
    - Universal potency 20/28/36/44/52/60/76 (red, 1/4/8/12/16/20/24)
    - Enhancement bonuses (eg the +7 in '+7 Holy Khopesh of Mangling'). Whilst these could be powerful on random lootgen items with low enhancement bonuses (e.g. adding a +7 augment crystal to a '+2 Meteoric Khopesh of Mangling'), you could avoid any issues here by making these augments into 'upgrade' augments instead. Example: 'Red Augment Enhancement Upgrade Crystal +6 to +7' as a low-powered level 20 one, or 'Red Augment Enhancement Upgrade Crystal +5 to +8' as a higher-powered level 24 one. (Presumably that latter one would work on +5, +6 and +7 items).
    - Non-elemental forms of damage. 1d6 bleed instead of 1d10 fire, etc.



    Other issues that will come up:

    - How is the new epic cleansing ritual (that has the potential to kill of other permanent changes) going to work with Tier 2-3 level 20 Cannith challenge items? Will they correctly keep their tier 2/tier 3 status?
    - Same question but for Lord of Blades tier 3 raidloot. Will the new ritual remember what tiers you put on the item?
    I don't have a zerging problem.

    I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

  7. #187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Augments I think are conspicuous by their absence:
    I’m wondering if those are going to show up as named loot augments like the Imperial Blood F_o_S was teasing a couple months ago.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • NEW - Fix the flipping non-proficiency penalties for wildshape!
    • Redo the Favor rewards so there is a reason to do max favor again.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.
    • Task Lynnabel with updating the remaining legacy named loot to not suck.
    • Tiering the Runearms so that artificers aren’t screwed out of the advantages of Cannith Crafting in Epic levels on their signature item.
    • Finishing the enhancement tree passes (including racial PrE’s) before rolling out yet another DDOStore™ Enhancement Tree.

  8. #188
    Community Member aarant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    145

    Default heal amp plox

    Heal amp 10% and 20% would be a nice option somewhere.

  9. #189
    The Hatchery ferrite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Looks good so far, however one very important thing was missed in this idea: The ability to upgrade already purchased BtC epic augment crystals into the new version, or back into epic tokens.

    With the epic crafting system having been broken for awhile now, many of us purchased crystals with 20 or 30 epic tokens unaware of this, as both the vendor continued to sell and altar accepted items normally. Now a lot of us have these crystals that we are now notified will become worthless in our packs. I don't think that's very fair or reasonable to do to players who were waiting for a fix, a fix that was promised awhile ago and that players expected to occur from said promise. The term 'theft' does come to mind here..

    Before you go off and overhaul things with a new system like this, you must tie up ALL loose ends including this one. I will thus expect either an exchange method implemented to revert my now obsolete crystal back to the epic tokens, or upgrade it to the new version.

  10. #190
    Community Member anatomyofaghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aarant View Post
    Heal amp 10% and 20% would be a nice option somewhere.
    And as some other posters have pointed out... no toughness either. So much for getting rid of ToD rings and DT armor.

  11. #191
    Community Member btolson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    775

    Default

    Regarding older loot...

    I assume that e.g. Level 12 Rings of the Buccaneer will have Green Augment slots. Will there be stone of change recipes that allow us to transform our current loot to have the new slots, or will we have to wait until Crystal Cove comes around again and then regrind every. single. item that we want all over again?
    Last edited by btolson; 01-14-2013 at 07:13 PM. Reason: actual item's name

  12. #192
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,576

    Default

    Hi,

    It's good to get a preview.

    Assuming it is a somewhat accurate picture of what we eventually get, that player feedback is taken into account, and that it works when it arrives.

    The storage issue, missing effects, and phasing out of guild slots seem problematic though.

    My question is, will these augment crystals also be sold in the DDOstore? I assume that's what is driving this change.

    Thanks.
    Last edited by blerkington; 01-14-2013 at 07:11 PM.
    Astrican on Khyber

  13. #193
    Community Member Yokido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    364

    Default

    People seem to be missing the point that these are the BASIC, EASY TO GET BY COMPARISON augments, there will be named augments being released each update that they're able to or find it a good idea to..

    This will be just like the Monster Manuals, it's perfect because it makes it a long-term working project that they can mix-and-match with any update they like..

    Hey this update will include new epic augment items!
    The next one might have a new volume of the MM!

    In a perpetual gaming society it's good for them to have extremely long-term projects that can be chipped away at in little pieces.

  14. #194
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    417

    Default

    I also feel like the yellow slots are missing a bit of oomph.

    Might I suggest adding in ranged/melee/caster threat reduction/amp as possible options?
    Cannith, Slicing Blow. Vilenna (18/1/1 Clonkard), Marvala (20 monk), Phrenia (19/1 rogue/fighter), Malchara (12/6/2 AA), Denaria (18/2 ...wonk?)

  15. #195
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yokido View Post
    People seem to be missing the point that these are the BASIC, EASY TO GET BY COMPARISON augments, there will be named augments being released each update that they're able to or find it a good idea to..

    This will be just like the Monster Manuals, it's perfect because it makes it a long-term working project that they can mix-and-match with any update they like..

    Hey this update will include new epic augment items!
    The next one might have a new volume of the MM!

    In a perpetual gaming society it's good for them to have extremely long-term projects that can be chipped away at in little pieces.
    So you want to say:
    it will be also bug ridden and incomplete by release and it will take a half year to be able to complete some of the entries (crystals)?
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

  16. #196
    Bwest Fwiends Memnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ¿
    Posts
    18,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Unfortunately, the Auction House technology in DDO does not currently support the ability to search for specific mutations (effects) on an item. While we would like to enable this feature someday, it is not happening in the immediate future.
    So... are you saying that things like Pure Good, Acid Burst, Thaumaturge, etc can't be searched for? Or even things like Adamantine, Mithril, or Guard items cannot be looked up specifically? Because if not, then I'm exploiting something like hell each time I use the AH. I mean, all those things would be specific mutations to my mind.


    I'm not really surprised that it won't break trend with the current system - I just don't really understand the why, I guess. Not asking or expecting a chapter-and-verse breakdown of the reasons, mind you. You say it cannot work at this time, and I believe you. Just that this something that I can't quite grasp in my limited understanding of the way DDO works under the hood.
    Last edited by Memnir; 01-14-2013 at 07:32 PM.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

    .55326.

  17. #197
    Community Member voodoogroves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Cackalacky
    Posts
    9,593

    Default

    I know what I'll slot in my eAGA on my divine now ....
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

  18. #198
    Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    work....
    Posts
    30,449

    Default

    So will rune arms get reworked to have slots? They aren't random loot after all.

  19. #199
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    So... are you saying that things like Pure Good, Acid Burst, Thaumaturge, etc can't be searched for? Or even things like Adamantine, Mithril, or Guard items cannot be looked up specifically? Because if not, then I'm exploiting something like hell each time I use the AH. I mean, all those things would be specific mutations to my mind.


    I'm not really surprised that it won't break trend with the current system - I just don't really understand the why, I guess. Not asking or expecting a chapter-and-verse breakdown of the reasons, mind you. You say it cannot work at this time, and I believe you. Just that this something that I can't quite grasp in my limited understanding of the way DDO works under the hood.
    Because now you have to buy the biggest Ing Bag on each Char to not get bothered by those crystals that would else take up at least 4 Large bags.

    Also the sales of those new crystals and slotted items at the TP shop will increase a lot without search function for the AH.
    Last edited by Daemoneyes; 01-14-2013 at 08:08 PM.
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

  20. #200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Lahar the Epic Trader in the Twelve sells some augments. Their costs in Epic Dungeon and Epic Raid tokens are lower than their previous costs.
    Forgotten Realms quests need to drop Epic Dungeon Fragments, Epic Dungeon tokens and Epic Raid tokens. It's ridiculous they don't.
    Kobeyashi | Hamada | Ying

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload