Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Belsogno View Post

-So, what is your opinion on the loot rules? What do you consider fair or unfair? What bring you to /blacklist pople?
    What loot rules? If I open a chest and there is loot with my name on it, its my loot. I will take it or give it away as I see fit.

Quite helpful...I still kinda disagree about passing items to friends in pug runs, I've always believed everyone who contributed to the completion deserves a chance on rolling an item.
    This is also because some people mainly pug, and can almost only rely on pug runs to get their gear. Now a good chunk of pug raids are guild-based: 6 people from a guild +6 pugs etc...so those pugs see their chances of rolling drastically reduced.
    However I understand that the only rule that can actually be "enforced" is your name your loot...so can't be helped I guess.

Other than that yeah, I'm against proxy-rolling and rolling for sale/collection or with classes that don't really need the item (classical example of barb rolling on bracers of the glacier: he might need them for a quest or 2 for the fireshield proc but casters need them way more).

About trading BTC/BTA items from chests...not sure. I definitely agree about trading them for another item in the same chest. As for people offering scales, plat and stuff...I'm kinda ok with it as long as it doesn't become common practice...I mean, if someone's been looking for an item for years they might as well start getting impatient and start offering stuff for it. Do so at the beginning of the run if you really must, should be an exception tho. If we end up with BTC/BTA items being auctioned at every chest it would be a big problem...
    Cannith - Juzam, Water Savant II Ranger 6 Monk 2 AA/ Orocarn, Stalwart Defender III Monk 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Guardiani di Eberron

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FengXian View Post
    Quite helpful...I still kinda disagree about passing items to friends in pug runs, I've always believed everyone who contributed to the completion deserves a chance on rolling an item.
    This is also because some people mainly pug, and can almost only rely on pug runs to get their gear. Now a good chunk of pug raids are guild-based: 6 people from a guild +6 pugs etc...so those pugs see their chances of rolling drastically reduced.
    This would make sense if the 6 people from the guild actually needed the help. Enforcing that rule would have guilds shortmanning raids to farm items for their members. The lack of raid LFMs hints that some raiding guilds are doing that already.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

However I understand that the only rule that can actually be "enforced" is your name your loot...so can't be helped I guess.
    Well, actually they get their rolls. The game do it when you open the chest.
    And for less chance for loot in guild raids? Maybe its just us (i doubt), but in guild raids most item is up for a roll for the puggers. And not just the garbage, but things like sos shards. So its not black and white. Guild raids have better chance to success, and may or may not more (or less) chance for loot. Depends on the guild. But since a full pug raid may fail or do it on an easier difficulty, your chance for loot is already increased in guild raids.
    Cannith
    Csodaszarvas
    Valyria - Hulkie - Sillymilly - Killberry - Silvyanna - Walour - Corgak - Thalrian-1

I (and my guild) have been squelched for a long time by a whole guild (not a low one, but one of the highest on server) because I got passed by a guildmate the claw gloves seal.
    Additionally, I usually see a lot of crying and drama over any trade you decide to do with a loot under your name, with people bragging about "you should put it up for roll ecc ecc".
    What is clear to me is that everybody has his own views, so running with the "your loot is your loot" idea, could seriously put you in troubles.
    I think you've pretty much got the right idea here. "Your loot is your loot" is the rule, but if you stick too strictly to it, it can cause troubles with others. I personally understand why some guilds pass to each other during raids, though my guild has a strict policy that even pugs get a roll on each item that is unwanted by the puller. This is up to any individual to decide if they want to pass their loot or put it up for roll. This falls under the golden rule.

I won't blacklist a guild that does that, but it will obviously influence my decision to run with them if I'm the pugger. I join that LFM with the understanding that loot may be passed. As there are more than enough raids run on my server for me where loot is shared between guildie and pug alike, I don't have any reason to run a raid where loot isn't shared equally. Not exactly a blacklist, but more of a situation where I tend to gravitate toward players that share the same looting practices as my own guild.
    Last edited by redspecter23; 01-15-2013 at 08:37 AM.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

People follow the "Loot is mine" policy, and i usually do it as well. I cannot blame it...Though there are some rare things in the game that if there was better cooperation between people who knows each other or who think carefully before looting something, would be much more easy to acquire. Toughtful looting equals widespread wealth.

You know unicorns fly and dragons live in my house. Things like that.
    Last edited by Zerkul; 01-15-2013 at 08:55 AM.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zerkul View Post
    There are some rare things in the game that if there was better cooperation between people who knows each other or who think carefully before looting something, would be much more easy to acquire. Toughtful looting equals widespread wealth.
    I don't think there is a way to make that work, server-wide.

"Don't roll for an item for an alt when someone else's main needs it"
    "Pass that +4 charisma tome to the sorcerer, someone else will give you a tome that you need later"
    "OK, let's go farm that Shard before he starts snarfling again"

People who follow these good ideas will have a much easier time acquiring their gear, but it only works between friends. There are too many liars and cheaters running around.

Leader of Templar

Community Member

Strictly your loot is your loot.

If I don't need it and a guildy/friend wants it I'm handing it to them. Its mine I'll do as I please. They always help me, and I help them in return, simple.

As an altoholic myself I don't care if people are intending to use loot on the toon present or on another one in their stable. If I've put something up for roll then I am no longer concerned with what happens to it at that point.

I try not to leave anything in a chest without trying to get rid of it first, poor boy mentality, hate to see things go to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Moltier View Post
    Not long ago 3 or 4 barb (all with eSoS and eAGA) rolled for the bow Pinion vs an AA.
    Yeah, the AA was me, but meh, its just some pixels.
    Buuut of course it was a little disappointing to see that after i healed their a$$es on my fvs. :P
    Huh, the exact same thing happened to me... what's up with these barbarians and their pinion grabbing ways?

It burns a bit, particularly after having recently passed comms to people who "really really needed it" twice (before the weapon upgrade system), but yeah, ultimately just pixels. Only do the run if it's going to be fun regardless of loot.

I still try to pass loot that I kinda-sorta want but will really help someone else, but I don't expect it to come back to me in any way.

The "loot everything, roll on everything, even if I'm probably never going to use it" mentality is is kind of lame IMO, but there's nothing to be done about so no use getting worked up. Part of it is that everyone and their brother is apparently on completionist-track these days and needs every conceivable item (even the ML 21+ ones for some reason I fail to comprehend).
    Gildus, Yhvain, Sabathiel, Einion

Cannith, GOCI
    Be Chill, have fun

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    I don't think there is a way to make that work, server-wide.

"Don't roll for an item for an alt when someone else's main needs it"
    "Pass that +4 charisma tome to the sorcerer, someone else will give you a tome that you need later"
    "OK, let's go farm that Shard before he starts snarfling again"

People who follow these good ideas will have a much easier time acquiring their gear, but it only works between friends. There are too many liars and cheaters running around.
    would you think possible to estabilish a general rule on looting to follow by all players that agree about?

Maybe here on the forum
    Cannith Server. Member of Alleanza degli uomini liberi.

udorico-malodei-duenote-ossobuco

Default A suggestion.

would you think possible to estabilish a general rule on looting to follow by all players that agree about?

Maybe here on the forum
    Forum is not the community of DDO ingame, just a little part. Furthermore, we on forums cannot decide things for everyone, because i know already we won't agree all on the thing.

I can just think of one thing that could enforce a "loot rule": a userchat. One could make an userchat with specific "loot rule" and request that anyone joining and making raids from that channel has to follow it. Such a thing could help spreading the "wealth" among Cannith players and therefore helping the server growth. Just an idea.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

would you think possible to establish a general rule on looting to follow by all players that agree about?

Maybe here on the forum
    The amount of Cannithites who use this forum?
    The amount of Cannithites who don't use this forum?

Seriously - Making rules up on the forums isn't the same as having those rules in-game!

Many of the Cannithites who do come to these forums however are guild leaders and officers {I see quite a few Templar and Zerg members here these days}.
    Enforcing rules through Guilds getting together is one thing BUT always remember that those guilds still account for less than 1% of the server population!*

*Yes even Templar!

Community Member

Maybe here on the forum
    Keeping track of a blacklist is annoying and Turbine won't even let us post one on the forums. The best you can do is to keep a white list of people who you know are following the rules and give priority to them. But that's not much different from passing loot to friends, is it?

Leader of Templar

Start behaving like you'd want others to behave. You'll be shafted and taken for granted sometimes, but you'll have a positive effect even if you don't notice it. Random acts of friendliness > trying to impose some kind of ruleset.

Default My rules...

** Whoever's name it dropped in gets to decide to do what they want with it.

** If I need it for the toon I am running, an alternate toon or planned toon...I am taking it...no roll.

** If I don't want/need the item and have a guildie in the party that wants/needs...that person gets it...no roll.

** If I don't want/need the item and do not have a guildie in the party that wants/needs...it goes up for roll. This can be rolled for by anyone in the party...I don't judge who should roll for said item. If they want to use it, pass it to another toon on their account, plan for TR or send it to another party member that is a friend/guildie I don't care...to me it is the same as if the item popped for them when the chest opened and that player gets to decide the items fate.

** I WILL NOT sell the item to the highest bidder in the party...this move is low class IMO. I may set up a trade if I have an item desired by another player that has something I have been longing for.

** I may purposely take a party desired item if the party was a bunch of a-holes...this might place me on their blacklist but if I didn't enjoy running with them anyway let them. NOTE: Haven't ever run into this option but I wouldn't be above doing it.

** If the LFM states the rules for loot then those rules are to be followed...tho I rarely join "loot reserved" LFM's.

Default devs please

Black out every 1s loot in the chest so we cant see it if its not for us so we stop getting threads like this, add a extra option on the pull down menu for the item so u can make a item visible.

And they all lived happily ever after on a farm well stocked with rabbits and gold stars The end.

ARTICLE 1 of CANNITH LOOT RULES:

At the beginning of every quest, the party shall devote a solid 30-45 minutes to the discussion of loot rules. Each player shall explain in great detail the needs and wants of his character and alts. Players must justify, to the group's satisfaction, what named items they would roll on and why. A common consensus as to the party's loot rules shall be reached upon a majority vote. A player's right to (a) pass loot and (b) roll on loot as agreed shall not be infringed. Players found in violation of party loot rules should be called out in this forum and server blacklisted, and beaten vigorously with a smoked salmon.

In a pug raid, I really don't care. Your loot is your loot, do whatever you want with it. The only time I have an issue, is when something is put up for roll and there's multiple people rolling for 1 person (eg, 1 person needs X item and 2 of his friends put in a roll but will pass to the one who needs it if they win), you should only roll on items that YOU can use. If a caster wants to loot madstone boots to vendor, then so be it, just don't tell the barbarian who's on his 67th run still without a pair.

I see pug loot rules as more of a curtousy/fair play type thing.

Guild raids, whether you are invited to run, join one or are running your own. I'd expect to be told the loot rules (and if they've being used) BEFORE the raid has started. Nothing would **** me off more than to help complete a raid only to be told at the chest that I can't roll on anything because I'm not in their guild (and it sucks, but there is a guild on the server who does this, at least on the 2 occasions I've ran with them). Have no issue really with most of the guild loot rules though, 1 item per char, name your toon for loot etc etc.

Final thought and what I think would be ideal? Everyone contributes in some way, so everyone should have an equal, fair chance of getting X item that gets put up for roll. Guild or PUG raids, it doesn't matter.

Other than that yeah, I'm against proxy-rolling and rolling for sale/collection or with classes that don't really need the item (classical example of barb rolling on bracers of the glacier: he might need them for a quest or 2 for the fireshield proc but casters need them way more).

About trading BTC/BTA items from chests...not sure. I definitely agree about trading them for another item in the same chest. As for people offering scales, plat and stuff...I'm kinda ok with it as long as it doesn't become common practice...I mean, if someone's been looking for an item for years they might as well start getting impatient and start offering stuff for it. Do so at the beginning of the run if you really must, should be an exception tho. If we end up with BTC/BTA items being auctioned at every chest it would be a big problem...
    I have zero problem with people passing items to friends or guildies or trading an item for an item in the chest. Selling items annoys the hell out of me as does someone who rolls on an item just to get something to sell and proxy rolling gets the whole group/guild on ignore rolls and avoid healing list for a while

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by aarant View Post
    Black out every 1s loot in the chest so we cant see it if its not for us so we stop getting threads like this, add a extra option on the pull down menu for the item so u can make a item visible.

And they all lived happily ever after on a farm well stocked with rabbits and gold stars The end.
    I hate this idea more than any amount of loot drama and it makes no sense everyone is standing there with you they should see the loot so why have to use a menu to make it visible.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast