Community Member

Default hotbars and their use...

Hello all.

I have a battle cleric that has cleave/great cleave and momentum swing twisted in.

at the moment my hotbar one has

POSITION:

1. heal...my oh ***** button
    2. momentum swing
    3. cleave
    4. great cleave
    5. energy burst (I have a splash of wiz and fighter...roc boots)
    6. haste boost

so I have the numbers one to six of hotbar one keyed to one to six on my keyboard. I then use one hand to fight and walk tab q etc. ..the other to click and heal/deathward/etc etc...etc

MY Problem: I have tested these in quests by running in..no lag...hitting the buttons and they all go off no problems..

lately my number one and 2 buttons refuse to work. This is doing Epic Elite content with or without lag..in the middle of very busy fights trying to heal party members and do my job...up close...fighting with my aura on so I can heal..burst etc. Often results in my death and party members as I hit heal (number 1) it doesn't go off. I then have to drag my mouse and hit burst (Only used to heal as much of the party as possible so waste of a burst) or manually hit the heal...

or momentum swing doesnt' go off at all and I am distracted and start worrying my heal won't work either.

Anyone else have this problem?

Any ideas?

Cheers
    Gemmy

I've just thought..is my keyboard about to go kaput? there's one idea to explore? I do hit these buttons a lot. ...this happen to anyone else?

Did you maybe spill your drink on it? They seem to not live very long once that happens.

Sounds like a targetting issue. It would be nice to be able to set further conditions on spells so that you can have certain one's always target you or the closest ally to whatever object or monster you currently have targetted.

Community Member

I think youre referring to what I call casting lag. Sometimes the cooldown will go off after using a spell/ability/clickie, but no effect is produced, no SP taken, no charge expended... If you keep clicking, usually it will go off correctly before the cooldown finishes. Thats why Ive taken to keep clicking icons / pushing keys repeatedly until I see the actual effect go off.
    Con is not a dump stat, but reading comprehension is not a dump skill!

I dont have alts, just mules. Find me as Darivian on Thelanis.

Quote Originally Posted by good_ole_corwin View Post
    I think youre referring to what I call casting lag. Sometimes the cooldown will go off after using a spell/ability/clickie, but no effect is produced, no SP taken, no charge expended... If you keep clicking, usually it will go off correctly before the cooldown finishes. Thats why Ive taken to keep clicking icons / pushing keys repeatedly until I see the actual effect go off.
    I suspect this - and it never fails: no matter what the effect/action/spell is and what key I bind it to, if it was vital to my survival at the moment, it will fail to execute

Failed concentration check maybe? That wouldn't explain why momentum swing wouldn't work though...

Old keyboard maybe?
    -The mash on Argo
    In Soviet Russia Shroud trust in YOU!

Community Member

Default Thanks

Appreciate the feedback. HEAL possibly targeting issue. It takes ages to cast sometimes and definitely doesn't go off when it should. I know to target myself as number one in my head when I need to emergency heal myself. But I don't always do it.
    Possibly keyboard as I often have a laugh in the game and once spurted coffee all over my keyboard and screen!

Momentum swing though? I've been in a dungeon with no one around and it goes off..so surely it isn't target related?

I've had burst not go off because of targeting but that is rare.

Ok thanks for the feedback.

Gemmy

It's probably just lag. I get this same issue once in a while where I hit a key and there is no response. I've seen this with any number of hot keys / abilities...spells, heals, lay on hands, etc. You probably notice it the most on certain keys because you are using those keys the most (thus they have the highest probability of it occuring). For example, on my sorc I notice it once in a while on my frost lance SLA because I probably cast that spell the most. I hear your pain, because over the years I have died on my Paladin more times that I would have liked while mashing my lay on hands button only for it not to go off
    Aryk Stoutheart, Paladin - Sarlona
    Rindyl Twirliblade, Elven Swashbuckler - Sarlona
    Vyyndar Stoutheart, Vanguard Paladin - Argo