Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default WTS (24 hour auction) Full Plate Primal of Spell Proofing

-closed-
    Last edited by ThreeEyedBob; 01-15-2013 at 02:41 AM.
    Member and owner of "The Mad Midgets" of Khyber.
    Characters; Skrangle, Eileenia, Thyrantraxus, Clonkstar, Eilert, Nidvisa, Sellyse, Lobotobias, Crimsoneye, Whimpsy, Meeep, Maszter, Andromansis etc

I'd have been interested in this as a robe. I just can't wear Spell Proofing fulltime and so need the fast swapping.

Nice item tho.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

I have a Primal of Major Luck robe that I'm also considering putting up for auction later. I'll have to think on that though and wait to see how this auction turns out.
    Characters; Skrangle, Eileenia, Thyrantraxus, Clonkstar, Eilert, Nidvisa, Sellyse, Lobotobias, Crimsoneye, Whimpsy, Meeep, Maszter, Andromansis etc

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    I'd have been interested in this as a robe. I just can't wear Spell Proofing fulltime and so need the fast swapping.

Nice item tho.
    This. It's giving up too much against other armors for full time use and armor takes too long to swap in. A nice item, but it just misses by a fraction. On a robe it'd draw serious interest. As is, I'd value it at a 100kpp to maybe 1 red.
    Asheras - Velania - Ventarya - Renvar - Vallorynn - Officer - Loreseekers and Sentinels Guilds - Khyber

I bet the full plate wearers who like their PRR are crying blood for all the monks/clothies over not having to compete for this one. Stopping a full 10 seconds to swap out an armor just destroys everyones game...I can see that now.

100-250k? Riiiiight....

Minimum is staying as is.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeEyedBob View Post
    I bet the full plate wearers who like their PRR are crying blood for all the monks/clothies over not having to compete for this one. Stopping a full 10 seconds to swap out an armor just destroys everyones game...I can see that now.

100-250k? Riiiiight....

Minimum is staying as is.
    Here is the thing, how much would it be without the spell absorption? A lot of times, you just want to swap to this before you get killed by some nasty spells. But you can't swap in battle.

Community Member

So unfortunate that it's not a Robe.

Quote Originally Posted by Alimai View Post
    So unfortunate that it's not a Robe.
    This.

At the very least I think you will get AH buyout for it. Not sure that SR 35 is worth a **** though where it counts.
    Last edited by Nitesco; 01-19-2013 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    At the very least I think you will get AH buyout for it. Not sure that SR 35 is worth a **** though where it counts.
    SR isn't, it's the massively better Mantle effect that is why you would use this item. This is a non-exclusive Mantle that recharges fully each rest.

At least you would use it if you could hotswap it on like a robe...

SR isn't, it's the massively better Mantle effect that is why you would use this item. This is a non-exclusive Mantle that recharges fully each rest.

At least you would use it if you could hotswap it on like a robe...
    I guess but wouldn't it be gone in a second though, if it's the same as the Pale Lavender?
    Last edited by Nitesco; 01-14-2013 at 05:47 PM.

it's not just about what it does. It's about what you give up when you have it on. Look at Corymrian Red, Embrace of the Spider Queen (some of the top tank armor currently and what my tank wears). Both have toughness and heavy fort. (amongs several other nice features). You going to swap in spell absorption at the expense of heavy fort on a tank? Or do you have to plan redundancy there or two gear swaps? Easier to swap in the pale lav and lose the planar conflux or whatever you have in the trinket. That is only a minor DPS hit. It is instantaeous and most certainly doesn't cost you your heavy fort.

And your buy out at 7 mill pp on what everyone agrees is a swap out item at best? And is worse at being a swap out than a pale lav ioun stone you can get for 300kpp and 30 min of farming DD? Sorry. not seeing it. Don't mean to be rude or squash your hopes that you won the lottery, but it's a nice loot gen item, it is not worth a mint.
    Asheras - Velania - Ventarya - Renvar - Vallorynn - Officer - Loreseekers and Sentinels Guilds - Khyber

I guess but wouldn't it be gone in a second though, if it's the same as the Pale Lavender?
    Proofing lasts long enough to matter.

If you have two stacks of Divine Punishment on you from an EE Drow Priestess, you do NOT want the third stack. 5 spells (not spell levels, five whole spells, this isn't the ioun stone effect it's the mantle effect) is enough to guarantee you 'counter' exactly the spell you need to.

If you have Evasion, it also lasts much longer as you don't burn a charge on a fully evaded spell.

Community Member

If you have Evasion, it also lasts much longer as you don't burn a charge on a fully evaded spell.
    Don't think you'll be evading in full plate. Know my druid with 2 rogue lost evasion with medium armor last life. Is nice armor.. if i had some character who would ever make it to 25 i think i'd bid on it.

Quote Originally Posted by smeggy1384 View Post
    Don't think you'll be evading in full plate. Know my druid with 2 rogue lost evasion with medium armor last life. Is nice armor.. if i had some character who would ever make it to 25 i think i'd bid on it.
    I think he was making a point why the robe version is actually way more valuable than this plate version.

Community Member

Ah that'd make sense... the robe swap speed definitely does.

Good luck with selling it.

Community Member

Maybe OP should consider deconning it and selling the essences got from it.....

Well, since there seems to be more interest in discussion than in bidding I'm closing it early.

Proofing lasts long enough to matter.

If you have two stacks of Divine Punishment on you from an EE Drow Priestess, you do NOT want the third stack. 5 spells (not spell levels, five whole spells, this isn't the ioun stone effect it's the mantle effect) is enough to guarantee you 'counter' exactly the spell you need to.

I see, but surely it's still going to be gone in the first encounter. I agree it would be a nice swap-in as a robe or something and the the only reason I valued it at all was because the SR 35 might be worth something up to maybe EN on a melee solo'er.

Sorry, please ignore this bad advice. I have seen it languishing on the AH for days at buyout. Probably better to start a WTS thread here and just take offers. The only people who would consider wearing this are those who could never afford it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast