Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by aarant View Post
    On the off chance I ever see 1 of ur lfms is it ok for me to enter and go have a smoke, maybe watch a movie as well?
    Are you a guildy?

This sort of thing happens all the time to me!

We like pikers, really.

We love them when the manage to pike and not die.
    Pipot, Officer of Loot, Cannith.

Community Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BuyTiles View Post
    Are you a guildy?

We like pikers, really.

Pikers>Pugs 90% of the time. Pikers FTW !!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    He's talking about his right to play what is regarded a "gimp" build, not about griefing.
    When the low hp cleric doesn't heal and dies over and over, is he a gimp, a griefer, or both?
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

Quote Originally Posted by aarant View Post
    On the off chance I ever see 1 of ur lfms is it ok for me to enter and go have a smoke, maybe watch a movie as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuyTiles View Post
    Are you a guildy?

We like pikers, really.

/chuckles

I have a guildy that sometimes advertises in guild chat XXXXX Elite, pikers welcome. Piking is 10% better than dying after all

Community Member

I'm not sure really what this post is about, seriously it is pretty generalized & simple common rules about loot. that has been said 50X til dawn in this thread, only thing i can think of that might be misconstrued as rude or could put someone off is If someone loots something and it's not their class.. O'well, grow a pair and deal with it, it was theirs.

Perosonal im tired on how "overly sensative", our world has become.. serously.. grow a pair everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    When the low hp cleric doesn't heal and dies over and over, is he a gimp, a griefer, or both?
    It's griefing if it's on purpose. Not sure if this applies to the player in question.

One of my alts is a fleshy sorc, 'nuff said.
    Last edited by stoerm; 01-31-2013 at 05:39 AM. Reason: 1k posts!

If a friend/guildie has made it known to me that they need an item and I pull it and do not need myself, I pass it directly to them.
    If I'm in a run mixed with guildies and pugs and I pull something I do not need, I put it for roll. I don't offer it to my guildies exclusively first unless they've stated that they are looking for it, or if I know that the item is very useful for their class. I haven't made any class restrictions but I do offer a BTC item to the class in the party that it suits first, and if they don't want, I put it for roll.

I am very against proxy rolling and would blacklist any player I witness doing this. Actually had an issue with this not too long ago. A roll should be fair; everyone gets 1, and it should not be a popularity contest based on who has the most friends in the group.

Bottom line, your loot is your loot. My loot is my loot. And you don't roll on something unless you're going to use it.

Community Member

Default Easy Loot Rules From Your Friend, Cheezburgerz.

1. If it's in your name, you can do anything you want with it.
    2. If it's in someone else's name, it's not yours, see 1.

Things that you can do with an item that is in your name:

1. Stick it in your ear.
    2. Take it.
    3. Give it to anyone you want to have it.
    4. Roll it off to the group.
    5. Say that you're going to roll it off, make sure everyone has rolled and then take it.
    6. Say that you're going to roll it off, wait until everyone has rolled and then sell it to the highest bidder.
    7. After rolling it off, just leave it in the chest and laugh at the person who won the roll.

Things that you can do to try to convince someone to put an item into your name:

1. Offer them great gifts.
    2. Try to roll really high.
    3. Beg.

Things that you can do about gear that is in someone else's name:

0. Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezburgerz View Post

1. Stick it in your ear.
    2. Take it.
    5. Say that you're going to roll it off, make sure everyone has rolled and then take it.
    6. Say that you're going to roll it off, wait until everyone has rolled and then sell it to the highest bidder.
    7. After rolling it off, just leave it in the chest and laugh at the person who won the roll.

Things that you can do to try to convince someone to put an item into your name:

3. Beg.

0. Nothing.
    Clap Clap!!
    Officer Of Templar - Now Recruiting
    KennyBurns - Electric Savant DPS~ KennyFails The Completionist - Rogue Stick Life 15/15 Completionist ~ KennyHeals - Fvs Healer~ KennyRanges - TWF Manyshoot Of Cannith

Question

I have a very short list of loot rolls.
    If I want it , I keep it.

If you can't use it ,on this toon ,in this life and someone else wants it , you don't get a roll. Sorry but your next life on your wizard means nothing to me when the barb/pally/fighter are drooling over the SoS.

If I'm with a guildy/friend and they want it , they get it.

If you roll on an item before I say the item is up for a roll, you are excluded. Even if no one else wants it , you do not get it.
    -------------
    If you start asking for bidders on loot that fell In your name ,rather than a roll, more power to you. But you go on my list and I don't care if you are the only blue bar and I pull a torc , tough luck.
    Move along , Nothing to see here

Community Member

Any loot I loot is mine to do with as I wish but since I'm a nice person...

Guild, most stuff is up for grabs IF it's to be used on one of their toons unless I don't have it and want it for future use.
    Majority of players, if I loot something and someone asks for it then they can have it as long as I don't want it, if a few people ask then they can sort it out or roll.
    New players, anytime I've run with new comers I just give them most my lower level loot and end rewards.

Named/Bound items are in a different category, If I don't have a BTA item then I'll probably keep it unless it's for a class I'll never run, if it will suit someone in my Guild then it's up for grabs if they plan on using it, non Guild members can ask and generally I'll pass it on to them. BTC has to be given away if it's not for my class, Guild members can have first claim if they can use it, if not anyone else.

I have no issue with giving away loot but would like if people I give stuff to would do the same for others.
    My Toons:
    DWP - Fighter/Favored Soul, Olur Takun - Something, Perddy Elfie - Artificer, Tamqil Jemhar - Ranger

Community Member

My loot is my loot. If I pull a Sword of Shadow on my cleric that I am never going to TR and vendor it, that's my business.

Guild mates then friends get highest priority. If not then why are you in a guild or have friends?

If I don't want it and there are no guildies or they don't want it. I might put it up for roll. I might put restrictions on who can roll. I might just ask who wants it and give it to the first person who responds. I might put it up for bid.

If I give it to you, it is your loot. Do what you want with it. Did you roll for a guild mate? I don't care. That's one of the great things about being in a guild. Give to a friend, sell it, vendor it. I don't whine about what you do with your loot.

Be fair. I won a roll on a FRDS once. I actually tied for highest roll, but it was not noticed by the owner or myself due to another item up for roll at the same time. It was given to me and I looted it. It was pointed out to me after finishing and I immediately sent a tell to the tying player offering a roll off for it.

Don't roll twice. Don't say you accidentally hit / up arrow when you are called out on it after it is mistakenly given to you. Don't then say you accidentally looted it instead of given it to the rightful winner.
    That little b***h is still paying for that stunt. I am not without influence. I will make sure thousands of players know your name and what you did.

Don't complain about what I do with my loot. See above.

You don't like what I do? I don't care. Put me on your list. I am on many of them already. The people I play with respect my skills and my attitude towards fair play and getting the job done. Me being on your list just makes you look bad.
    Last edited by Twin_Stronglord; 02-01-2013 at 05:22 AM. Reason: had more to say

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Stronglord View Post
    You don't like what I do? I don't care. Put me on your list. I am on many of them already. The people I play with respect my skills and my attitude towards fair play and getting the job done. Me being on your list just makes you look bad.
    Vendoring SoS on your cleric is not "fair play". If you end up on someone's list for such a reason you deserve it and it makes YOU look bad.

I know blind "My name my loot" is easier, but it's not all black and white.

I'm not trying to convince anyone btw, I know I can't.
    Cannith - Juzam, Water Savant II Ranger 6 Monk 2 AA/ Orocarn, Stalwart Defender III Monk 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Guardiani di Eberron

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezburgerz View Post

1. Stick it in your ear.
    2. Take it.

3. Beg.

0. Nothing.
    +100000

1 petition pls

could u do 1 diagram with arrows/colours (not too big pls, would like to put it as avatar/signature) ??

xDDDDD

must say i don't agree with 5 and 7, if i understood right, both are based on being bad person -_- if you roll it off... give it to anybody (doesnt mean you have to give it to the highest roller, in fact it will be your loot til you pass it)

guess option 1 means leaving the item in chest (agree with this too, your loot is your loot)

and to conclude... why another post of loot? i mean, what are guilds/friends for? isn't naïve expecting that someone gives you their loot by X reason? say it was typed in the lfm, or they made a post with "new loot rules while joining X guild's pugs"

i mean, the more you try to force someone to do give you their loot, the more times you will see that loot in the chest til ragnarok's day

like cheez said, if you want some loot, use the only 3 ways he gave you to get it, roll, pay,beg, rest of attitudes will harm you

btw, fair play isn't deciding you deserve 1 loot more than other member in group, just pointing it
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FengXian View Post
    Vendoring SoS on your cleric is not "fair play". If you end up on someone's list for such a reason you deserve it and it makes YOU look bad.

I know blind "My name my loot" is easier, but it's not all black and white.

I'm not trying to convince anyone btw, I know I can't.
    You making a judgment on what I do with my property is fair play then in your eyes? Me not complaining when others do as I do is not fair play?

Anybody that disagrees with me, please do me a favor. If you play on Thelanis add these toons to your squelch list: Seerenus, Seerena and Maslyn. Tell your guild not run with them or my guild.

Just know that I am very generous with my loot. I have never done anything like my SoS example. But if I do don't whine and I won't whine if you do it to me. Fair enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Stronglord View Post
    Anybody that disagrees with me, please do me a favor. If you play on Thelanis add these toons to your squelch list: Seerenus, Seerena and Maslyn. Tell your guild not run with them or my guild.
    Does this look like the Thelanis forum to you?

Mesmerita

Default Invasion?

Or is our server suddenly getting merged with thelanis cus i thought we were on cannith
    Officer Of Templar - Now Recruiting
    KennyBurns - Electric Savant DPS~ KennyFails The Completionist - Rogue Stick Life 15/15 Completionist ~ KennyHeals - Fvs Healer~ KennyRanges - TWF Manyshoot Of Cannith

Community Member Sunarch_Kunari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belsogno View Post
    So, what is your opinion on the loot rules? What do you consider fair or unfair? What bring you to /blacklist pople?
    Ok, this didn't happen on the Cannith server, but it did frustrate me.

I ran a HoX with a puggy, and everything went smoothly and died before our wrath. We looted the chest, and the party leader told everyone to pass all named loot to him so he could pass it out. I'm like "wut" but whatever, he let me pug with him, so I pass him my Lorrik's necklace. Two Tharrack wraps dropped, and at the time I was a fighter gearing up for a monk tr, and the party leader was a pure fighter. He let everyone roll on things that made sense (i.e my Lorrik's to the clerics, Tharracks to the ki bars, ect ect) and I was fine, it mean I didn't get to roll on the wraps which kind of disappointed me, but there were two monks in the party probably looking for them. Only one monk was looking for them, and I could not roll on them because I was not currently a monk. Everyone else rolled on other stuff they wanted and still a dragon's hoard of named items were left in the chest. I asked if I could have the remaining wraps, nope! I asked if I could have my Lorrik's Necklace back, "why do u want it, your not even a caster"

In the end, the party leader looted all the named items and I got nothing, even though the only item I wanted was uncontested. I was the only one who thought this was unfair, and I was kicked as soon as I left. Party leader was quickly squelched.
    Khorgain (Orien) - Nearc (Orien) - Sunarch (Khyber)
    Quote Originally Posted by danzig138 View Post
    I want a small planetary system orbiting around my cranium.
    Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    Congratulations, you made a high priestess into a heretic - here's your XP.

Quote Originally Posted by t0r012 View Post
    I have a very short list of loot rolls.
    If I want it , I keep it.

<SNIP>
    If you start asking for bidders on loot that fell In your name ,rather than a roll, more power to you. But you go on my list and I don't care if you are the only blue bar and I pull a torc , tough luck.
    I love how people always start with a reasonable laissez faire blanket statement before they get into their BS threats about what they'll do if you don't do what they want with your pulls.

I just don't get why the idea of selling items causes so much frothing at the mouth. If it's OK to loot it and sell it to a vendor, then how is it possibly unacceptable to sell it to another player? Not to mention passing to a friend because they passed you something else last week.

Frankly I think it would be so much better if (genuinely valuable) items were auctioned off rather than rolled on. It would end all the BS arguments about what class/build ought to get to roll. If the Barbarian is willing to pay more for that Torc than the wizard then he gets it. People just don't like the idea of having to pay for things of value rather than pressuring people to give them away for free.
    Gildus, Yhvain, Sabathiel, Einion

Cannith, GOCI
    Be Chill, have fun

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    How about you get it right?

I dont heal you because im not able to, i dont heal you because youre a trolling griefing vegitable.

I dont die except in the very endgame content, you know it. I think thats only natural for a first lifer. You constantly compare my first lifer to peoples 20-30 lifers as a valid point for personal gaming skills. What a 20-30 lifer proves, as far as skills concerned, is that you are a good grinder that have a purpose in life.

Pyreal af Templar

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast